PDA

View Full Version : Hiring HUD now is our only hope

Will James
10-19-2013, 09:56 PM
If we do not salvage this with HUD ASAP an let Dan hit bottom we will be behind for many years.

Trends are going away from NCAA control. The Bears are all in. The Bears are bank rolled. They will have their pick going against Merlin in crootin. HUD and our own all in strategy is needed NOW! Seems as if he is the cigar boy pick. Well we need him and we need our cigar boys to take the fight to never before seen levels

smootness
10-19-2013, 10:00 PM
Yeah, Ole Miss has just destroyed us in recruiting inside MS the last 2 years....

ShotgunDawg
10-19-2013, 10:02 PM
If we do not salvage this with HUD ASAP an let Dan hit bottom we will be behind for many years.

Trends are going away from NCAA control. The Bears are all in. The Bears are bank rolled. They will have their pick going against Merlin in crootin. HUD and our own all in strategy is needed NOW! Seems as if he is the cigar boy pick. Well we need him and we need our cigar boys to take the fight to never before seen levels

Cut this shit out. The cross-hairs are now on Mullen for sure, but threads like this are counter productive. Hopefully, our players don't read what you have said. Dumbass

Will James
10-19-2013, 10:02 PM
Yeah, Ole Miss has just destroyed us in recruiting inside MS the last 2 years....

They've been shitty the last 2 years and weren't coming off of a top class until this year. Can Mullen plug the leaks around the state that anyone can clearly see have opened up? Doubtful.

Will James
10-19-2013, 10:04 PM
Cut this shit out. The cross-hairs are now on Mullen for sure, but threads like this are counter productive. Hopefully, our players don't read what you have said. Dumbass

Uh this has been said all year long Gene

smootness
10-19-2013, 10:08 PM
Where are the leaks?

Chris Jones
Ashton Shumpert
Aeris Williams
Jesse Jackson
Gerri Green
Jamoral Graham
Jake Thomas
Kent Flowers

....all wanted by Ole Miss. In that same time span, they have:

Roderick Taylor
CJ Hampton
Ronald Walker
Tony Conner
Kailo Moore
Ryan Buchanan
Daronte Bouldin.....and? You can throw in the Moore twins if you want, or Davion Johnson, but they weren't really wanted by us very badly.

They are not getting whoever they want, and they won't.

Will James
10-19-2013, 10:11 PM
I'm projecting the leaks using common sense and market trends

preachermatt83
10-19-2013, 10:12 PM

go back to gene's and pump rainbows and sunshine over there.

preachermatt83
10-19-2013, 10:12 PM

very well said

smootness
10-19-2013, 10:16 PM
I'm projecting the leaks using common sense and market trends

Then a) just say you're guessing, and b) you don't understand how in-state recruiting works.

You said 'leaks' that 'anyone can clearly see have opened up'...yet you're just predicting what will happen, not what already has.

It has little to do with 'market trends' and everything to do with relationships, especially in MS. As long as we avoid a lot of coaching turnover, and as long as something crazy doesn't happen, like Ole Miss becoming a consistent top-5 team or us completely tanking), recruiting will stay roughly as it has for a long time. We'll get our share, and they'll get their share.

If what you're saying was an inevitability, we would already be seeing the effects, and kids like Jesse Jackson would be jumping all over Ole Miss. They aren't.

The fact that they are getting OOS kids like crazy should raise eyebrows, but whatever they're working in other places isn't working the same in MS.

CJDAWG85
10-19-2013, 10:17 PM
This thread is ****ing stupid. Mullen had nothing to do with LSU playing like shit. They play like that against us and they lose too.

HoopsDawg
10-19-2013, 10:19 PM
Then a) just say you're guessing, and b) you don't understand how in-state recruiting works.

You said 'leaks' that 'anyone can clearly see have opened up'...yet you're just predicting what will happen, not what already has.

It has little to do with 'market trends' and everything to do with relationships, especially in MS. As long as we avoid a lot of coaching turnover, and as long as something crazy doesn't happen, like Ole Miss becoming a consistent top-5 team or us completely tanking), recruiting will stay roughly as it has for a long time. We'll get our share, and they'll get their share.

If what you're saying was an inevitability, we would already be seeing the effects, and kids like Jesse Jackson would be jumping all over Ole Miss. They aren't.

The fact that they are getting OOS kids like crazy should raise eyebrows, but whatever they're working in other places isn't working the same in MtS.

Ole Miss isn't worried about Jesse Jackson. They will be signing Markell Pack.

smootness
10-19-2013, 10:22 PM
Ole Miss isn't worried about Jesse Jackson. They will be signing Markell Pack.

They still wanted Jesse Jackson, and we got him.

HoopsDawg
10-19-2013, 10:24 PM
They still wanted Jesse Jackson, and we got him.

Yippee

smootness
10-19-2013, 10:30 PM
Yippee

I'm not saying, 'Guys, guys, we signed Jesse Jackson! No worries!'

Will James said Freeze would get anyone he wants, and Jesse Jackson was simply one among a list of names proving that it isn't true, at least not to this point.

Will James
10-19-2013, 10:35 PM
I'm not saying, 'Guys, guys, we signed Jesse Jackson! No worries!'

Will James said Freeze would get anyone he wants, and Jesse Jackson was simply one among a list of names proving that it isn't true, at least not to this point.

Did Jackson sign in the last hour? I'm projecting the trends and momentum that extends out from this win.

smootness
10-19-2013, 10:43 PM
Did Jackson sign in the last hour? I'm projecting the trends and momentum that extends out from this win.

Then don't talk about leaks that 'anyone can clearly see have opened up'. Just say that it's your prediction.

Boya
10-19-2013, 10:46 PM

Your a big baseball guy....do you not think the $ we are about to drop on baseball shouldn't be spent on football coordinator salary ?

Will James
10-19-2013, 10:48 PM
Your a big baseball guy....do you not think the $ we are about to drop on baseball shouldn't be spent on football coordinator salary ?

Nope. Our savings on HUD's salary plus new tv revenues will easily pay assistants.

I seen it dawg
10-19-2013, 10:50 PM
Nope. Our savings on HUD's salary plus new tv revenues will easily pay assistants.

On this subject you are ****ing stupid

Dawg61
10-19-2013, 10:54 PM
Haha you'll let BJ Upton destroy your baseball lineup for an entire season but as soon as UOM gets a win you want Mullen fired. Where are your cheesy poofs I think you've gone into diabetic shock.

Will James
10-19-2013, 11:03 PM
Haha you'll let BJ Upton destroy your baseball lineup for an entire season but as soon as UOM gets a win you want Mullen fired. Where are your cheesy poofs I think you've gone into diabetic shock.

I have no response. Just terrible terrible managing on my part.

Dawg61
10-19-2013, 11:08 PM
I have no response. Just terrible terrible managing on my part.

Haha nah just a bit of Braves homerism. I did the same thing with Lincecum in my other league.

Homedawg
10-19-2013, 11:12 PM
I think one thing that has been "proven" for lack of a better word is we will get our share and they will get their share in state. And until one can sweep the state, it doesn't matter. Last time they owned us in state- well they kicked our ass- buckles led that charge and the following year they killed us in recruiting in state and throw Archie's son in and it got ugly. All that said- they are in the same boat we are- swimming up stream against the rest of the league. Well the top7-8 anyway.

SnakePlissken
10-19-2013, 11:18 PM
HUD and our own all in strategy is needed NOW! Seems as if he is the cigar boy pick. Well we need him and we need our cigar boys to take the fight to never before seen levels Perhaps had we gone all in with Dan, including the cigar boys, we might not be having this conversation. Your comment goes to show that Dan hasn't really had the full backing from everyone to this day

Will James
10-19-2013, 11:21 PM
Perhaps had we gone all in with Dan, including the cigar boys, we might not be having this conversation. Your comment goes to show that Dan hasn't really had the full backing from everyone to this day

I thought the conventional wisdom is that Dan didn't want the cigars, right. Ill take this 2 star and make him into a 4.

Dawg61
10-19-2013, 11:52 PM
I thought the conventional wisdom is that Dan didn't want the cigars, right. Ill take this 2 star and make him into a 4.

There will be no cigars with Bracky turning in MSU on EVERYTHING

Boya
10-20-2013, 01:08 AM

HUD savings? Why should we be giving out discounts if we are trying to compete with the elites ? Baseball needs to wait if we want to compete in football

DownwardDawg
10-20-2013, 06:18 AM
HUD savings? Why should we be giving out discounts if we are trying to compete with the elites ? Baseball needs to wait if we want to compete in football

Screw that! Take the extra ESPN football revenue and spend it on baseball, the one sport that we can compete for National Championships in.