PDA

View Full Version : "Praise God for these Rebels"

FlabLoser
10-19-2013, 10:23 PM
...was a FB status that I saw.

Look, I'm Christian. This fusion of religion and Ole Miss football is making me sick. Its inappropriate.

Will James
10-19-2013, 10:30 PM
Nothin wrong with that status IMO.

Now fearing for a recruits soul at State........ Different

Behrdawg
10-19-2013, 10:32 PM
"to God be the glory, he has been really good to us and our team" is what Hugh said post game interview.

SO......God wins football games? Gotcha

Boya
10-19-2013, 10:34 PM
"to God be the glory, he has been really good to us and our team" is what Hugh said post game interview.

SO......God wins football games? Gotcha

#webelieve

Quaoarsking
10-19-2013, 10:36 PM
Clearly Ole Miss fans are morally superior to the rest of us, so God rewards them with football wins. Except when Alabama cheats to beat them.

State82
10-19-2013, 10:37 PM
The fusion of religion and ANY sport or sporting event is sickening. Does any reasonable God fearing individual actually think the Good Lord takes sides in sporting events?? That is almost blasphemous in itself. One should hope and pray that He looks after ALL the competitors to keep them free from injury and harm, but to relate or "praise" Him for any one particular group because they scored more points than the other group is beyond me. Hey UM brethren, contemplate on this for a while and think a little harder about it why don't you. Anyway, I'm with you on this Flab.

Oxfordawg
10-19-2013, 10:38 PM
I also am on the belief that God doesn't have time to worry about who's winning the ball game

smootness
10-19-2013, 10:40 PM
Nothin wrong with that status IMO.

Now fearing for a recruits soul at State........ Different

I agree. I have no issue with things like, 'God bless the Rebels' in general. It's the same as 'God Bless America!'

But there are things that make my skin crawl at times; not just from Freeze, from a lot of coaches. Mullen himself, in my opinion, has used Bible verses in the past on Twitter to take shots, and to me it's the same thing.

Christians are called to be public about their faith, but they are not called to 'use' it or to diminish it by being petty.

For once, I would like to see an athlete who loses a game say, 'God has blessed us' or point to the sky when something unenjoyable happens...or hear a winning coach talk about the blessings God has provided for the losing team as well and express that the sport they play is simply a game.

Will James
10-19-2013, 10:42 PM
I also am on the belief that God doesn't have time to worry about who's winning the ball game

Never understood this notion when used for a whole lot of things. If you believe, then you should realize He is all powerful and everywhere. He literally has all the time to care about/worry about everything.

Not starting a theological debate but its not a Superman having to choose to fight a villain or save a cat in a tree.