PDA

View Full Version : They're back at it

BuckyIsAB****
02-04-2019, 08:08 PM
Its the wild west boys go all in or fold its a decision MSU is going to have to make

msstate7
02-04-2019, 08:09 PM
Who we lose?

MarketingBully
02-04-2019, 08:25 PM
Who we lose?

We didn’t lose anyone but I’m sure he’s talking about the Ealy recruitment.

dawgday166
02-04-2019, 08:26 PM
We know for sure if Young flips from Bama to OM.

msstate7
02-04-2019, 08:29 PM
We didn’t lose anyone but I’m sure he’s talking about the Ealy recruitment.

Ealy or mingo? Bucky been all about mingo

Bubb Rubb
02-04-2019, 08:32 PM

They?ve never been in it for Young, despite what Yancy says. They probably get Ealy and Mingo but nobody should be surprised at that. Ealy will never play a down of football for them unless something crazy happens. Mingo will have a long, illustrious career as a blocking WR in richrod?s offense.

Don?t overreact to it. They are going to be historically bad next year and we are lapping them in OL and defensive recruiting.

dawgday166
02-04-2019, 08:34 PM
They?ve never been in it for Young, despite what Yancy says. They probably get Ealy and Mingo but nobody should be surprised at that. Ealy will never play a down of football for them unless something crazy happens. Mingo will have a long, illustrious career as a blocking WR in richrod?s offense.

Don?t overreact to it. They are going to be historically bad next year and we are lapping them in OL and defensive recruiting.

Wasn't overreacting ... just saying. We'll see how it all falls out in a couple of days. They's been lots of times I felt sure on some prospects going into signing day and it didn't pan out that way.

ETA: Everyone likes to make definitive comments on recruiting and that just isn't how is works out a lot of times.

msstate7
02-04-2019, 08:34 PM

It would make it easier if we got young and/or moore. Unfortunately, I think they're both headed to the state east of us

Homedawg
02-04-2019, 08:35 PM
Its the wild west boys go all in or fold its a decision MSU is going to have to make

It's never stopped.

ShotgunDawg
02-04-2019, 08:36 PM

I don't care about them. I care about us and, if they are taking players that can help us, then it hurts us regardless of how those players do at OM.

Homedawg
02-04-2019, 08:37 PM

They are going to be bad. However, we, once again, had the chance to put our foot on their throat recruiting and are going to have a class that is on par w them. Just the truth.

Bubb Rubb
02-04-2019, 08:42 PM
They are going to be bad. However, we, once again, had the chance to put our foot on their throat recruiting and are going to have a class that is on par w them. Just the truth.

But their class isn?t on par with ours at all. It isn?t even close. They are close ranking wise because of volume. We are much higher at average ranking and their biggest recruit likely will never play a down.

They aren?t getting anyone like Pickering or Cross. Our offensive and defensive line class is blowing theirs away and that?s where you win football games.

HancockCountyDog
02-04-2019, 08:46 PM
It's never stopped.

They certainly haven’t been getting any bang for their buck so far this year.

BuckyIsAB****
02-04-2019, 08:48 PM
It would make it easier if we got young and/or moore. Unfortunately, I think they're both headed to the state east of us

Mingo is bigger than all of them IMO. We need him more and its a statement if we sign him.

msstate7
02-04-2019, 08:58 PM
Mingo is bigger than all of them IMO. We need him more and its a statement if we sign him.

I know you a big mingo guy; but if I can choose 1, it would be young. Sure mingo is a position of need, but young would give the real potential of a top sec dline. We have some off weapons in next year's class. I'd love to get mingo and young though

BuckyIsAB****
02-04-2019, 09:03 PM
I know you a big mingo guy; but if I can choose 1, it would be young. Sure mingo is a position of need, but young would give the real potential of a top sec dline. We have some off weapons in next year's class. I'd love to get mingo and young though

We will have a solid DL class with or without Young. I like Young a lot but Im just telling you if we can get 1 it needs to be Mingo. If we dont get him we should move JDub to WR bc we will never line up and run it down peoples throat week in and week out in this league. As bad as I want too it just aint gonna happen. At a certain point you have to be balanced. We aint been

Homedawg
02-04-2019, 09:17 PM
But their class isn?t on par with ours at all. It isn?t even close. They are close ranking wise because of volume. We are much higher at average ranking and their biggest recruit likely will never play a down.

They aren?t getting anyone like Pickering or Cross. Our offensive and defensive line class is blowing theirs away and that?s where you win football games.

Correct, as of today. But if they land Ealy, Mingo, Cox and 2 more of their targets the avg is going to shoot up.

Homedawg
02-04-2019, 09:20 PM
They certainly haven’t been getting any bang for their buck so far this year.

Oh it's not as rampant out of state. Slowed for sure. But they never quit in state. Cooled maybe but not stopped. And never will. Considering the sanctions and how shitty they were, that's a going to be a solid class for them. Better than we usually do.

Bubb Rubb
02-04-2019, 09:22 PM
Correct, as of today. But if they land Ealy, Mingo, Cox and 2 more of their targets the avg is going to shoot up.

It's got to be quality for it to matter. They will get Ealy (who will never play for them) and they will get Mingo (who will be misused in that offense), and they will get Plumlee (who will never play QB for them - or if he does they will be in trouble). Yes, their ranking will be closer to ours....but it is style over substance. In reality, their class will not measure up to ours because we are outrecruiting them by a longshot where it matters, and they are adding very little that slows down the already widening gap there. It's not even close - it's a rout.

Liverpooldawg
02-04-2019, 09:23 PM
It's never stopped.

This.

HancockCountyDog
02-04-2019, 09:26 PM
Oh it's not as rampant out of state. Slowed for sure. But they never quit in state. Cooled maybe but not stopped. And never will. Considering the sanctions and how shitty they were, that's a going to be a solid class for them. Better than we usually do.

I just don’t see it.

Ealy is not going to college, he is saying all the right things to guarantee a big MLB payday.

I like Dannis Jackson, other than him and Mingo, who I still think we get, I wouldn’t want anyone from their class, maybe an OL.

If they are paying recruits for landing maybe 1 of the top 10 in state, they need a refund.

ejdallas322
02-04-2019, 09:41 PM
Ealy is going to college at least that’s what some insiders have been saying. He’s pulling a Kyler Murray.

Bubb Rubb
02-04-2019, 09:43 PM
Ealy is going to college at least that’s what some insiders have been saying. He’s pulling a Kyler Murray.

Of course that's what they're saying. He's trying to get some leverage ahead of the baseball draft. If he is drafted as high as 11 or 12 (which is a conservative projection), he will never play a down of college football.

Bdawg
02-04-2019, 09:44 PM

What exactly are you saying? We knew it was going to be the Wild West this year, but are you saying you heard something recently and what's it's going to take to get someone?

msstate7
02-04-2019, 09:59 PM
Of course that's what they're saying. He's trying to get some leverage ahead of the baseball draft. If he is drafted as high as 11 or 12 (which is a conservative projection), he will never play a down of college football.

That?s a conservative projection? I haven?t saw a mock with him that high yet

Bubb Rubb
02-04-2019, 10:05 PM

I've heard that the Blue Jays have told him that if he's still there at 11, they're taking him there. Whether that happens or not is another story, but it's out there.

Homedawg
02-04-2019, 10:08 PM

Ealy isn't going in the top 10. That's absurd.

msstate7
02-04-2019, 10:08 PM
I've heard that the Blue Jays have told him that if he's still there at 11, they're taking him there. Whether that happens or not is another story, but it's out there.

He has been 1st round in almost every mock. He should definitely sign

ShotgunDawg
02-04-2019, 10:20 PM

He's been at 9 in a few mock drafts.

ShotgunDawg
02-04-2019, 10:21 PM
Ealy isn't going in the top 10. That's absurd.

I think between 9 and 20 is very legitimate.

whosyourdawgy
02-04-2019, 10:29 PM
I just will never understand why these parents and kids don?t take the money and perks, document it, then go where ever in the Hell they really want to go. For example, say Ole Miss sent a bagman to see Ealy at the Rez and he took it for his signing on Wednesday. Keep the $, who gave it to him, sit on it and on signing day GO WHERE YOU WANT TO GO!! What is the bagman or the money man behind the bagman or Ole Miss gonna do about it? They can?t say a damn word or they?d be outted too! The player holds all the cards. He can take a thousands from every school as long as he keeps everything down and not a single school could say a word. GO WHERE YOU WANT!

Bdawg
02-04-2019, 10:40 PM
I just will never understand why these parents and kids don?t take the money and perks, document it, then go where ever in the Hell they really want to go. For example, say Ole Miss sent a bagman to see Ealy at the Rez and he took it for his signing on Wednesday. Keep the $, who gave it to him, sit on it and on signing day GO WHERE YOU WANT TO GO!! What is the bagman or the money man behind the bagman or Ole Miss gonna do about it? They can?t say a damn word or they?d be outted too! The player holds all the cards. He can take a thousands from every school as long as he keeps everything down and not a single school could say a word. GO WHERE YOU WANT!

Leo can show them how to do it!!!!

maroonmania
02-04-2019, 10:42 PM
What exactly are you saying? We knew it was going to be the Wild West this year, but are you saying you heard something recently and what's it's going to take to get someone?

Unfortunately we are in a State where we have to deal with Ole Miss football recruiting every year so its always the Wild West. We get the pleasure of putting up with a rival school who would rather win over a recruit than win an actual football game.

preachermatt83
02-05-2019, 12:17 AM
We will get Mingo and Moore. OM will get Ealy. Young is going to Bama.

Pit Bull
02-05-2019, 12:50 AM
Everything being equal for Ealey, I would opt for baseball. Much less chance of getting seriously hurt thus prolonging a nice career resulting in a lot more money. Most NFL running backs have an average life span of about 7-8 years. Baseball would yield him about 12-15 years providing he can continue making the team every year.

Cooterpoot
02-05-2019, 12:51 AM

How much you want to bet? An the only person saying he’s pkaying a year is Rosie, and now he’s backed off of that. How many of you really believe he’s going to college to split carries with Phillips for a year? That doesn’t help his draft position at all. He’s going to take their money, then the pro money. He’s not crazy.

NCDawg
02-05-2019, 01:44 AM
We will get Mingo and Moore. OM will get Ealy. Young is going to Bama.

You could be right about Ealy. I see where he's going to announce his decision on signing day at 11:00AM on ESPN2. We don't usually get our hat chosen when that ceremony takes place.

DancingRabbit
02-05-2019, 01:46 AM
Is this kinda like us with Cord Sandberg, except we didn't have to flip him on signing day?

Leeshouldveflanked
02-05-2019, 06:32 AM

He is a RB and not a QB and this ain’t MAIS anymore.... if he plays in the SEC, he is going to get the sh*t knocked out of him on a regular basis....especially if he goes to Ole Miss.

GreenheadDawg
02-05-2019, 08:17 AM
Just don’t understand why Ealy would want to play RB at OM.

Coursesuper
02-05-2019, 08:37 AM
They have always done their “best recruiting” during the dead period.

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2019, 08:47 AM

It's our fault at this point. Can't complain about the same thing for 50+ years. Take action or shut up

THE Bruce Dickinson
02-05-2019, 09:09 AM
Everything being equal for Ealey, I would opt for baseball. Much less chance of getting seriously hurt thus prolonging a nice career resulting in a lot more money. Most NFL running backs have an average life span of about 7-8 years. Baseball would yield him about 12-15 years providing he can continue making the team every year.

7-8 years as an NFL running back is a long career. I would say average is more like 2-4 years. NFL running backs take a beating. I would opt for baseball If I were Ealey. If he is good enough to make the MLB there is a lot more opportunity long term for him.

Liverpooldawg
02-05-2019, 09:10 AM
It's our fault at this point. Can't complain about the same thing for 50+ years. Take action or shut up

It's their fault. Quit blaming the victim.

Jack Lambert
02-05-2019, 09:11 AM
You really think Ole Miss paid for the Oak Grove QB?

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2019, 09:41 AM
You really think Ole Miss paid for the Oak Grove QB?

I don't. I think Plumlee actually made a the best decision for his QB future.

Ealy on the other hand....

Saltydog
02-05-2019, 10:59 AM
tons of athletes but few guys that could play QB in the SEC. His approach was to get the biggest OL he could and literally run it down people's throats and control the clock because we weren't going to "out talent" a whole lot of people in the SEC.

StateDawg44
02-05-2019, 03:57 PM

Could you please walk me through the process of "taking action"? Step-by-step, in this particular case please so I know what I can do.

yjnkdawg
02-05-2019, 06:24 PM

That ain't happening, but if it did , Saban would be contacting the NCAA pronto.

yjnkdawg
02-05-2019, 06:30 PM

They don't have any competition with other schools during that period, and the dead period, is really just like another day at the office for OM.

yjnkdawg
02-05-2019, 06:32 PM
Could you please walk me through the process of "taking action"? Step-by-step, in this particular case please so I know what I can do.

Yeah, I'm waiting for that enlightening info as well. We need to take action, Now there's a plan ***

yjnkdawg
02-05-2019, 06:36 PM

OM is just going to back to what they were doing prior to Coach O expanding The Network's recruiting area. Same as they did going back to the Vaught era.

NCDawg
02-05-2019, 06:54 PM
That ain't happening, but if it did , Saban would be contacting the NCAA pronto.

And the NCAA would say, "Bad Ole Miss. Don't do that any more or we may take away one of your in home visits."

yjnkdawg
02-05-2019, 11:27 PM
And the NCAA would say, "Bad Ole Miss. Don't do that any more or we may take away one of your in home visits."

I doubt the second time around, as a repeat violator. OM would be looked upon in the same light. I think there was some politics involved back then, because it appeared the NCAA investigators had all their ducks in a row, and then something happened.

Todd4State
02-06-2019, 01:30 AM
They don't have any competition with other schools during that period, and the dead period, is really just like another day at the office for OM.

The real problem is we do little to counter it. Which is our fault.

And I don't understand why we allow it to happen in football when we don't in other sports.

We take the high road way too much and it bites us in the ass over and over and over.

Tbonewannabe
02-06-2019, 08:46 AM

If that happens just look for the Brinks truck in his driveway.