PDA

View Full Version : Spring signing day 2019 Edition Thread - NUCLEAR BITCH THREAD

ScoobaDawg
02-06-2019, 01:54 AM
Fine..this is the bitch thread now.. Y'all have fun.. get it all out. Show how STUPID some of you are.

I seen it dawg
02-06-2019, 06:56 AM
Thanks Scoob...let the games begin.

Mobile Bay
02-06-2019, 07:56 AM
How many will Old Mi$$ flip?

Lord McBuckethead
02-06-2019, 08:00 AM
I always wonder how many kids accidentally send in papers to UM and a different school on the same morning. Also they will flip 5, but all will be their own commits.

ShotgunDawg
02-06-2019, 08:18 AM
Looks like Mingo will sign with Ole Miss

Gonna be a long day

hacker
02-06-2019, 08:18 AM

Gonna be a long day

Where you seeing that?

MetEdDawg
02-06-2019, 08:21 AM
Where you seeing that?

I'm guessing a bunch of OM people

KOdawg1
02-06-2019, 08:23 AM

Gonna be a long day

Gonna go 0/3. Shit. Show.

bluelightstar
02-06-2019, 08:26 AM
This guy is only going to sign 5 of MS’s top 20 and can’t even fill up a class. Woof

ShotgunDawg
02-06-2019, 08:26 AM
Gonna go 0/3. Shit. Show.

Complete shit show.

I think Moorhead is done at MSU. Sure he'll be here for another few years, but he doesn't have "it" and MSU MUST have a coach that has "it".

I'm sure we'll hear excuses but he's literally sucked at everything since getting here.

Rick Danko
02-06-2019, 08:27 AM

Gonna be a long day

Yawn, SSDY

gravedigger
02-06-2019, 08:28 AM
I'm going to go ahead and kick this off and will edit this post as the morning goes along...

730 is gonna come early for our first bit of good news...

I'll edit this and add all the profiles and news releases as they come in.

Just want to say I'm watching this thread to enjoy the abject misery that certain posters are going to express and BEG the rest of you to join in with them. I can see 2 have gotten the ball rolling already.

Let the meltdown proceed........

KOdawg1
02-06-2019, 08:28 AM
Complete shit show.

I think Moorhead is done at MSU. Sure he'll be here for another few years, but he doesn't have "it" and MSU MUST have a coach that has "it".

I'm sure we'll hear excuses but he's literally sucked at everything since getting here.

It's almost like we're the ones who have been under investigation recently with NCAA trouble. OM is back to out recruiting us again

ShotgunDawg
02-06-2019, 08:29 AM
Just want to say I'm watching this thread to enjoy the abject misery that certain posters are going to express and BEG the rest of you to join in with them. I can see 2 have gotten the ball rolling already.

There should be a melt down if we go 0-3 today. You simply can't say you care about winning and not see this for what it is. It's a coaching staff and head coach that simply don't have it. They don't do any thing well.

MetEdDawg
02-06-2019, 08:30 AM
There should be a melt down if we go 0-3 today. You simply can't say you care about winning and not see this for what it is. It's a coaching staff and head coach that simply don't have it. They don't do any thing well.

If? I'm implying you think we go 0-3 since you said it would be a long day. Where did you hear Mingo is going to OM? Spill it.

KOdawg1
02-06-2019, 08:31 AM

The only thing more annoying than people melting is people bitching about people melting. This is a fail by the staff. Doesn't mean I don't love MSU. But if you can't see that, I can't help you.

gravedigger
02-06-2019, 08:32 AM

atta boy.

WeWonItAll(Most)
02-06-2019, 08:32 AM

The thing is, you're already melting and none of those 3 have actually not committed to us. Unless Mingo has committed in the last two minutes.

msudawglb
02-06-2019, 08:34 AM
The thing is, you're already melting and none of those 3 have actually not committed to us. Unless Mingo has committed in the last two minutes.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Og_Mingo_?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7 Ctwgr%5Eauthor

DownwardDawg
02-06-2019, 08:34 AM
Lol at recruiting. This is the first day of the year I've paid attention to recruiting. I remember why now.

hacker
02-06-2019, 08:35 AM
https://mobile.twitter.com/Og_Mingo_?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7 Ctwgr%5Eauthor

What are you linking? His post from July 31?

WeWonItAll(Most)

Did he just pin that tweet? Because it was made July 31 of last year.

MetEdDawg

Read dates. That was in July

deadheaddawg
02-06-2019, 08:36 AM
Someone needs to have a talk with shotgun's husband and tell him that she is on her period every day of the month.

She Really needs to have her hormone levels checked

msstate7
02-06-2019, 08:36 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL03YhE6B98&feature=share

Big4Dawg
02-06-2019, 08:37 AM
He's sticking with OM.

http://twitter.com/whalexander_/status/1093140514726166528

KOdawg1
02-06-2019, 08:37 AM
He's at the school wearing an OM polo and hat right now. It's ova

Big4Dawg
02-06-2019, 08:38 AM
0-3 down the stretch. Only signing 5 of the top 20 players in Mississippi. Not good Moorhead. Not good at all. Championship Standard

bluelightstar
02-06-2019, 08:38 AM
Fire this clown

ShotgunDawg
02-06-2019, 08:39 AM
0-3 down the stretch. Only signing 5 of the top 20 players in Mississippi. Not good Moorhead. Not good at all. Championship Standard

He's done.

Not because of this class but because a year of evidence shows he's not good at anything.

Dawgology
02-06-2019, 08:40 AM
The second I saw a 730 slot for Mingo I said "he's going Ole Miss". You make that splash early as a last ditch effort to swing recruits on the fence your way.

This day is over.

Glad Pickering stuck with us but we aren't getting anyone else of note today. Our bagmen and recruiting efforts suck balls.

msugolf
02-06-2019, 08:41 AM
Long. Three. Years.

KOdawg1
02-06-2019, 08:42 AM
We've basically self-imposed probation with this class.

mparkerfd20
02-06-2019, 08:44 AM
You dumbasses got played by OM last night thinking we"d flip Mingo. SMDH

bluelightstar
02-06-2019, 08:44 AM
Long. Three. Years.

I’d cut bait if we miss a bowl game next year. Moorhead is torpedoing this program in record time

Tbonewannabe
02-06-2019, 08:45 AM

How is that different than every year the last decade? That was a regular complaint with Mullen every year. We rarely had 85 scholarship players in the last decade.

Coursesuper
02-06-2019, 08:46 AM
Swing and a miss 0 for 1.

Dawgology
How is that different than every year the last decade? That was a regular complaint with Mullen every year. We rarely had 85 scholarship players in the last decade.

LMFAO. Mullen would undersign by 2-3...not 11.

Bdawg

If we don't have 85 schollies on the team then we have.

KOdawg1
Go offer Norsworthy an actual scholarship and get him to come back so we can beat OM in something today

Bdawg
02-06-2019, 08:48 AM
Go offer Norsworthy an actual scholarship and get him to come back so we can beat OM in something today

Ha ha. Its sad

chef dixon
02-06-2019, 08:48 AM
Will we sign anyone today?

MetEdDawg
02-06-2019, 08:49 AM
I'm just not sure what else our staff could have done to get Mingo?? I mean that's the thing no one can answer for me. What more could Moorhead have done during recruiting to get him?

msstate7
After early signing day, what have we got done? We've taken it on the chin

Bdawg
Maybe we can nab the PSU transfer to bridge us to next year

msstate7
02-06-2019, 08:50 AM
I'm just not sure what else our staff could have done to get Mingo?? I mean that's the thing no one can answer for me. What more could Moorhead have done during recruiting to get him?

Found a viable back up plan

bluelightstar
02-06-2019, 08:50 AM

Quite frankly, it doesn’t matter. If I work really hard, do all I can, and can’t close deals, I get fired. Results matter, not how hard you tried.

msstate7
02-06-2019, 08:51 AM

The cycle continues... get hopes up, realize it most likely isn't gonna happen, 247 guys get hopes up again, crash and burn

Big4Dawg
02-06-2019, 08:51 AM

You'll have to take that up with Moorhead. We don't get paid millions to answer this question

Leroy Jenkins
02-06-2019, 08:52 AM
"Don't confuse effort with results". -some dude

Saltydog
02-06-2019, 08:52 AM
them on head to head signing day decisions.......We just don't..........Anyone thinking Mingo was signing with us was looking thru maroon colored glasses and took their bait.......

HoopsDawg
02-06-2019, 08:53 AM
Fire this clown

Long 2 years.

MetEdDawg
02-06-2019, 08:54 AM
Quite frankly, it doesn’t matter. If I work really hard, do all I can, and can’t close deals, I get fired. Results matter, not how hard you tried.

This is incorrect. If your position has NEVER gotten results then maybe there's something wrong elsewhere. That's what this is. Folks like you and others are melting because we didn't flip an OM WR commit that has been committed since July. But we should fire Moorhead. Insanity people. If we did this every time Mullen missed he wouldn't have made it 2 years here.

I don't get our fan base sometimes. It's ok to be upset. But to have expected Moorhead to pull a WR away from OM that had been committed for over half a year is the definition of stupid. We NEVER do that. That's an organizational issue not a coach issue.

HoopsDawg
02-06-2019, 08:55 AM

That would be great but I wouldn't count on it.

K9 Avenger
02-06-2019, 08:56 AM
State football recruiting is like a fart under the covers...you feel pretty sure it stinks but...you wait a few seconds and don’t smell anything....you say to yourself, maybe it’s not so bad....wait a bit longer and you’re sort of convinced it doesn’t stink at all! Then, all of the sudden, signing day arrives....you pull up the covers and BAM!! it’s every bit as rancid as you suspected....carry on

HancockCountyDog
Biggest issue of the day, we are at 14 signings.

We can’t just add 5 guys today, one of which has massive grade issues.

bluelightstar
This is incorrect. If your position has NEVER gotten results then maybe there's something wrong elsewhere. That's what this is. Folks like you and others are melting because we didn't flip an OM WR commit that has been committed since July. But we should fire Moorhead. Insanity people. If we did this every time Mullen missed he wouldn't have made it 2 years here.

I don't get our fan base sometimes. It's ok to be upset. But to have expected Moorhead to pull a WR away from OM that had been committed for over half a year is the definition of stupid. We NEVER do that. That's an organizational issue not a coach issue.

It’s his entire body of work — not just the Mingo issue. He was a bad coach during the season, and he has underperformed in recruiting. 5 of the top 20 and we won’t even sign a full class. I don’t care how hard he’s trying, because it hasn’t paid off.

Big4Dawg

If you think this is just about Mingo, you don't get it.

It's only signing 22 people today and one of those has 1 D1 offer
It's only singing 5 of the top 20 in Mississippi
It's not closing down the stretch
It's taking a team with 3 first round picks and finishing NR

KOdawg1
02-06-2019, 08:57 AM
I'm not worried about beating OM on the field. Let them have their recruiting banner again. We've gone toe to toe with them the last 20 years. They still have Matt Luke as their coach.

What worries me is that Moorhead has now gone 0/2 with this past season and now this recruiting cycle. I want to believe he's the guy, but he hasn't done much to convince me otherwise.

ZedFedder
02-06-2019, 08:57 AM
I think we will have a really good class next year.

Dawgology
02-06-2019, 08:58 AM

Yet they can do it to us on the regular and that's just the way it is? Just accept it, right? Don't expect change or push for better. Ok.... This line of thought is how MSU ended up in their role in the first place. Go worship at the Altar of Templeton.

KOdawg1
02-06-2019, 08:58 AM
I think we will have a really good class next year.

Always next year

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-06-2019, 08:59 AM
How can we be so efficient at filling positions when coaches leave but don’t have plan b and c’s on the recruiting side. Are we that scared of having to process some players and what the CL might say?

Dawgology
02-06-2019, 09:00 AM
If you think this is just about Mingo, you don't get it.

It's only signing 22 people today and one of those has 1 D1 offer
It's only singing 5 of the top 20 in Mississippi
It's not closing down the stretch
It's taking a team with 3 first round picks and finishing NR

This. It's no one thing. It's coming in with promises and delivering well below even moderate expectations. It's a fail and a big FU to State fans by the MSU administration. In particular John Cohen. We had the chance to take the next step but we decided to save money and try to outsmar the world.

MetEdDawg
02-06-2019, 09:00 AM
Yet they can do it to us on the regular and that's just the way it is? Just accept it, right? Don't expect change or push for better. Ok.... This line of thought is how MSU ended up in their role in the first place. Go worship at the Altar of Templeton.

Just accept it? No. But understand it? Yes. We aren't a recruiting machine and never have been and this board self admits we don't do what's necessary as a university. But then we blame Moorhead for this? Do you not see how dumb that is?

It happened to Mullen constantly. It happened when we beat them, it happened when they beat us. It happened when they sucked and it happened when they were good. Why would that change suddenly?

BrunswickDawg
02-06-2019, 09:01 AM

And we all know as soon as we move to get outside our "place", the hammer will drop with a suit discount, a set of tires, a supposed discount on a car, or some other drummed up reason to knock us back in line.
It's not just us, it's the SEC hierarchy. Why do you think guys who decommit from us almost always get a bump in rating? That ain't ever going to change.

The sooner people learn that the whole recruiting game is BS, the better off you will be.

Coursesuper
02-06-2019, 09:01 AM

I don’t know what world you work in but let me let you in on something. I’m my environment even if things are out of your control but you still don’t produce ie winter kill or other crazy weather it’s still your ass. Been there done that chief. I wish I’d had boards full of folks like you but that’s just not the real world.

Really Clark?
02-06-2019, 09:03 AM

Many posters did do this with Mullen??? But he also came in during a totally different time and poor school image.

KOdawg1
Shit, it's time to go balls to the walls. Screw the NCAA, they're not going to do anything. OM is back at it already. Why should we continue to stand by?

msstate7
Just accept it? No. But understand it? Yes. We aren't a recruiting machine and never have been and this board self admits we don't do what's necessary as a university. But then we blame Moorhead for this? Do you not see how dumb that is?

It happened to Mullen constantly. It happened when we beat them, it happened when they beat us. It happened when they sucked and it happened when they were good. Why would that change suddenly?

Please don't compare Mullen recruiting against freeze to Moorhead recruiting against Luke, it's ridiculous. Freeze was beating blue bloods for OOS blue chips. Om was at their absolute height of cheating when Mullen was here. This om regime is still cheating (like everyone), but no where even close to freeze level

BrunswickDawg
02-06-2019, 09:04 AM
Shit, it's time to go balls to the walls. Screw the NCAA, they're not going to do anything. OM is back at it already. Why should we continue to stand by?

Ask Bob Tyler, Jackie Sherill, and Angelo Mirando what happens when you do that at MSU football.

HoopsDawg
02-06-2019, 09:05 AM
Please don't compare Mullen recruiting against freeze to Moorhead recruiting against Luke, it's ridiculous. Freeze was beating blue bloods for OOS blue chips. Om was at their absolute height of cheating when Mullen was here. This om regime is still cheating (like everyone), but no where even close to freeze level

Yep. And Mullen is killing it today. Got a big flip already.

Cowbell
02-06-2019, 09:05 AM

+1 Here

Some of you forget about examples like AJ - right out of our backyard. Mingo was only a bonus that shouldnt have been expected.

MetEdDawg
02-06-2019, 09:06 AM
I don’t know what world you work in but let me let you in on something. I’m my environment even if things are out of your control but you still don’t produce ie winter kill or other crazy weather it’s still your ass. Been there done that chief. I wish I’d had boards full of folks like you but that’s just not the real world.

Ok then. As long as you are prepared to fire every head coach we get every single year then let's do itnyour way. But until people like you realize this is a money and organizational issue not a coach issue we will never get better. NEVER. So all of you in the business world can be cute, but I would bet my ass the majority have the resources necessary to compete against folks. Too many of our fans still think us and OM are close. We aren't. They outspend and outrevenue us by an absurd amount. They just suck at making it work.

We have an organizational issue when it comes to recruiting. So go ahead and blame Moorhead. Fire him now. But when the EXACT same thing continues to happen then what do you do?

Jack Lambert
02-06-2019, 09:06 AM
Right now Ole Miss is 26 and we are 23 in rankings. If we sign who we have committed and they sign who they have committed we should still have a better class. Is that right? Unless recruiting rankings don't mean shit and if that is case why worry?

Cloak
02-06-2019, 09:07 AM
Lol at the people "in the know." Ari and IYOK are the only ones that have decent info.

MetEdDawg
02-06-2019, 09:07 AM

Again. It's organizational. You think it's Freeze vs Mullen or Moorhead vs Luke. It's not. It's OM vs MSU and it always has been. And our fan base doesn't get that and it's why we continue to lose like this every single year in recruiting

WSOPdawg
02-06-2019, 09:08 AM
Someone needs to have a talk with shotgun's husband and tell him that she is on her period every day of the month.

She Really needs to have her hormone levels checked

Now that?s funny... buahahahaha!!!

Dawgology
02-06-2019, 09:09 AM
Right now Ole Miss is 26 and we are 23 in rankings. If we sign who we have committed and they sign who they have committed we should still have a better class. Is that right? Unless recruiting rankings don't mean shit and if that is case why worry?

Excpet they are about to sign Ealy, Plumlee

Jack Lambert
02-06-2019, 09:11 AM
Excpet they are about to sign Ealy, Plumlee

Plumlee is already figured in the rankings.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-06-2019, 09:13 AM
Angelo Mirando

Amateur hour in this situation, all the way around.

HaggardDawg
02-06-2019, 09:14 AM
Alright I'll say it and I'm being 100% serious. Mingo is not that good guys. He wouldn't have contributed for us next year, he won't contribute for them next year. In 2 years he'll be on the defensive side of the ball. Y'all are acting like we just lost Jerious Norwood from Brandon. Mingo is passive, he disappeared in games. Most of this year he wasn't even the best WR on his high school team.

Coursesuper
02-06-2019, 09:14 AM
Ok then. As long as you are prepared to fire every head coach we get every single year then let's do itnyour way. But until people like you realize this is a money and organizational issue not a coach issue we will never get better. NEVER. So all of you in the business world can be cute, but I would bet my ass the majority have the resources necessary to compete against folks. Too many of our fans still think us and OM are close. We aren't. They outspend and outrevenue us by an absurd amount. They just suck at making it work.

We have an organizational issue when it comes to recruiting. So go ahead and blame Moorhead. Fire him now. But when the EXACT same thing continues to happen then what do you do?

Your maroon glasses are so thick that you can’t see the forest for trees. We don’t just just have organizational issues with recruiting, they go all the way to the top of the heap. Do you even know how we got our current AD? We can’t even get out of our own way to make a the most important hire in the Athletic Department. But that doesn’t excuse this cluster 17.

Dawgology
02-06-2019, 09:17 AM
Alright I'll say it and I'm being 100% serious. Mingo is not that good guys. He wouldn't have contributed for us next year, he won't contribute for them next year. In 2 years he'll be on the defensive side of the ball. Y'all are acting like we just lost Jerious Norwood from Brandon. Mingo is passive, he disappeared in games. Most of this year he wasn't even the best WR on his high school team.

CHECK!! There is one on the list! Been waiting for this one!

Rick Danko
02-06-2019, 09:18 AM
CHECK!! There is one on the list! Been waiting for this one!

Well in his defense, on OOB this morning they said rumor out of Oxford is he will be moved to defensive backfield when he gets on campus.

basedog
02-06-2019, 09:19 AM
I think Shotgun is on the payroll for ED!

I laugh at recruiting naysayers, time will tell.

Looks like a decent class on paper.

Scared_Hitless
02-06-2019, 09:20 AM
So we are worried about OM signing an MLB player who wont play. A High School QB that will not have a position in college, and a WR that they always have anyways. Where did they get better with this signees?

HaggardDawg
02-06-2019, 09:20 AM
Well in his defense, on OOB this morning they said rumor out of Oxford is he will be moved to defensive backfield when he gets on campus.

Ha, didn't get it from OOB. I overheard 2 college coaches talking about him at a game this year.

StarkVegasSteve
02-06-2019, 09:24 AM
So can we say screw it with the QB from Brandon now and go ALL IN on Robby Ashford at Hoover? Cause I have to believe with Mingo going to OM it's only a matter of time before Rodgers get an OM offer.

confucius say
02-06-2019, 09:24 AM
Again. It's organizational. You think it's Freeze vs Mullen or Moorhead vs Luke. It's not. It's OM vs MSU and it always has been. And our fan base doesn't get that and it's why we continue to lose like this every single year in recruiting

We have not lost to om in recruiting more than twice in the last ten years. Not aimed at you, but our fan base is not very analytical. Y'all let the ratings of guys like yancy porter affect how you feel about a class.

And yes, I'd love to have had Mingo. But our class is light years ahead of OM. Football is about qb and the line of scrimmage.

99jc
02-06-2019, 09:26 AM
Ha, didn't get it from OOB. I overheard 2 college coaches talking about him at a game this year.

I heard Daniel Boone say Mingo his bestus buddy.

Cowbell
Lol at the people "in the know." Ari and IYOK are the only ones that have decent info.

And Commerce - give that guy some props as well

Jack Lambert
So we are worried about OM signing an MLB player who wont play. A High School QB that will not have a position in college, and a WR that they always have anyways. Where did they get better with this signees?

That QB might end up going Pro Baseball as well.

Scared_Hitless
So can we say screw it with the QB from Brandon now and go ALL IN on Robby Ashford at Hoover? Cause I have to believe with Mingo going to OM it's only a matter of time before Rodgers get an OM offer.

Ole Miss is switching to the power spread offense similar to what we ran under Mullen. Rogers cannot handle that type of offense he is a bad fit, they are more likely to get on the Robby Ashford sweepstakes as they need a runner.

confucius say
02-06-2019, 09:28 AM

Those rumors are strong in Brandon, not just Oxford. We will see

MarketingBully
02-06-2019, 09:31 AM
Ole Miss is switching to the power spread offense similar to what we ran under Mullen. Rogers cannot handle that type of offense he is a bad fit, they are more likely to get on the Robby Ashford sweepstakes as they need a runner.

Corral doesn’t fit Rich Rod’s system either. To say there will be growing pains next year at OM is an understatement. I predict they get 5 or less wins next year.

MetEdDawg
02-06-2019, 09:33 AM
Your maroon glasses are so thick that you can’t see the forest for trees. We don’t just just have organizational issues with recruiting, they go all the way to the top of the heap. Do you even know how we got our current AD? We can’t even get out of our own way to make a the most important hire in the Athletic Department. But that doesn’t excuse this cluster 17.

What you just wrote is the definition of organizational issue. I know it's deeper than recruiting. Not sure why the maroon glasses comment was necessary because I'm literally sitting here criticizing my university. But it does excuse this because it's not Moorhead's fault. We fail like this every year. Not sure that's exactly an excuse but it does take away some of the blame from Moorhead.

What people really don't want to hear is that the fans are a massive issue too. Got too many people canceling tickets and not donating enough money. Sucks to hear but that's how it is. I don't donate what I should. Trying harder to increase but I do what I can right now with 2 kids in daycare. But we don't give enough money and don't make enough money plain and simple. That's a fact.

yjnkdawg
02-06-2019, 09:35 AM

If we started trying to be OM2 in recruiting, we would be burned before we even were able to sign the player.

vv83
02-06-2019, 09:37 AM
We're gonna go 0/3 today. Better hope we hang onto Emerson. What a shit show

yjnkdawg
02-06-2019, 09:39 AM

At least spell his name right. It's Rogers and not Rodgers

Rick Danko
02-06-2019, 09:39 AM

Not saying that where you got it, just saying you not the only one.

MetEdDawg
02-06-2019, 09:43 AM
We have not lost to om in recruiting more than twice in the last ten years. Not aimed at you, but our fan base is not very analytical. Y'all let the ratings of guys like yancy porter affect how you feel about a class.

And yes, I'd love to have had Mingo. But our class is light years ahead of OM. Football is about qb and the line of scrimmage.

Losing is not quite what this about. It's about them getting kids that we can't on signing day that we are in it with. Brassell is one big one. CJ Johnson. Mingo today. There's plenty others. Bowie, AJ, Tee Shepherd, Kailo Moore

BrunswickDawg
02-06-2019, 09:49 AM
Losing is not quite what this about. It's about them getting kids that we can't on signing day that we are in it with. Brassell is one big one did nothing. CJ Johnson did nothing. Mingo today will be a DB. There's plenty others. Bowie now at a HBCU, AJ wasted talent, will be out of the league fast, Tee Shepherd got a house, but that's his career highlight, Kailo Moore did nothing

Your list is the prime example of why not to get worked up about this stuff

MetEdDawg
02-06-2019, 09:51 AM

That's the thing though. I'm not melting over today, but whether or not they did anything is irrelevant. Can't say the OM culture didn't HEAVILY influence their potential output.

I mean that's the whole point of this right? We have a better culture and a better program and we put out better players because we develop them. So all of those guys could have had wildly different careers at MSU.

Again I'm not melting over today. But this still proves lack of organizational understanding of how to win signing day.

GoDawgz
02-06-2019, 09:52 AM
Ahhhhh the day that grown men's lives hinge on the decisions of 17-18 year old teenagers. Carry on...... :)

yjnkdawg
02-06-2019, 09:53 AM
All of the sky is falling bunch have snuck out of the woodwork, but some are on here, 24/7. :(

vv83

This is spin if I've ever seen it. AJ would have been an essential need here (don't try to tell me we couldn't have used an NFL receiver), Mingo would be a much needed part of our offense, and CJ probably goes pro if he comes here

Dawgology

It's also perception and image. That is a HUGE part of recruiting. When Ealy announces for Ole Miss on ESPN2 today do you think that helps or hurts them? Even if he goes MLB does a 5-star RB from Mississippi announcing for them help or hurt them? Does getting a 4 star WR (even if he moves to DB) in a head-to-head against MSU help or hurt Ole Miss? The list goes on and on. I agree with MetDawg here that there is organizational dysfunction with MSU recruiting.

These big splash recruits (even if they don't help you on the field) will probably help you sign the ones that matter down the road. It's one of the main reasons we struggle as a program in recruiting. We don't see the big picture or look down the road to see what this investment will mean in the future.

BrunswickDawg
02-06-2019, 09:56 AM
That's the thing though. I'm not melting over today, but whether or not they did anything is irrelevant. Can't say the OM culture didn't HEAVILY influence their potential output.

I mean that's the whole point of this right? We have a better culture and a better program and we put out better players because we develop them. So all of those guys could have had wildly different careers at MSU.

Again I'm not melting over today. But this still proves lack of organizational understanding of how to win signing day.

I get you aren't melting -

But, their lack of understanding the opportunity and potential and how MSU can benefit them is on THEM not on MSU. I bet if you went back and charted the guys that have caused Shotgun (et al) mental breakdowns on signing day you would have a 90% miss rate. Meanwhile, we keep plugging along getting guys that fit MSU, win games, and are making $ in the NFL. I trust our culture and our product, and I'm not going to get bent out of shape because some supposed "next big thing" doesn't want MSU.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-06-2019, 09:59 AM
I get you aren't melting -

But, their lack of understanding the opportunity and potential and how MSU can benefit them is on THEM not on MSU. I bet if you went back and charted the guys that have caused Shotgun (et al) mental breakdowns on signing day you would have a 90% miss rate. Meanwhile, we keep plugging along getting guys that fit MSU, win games, and are making $ in the NFL. I trust our culture and our product, and I'm not going to get bent out of shape because some supposed "next big thing" doesn't want MSU.

Exactly, but what about not signing a full class? We don't have the depth already that others have and now that may spread even further.

Big4Dawg
02-06-2019, 10:02 AM

You know our coaches wanted them...right?

BrunswickDawg
02-06-2019, 10:02 AM
This is spin if I've ever seen it. AJ would have been an essential need here (don't try to tell me we couldn't have used an NFL receiver), Mingo would be a much needed part of our offense, and CJ probably goes pro if he comes here

Yes, we could have used better WRs. But, our history says that players who don't want to work never make it at MSU. AJ didn't want to work. I bet if he had come to MSU he wouldn't have lasted, which would have also caused a melt.

the_real_MSU_is_us
02-06-2019, 10:04 AM
I'm seeing what I can only describe as "we have a better class than OM so who cares if we don't get Mingo/Ealy/Plumlee" logic from some posters.

1) It isn't about being better than OM, it's about being as good as we can. Losing Mingo probably won't mean OM beats us on the field, but it might be the difference in us winning or losing a game vs someone else.

2) Even if OM's class is worse than ours (and it is), it's still incredibly concerning that it's this close. Luke is a joke of an HC. They were embarrassed by the NCAA and themselves with how they lied at every turn. They've gone 5-7, 6-6, and 5-7 the last 3 years, we've gone 6-7, 9-4, and 8-5, with a 2-1 advantage in head to head. They've had terrible recent classes so current recruits should know they won't be good the next few years.

Yet they beat us out for Mingo, Jackson, Ealy, and Plumlee. We should be burying them yet we can't despite us having literally ever single advantage to leverage aside from "early playing time", which we actually did have at WR this year and OM still got the only good in state WR's.

Yes, our class this year will be better overall than OMs, as the last 2 were. But that's not the only thing that matters

gravedigger
02-06-2019, 10:05 AM
I'm going to go ahead and kick this off and will edit this post as the morning goes along...

730 is gonna come early for our first bit of good news...

I'll edit this and add all the profiles and news releases as they come in.

Anyone going to post a list of the players and what time they are announcing?

BuckyIsAB****
02-06-2019, 10:06 AM

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

BrunswickDawg
02-06-2019, 10:06 AM
Exactly, but what about not signing a full class? We don't have the depth already that others have and now that may spread even further.

I agree that hurts. I bet we also pick up a handful more in the transfer portal.

msstate7
02-06-2019, 10:07 AM
I agree that hurts. I bet we also pick up a handful more in the transfer portal.

Maybe, transfers are extremely hard to land though. Mizzou already beat us for one

BuckyIsAB****
02-06-2019, 10:07 AM

Uh No. You guys are absolutely unreal. Will was at the signing this morning wearing MSU stuff.

BuckyIsAB****
02-06-2019, 10:09 AM

Yeah college coaches hated him so much he had offers from State, OM, Oregon, Notre Dame, Southern, UGA, Arkansas, Auburn and others. You are outside of your mind

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-06-2019, 10:14 AM

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but at this point, how can you? I hope/wish we do, but wouldn't bet on it.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-06-2019, 10:16 AM
Uh No. You guys are absolutely unreal. Will was at the signing this morning wearing MSU stuff.

Willie Gay threw up the landshark and wore ole miss stuff for a long time before he flipped.

No matter what Will does, this question will come up until he signs with MSU.

yjnkdawg
02-06-2019, 10:16 AM
Anyone going to post a list of the players and what time they are announcing?

That would make too much sense . Anybody on ED should know that this would turn into a melt down thread. Just what everybody outside of the sky is falling bunch wanted to see.***

Commercecomet24
02-06-2019, 10:24 AM
Pickering just signed.

BuckyIsAB****
02-06-2019, 10:25 AM
Willie Gay threw up the landshark and wore ole miss stuff for a long time before he flipped.

No matter what Will does, this question will come up until he signs with MSU.

Thats fine but to openly say we should consider saying ''screw'' the kid and stop recruiting him based on what Mingo did is ludicrous

BrunswickDawg
02-06-2019, 10:29 AM
You know our coaches wanted them...right?

I get that. I just don't let any "losses" bother me. I focus on the guys we get. They want to be here. The question to me is - are we getting talent that fits our needs? The guys we have signed this year make it a very deep, talented class. If you want to critique Moorhead for not being able to fill spots that's legit. If he was signing 15 WR and no DL or LBs (like our rival), that's legit criticism. Not signing our max is a legit concern (unless we have some transfers waiting in the wings). I just don't get hung up on the individuals who don't make it here. I've seen too many sure things wash out and too many guys with no other offers turn into legit weapons to put that much care into it.

gravedigger
02-06-2019, 10:30 AM
Pickering just signed.

And we have exactly 1 post in this thread of over 120 that states what it is designed for.

Good job Commercecomet24.

Rick Danko
02-06-2019, 10:32 AM
And we have exactly 1 post in this thread of over 120 that states what it is designed for.

It?s laughable really. This has been the most amazing meltdown I have ever seen over not getting a marginal 4 star receiver who has never in any way been committed to us.

ETA: Pickering is how you do it the right way, and guys like him are what you continue to build your program around. Super proud to have him

yjnkdawg
02-06-2019, 10:32 AM
Pickering just signed.

Good news, Commerce, and thanks.

I seen it dawg
02-06-2019, 10:35 AM

Oh shit no don't you dare bring some logic to the nuclear meltdown of gold reading here

I seen it dawg
02-06-2019, 10:40 AM
Oh so we got Cross and Pickering!?!?!?! 2 ****ing 5 stars!?!?! No way

NCDawg
02-06-2019, 10:41 AM
Always next year

Or if not next year, maybe the following year.

3rdGen
02-06-2019, 10:42 AM
Could somebody point me to the actual signing day thread where you get to see who all signed and not have to read all the bullshit about everyones feelings?
Thanks!

Homedawg
02-06-2019, 10:42 AM
Yep. And Mullen is killing it today. Got a big flip already.

Wait, what? I was told by many, it wouldn't matter that he went to fla, he would never recruit, and he will be fired in 3 years. Yet we don't sign anywhere near a full class and have 2 huge possible grade casualties. Getting beat on a recruit is one thing. Not filling the class and expecting any more attrition is stupid. There are guys we should run off if they don't want to leave. This is a cut throat business, hate it but that's how it is.

Leroy Jenkins
02-06-2019, 10:43 AM
Y'all wrapped up in recruiting rankings when in REALITY the last time OM finished ahead of MSU in the SEC standings was 2007. The Nkem, Treadwell, Tunsil once-in-a-generation class never finished ahead of us.

They are not the competition, we have left them behind long ago.

But whatever.

I seen it dawg
02-06-2019, 10:43 AM
Could somebody point me to the actual signing day thread where you get to see who all signed and not have to read all the bullshit about everyones feelings?
Thanks!

Yeah that would be nice.

I seen it dawg
02-06-2019, 10:47 AM
Everybody get it all out

Homedawg
02-06-2019, 10:47 AM

who?????? until we actually get one that can help I'm not holding my breath.

ScoobaDawg
02-06-2019, 10:49 AM
Yeah that would be nice.

That would require making a thread and locking it.. People gonna be stupid today it seems.. or actually SSDD

Homedawg
02-06-2019, 10:50 AM

To be fair , how are we supposed to talk about signees when we don't have but a couple?

Really Clark?
02-06-2019, 10:53 AM
Payton has signed

BeardoMSU
02-06-2019, 10:54 AM
Btw, Scooba/ISID, the new title for this thread is very a propos.

BeardoMSU
02-06-2019, 10:54 AM
Payton has signed

Nice.

StarkVegasSteve
02-06-2019, 10:55 AM
Payton has signed

Actually a good surprise that we hung on to him. Seemed him and Moorhead had a come to Jesus meeting in late December/early January and that flipped everything back to us. I think he can be a solid contributor for us. Not saying he's a superstar, but the more bodies we can accumulate at the WR position the better.

the_real_MSU_is_us
02-06-2019, 10:58 AM
Y'all wrapped up in recruiting rankings when in REALITY the last time OM finished ahead of MSU in the SEC standings was 2007. The Nkem, Treadwell, Tunsil once-in-a-generation class never finished ahead of us.

They are not the competition, we have left them behind long ago.

But whatever.

Again, some of us care about more than just 1 game on the schedule. Sure the class is better than OM's, as have the last several, and we should continue to own them on the field. But we play other teams too and we need all the good players we can get

Given the states of our programs, OM should not be getting Mingo or Ealy over us. They're behind us yes but they're still hurting us. WR not being able to catch cost us 2 games this year alone. Mingo matters.

Commercecomet24
02-06-2019, 11:00 AM
Actually a good surprise that we hung on to him. Seemed him and Moorhead had a come to Jesus meeting in late December/early January and that flipped everything back to us. I think he can be a solid contributor for us. Not saying he's a superstar, but the more bodies we can accumulate at the WR position the better.

Not a great route runner but the kid can absolutely fly and good size. He can stretch the field if nothing else. Good Get.

I seen it dawg
02-06-2019, 11:00 AM
This thread is so Shitbird. We signed a helluva class but almost all in early Signing. And bc we have too many retards that can't remember back that far it's melt city today bc we didn't sign some guys that were never committed or serious about signing with us. It would be amazing if it weren't so predictable.

Really Clark?
02-06-2019, 11:03 AM
Lawrence is getting papers from us to sign

Commercecomet24
02-06-2019, 11:04 AM
This thread is so Shitbird. We signed a helluva class but almost all in early Signing. And bc we have too many retards that can't remember back that far it's melt city today bc we didn't sign some guys that were never committed or serious about signing with us. It would be amazing if it weren't so predictable.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to I seen it dawg again.

msstate7
02-06-2019, 11:07 AM

We signed the least number of players in the west. We have the least 4-stars or better. This is on par for a Mullen class, yet you blasted the country club nonstop

the_real_MSU_is_us
02-06-2019, 11:09 AM
Lawrence is getting papers from us to sign

I don't know why we wouldn't sign him, given how low the numbers are. Whats signing him going to cost us? Nothing. Happy to get him just don't know why we were considering not

tcdog70
02-06-2019, 11:09 AM
I would like for Us to sign more JUCO players.. we have had great luck with the ones we have signed lately. Payton might be another good one. We have had some excellent JUCO rbs maybe we will sign a good one next year that is ready to roll. The one we signed this year could be a real sleeper.

the_real_MSU_is_us
02-06-2019, 11:14 AM
Didn't see it posted here but Young did sign with bama

I seen it dawg
02-06-2019, 11:15 AM
We signed the least number of players in the west. We have the least 4-stars or better. This is on par for a Mullen class, yet you blasted the country club nonstop

Ok

confucius say
02-06-2019, 11:15 AM
I don't know why we wouldn't sign him, given how low the numbers are. Whats signing him going to cost us? Nothing. Happy to get him just don't know why we were considering not

Bc for every number under 25, we can sign extra next year (only in December though). So, if we sign 22 this year, we can sign 28 next year and count three back to this class.

ETA: I do like signing lawerence though, FYI. 6-4, 190 and projected 220, 4.5. Prob will grow into a LB.

dawgday166
02-06-2019, 11:21 AM
Bc for every number under 25, we can sign extra next year (only in December though). So, if we sign 22 this year, we can sign 28 next year and count three back to this class.

ETA: I do like signing lawerence though, FYI. 6-4, 190 and projected 220, 4.5. Prob will grow into a LB.

I kinda agree on Lawrence. If he's on D for sure, I believe Shoop will make him into a player.

msudawglb
02-06-2019, 11:26 AM
Anyone ever thought that maybe the only reason we were ever in it with Mingo was to see if we would play the game? He may have been told to string MSU along and see what we would do. He may have been their version of Leo Lewis.

ScoobaDawg
02-06-2019, 11:27 AM
Looks like we only anticipate signing 22 now..A picture this morning showed 24 spots.. now there is only 22 up...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dyua43hWwAATvyb.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DyvEOiwXQAYZYlN.jpg

msudawglb
02-06-2019, 11:30 AM
I guess those 2 that fell off were Mingo and Moore

BuckyIsAB****
02-06-2019, 11:31 AM
Anyone ever thought that maybe the only reason we were ever in it with Mingo was to see if we would play the game? He may have been told to string MSU along and see what we would do. He may have been their version of Leo Lewis.

No. He was legit torn about it but he couldnt tell them and some others that wanted him there no. He had been committed since July but we were very very much in it till this morning

Coursesuper
02-06-2019, 11:33 AM
Looks like we only anticipate signing 22 now..A picture this morning showed 24 spots.. now there is only 22 up...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dyua43hWwAATvyb.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DyvEOiwXQAYZYlN.jpg

This is where I get lost, there were kids that could have really helped us that wanted to be at State that we passed on and now in the first full recruiting cycle for this staff we are under signing. I don’t understand why this is the route this staff is taking.

BuckyIsAB****
02-06-2019, 11:37 AM
Kareem Walker, Brandon Cunningham, Martin Emerson and Dylan Lawrence. Thats 22

MetEdDawg
02-06-2019, 11:37 AM
This is where I get lost, there were kids that could have really helped us that wanted to be at State that we passed on and now in the first full recruiting cycle for this staff we are under signing. I don’t understand why this is the route this staff is taking.

Because you can only keep a certain number of kids on your roster. So if we sign 25 every single year and have little to no attrition then we can't take in any transfers, and we still have to cut a bunch of folks.

It's a numbers game guys. You don't just sign people because. It has to make sense in the big picture.

BuckyIsAB****
02-06-2019, 11:38 AM
That tells me we are at least planning on a transfer or 2

dawgday166
02-06-2019, 11:39 AM

Which kids you talking about that we passed on?

CadaverDawg
02-06-2019, 11:41 AM
So the same guys that spent all year telling our fans "these guys recruit at a different level than we're used to", "expect a big close", "the Country Club Days of crootin are over"....are now on here after a weak finish and Mullenesque class calling posters names and telling them how stupid they are for thinking we'd do better?

https://media1.tenor.com/images/7d05f940425850f9427e3ff89274338e/tenor.gif?itemid=4558036

Maybe just being quiet or admitting you over sold this group might be a better move today. But maybe I'm wrong. I don't give a shit, I've changed to just hoping we bowl....I'll be checking the ticker next fall.

ScoobaDawg
02-06-2019, 11:41 AM
Because you can only keep a certain number of kids on your roster. So if we sign 25 every single year and have little to no attrition then we can't take in any transfers, and we still have to cut a bunch of folks.

It's a numbers game guys. You don't just sign people because. It has to make sense in the big picture.

If we were prepared to sign 24.. (per the board... ) we could take the numbers. But it comes down to missing one on 2 guys in 2 positions that we didn't have a Plan B in place for..

Coursesuper
02-06-2019, 11:48 AM
If we were prepared to sign 24.. (per the board... ) we could take the numbers. But it comes down to missing one on 2 guys in 2 positions that we didn't have a Plan B in place for..

Exactly how I would have replied. We passed on our plan B guys our didn’t do enough to keep them from signing in the early period is all I can figure.

MetEdDawg
02-06-2019, 11:49 AM

Because those numbers included Moore and Mingo. Duh man. That's simple math. You make the math work when Moore and Mingo are in a class.

You adjust and get transfers if you don't get Moore and Mingo. You don't sign guys that have no P5 offers. You take chances on transfers.

Really Clark?
02-06-2019, 11:57 AM
Because those numbers included Moore and Mingo. Duh man. That's simple math. You make the math work when Moore and Mingo are in a class.

You adjust and get transfers if you don't get Moore and Mingo. You don't sign guys that have no P5 offers. You take chances on transfers.

I think the issue a longer look at the cycle and how to adjust to complete a class. Bedford should have been signed in Dec and then see how things played out with Washington. The OL class in skill and numbers would have been perfect but now we are one short with room to spare. Lockhart was a tough decision because of his late blow up. But we had offered in Dec and could have tried to push him to sign in Dec. would he have? Don?t know but you put it out there that we would take you NOW and hopefully that makes a big enough impression that GT doesn?t get his signature today. There are a few others that I think we should have pursued harder and brought in for OV?s that we didn?t.

Ari Gold
02-06-2019, 12:00 PM
So the same guys that spent all year telling our fans "these guys recruit at a different level than we're used to", "expect a big close", "the Country Club Days of crootin are over"....are now on here after a weak finish and Mullenesque class calling posters names and telling them how stupid they are for thinking we'd do better?

https://media1.tenor.com/images/7d05f940425850f9427e3ff89274338e/tenor.gif?itemid=4558036

Maybe just being quiet or admitting you over sold this group might be a better move today. But maybe I'm wrong. I don't give a shit, I've changed to just hoping we bowl....I'll be checking the ticker next fall.

Well we lost 2 key members of this staff within the last month. It more than likely cost us Young
This staff ( on the fled guys and Moorhead) are better at recruiting than Mullen and his on the field guys were . Just ask any coach that is still here that was on both staffs.
Yes we didn’t close like we wanted And no one will argue that.
But a number of these kids weren’t coming here regardless who the head guy ways. And this is my opinion and most will disagree but if you want to win and win bigger than we have here in the past you better go. OUTSIDE the state of MS and get guys.
Also we got really lucky could years ago with the talent pool of jucos.. they haven’t been there the last couple of recruiting years ..
Maybe Moorhead isn’t the guy for the job here , maybe he is ... no one can judge that after one year

Cooterpoot
02-06-2019, 12:06 PM
We offered a WO to a kid to get Ealy and the WO flipped. We passed on Bedford for a kid that flipped. We went and got a coach that was familiar with Mingo and offered his QB and couldn't pull him.
The biggest complaint I've got is we limited our offer sheets and waited around on kids to end up with Lawrence and a prayer we'll be able to convince transfers to come to State. Hell, we're all over a damn punter transfer. Just a lot of things not being handled well, very similar to our football season. We hired a coach that just doesn't have the experience to handle it all right now.

BuckyIsAB****
02-06-2019, 12:09 PM
We offered a WO to a kid to get Ealy and the WO flipped. We passed on Bedford for a kid that flipped. We went and got a coach that was familiar with Mingo and offered his QB and couldn't pull him.
The biggest complaint I've got is we limited our offer sheets and waited around on kids to end up with Lawrence and a prayer we'll be able to convince transfers to come to State. Hell, we're all over a damn punter transfer. Just a lot of things not being handled well, very similar to our football season. We hired a coach that just doesn't have the experience to handle it all right now.

Scott Goodman can punt idk why we are looking for a grad transfer punter

dawgday166
02-06-2019, 12:10 PM

Ok. I'll buy all that. Does sorta sound like Mullen's first 3 to 4 years tho to me. He made the same kinds of mistakes. Now I will add that Mullen was damn good and having very good plan Bs and developing them too. We'll see on Lawrence. Hope Joe can do the plan B thing well cause I think we don't have a choice at MSU at times.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-06-2019, 12:12 PM

I'm concerned we're going from a developmental program to a program that wants to recruit well, but can't and will not develop players as well as we have been.

Really Clark?
02-06-2019, 12:13 PM
Scott Goodman can punt idk why we are looking for a grad transfer punter

The guy from South Alabama has a very good shot at the NFL.

Dawg2003
02-06-2019, 12:15 PM
I'm concerned we're going from a developmental program to a program that wants to recruit well, but can't and will not develop players as well as we have been.

That's the concern for me too. My suspicion is that we have a cap as to how well we can recruit, so it might make more sense to get coaches that can develop players. I guess we'll see how well all these great recruiters do. Huff didn't do much.

Cooterpoot
02-06-2019, 12:17 PM
We absolutely have to take our #2 options at times. It's just what we are. But Lawrence isn't a #2 kid. He's more a #4. We can't get to that point. The dual signing dates really ate our lunch. We handled it poorly. I think we learned from that this time. I like where our '20 class is headed too. I do believe Moorhead is a solid recruiter. He tried a lot of things that didn't work out but he tried them. Losing two coaches was a killer too. 17 Baker! But our RB coach was full of crap and a terrible recruiter. He in no way was a great recruiter or coach. We've upgraded a RB coach IMO. I'm not a huge fan of Deke but we'll see. He can recruit, it's the coaching I'm worried about.

msstate7
02-06-2019, 12:18 PM

I hated to see Murphy and whop not RS. The RS program was an excellent approach by Mullen. We can't out-talent the west, but experience can help offset that. We essentially burned a year of whop and Murphy for nothing

msstate7
02-06-2019, 12:20 PM
We absolutely have to take our #2 options at times. It's just what we are. But Lawrence isn't a #2 kid. He's more a #4. We can't get to that point. The dual signing dates really ate our lunch. We handled it poorly. I think we learned from that this time. I like where our '20 class is headed too. I do believe Moorhead is a solid recruiter. He tried a lot of things that didn't work out but he tried them. Losing two coaches was a killer too. 17 Baker! But our RB coach was full of crap and a terrible recruiter. He in no way was a great recruiter or coach. We've upgraded a RB coach IMO. I'm not a huge fan of Deke but we'll see. He can recruit, it's the coaching I'm worried about.

Let's hope deke can coach bc we're gonna be the most green at DT of anyone in the sec.

Cooterpoot
02-06-2019, 12:22 PM
We've got the most proven recruiting staff we've ever had. We'll find out how that works next couple of years. Mullen figured out it was best to take those AL backup plan guys if you can get them. Our better players are kids that were 2nd level AL/LSU recruits along with the top instate guys and a few of our plan B kids. It's when you lose those AL backup guys at the end of the cycle that kills you and missing on a lot of top instate guys is devastating. You have to get those 2nd level kids to sign early or move on.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-06-2019, 12:28 PM
We've got the most proven recruiting staff we've ever had. We'll find out how that works next couple of years.

But does it matter how good they can recruit given all the info on our recruiting limitations that is posted here? While it's normally just obvious dribble, there is most certainly a ceiling on MSU recruiting. Is this staff balanced enough to do both?

gravedigger
02-06-2019, 12:31 PM
To be fair , how are we supposed to talk about signees when we don't have but a couple?

I was just hoping for a list of who we expected to sign today and when. Most of the kids have announced times they expect to let everyone know.

Sort of like the other thread they got going. What we got was certainly entertaining for me. Then it became a bit difficult to tell who we were looking at.

Cooterpoot
02-06-2019, 12:32 PM
That's what we're going to find out. There's no reason we can't recruit between top 15-20. That's the goal. We're consistently 20-25 already.

MetEdDawg
02-06-2019, 12:50 PM
That's what we're going to find out. There's no reason we can't recruit between top 15-20. That's the goal. We're consistently 20-25 already.

Here's a game. Bama, Ohio State, Michigan, Clemson, Auburn, Florida, Texas, Oklahoma, LSU, Georgia, Texas A&M, Notre Dame.

There's 12 schools we will NEVER and should never expect to finish in front of in recruiting. So if we are going to constantly be in the top 15-20 we have to now compete against the following schools:

USC, Stanford, FSU, Miami, Penn State, Tennessee, Oregon. If we finish behind all of these schools we finish 20.

Hopefully by looking at the names and these budgets and their national prominence you see why we don't finish in the Top 15-20 hardly ever. Then while you're at it go look at the revenues these schools generate above us. It's not millions. It's tens of millions.

We absolutely should not be finishing Top 15-20 consistently because like it or not, our university isn't in the same league as the 19 schools I mentioned.

dawgday166
02-06-2019, 12:55 PM
Here's a game. Bama, Ohio State, Michigan, Clemson, Auburn, Florida, Texas, Oklahoma, LSU, Georgia, Texas A&M, Notre Dame.

There's 12 schools we will NEVER and should never expect to finish in front of in recruiting. So if we are going to constantly be in the top 15-20 we have to now compete against the following schools:

USC, Stanford, FSU, Miami, Penn State, Tennessee, Oregon. If we finish behind all of these schools we finish 20.

Hopefully by looking at the names and these budgets and their national prominence you see why we don't finish in the Top 15-20 hardly ever. Then while you're at it go look at the revenues these schools generate above us. It's not millions. It's tens of millions.

We absolutely should not be finishing Top 15-20 consistently because like it or not, our university isn't in the same league as the 19 schools I mentioned.

Not seeing why we should "expect" to finish higher than USC, FSU, Miami, and maybe PSU. The first one is a very traditional blue blood that can own one of the top states for recruiting talent. FSU & Miami are new "blue bloods" to an extent, has a state loaded in talent, and can recruit nationally.

MetEdDawg
02-06-2019, 12:57 PM
Not seeing why we should "expect" to finish higher than USC, FSU, Miami, and maybe PSU. The first one is a very traditional blue blood that can own one of the top states for recruiting talent. FSU & Miami are new "blue bloods" to an extent, has a state loaded in talent, and can recruit nationally.

I wanted to leave room for error. But hopefully it drives my point home in that those are the teams we are competing with for 15-20. But I certainly agree we should never expect to finish above FSU and now Miami. USC has been down a little but Penn State for sure. So realistically the Top 15 is out of the question.

dawgday166
02-06-2019, 12:59 PM
I wanted to leave room for error. But hopefully it drives my point home in that those are the teams we are competing with for 15-20. But I certainly agree we should never expect to finish above FSU and now Miami. USC has been down a little but Penn State for sure. So realistically the Top 15 is out of the question.

Ok. If USC ever gets it's act back together they could be giving Saban fits if they want to. I'm rooting for Miami and Diaz to maybe do that too.

BankerDog
02-06-2019, 01:05 PM
My two cents about NSD..I really like what we did with our class. It?s balanced and we added depth to the OL and DL. I hate losing out on DJ James, Young, Washington, and Mingo though. If you look at our class, I wouldn?t trade it with Ole Miss.

I think people are going to be very surprised at the kid from Pelahatchie and Duncan, they?ll be very good pick ups for us.

When I look at the guys in State, I think we win. We signed the best OL, DL, and ATH in the state in Cross, Pickering, and Jones. Had Mullen stayed I don?t think we land Cross or Cunningham.

Now my thoughts on the guys we ?missed? on:

Dean is a ball player but is undersized for the SEC.
Dannis Jackson is Tobias Singleton 2.0
Plumlee suffered two concussions this year alone, he?s a great athlete but will not be a SEC QB.
Ealy will never play college football. He also was committed to Ole Miss for well over a year.
Mingo is a guy who will be good, that we could?ve used more this year then they could. However he made his decision, best of luck.
Young again a guy I?d like to sign but he made his decision and will never see the field at Bama. They signed 9 guys at that position this year.
Moore is a head case who was suspended half of his senior year for failed drug test on top of a torn ACL his junior year.
Handy is another looks like Tarzan and plays like Jane. He and Derrick Hall will be great roommates.
Hate missing out on Turnage but again the guy had been committed to Bama since his JR year.
I?m still not sure on Jones he didn?t look as clean at practices i saw but again I?d take him because of potential.

That?s where I am. I think our WR recruiting with the 3 Jucos will be a plus along with Mason and Patrick next year. I really want us to get Criswell or Ashford as our QB in the class; they?re the real deal. We are on some more already and it?ll pay dividends. This is what happens when you go star gazing and putting eggs in one basket. Learn from it and adjust.

BankerDog
02-06-2019, 01:06 PM
Ok. If USC ever gets it's act back together they could be giving Saban fits if they want to. I'm rooting for Miami and Diaz to maybe do that too.

Miami?s best recruiter is Bam who got his coaching start at State. We should?ve offered him or Woodson the DB spot last year.

Cooterpoot
02-06-2019, 01:11 PM

None of those programs are great. Most are has beens.

Homedawg
02-06-2019, 01:12 PM
to finish last in the west isn't that bad though, we had a great class. disgusting

BrunswickDawg
02-06-2019, 01:15 PM
Maybe, transfers are extremely hard to land though. Mizzou already beat us for one

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but at this point, how can you? I hope/wish we do, but wouldn't bet on it.

Well we got 1 - Grad transfer punter from South Alabama - Corliss Waitman

So, there's that....***

SailingDawg
02-06-2019, 01:18 PM

Absolutely correct on the Athletic Budget front. We are who we are and it's been the same for decades. I've enjoyed the successes we've had recently but don't expect much more.

bluelightstar
02-06-2019, 01:18 PM
You could usually count on Mullen to at least out recruit Arkansas, but they’ve eaten our lunch now in terms of recruiting and flipping guys.

fader2103
02-06-2019, 01:21 PM
I hear Art Briles wants to coach in Mississippi ****

Cooterpoot
02-06-2019, 01:22 PM
We're 31 in the country in budget, but we recruit at 20-25. Budget doesn't determine everything. Clemson's budget is 26 and they're winning natties.

GreenheadDawg
02-06-2019, 01:23 PM
Everybody better get used to it

MetEdDawg
02-06-2019, 01:26 PM
None of those programs are great. Most are has beens.

That is an absolute joke. Absolute joke.

confucius say
02-06-2019, 01:29 PM
to finish last in the west isn't that bad though, we had a great class. disgusting

You'd rather have OM class than ours? Ark class than ours? There is not a player in OM class id take over cross, schrader, or Pickering.

msstate7
02-06-2019, 01:31 PM
Well we got 1 - Grad transfer punter from South Alabama - Corliss Waitman

So, there's that....***

That's actually a good get

msstate7
02-06-2019, 01:36 PM
You'd rather have OM class than ours? Ark class than ours? There is not a player in OM class id take over cross, schrader, or Pickering.

Why wouldn't we trade classes with ark? They're rated higher and essentially a wash on ratings per player. Here's their 4-star breakdown: wr 4, cb 2, dline 2, s 1, QB 1, and te 1

Pretty well rounded class

Cooterpoot
02-06-2019, 01:39 PM
That is an absolute joke. Absolute joke.

USC, Penn St, Miami, TN are all has beens. FSU is just in a funk. Believing your success is solely tied to a budget, is the real joke.

MetEdDawg
02-06-2019, 01:41 PM
USC, Penn St, Miami, TN are all has beens. FSU is just in a funk. Believing your success is solely tied to a budget, is the real joke.

Go find the budget and revenue numbers for college football, then go look at the Top 20 recruiting rankings. Prove me wrong. Hint, you won't. I've already looked. Only team not there is Clemson. The Top 25 in revenue make up 22 teams in the Top 25 of recruiting rankings.

I'm seeing us, Washington, and Clemson as the only 3 in the Top 25 recruiting rankings right now not in the Top 25 in revenue.

Really Clark?
02-06-2019, 01:42 PM
Why wouldn't we trade classes with ark? They're rated higher and essentially a wash on ratings per player. Here's their 4-star breakdown: wr 4, cb 2, dline 2, s 1, QB 1, and te 1

QB doesn’t fit at all. And I don’t give up our 5 star OL either. Got to look beyond rankings when talking about trading classes. Honestly a high 3 star and low 4 star is the same player. It’s just a bias who people like more but usually there’s not a real difference.

confucius say
02-06-2019, 01:44 PM

Bc games are won in the trenches and we have, supposedly, the top off tackle in the country (they don't even have a 4 star ol according to you) and a superior dL class. And schrader.

RougeDawg
02-06-2019, 01:46 PM
SloMo better coach like his hair is on fire. He?s headed down the Mullen recruiting trail. Whiffed on a class that was basically dropped in his lap while the red headed step child OM is getting the standing 8 from ncaa sanctions.

If we cannot steam roll OM under the certain circumstances, we never will but if thebtables were turned they would bury us for 15-20 years. We would help them cover our graves. Until we gain a spine as a university and fan base, get used to this. Too many pansy ass p*ssies here, in the Bryan Building and wearing maroon. I don?t know how to change it because you cannot make people hate losing. Apathy is learned and we have a huge problem. With it. Not me. I hate losing anything more than I enjoy winning anything. Our entire fan base and university lacks people with the same mentality. Oh well. Keep on being passive fellas. Look up the definition of insanity while you are at it as well.

msstate7
02-06-2019, 01:49 PM
QB doesn’t fit at all. And I don’t give up our 5 star OL either. Got to look beyond rankings when talking about trading classes. Honestly a high 3 star and low 4 star is the same player. It’s just a bias who people like more but usually there’s not a real difference.
Well 247 and composite disagree with you. Maybe you're the biased one, no?

Big4Dawg
02-06-2019, 01:49 PM
Bc games are won in the trenches and we have, supposedly, the top off tackle in the country (they don't even have a 4 star ol according to you) and a superior dL class. And schrader.

And we went 8-4 with 2 first round picks at DL and 1 2nd round pick at OL (and a very good OL in general)

damn

Bothrops
02-06-2019, 02:07 PM

I may not trade with Arkansas. I mean Duncan lost points for committing to us today. How many of our commits have been properly evaluated??

Really Clark?
02-06-2019, 02:11 PM
Well 247 and composite disagree with you. Maybe you're the biased one, no?

No. I look at the player and how they fit. But in general, there is not really any difference between a high 3 star and low 4 star. Individually there are tons of incorrectly rated players for various reasons, but in general if we played 5 videos from players rated in that area but no one knew the rating from a site, you couldn’t tell much difference if any at all.

Specifically the Ark QB is a bad fit for us now and Cross is too valuable to just give up on a whim for one spot higher in the rankings. That’s a terrible idea

msstate7
02-06-2019, 02:13 PM
No. I look at the player and how they fit. But in general, there is not really any difference between a high 3 star and low 4 star. Individually there are tons of incorrectly rated players for various reasons, but in general if we played 5 videos from players rated in that area but no one knew the rating from a site, you couldn’t tell much difference if any at all

You seem to be operating on the assumption our guys are underrated, but theirs are not. What if theirs are too?

confucius say
02-06-2019, 02:21 PM
I may not trade with Arkansas. I mean Duncan lost points for committing to us today. How many of our commits have been properly evaluated??

Recruiting rankings are a for profit business. History tells us Our commits have been horribly underrated the last 12 years (since rankings really blew up). I could list dozens. We have numerous first rounders/pro bowl guys who were low to mid 3 stars (slay, dak, bmac, sweat, Gabe, etc...).

Really Clark?
02-06-2019, 02:23 PM
You seem to be operating on the assumption our guys are underrated, but theirs are not. What if theirs are too?

No. I’m operating with the knowledge that in general, across all players, a high 3 star and low 4 star are basically the same. Individually there may be a reason to take one over another but in a general sense, they are really the same. Now a mid 4 star and above is a difference obviously but not in the area we are discussing. So again, it would be foolish to automatically say you would trade classes strictly because someone is ranked one spot higher. You still have to look at what you are gaining vs giving up. And you don’t trade a 5 star OL or Pickering and Shrader either for that matter, just to get one spot higher in the rankings. The QB would be a complete waste for us as well

msstate7
02-06-2019, 02:36 PM
No. I’m operating with the knowledge that in general, across all players, a high 3 star and low 4 star are basically the same. Individually there may be a reason to take one over another but in a general sense, they are really the same. Now a mid 4 star and above is a difference obviously but not in the area we are discussing. So again, it would be foolish to automatically say you would trade classes strictly because someone is ranked one spot higher. You still have to look at what you are gaining vs giving up. And you don’t trade a 5 star OL or Pickering and Shrader either for that matter, just to get one spot higher in the rankings. The QB would be a complete waste for us as well

How about those 4 4-star WRs and hunter Henry's 4-star te brother? Would they be a waste too?

Bothrops
02-06-2019, 02:46 PM
Recruiting rankings are a for profit business. History tells us Our commits have been horribly underrated the last 12 years (since rankings really blew up). I could list dozens. We have numerous first rounders/pro bowl guys who were low to mid 3 stars (slay, dak, bmac, sweat, Gabe, etc...).

Exactly.

Really Clark?
02-06-2019, 02:51 PM
How about those 4 4-star WRs and hunter Henry's 4-star te brother? Would they be a waste too?

Yes. You want to trade our whole class for Ark class. They have one player, a WR, that matches a mid 4 star player. So you want to give up a 5 star OL and a mid to upper 4 star DL, plus take on a QB that doesn’t fit, at all. And we don’t need a TE, 4 star or not. There is not 4 players they signed worth giving up Cross. But you would? I wouldn’t trade their OL or DL vs ours. And you would consider this for moving up just 1 spot in the rankings. 1 spot. Come on man

msstate7
02-06-2019, 02:56 PM
Yes. You want to trade our whole class for Ark class. They have one player, a WR, that matches a mid 4 star player. So you want to give up a 5 star OL and a mid to upper 4 star DL, plus take on a QB that doesn?t fit, at all. And we don?t need a TE, 4 star or not. There is not 4 players they signed worth giving up Cross. But you would? I wouldn?t trade their OL or DL vs ours. And you would consider this for moving up just 1 spot in the rankings. 1 spot. Come on man

I'm just going strictly with the ratings bc I haven't seen 99% of these players play. You hop around on the ratings... our guys are underrated, but cross and Pickering are rated right. I'm just operating on the assumption all the ratings are right bc I have no way of disproving them

ETA: avg per recruit... ark 88.54, state 88.64. Hardly any difference

Really Clark?
02-06-2019, 03:07 PM
I'm just going strictly with the ratings bc I haven't seen 99% of these players play. You hop around on the ratings... our guys are underrated, but cross and Pickering are rated right. I'm just operating on the assumption all the ratings are right bc I have no way of disproving them

I’m not hopping. I said there is a difference when you get to mid 4 star and better. But high 3 star and low 4 star is the same player. Just like a mid 3 star is not quit the same as a high 3 star in general. Look at how many they have that are not even rated 90 but are 4 stars, 6. We have 7 who are just ..01-02 behind those players. It’s nil in difference between a high 3 star and low 4 star. And you want to switch the entire class to move up one spot when we have 2 players rated higher than any of theirs and a bad fit at QB. Their OL and DL class doesn’t even come close to ours.

msstate7
02-06-2019, 03:09 PM
I’m not hopping. I said there is a difference when you get to mid 4 star and better. But high 3 star and low 4 star is the same player. Just like a mid 3 star is not quit the same as a high 3 star in general. Look at how many they have that are not even rated 90 but are 4 stars, 6. We have 7 who are just ..01-02 behind those players. It’s nil in difference between a high 3 star and low 4 star. And you want to switch the entire class to move up one spot when we have 2 players rated higher than any of theirs and a bad fit at QB. Their OL and DL class doesn’t even come close to ours.

And our skill players don't match theirs

Really Clark?
02-06-2019, 03:25 PM
And our skill players don't match theirs

We are slightly higher in avg with less players but still just one spot lower. Trade if you want but it’s foolish just going by where they stand in the rankings, 1 spot higher, with less high end players, much lower line players and bad fit a QB. You are just being contrary without actually looking at who they signed.

WPS
02-06-2019, 05:01 PM
You could usually count on Mullen to at least out recruit Arkansas, but they?ve eaten our lunch now in terms of recruiting and flipping guys.

MSU and Arkansas are 4-4 against each other in who finished higher from 2010-2017 on 247, pretty even. Normally us and Ole Miss (when they aren't cheating their ass off) all finish around the same in the late teens to mid-20's.

BuckyIsAB****
02-06-2019, 06:29 PM

We are 6-1 vs Arkansas in the past 7 years. I think some of yall get way too caught up in this ranking shit and have short memories or really just dont watch any of the kids or their teams in HS

Commercecomet24
02-06-2019, 06:31 PM
We are 6-1 vs Arkansas in the past 7 years. I think some of yall get way too caught up in this ranking shit and have short memories or really just dont watch any of the kids or their teams in HS

I think you nailed it there. A lot of folks don't know the kids or have watched them at all.

BuckyIsAB****
02-06-2019, 06:45 PM
I think you nailed it there. A lot of folks don't know the kids or have watched them at all.

I would be willing to bet at least half just look at how many stars and make their assumptions. Which is exactly what the services want. Its really flawed IMO they dont spend enough time either, hell they cant they are on radio shows or TV for hours a day and listen to people tell them how smart they are. The crystal balls really crack me up too

Commercecomet24
02-06-2019, 06:53 PM
I would be willing to bet at least half just look at how many stars and make their assumptions. Which is exactly what the services want. Its really flawed IMO they dont spend enough time either, hell they cant they are on radio shows or TV for hours a day and listen to people tell them how smart they are. The crystal balls really crack me up too

Yep exactly!

maroonmania
02-06-2019, 09:02 PM

People need to just go ahead and put their fear of the NCAA about RECRUITING VIOLATIONS in a closet somewhere. Seriously, how many schools in the last 10 years have really gotten investigated or gotten in any real trouble over 'recruiting violations' recently? OM is about the only one I can think of in P5 and that's only because they went bat sh!t crazy with it. Still didn't get any penalties much. Now if you have academic fraud, pay tutors like Missouri did, have current players making money by selling autographs and such crap then yes, they will be all over you. But the NCAA in this day and age has accepted their toothless position on recruiting and have just accepted that its pretty much SOP at this point as long as you don't get out of whack with the prevailing benefits of schools around you. Again, that's what got the NCAA all over OM when the blue bloods starting complaining that OM was doing things way beyond the pale well outside their own backyard. If we dont want to get into that business over principle then so be it, but those using the excuse that if we do anything we will be hammered by the NCAA its just incorrect. Now we did get into a little bit of trouble around 10 years ago with Redmond but that's because we self reported the situation and pretty much forced the NCAA to deal with it. Good ol' Bracky. Yes, if you give the NCAA the hammer and beg them to hit you with it they will.

Really Clark?
02-06-2019, 09:14 PM
People need to just go ahead and put their fear of the NCAA about RECRUITING VIOLATIONS in a closet somewhere. Seriously, how many schools in the last 10 years have really gotten investigated or gotten in any real trouble over 'recruiting violations' recently? OM is about the only one I can think of in P5 and that's only because they went bat sh!t crazy with it. Still didn't get any penalties much. Now if you have academic fraud, pay tutors like Missouri did, have current players making money by selling autographs and such crap then yes, they will be all over you. But the NCAA in this day and age has accepted their toothless position on recruiting and have just accepted that its pretty much SOP at this point as long as you don't get out of whack with the prevailing benefits of schools around you. Again, that's what got the NCAA all over OM when the blue bloods starting complaining that OM was doing things way beyond the pale well outside their own backyard. If we dont want to get into that business over principle then so be it, but those using the excuse that if we do anything we will be hammered by the NCAA its just incorrect. Now we did get into a little bit of trouble around 10 years ago with Redmond but that's because we self reported the situation and pretty much forced the NCAA to deal with it. Good ol' Bracky. Yes, if you give the NCAA the hammer and beg them to hit you with it they will.

We were turned in on Redmond, we didn’t self report that. Then Mirando lied during the investigation. We self imposed too severe of penalties but we didn’t turn ourself in initially.

maroonmania
02-06-2019, 09:48 PM
We were turned in on Redmond, we didn’t self report that. Then Mirando lied during the investigation. We self imposed too severe of penalties but we didn’t turn ourself in initially.

Was not my understanding but either way, you don't need to have your assistant coaches directly involved. That part was pretty stupid. But Redmond actually got hurt in the deal way worse than MSU did.

mstatefan91
02-07-2019, 09:23 AM
How are we all feeling a day after? :)

shannondawg
02-07-2019, 09:27 AM
My only question is if recruits don't like JoMo and the way he coaches, why would they like Luke? Hmmmm?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-07-2019, 09:42 AM

Too many amateurs involved in that situation.

Tbonewannabe
02-07-2019, 09:50 AM

Charles Cross was a 4 star until he went and dominated at the All American game. If he doesn't go to that game then he doesn't get bumped up and it changes our rankings. Same player but now is considered one of the top LT out of high school. Some of these rankings are subjective and after the top 5 then it is kind of a crap shoot.

We got our QB, loaded up on both sides of the line, and got a few difference makers on offense. It seems like a great class for us. Other than not getting Moore and Young on the Dline, Mingo at WR, and Ealy (who probably goes MLB anyway), we didn't have that many true misses. Going head to head with Bama and Auburn typically is a lost cause in recruiting. Bama is the top program and Saban is a great recruiter and Auburn spends money like UM.

At least we don't get shafted in every sport. Baseball, we can get almost anyone we want in Alabama similar to how Bama takes MS players in football. WBB, Vic now has enough pull that he is getting players out of Michigan that everyone wants. We are getting pretty much anyone we want in MS and AL. Oddly enough, those are the sports that recruits don't get bought so when we are on a level playing field, MSU does pretty well. I will say we have Bama football level advantages in baseball.

Tbonewannabe
02-07-2019, 09:52 AM
Too many amateurs involved in that situation.

It probably didn't help that the dealership that Redmond bought from had UM fans. Just like every other time, MSU is too nice to fight back against UM. We want to take the high road and it bites us in the ass every time.

Tbonewannabe
02-07-2019, 09:55 AM

UM went out and bought the top players in the country at LT, WR, and DT and still didn't get penalties from that. The LT even admitted on national TV to getting paid regularly by the coaching staff. I don't know how the NCAA investigates but they are morons. It wouldn't take too much to trace back how someone like CJ Johnson gets a new truck the day after signing with UM and puts it on twitter.