PDA

View Full Version : Tradition

ejdallas322
02-02-2019, 07:30 PM
I know a lot of people aren?t really into starting new traditions but I have an idea that I?m itching to share. I think we should play ?The Reaper? - Blue Oyster Cult right before every kickoff and ring our cowbells to the beat. It honestly sounds pretty cool if you listen to the song and think about it.

Todd4State
02-02-2019, 07:51 PM
Not bad. We can try it. My thing about tradition is usually those are spawned spontaneously- cowbells, Don't Stop Believing, Dawg Pound Rock, and etc. If the university tries to "organize" something it typically doesn't come off as well. Like the Viking cowbell ringing thing that we tried to do a few years ago pre-game. I didn't think it was a "bad" idea per se- but it certainly didn't feel natural. And then it got shelved.

ejdallas322
02-02-2019, 07:56 PM
Yeah I get what ur saying. That tradition didnt stick mainly bc it didn’t rlly fit us well. I think this tradition fits our fan base and program perfectly.

Todd4State
02-02-2019, 07:58 PM
Yeah I get what ur saying. That tradition didnt stick mainly bc it didn’t rlly fit us well. I think this tradition fits our fan base and program perfectly.

I think it would fit us better too. Probably the best way to go about it for the MSU DJ guy to play the song before KO and see how our fans react.

Goldendawg
02-02-2019, 08:04 PM
I know a lot of people aren?t really into starting new traditions but I have an idea that I?m itching to share. I think we should play ?The Reaper? - Blue Oyster Cult right before every kickoff and ring our cowbells to the beat. It honestly sounds pretty cool if you listen to the song and think about it.

I think to open the games at kickoff with BOC, "Don't Fear the Reaper" with it's cowbell and ours added would be a great fit! Hail State!

Drewbowski
02-03-2019, 01:48 AM
"Don't Stop Believing" wasn't exactly spontaneous. We started playing it at Mullen's request.

Howboutdemdogs
02-03-2019, 08:03 AM
Switching gears, I would like what was played at the start of every baseball game when I was at MSU. David Bowie’s “ Diamond Dogs” . You can ring to the beat with that song. Also BOC would be a great choice for football. Possibly, AC/DC’s “Hells Bells” would work at some point before the team comes out in football.

DownwardDawg
02-03-2019, 09:43 AM
Keep playing "For Whom the Bell Tolls". Greatest song ever that fits MSU football.

Liverpooldawg
02-03-2019, 11:10 AM
"Don't Stop Believing" wasn't exactly spontaneous. We started playing it at Mullen's request.

The crowds reaction to it was spontaneous.

DCdawg
02-03-2019, 08:31 PM
Keep playing "For Whom the Bell Tolls". Greatest song ever that fits MSU football.

+1