PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Perry

stalkingpoon
02-03-2019, 11:20 AM
This man needs his own thread. He?s a grown ass man on the court. I don?t think we win without him in the staring line up. Kudos to Howland for sitting Holman. We haven?t had a presence like Perry in the post in a long time. Him and Woodard are by far Howlands best recruits. Future is looking brighter with those two.

msbulldog
02-03-2019, 11:35 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^Absolutely!!!!!^^^^^^^^^^^+++++++++++1

CadaverDawg
02-03-2019, 11:43 AM
100%

Dude is a beast. Going to be a star here

msstate7
02-03-2019, 11:49 AM
100%

Dude is a beast. Going to be a star here

If he keeps progressing at his current clip, he won't be here long.

chef dixon
02-03-2019, 11:51 AM
He's setting up to have a monster year next year and then go pro

Political Hack
02-03-2019, 12:24 PM
Agree. At the beginning of the year I was worried about Woodard. Never felt concerned about Perry but thought it would take him longer to adjust in SEC play. He's a beast though. And Woodard has grown up quick too. We've got an elite core to work with over the next 1-2 years (Nick, Woody, and Perry).

stalkingpoon
02-03-2019, 12:41 PM
Agree. At the beginning of the year I was worried about Woodard. Never felt concerned about Perry but thought it would take him longer to adjust in SEC play. He's a beast though. And Woodard has grown up quick too. We've got an elite core to work with over the next 1-2 years (Nick, Woody, and Perry).

Nick, Carter, Woodard, Perry and Ado should be a solid lineup next year.

Political Hack
02-03-2019, 12:55 PM
Carter is certainly part of that too. I think he should get more minutes now. Reminds me of Kerry Kittles. I think he could be just as effective. If we'd just swing him around the 3-point line with a hi-lo stack we'd open up some many dribble drives. He needs to keep extending his range too. You don't have to shoot a three with your toes an inch from the line. Back up 4 feet and do it too. Extend their defense and let Lamar, Q, and Nick drive the ball and play a mittle more of a mid-range game.

biggun
02-03-2019, 01:09 PM
Carter is certainly part of that too. I think he should get more minutes now. Reminds me of Kerry Kittles. I think he could be just as effective. If we'd just swing him around the 3-point line with a hi-lo stack we'd open up some many dribble drives. He needs to keep extending his range too. You don't have to shoot a three with your toes an inch from the line. Back up 4 feet and do it too. Extend their defense and let Lamar, Q, and Nick drive the ball and play a mittle more of a mid-range game.

Amen! Carter will not shoot a 3 unless he is inches behind the line. While I appreciate him not wanting to throw garbage up, like Holman and Peters often toss up, he has the range and must pull the trigger. Also, run more plays for him, the dude is a baller who can do more, much more

DanDority
02-03-2019, 01:25 PM
If he's a man, what is Zion Williamson?

CadaverDawg
02-03-2019, 01:28 PM

I agree. Carter has a high basketball IQ, and is very underrated off the dribble. He's not the greatest defender due to his physical stature, but I like having him on the court. I wouldn't hate seeing him, Nick, Q, Perry, and Woodard on the court together more. This isn't a popular opinion, but Lamar has too much Gary Ervin in him to me, and often times it seems his hot sauce routine leads to turnovers and bad shots more than it leads to points

Political Hack
02-03-2019, 02:24 PM
Agree about Lamar. He's streaky. Bad comes with the good, but when he's on he's one of the most dynamic players in the country.

It's hard to watch the game management struggles down the stretch. If he could be more patient and take better care of the ball late in games instead of forcing the issue, most of that "bad" would slowly fade away.

stalkingpoon
02-03-2019, 02:26 PM
If he's a man, what is Zion Williamson?

Ironman, Superman, whatever he wants to be called

Political Hack
02-03-2019, 02:27 PM
Watched the first few minutes of the first Duke game this season and posted that Zion Williamson was the best player in the country and I don't need to see anyone else. Was told he's not the best player on his own team. Wonder if anybody would still say that?

He's going to embarrass LeBron next year. It's going to be fun to watch.

MarketingBully
02-03-2019, 03:17 PM
Reggie Perry is a star and was the best player on the court against Bama and Ole Miss. To me, he’s better then Lawrence Roberts was because of his range and ability to stretch the floor. Lamar was hurt yesterday and had a sprained left wrist which once I found that out was impressed with how he played yesterday. I think the key for this week though will be can this limit of minutes for Holman motivate him to play all out when he’s in there? If we can get the old Holman back, this team will be tough to beat. I think we beat LSU Wednesday but we will need Holman’s A game to do it due to their length. I think Peters can shut Waters down. Hopefully the win yesterday can give them confidence for this crucial three game home stand.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-03-2019, 03:29 PM
Watched the first few minutes of the first Duke game this season and posted that Zion Williamson was the best player in the country and I don't need to see anyone else. Was told he's not the best player on his own team. Wonder if anybody would still say that?

He's going to embarrass LeBron next year. It's going to be fun to watch.

Yes I was wrong on RJ Barrett being better.

As far as him embarrassing Lebron next year..... LOL

Political Hack
02-03-2019, 03:29 PM
Agree with that. I didn't realize Peters was banged up. We have to win one of the next two.

Political Hack
02-03-2019, 03:31 PM
Yes I was wrong on RJ Barrett being better.

As far as him embarrassing Lebron next year..... LOL

He's the best basketball player in the world, right now. I heard an announcer say the other day that if he entered the NBA today, he'd be the heaviest player in the league. And he moves like he does? It's over. He's the best.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-03-2019, 03:39 PM
He's the best basketball player in the world, right now. I heard an announcer say the other day that if he entered the NBA today, he'd be the heaviest player in the league. And he moves like he does? It's over. He's the best.

So Zion is better than Lebron? KD? AD? Harden? Steph?

msstate7
02-03-2019, 03:42 PM

All of them combined!

Hack, ZW is a freaking stud... best college player for sure, and I hope like hell the grizzlies pick #1 to get em. With that said, he is not the best player in the world.

Political Hack
02-03-2019, 04:35 PM

His ceiling is above them all. He's the most physically gifted player in the world, right now. Without question, in my mind.

Just for the record, the last time I made an early call after one viewing of a kid, I said a 2 star DL from nowheresville MS was better than Nkemdiche. Got ridiculed. Chris Jones > Nkemdiche. It's not hard to spot the best. Zion is the best.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-03-2019, 04:46 PM
His ceiling is above them all. He's the most physically gifted player in the world, right now. Without question, in my mind.

Just for the record, the last time I made an early call after one viewing of a kid, I said a 2 star DL from nowheresville MS was better than Nkemdiche. Got ridiculed. Chris Jones > Nkemdiche. It's not hard to spot the best. Zion is the best.

Saying Chris Jones was better than Nkemdiche is just a little bit different than saying Zion is the best basketball player in the world.

MarketingBully
02-03-2019, 05:02 PM
Saying Chris Jones was better than Nkemdiche is just a little bit different than saying Zion is the best basketball player in the world.

Williamson is a great college player but he’s not better then the NBA stars out there today and imo I think Barrett will be a better NBA player then Williamson will be.

Political Hack
02-03-2019, 06:18 PM
Zion is going to abuse LeBron.

Todd4State
02-03-2019, 06:27 PM
Assuming our starting lineup next year is Nick, Tyson, Woodard, Perry and Ado does that mean DJ Stewart is our sixth man next year? And where does Feazell fit in? Could Perry play the five and Frazell the 4 with Ado on the bench?

MarketingBully
02-03-2019, 07:22 PM
Assuming our starting lineup next year is Nick, Tyson, Woodard, Perry and Ado does that mean DJ Stewart is our sixth man next year? And where does Feazell fit in? Could Perry play the five and Frazell the 4 with Ado on the bench?

We will have Prince Oduro eligible and he’s a great presence down low. Him, Perry, and Woodard will form a very formidable front court. We also have a very underrated recruiting class coming in next year with Elias King, Butts, and Molinar. We could end up being better next year then this one imo.

chef dixon
02-03-2019, 07:30 PM

Lebron will also be what? 35? In his 18th season? The fact that lebron is still regarded the way he is is incredible.

msbulldog
02-03-2019, 10:01 PM
Nick, Carter, Woodard, Perry and Ado should be a solid lineup next year.

Stewart will figure in there.

CadaverDawg
02-03-2019, 10:05 PM

I doubt Feazell will ever see valuable minutes. Maybe I'm wrong, I just don't think he's more than a mop up guy

msstate7
02-03-2019, 10:09 PM
I doubt Feazell will ever see valuable minutes. Maybe I'm wrong, I just don't think he's more than a mop up guy

If we don't upgrade an assistant for bigs development, hell no, he won't play. We suck butt at developing bigs

Ifyouonlyknew
02-03-2019, 10:13 PM

He's looked bad this year but he's also playing with a partially torn labrum. Coaches wanted him to RS & have surgery but he wanted to play & have surgery after the season.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-03-2019, 10:15 PM
If we don't upgrade an assistant for bigs development, hell no, he won't play. We suck butt at developing bigs

Depend on the bigs. Gavin Ware progressed his Sr year & Perry has through this year. Before this rough spot Holman has progressed a ton during his career.

msstate7
02-03-2019, 10:20 PM
Depend on the bigs. Gavin Ware progressed his Sr year & Perry has through this year. Before this rough spot Holman has progressed a ton during his career.

I realize I'm not being 100% reasonable on the topic, but I'm basing this on 2 players: herard and ado. I thought both were primed for big soph years after promising freshman years. Both took big steps backwards imo

Ifyouonlyknew
02-03-2019, 10:24 PM
I realize I'm not being 100% reasonable on the topic, but I'm basing this on 2 players: herard and ado. I thought both were primed for big soph years after promising freshman years. Both took big steps backwards imo

Herard got to Maryland & did the same & dropped out of school. I don't think you can blame the staff for that 1. Ado hasn't taken the jump I was expecting on offense but I think a large part of that has been lack of touches also. If he's the exact same next year I think we can say yes he hasn't been developed.

Political Hack
02-03-2019, 11:17 PM
Lebron will also be what? 35? In his 18th season? The fact that lebron is still regarded the way he is is incredible.

Without a doubt. Zion's youth will help him. He's more explosive and more energetic. He'll own LeBron.

chef dixon
02-03-2019, 11:20 PM
Herard got to Maryland & did the same & dropped out of school. I don't think you can blame the staff for that 1. Ado hasn't taken the jump I was expecting on offense but I think a large part of that has been lack of touches also. If he's the exact same next year I think we can say yes he hasn't been developed.

To me Ado just isn't aggressive enough naturally to be good offensively at this level. I'm not sure its something you can teach, you either have it or you don't. Most people in D1 college basketball have it already. He probably used to just get away with it in high school based on his size. Its painful sometimes to watch him hesitate to go up.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-03-2019, 11:28 PM
What's the story on Jethro? Why again did we sign a JUCO player and not playing him? Is he getting processed?

MCsMGs
02-04-2019, 07:47 AM
What's the story on Jethro? Why again did we sign a JUCO player and not playing him? Is he getting processed?

The word I got from a pretty reliable source is that he hasn't worked out as well as hoped...not sure if he'll be back or not, but with Reggie being a short timer, we need to have someone in that slot that will be productive.

Scared_Hitless
02-04-2019, 09:27 AM
Wait are we really comparing an 18 year old Zion to Lebron? Good Grief lets let the kid make the league before anointing him shall we. Yes he is physical freak but he has a ton to work on to be anywhere near Lebron.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-04-2019, 09:34 AM
All of them combined!

Hack, ZW is a freaking stud... best college player for sure, and I hope like hell the grizzlies pick #1 to get em. With that said, he is not the best player in the world.

Wait a second. He is better than all of those combined, but yet not the best in the world? WTH? I would love to hear who is the best in the world in your opinion. God?

Political Hack
02-04-2019, 09:41 AM
Wait are we really comparing an 18 year old Zion to Lebron? Good Grief lets let the kid make the league before anointing him shall we. Yes he is physical freak but he has a ton to work on to be anywhere near Lebron.

He will own him next season. It's done.

msstate7
02-04-2019, 09:44 AM
Wait a second. He is better than all of those combined, but yet not the best in the world? WTH? I would love to hear who is the best in the world in your opinion. God?

https://i.postimg.cc/Jh22T6kJ/0-F30-FD98-4927-4-A83-8-EB6-38930-A029-F94.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-04-2019, 09:51 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/Jh22T6kJ/0-F30-FD98-4927-4-A83-8-EB6-38930-A029-F94.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Sarcasm: easily conveyed by the use of ****** commonly known as sarcasterisks.

msstate7
02-04-2019, 09:56 AM
Sarcasm: easily conveyed by the use of ****** commonly known as sarcasterisks.

I didn't find it necessary. Here's my post again...

"All of them combined!

Hack, ZW is a freaking stud... best college player for sure, and I hope like hell the grizzlies pick #1 to get em. With that said, he is not the best player in the world."
How did you interpret my last sentence? I've seen this show before... you'll leave no comment. You obviously jumped the gun to be argumentative about something

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-04-2019, 10:02 AM
Would have been easier to have said..

"All of them combined!**

For real though, Hack, ZW is a freaking stud... best college player for sure, and I hope like hell the grizzlies pick #1 to get em. With that said, he is not the best player in the world."

smootness
02-04-2019, 10:47 AM
Reggie Perry is a star and was the best player on the court against Bama and Ole Miss. To me, he?s better then Lawrence Roberts was because of his range and ability to stretch the floor. Lamar was hurt yesterday and had a sprained left wrist which once I found that out was impressed with how he played yesterday. I think the key for this week though will be can this limit of minutes for Holman motivate him to play all out when he?s in there? If we can get the old Holman back, this team will be tough to beat. I think we beat LSU Wednesday but we will need Holman?s A game to do it due to their length. I think Peters can shut Waters down. Hopefully the win yesterday can give them confidence for this crucial three game home stand.

I disagree. I think we can absolutely beat LSU, but I don't think Holman helps do that. Even him at his best is a massive liability on defense. I would like to see his minutes reduced.

ShotgunDawg
02-04-2019, 10:53 AM
Zion has a ways to go in his shooting, but he's as physically gifted as they come & that will be even more evident on a larger NBA court against man defenses where he can spread the floor & go more one on one.

His explosiveness is ridiculous & he's 6'7 284.

I haven't seen him show the instincts or passing ability of Lebron & I believe Lebron will likely always have a better outside game, but Zion is super good. Reminds me a lot of Larry Johnson, which, should make him a top 5-10 NBA player once he gets there.

MarketingBully
02-04-2019, 10:58 AM

Well considering Prince Oduro will have 3 years left I think we will be fine.

MarketingBully
02-04-2019, 11:10 AM
I disagree. I think we can absolutely beat LSU, but I don't think Holman helps do that. Even him at his best is a massive liability on defense. I would like to see his minutes reduced.

I think it’s important for Holman to give us 15-20 productive minutes at least. He’s a matchup nightmare and if he can defend like he did in the non-conference schedule he could be an asset again. He just can’t give us the effort he has given in the SEC season. But we do need him to be at his best if we want to reach our ceiling this year as a team.

MarketingBully
02-04-2019, 11:11 AM
Zion has a ways to go in his shooting, but he's as physically gifted as they come & that will be even more evident on a larger NBA court against man defenses where he can spread the floor & go more one on one.

His explosiveness is ridiculous & he's 6'7 284.

I haven't seen him show the instincts or passing ability of Lebron & I believe Lebron will likely always have a better outside game, but Zion is super good. Reminds me a lot of Larry Johnson, which, should make him a top 5-10 NBA player once he gets there.

He’s not even the best pro on his team. RJ Barrett will be a better NBA player.

ShotgunDawg
02-04-2019, 11:39 AM
He’s not even the best pro on his team. RJ Barrett will be a better NBA player.

I really disagree. I've watched Duke a number of times looking for RJ to be better, and he just wasn't. Zion is way more unique and irreplaceable

Rayburn8
02-04-2019, 11:47 AM

Listen, ZW is a great college player, I personally am very concerned about his inability to shoot and what he will look like when the athleticism is closer to his level. He unfortunately reminds me a lot of Josh Smith.

ZW won?t pass LeBron because he isn?t the cerebral player LeBron is.

And since you brought up Nkemdiche and Jones.

I?m someone who thought Giannis was the top player of his draft, Kwahi was the top player of his and was a huge fan of Rudy Gobert coming into the league. I know what works and doesn?t in the NBA. Still not sold he will come in and dominate the league. He may be a franchise player but he could be Andrew Wiggins very easily.

And he is still no where near the talent LeBron was coming in. The things LeBron does on a court won?t be replicated, because regardless of how much ZW has the youth advantage (not sure if he has the athleticism advantage even now, LeBron is unreal.) LeBron has him beat leaps and bounds cerebrally on the court. LeBron is probably highest BBall Iq player ever and that is what makes him great as much as his athleticism as well. There are two parts to basketball, mental and physical and at the NBA level, mental matters a lot more than it does in high school or college.

Hell mental attributes are what seperated Jordan from everyone else as well.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-04-2019, 11:48 AM
I really disagree. I've watched Duke a number of times looking for RJ to be better, and he just wasn't. Zion is way more unique and irreplaceable

The problem with RJ's game right now is he's so inefficient. He's so ball dominant but he doesn't really make his teammates better & doesn't shoot a great %. Coming into the season he was built as this all around great player who does some of everything & lifts up the guys around him. That hasn't happened.

Rayburn8
02-04-2019, 11:48 AM
On the topic of Perry, always felt he would be the best player on our team by season’s end.

Dude needs all the minutes he can handle. A great post player, but also has a great faceup game.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-04-2019, 11:53 AM
Listen, ZW is a great college play, I personally am very concerned about his inability to shoot and what he will look like when the athleticism is closer to his level. He unfortunately reminds me a lot of Josh Smith.

ZW won?t pass LeBron because he isn?t the cerebral player LeBron is.

And since you brought up Nkemdiche and Jones.

I?m someone who thought Giannis was the top player of his draft, Kwahi was the top player of his and was a huge fan of Rudy Gobert coming into the league. I know what works and doesn?t in the NBA. Still not sold he will come in and dominate the league. He may be a franchise player but he could be Andrew Wiggins very easily.

And he is still no where near the talent LeBron was coming in. The things LeBron does on a court won?t be replicated, because regardless of how much ZW has the youth advantage (not sure if he has the athleticism advantage even now, LeBron is unreal.) LeBron has him beat leaps and bounds cerebrally on the court. LeBron is probably highest BBall Iq player ever and that is what makes him great as much as his athleticism as well. There are two parts to basketball, mental and physical and at the NBA level, mental matters a lot more than it does in high school or college.

Hell mental attributes are what seperated Jordan from everyone else as well.

Great post. I will say that even if Zion never becomes a great outside shooter he can still get his because he's very good on the block he just doesn't do it nearly enough. I don't think Zion is a bad jump shooter either it's just not a huge part of his game right now because nobody can stop the freight train. I agree if he's going to reach his maximum potential he will eventually will need a reliable jumper. It won't hurt him early on though (See Ben Simmons & Gianis). He has a chance to be very good even great but the Lebron talk was just nonsense.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-04-2019, 11:55 AM
On the topic of Perry, always felt he would be the best player on our team by season’s end.

Dude needs all the minutes he can handle. A great post player, but also has a great faceup game.

Reggie needs to spend all off season working on his ball handling & passing. His defense will continue to improve with effort because right now is defense is a huge liability. I've been trying to come up with a comparison for him. Someone who he can emulate & watch hours of film of to pattern his game after.

StarkVegasSteve
02-04-2019, 12:12 PM
Reggie needs to spend all off season working on his ball handling & passing. His defense will continue to improve with effort because right now is defense is a huge liability. I've been trying to come up with a comparison for him. Someone who he can emulate & watch hours of film of to pattern his game after.

Jaren Jackson Jr. After watching the game on Saturday he reminds me every bit of JJJ.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-04-2019, 12:26 PM
Jaren Jackson Jr. After watching the game on Saturday he reminds me every bit of JJJ.

That is a great comparison. The best I could come up with was prime Al Horford.

MCsMGs
02-04-2019, 05:37 PM

Howland told him after the game Saturday to go watch Karl Malone.

msstate7
02-04-2019, 05:43 PM
Howland told him after the game Saturday to go watch Karl Malone.

Peters gonna watch Stockton?

MCsMGs
02-04-2019, 07:04 PM
Peters gonna watch Stockton?

Wouldn't that be nice...

Political Hack
02-04-2019, 08:10 PM
Zion doesn't need a long range game when he can play inside, hit set shots at 6'7", and pass the way he does. He picks peoples pocket backdoor a lot. Knows when to distribute the ball and when to keep it. Doesn't force a lot of bad shots. And is the biggest most dominant player on the floor. Nobody can match up with him. Play a big on him, he'll eat you alive with the dribble drive. Play a small on him, and he'll bruise you down low with the ability to kick. He's too diverse and too smart with the ball. Plus his energy and effort are heads and tails above 99% of NBA players already.

BuckyIsAB****
02-04-2019, 08:22 PM
I would take 10 Lamar's over 1 Holman. Lamar plays with effort but he gets out of control at times. Holman could give a shit about anything and should ride the pine until he decides to care again

pilldawg
02-04-2019, 08:28 PM

if he gave a damn.

dawgday166
02-04-2019, 08:29 PM
I would take 10 Lamar's over 1 Holman. Lamar plays with effort but he gets out of control at times. Holman could give a shit about anything and should ride the pine until he decides to care again

Depends on if Lamar gets into his jacking up 3s mode. Either one kills the team's chances. When Lamar is playing D and distributing the ball, we pretty decent then.

BuckyIsAB****
02-04-2019, 08:50 PM
Depends on if Lamar gets into his jacking up 3s mode. Either one kills the team's chances. When Lamar is playing D and distributing the ball, we pretty decent then.

At least he is trying when he is jacking them up. Holman hasnt played with any effort in a month

Political Hack
02-04-2019, 08:51 PM
When Lamar runs in 3rd gear, we play our best ball. When he's wide open, we get sloppy.

dawgday166
02-04-2019, 08:55 PM
At least he is trying when he is jacking them up. Holman hasnt played with any effort in a month

Depends ... sometimes he's auditioning for the league IMO. Then it is detrimental. Get everyone involved and the D will be better too. Players get pissed off if someone is jacking up contested 3s all the time. Then their defense will suffer too.

Rayburn8
02-04-2019, 09:09 PM
Zion doesn't need a long range game when he can play inside, hit set shots at 6'7", and pass the way he does. He picks peoples pocket backdoor a lot. Knows when to distribute the ball and when to keep it. Doesn't force a lot of bad shots. And is the biggest most dominant player on the floor. Nobody can match up with him. Play a big on him, he'll eat you alive with the dribble drive. Play a small on him, and he'll bruise you down low with the ability to kick. He's too diverse and too smart with the ball. Plus his energy and effort are heads and tails above 99% of NBA players already.

To the first part, yes in college not the NBA. I don’t think people realize the gap between college basketball and the NBA.

It is not like College football and the NFL, the gap is so much wider wjth the NBA.

He is 6’7, he is probably short for a small forward in the NBA, SFs are usually about 6’8’ or taller. The more you post about this the more I realize you haven’t watched the Association in five years. ZW is good, no doubt, but he is not a player that will dominate the league like LeBron, KD, Giannis or AD do. He’ll be at the Kyrie tier of top 15, sometimes top 10 player in the league.

He is short for either forward spot in the NBA, and just out athleticing people doesn’t work in the NBA, see Micheal Beasly. You can do that crap all day in college but it won’t work in the league.

That last sentence is just objectively false.