PDA

View Full Version : Ladies vs Bama

CadaverDawg
02-03-2019, 01:20 PM
Haven't watched much this year, but McCowan's body language and effort looks bad in this one so far. What's her deal? Not hustling back on D, pouty attitude.

Ladies off to a good start though

KOdawg1
02-03-2019, 01:23 PM
Very sloppy on D. Not blocking out.

T has stretches where she just isn't there mentally. So far, it appears that is the case

CadaverDawg
02-03-2019, 01:34 PM
I know Big T is a great weapon...but I feel like she really causes problems for a team like this years that needs to play quicker than the last few years. Opponents seem to build their offensive game plan around using her severe lack of speed and quickness against us. Due to that, I see us doing well in the tourney, but not what we have been the last few years

chef dixon
02-03-2019, 01:38 PM
I don't know how we always find something to complain about with the women's team, then I check the score and we are always up handily. This is once again at least an elite 8 team and anything can happen after that, kind of like when you make the Supers.

parabrave
02-03-2019, 01:42 PM
Well that will get T going.

CadaverDawg
02-03-2019, 01:46 PM
I don't know how we always find something to complain about with the women's team, then I check the score and we are always up handily. This is once again at least an elite 8 team and anything can happen after that, kind of like when you make the Supers.

Not saying we aren't really good, and not complaining...hell this is our best sports team on campus. Just discussing what few weaknesses we may have. It's a messageboard, not all discussion is complaining. It would be a lame board if we all just said "great shot!", "we're great", "unbeatable", "wow", "this team leaves me speechless they're so good", etc. Just discussing things, that's all.

CadaverDawg
02-03-2019, 01:49 PM
Up 12 at half. If we could stop Johnson we'd be up 25, that girl came to play

KOdawg1
02-03-2019, 01:50 PM
Well that will get T going.

Seems to play better when she gets knocked on her ass and gets pissed off

Leeshouldveflanked
02-03-2019, 01:53 PM
We are pretty beat up... week off will do us some good... only dressed out 9 players today and on has a heating pad on her shoulder and Danberry has a bad ankle...

starkvegasdawg
02-03-2019, 01:57 PM
Watching the game at slim chickens and no sound but what are they ranking where MSU is #2 behind USCe?

CadaverDawg
02-03-2019, 01:58 PM
Watching the game at slim chickens and no sound but what are they ranking where MSU is #2 behind USCe?

SEC Women's bball programs

Said we need to win the big one to take the top spot

maroonmania
02-03-2019, 01:58 PM

Top SEC women's BB program rankings.

maroonmania
02-03-2019, 01:59 PM
May not see Danberry in the 2nd half. Her ankle, which was already banged up, got hurt again.

CadaverDawg
02-03-2019, 02:07 PM
May not see Danberry in the 2nd half. Her ankle, which was already banged up, got hurt again.

She's in, but man we are the walking wounded right now

maroonmania
02-03-2019, 02:10 PM
She's in, but man we are the walking wounded right now

Yep, we are really thin right now. Guess she is gonna play through it.

parabrave
02-03-2019, 02:11 PM
Dam I didn't know that Bill Lambieer played for Bamas women BB team.

parabrave
02-03-2019, 02:37 PM
Big Ts gonna need an Ice Bath after this game.

WildDawg
02-03-2019, 02:46 PM
Little extreme on the language Vic.

99jc
02-03-2019, 03:08 PM
Little extreme on the language Vic.

I noticed he was talking about God but it didn't quite come out praise the lord. Man I love that coach he is Nick Saban reincarnated in woman's BB.

RocketDawg
02-03-2019, 03:55 PM
They didn't look all that sharp today, but Vic said he let them sleep in this morning. It's a good thing Alabama isn't one of the upper echelon teams or we might not have won.

Pit Bull
02-03-2019, 04:47 PM
Announcers said we are not that close to a #1 seed yet. Said 2 other teams could get a #1 before we do. And that likely....all the #1 seeds won't really be settled until the conference tourneys are over.

parabrave
02-03-2019, 04:50 PM
They didn't look all that sharp today, but Vic said he let them sleep in this morning. It's a good thing Alabama isn't one of the upper echelon teams or we might not have won.

Well they're pretty beat up also. Like some other poster said earlier the week off couldn't come at a better time.

Dawg2003
02-03-2019, 05:27 PM
Announcers said we are not that close to a #1 seed yet. Said 2 other teams could get a #1 before we do. And that likely....all the #1 seeds won't really be settled until the conference tourneys are over.

The thing that sticks out to me is that we have no top 10 wins. I think that really hurts us in getting a 1 seed. I don't really care as long as we get a top 3 seed at least because that maximizes your chances of getting to the Elite 8.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-03-2019, 08:03 PM
I don't know if it's a weakness, rather something to gets on my nerves. I noticed when a player drives to the goal or they are on a fast break, 9 times out of 10 they are gonna be the one who shoots the ball. At times there are 3 point shooters wide open and the driver seems hell bent on shooting or getting fouled. That may be what he's teaching them but it gets on my nerves. Maybe I'm partial because I love the 3 ball.

msbulldog
02-03-2019, 09:17 PM
Big T 12 pts 12 rebs 18th double double aout of 22 games.

maroonmania
02-03-2019, 09:26 PM
I don't know if it's a weakness, rather something to gets on my nerves. I noticed when a player drives to the goal or they are on a fast break, 9 times out of 10 they are gonna be the one who shoots the ball. At times there are 3 point shooters wide open and the driver seems hell bent on shooting or getting fouled. That may be what he's teaching them but it gets on my nerves. Maybe I'm partial because I love the 3 ball.

Who on this team do you want shooting a 3 ball even if they kicked it out? Outside of maybe AEH taking the occasional 3 we are better off just trying to drive in and score.

CadaverDawg
02-03-2019, 09:28 PM
Who on this team do you want shooting a 3 ball even if they kicked it out? Outside of maybe AEH taking the occasional 3 we are better off just trying to drive in and score.

Yeah, if we had a legit 3 point threat, we could make the Title game again this year in my opinion

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-03-2019, 09:31 PM
Yeah, if we had a legit 3 point threat, we could make the Title game again this year in my opinion

Well as was pointed out to me. 3 point shooting is not a requirement to win it all. USCe was not good from 3 when they won it last

maroonmania
02-03-2019, 10:32 PM

Yep, that is why losing Bibby hurt like it did. She was the best 3 point threat we had by quite a bit.

Percho
02-03-2019, 10:56 PM
Vic chewed out 5 for not passing the ball out.