PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: Not So Super Bowl Edition

BeastMan
02-01-2019, 05:37 PM
Going out for dinner tomorrow and cooking for SB. Besides that no big plans.

Howboutdemdogs
02-02-2019, 08:45 AM
We went to the grocery store for the "Not So Interested Super Bowl" or as I like to call it "The Saints Got Screwed Bowl". Here is our menu for Sunday:

Beer
Buffalo Chicken Dip
Beer
Grilled Deer Meat
Beer
Pigs in a Blanket
Beer
Hamburger Sliders
Beer
Fried Sliced Jalape?os
Beer
Homemade Salsa
Beer
Spinach Dip in Hawaiian Bread Bowl
Beer
Boudin
Beer
Pimento and Cheese stuffed celery
Beer
Pecan Pie
Beer

We are excited, got a fresh keg for the Keg-O-Rater.

BeastMan
02-02-2019, 11:19 AM
Very nice. My wife's indecisiveness has delayed our menu selection outside of rotel dip. I'm dreading my Sunday grocery store trip. Maybe late tonight after dinner. Great looking lineup there HowBoutDem

LC Dawg
02-02-2019, 11:27 AM
In honor of the Saints getting screwed we're doing grilled shrimp, oysters grilled and on the half shell, and crawfish etouffee. Even have some Dixie beer and Daisy Duke bloody marys. The game will be on but it's mostly just a party.

Howboutdemdogs
02-02-2019, 04:40 PM
We will be there by half time LC...sweet line up

SpeckleDawg
02-02-2019, 07:44 PM
Not much here this weekend. Grilling some burgers and deer sausage now and zero interest in the super bowl this year.

BeastMan
02-02-2019, 09:01 PM
We just got back from Crechale’s. That place is a Jackson classic. Got the ribeye and some of my wife’s scallops

BrunswickDawg
02-02-2019, 10:11 PM
Made a big crock pot of seafood gumbo today and let it simmer while I did the taxes for my wife's business. Got enough leftover for another meal this week - which makes my happy because gumbo is one of those things that's always better the second day.

SpeckleDawg
02-02-2019, 11:03 PM
gumbo is one of those things that's always better the second day.

Absolutely. A lot of times I'll spend all evening cooking one and not even eat any until the next day.

IMissJack
02-03-2019, 11:50 AM
Smoking a butt on the Kamado Joe right now. Have some NY strips to do this afternoon.

BeastMan
02-03-2019, 02:04 PM
Just started my “special” rotel. All I do different is brown ground beef with onion, garlic, s&p, cumin, and chili p. Then throw in the velveeta and rotel tomatoes. I’m doing burgers and dogs tonight but I’m doing some gourmet toppings like saut?ed portabellas, saut?ed onions, applewood smoked jalape?o bacon, and onion rolls. Also picked up a Gambino King Cake.