PDA

View Full Version : Brad cunbest

Homedawg
02-03-2019, 08:14 PM
So now that he showed out on the hill today- I can throw in that word is he will be our 4th outfielder based on early reports. So there is one of the 8 non scholarship spots. If he's a legit guy in the mound even better since we just have 33 guys to start the season.

Lord McBuckethead
02-03-2019, 08:21 PM
Awesome.

The Federalist Engineer
02-03-2019, 08:27 PM
How good at the plate is he to be your #4 outfielder?

This is great to hear, by the way

msstate7
02-03-2019, 08:29 PM
Is 4th outfielder good enough to DH some this year?

Homedawg
02-03-2019, 08:34 PM

Don't know w L Jordan or not. But they love his upside.

HoopsDawg
02-03-2019, 08:35 PM

We have a lot of options at DH this year: Jordan, Ginn, Hatcher, Cumbest, Gilbert, Hayden Jones (when he's not catching)

msbulldog
02-03-2019, 08:58 PM
Cumbest

Todd4State
02-03-2019, 09:07 PM
So now that he showed out on the hill today- I can throw in that word is he will be our 4th outfielder based on early reports. So there is one of the 8 non scholarship spots. If he's a legit guy in the mound even better since we just have 33 guys to start the season.

He showed out in the field too. Making some diving catches in CF. And since he can pitch that's basically like having two position guys for one spot which is huge. With Basiel Williams stepping up some our OF depth is looking better than anticipated.

Todd4State
02-03-2019, 09:09 PM

Some. But we have a lot of options and I don't think there is one guy we can pencil at there yet. If some guys like Halter struggle early it will open up some spots and others will have opportunities to win jobs.

Homedawg
02-03-2019, 09:14 PM
He showed out in the field too. Making some diving catches in CF. And since he can pitch that's basically like having two position guys for one spot which is huge. With Basiel Williams stepping up some our OF depth is looking better than anticipated.

I agree w this for sure. And the future looks better too

Homedawg
02-03-2019, 09:15 PM
We have a lot of options at DH this year: Jordan, Ginn, Hatcher, Cumbest, Gilbert, Hayden Jones (when he's not catching)

JT gonna have to step up to get many ab's.

trob115
02-03-2019, 11:09 PM
Too bad he cant play 2B. We still dont have a surefire 2B yet. Halter has been struggling.

Political Hack
02-03-2019, 11:12 PM
Having "too much depth" problems is fun.

HoopsDawg
02-03-2019, 11:23 PM
Too bad he cant play 2B. We still dont have a surefire 2B yet. Halter has been struggling.

At the plate or in the field? I heard Jordan has really improved at 2B.

jacksondawg
02-03-2019, 11:58 PM
Could Cumbest be an option at 1st is that spot already locked down?

Todd4State
02-04-2019, 12:14 AM
Could Cumbest be an option at 1st is that spot already locked down?

Tanner Allen leads at first because we have to have him in the lineup somewhere. He could be moved to the outfield if we have to move Rowdey to second base. However, if that were to happen I would imagine that would mean Hatcher would get the first look at first base before Cumbest. Cumbest has mainly been in the outfield and I don't know that he has ever even practiced at first before even though he certainly has the skill set and build to do it. However, if we move Hatcher to first it could open up DH for Cumbest depending on how Landon Jordan plays.

Landon could really help himself and the team out if he could learn how to play second base. I know they are working on it but it probably isn't realistic to expect him to play there this year.

Todd4State
02-04-2019, 12:15 AM
Having "too much depth" problems is fun.

The thing is what always seems to happen is some guys struggle that we don't expect and all of a sudden that depth doesn't exist anymore.

I know- Debbie Downer.

The Federalist Engineer
02-04-2019, 07:09 AM
Moneyball scene- Is first base hard to learn?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gzDYgRc6eic