PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with firestick

basedog
02-01-2019, 01:27 PM
I saw where some were having problems logging into espn with firestick, me too! I have uninstalled and installed with no luck. It keeps saying I don't have the subscription which I do. I talked to Directv no help. I talked to Espn support no luck.
When I get activation code from Directv, I sign in put the code in and it doesn't recgognize my password which I have changed.
Lastly, Espn support told me to go to settings and click on espn account, don't have that box to click.

Roku which I have in another room works great!

shannondawg
02-01-2019, 02:02 PM
Wait til you have grandkids, they'll fix it for you.

Lord McBuckethead
02-01-2019, 02:20 PM
Get another Roku. 39 dollars and your problem is solved. Or switch the Roku and Firestick from one room to the other. Either way, there are work arounds.

Free advice.

Commercecomet24
02-01-2019, 02:22 PM
Wait til you have grandkids, they'll fix it for you.

So much truth in this statement!

basedog
02-01-2019, 02:29 PM
Get another Roku. 39 dollars and your problem is solved. Or switch the Roku and Firestick from one room to the other. Either way, there are work arounds.

Free advice.

I suppose firestick has gone in the tank, Roku was much easier to install as my firestick is a couple years old. Man ole man!

weblow
02-01-2019, 04:08 PM
Does anyone else have issue with Roku being laggy or terrible with playback of the ESPN app. I have switched it with my Apple TV and Apple TV has no issue and is smooth as can be. No lag at all. But the Roku will not stream a game smoothly at all. Speed is no problem with fiber and signal is strong. Has to be the Roku but I cannot figure out how to fix.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-01-2019, 04:34 PM
I saw where some were having problems logging into espn with firestick, me too! I have uninstalled and installed with no luck. It keeps saying I don't have the subscription which I do. I talked to Directv no help. I talked to Espn support no luck.
When I get activation code from Directv, I sign in put the code in and it doesn't recgognize my password which I have changed.
Lastly, Espn support told me to go to settings and click on espn account, don't have that box to click.

Roku which I have in another room works great!

Same problem, but I use YouTubeTV as my subscription. It seems to be hit and miss for me. Sometimes uninstalling and reinstalling helps. It works on all my other devices so I'm guessing it's a firmware problem in the Fire TV.

basedog
02-01-2019, 05:29 PM
Same problem, but I use YouTubeTV as my subscription. It seems to be hit and miss for me. Sometimes uninstalling and reinstalling helps. It works on all my other devices so I'm guessing it's a firmware problem in the Fire TV.

I've just about giving up, one damn app, ESPN, got nowhere with Directv and Espn support. Btw, got a guy from Directv, supervisor, never understood a word he was talking as I think he lived way up a mountain top in some middle eastern country! Told him to get on chat as I couldn't see his lips moving to understand a word from his language! LOL

BhamDawg205
02-01-2019, 07:48 PM
PlayStation Vue on fire stick and haven't looked back. Had direct. Went from $155 to 60+ tax. Direct hasn't been the same since AT&T. Heck kept having problems logging in just to pay my bill

RocketDawg
02-01-2019, 07:49 PM
So much truth in this statement!

And they might just be about 3 years old when they do it. :)

RocketDawg
02-01-2019, 07:50 PM
Does anyone else have issue with Roku being laggy or terrible with playback of the ESPN app. I have switched it with my Apple TV and Apple TV has no issue and is smooth as can be. No lag at all. But the Roku will not stream a game smoothly at all. Speed is no problem with fiber and signal is strong. Has to be the Roku but I cannot figure out how to fix.

Yes, I've had that problem, and had it last night on the women's game. At times, motion was really jerky. It eventually cleared up but was a bit difficult to watch.

RocketDawg
02-01-2019, 07:52 PM
All these issues is why I'll never go to streaming for my primary television watching. It's just a total pita.

BhamDawg205
02-01-2019, 07:53 PM
This is informative.
https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/directv-now-still-does-not-support-espn3/