PDA

View Full Version : Nathan Pickering cancels Alabama visit and all visits from other schools.

Mobile Bay
02-01-2019, 10:17 AM
https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2019/02/4-star-dl-cancels-alabama-official-visit.html

I seen it dawg
02-01-2019, 10:20 AM
Shocker

Commercecomet24
02-01-2019, 10:22 AM
Yeah he told little nicky on his in home visit the other night an emphatic NO. He's all Dawg and has been! Great young man and leader!

Bothrops
02-01-2019, 10:26 AM
A leader. Rare these days.

Commercecomet24
02-01-2019, 10:41 AM
Nathan has that IT factor. People follow him. He's gonna do great things.

No BS Dawg
02-01-2019, 10:42 AM
This may well pay dividends on Tuesday, as well.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-01-2019, 10:42 AM
Only thing Nathan has done this entire recruitment that hasn't been correct is signing in the early period like he thought about. He knew where he was going & wasn't going to change but he wanted to take trips so I don't blame him.

Commercecomet24
02-01-2019, 10:48 AM
Only thing Nathan has done this entire recruitment that hasn't been correct is signing in the early period like he thought about. He knew where he was going & wasn't going to change but he wanted to take trips so I don't blame him.

Agree. Can't blame a kid from small town Mississippi for taking visits. This only happens once and it's special

Tbonewannabe
02-01-2019, 11:20 AM

Sounds similar to Simmons. I hope he has the same impact.

chef dixon
02-01-2019, 11:24 AM
How good are Pickering and Moore in relation to Simmons? Simmons obviously being a next level talent

Tbonewannabe
02-01-2019, 11:35 AM
How good are Pickering and Moore in relation to Simmons? Simmons obviously being a next level talent

Simmons was a 5 star and Pickering is a high 4 star. As far as offers, they are probably pretty close in who offered. Pickering will be in the rotation next year especially with the lack of depth at DT.

Edit to add:

Moore was originally a 5 star before he was injured. He could possibly be in the rotation next year or redshirt.

Jack Lambert
02-01-2019, 12:22 PM

I think it is wise for the kid not to sign. It could come back to bite them but if they are that good they will make room for him on the roster.

Lumpy Chucklelips
02-01-2019, 12:30 PM
IYOK or anyone....talking about Pickering and not signing early due to wanting to take trips.... this seemed to be a problem for us this year with several guys. Pickering being one to a certain extent, Charles Moore even more so. And I know these guys want to take trips and it's hard sometimes before first signing day due to All-Star games, but my question is....Would it benefit us if we somehow encouraged these guys to take their officials during the season that way when the first signing date comes around they would have made a few visits and may be more willing to go ahead and sign early? I'm not sure how you'd go about encouraging that, but it seems it might help if these guys had already visited some places when the first signing date came around. And I can see going forward the blue bloods only encouraging it even more for prospects waiting to see if they have room for them to keep them from signing with the Miss. State's of the world. Your thoughts on this? Do you think it's a problem? If so, how do you combat it?

msbulldog
02-01-2019, 01:34 PM
So proud to have Nathan become a family member of The Bulldog Nation!

I seen it dawg
02-01-2019, 07:58 PM

Quite honestly IT is sorely missing in our program. We need that one true alpha

I seen it dawg
02-01-2019, 08:00 PM
Simmons will be better than Fletcher and Jones. A perennial all pro. Lacking an injury a HOFer. Yes I did it, said it. I seen it

Means Pickering got a lot of work to do

Bdawg
02-01-2019, 08:05 PM

Think he's having any sway with Byron or has that ship sailed? Thought I remember you saying he and Jarrian were working on him.

Commercecomet24
02-01-2019, 08:08 PM
Think he's having any sway with Byron or has that ship sailed? Thought I remember you saying he and Jarrian were working on him.

Him and Byron are close and yes him, jj and cross are still working him hard. Don't know if it'll be enough but everyone involved with Byron's recruitment has put the work in.

Commercecomet24
02-01-2019, 08:10 PM
Quite honestly IT is sorely missing in our program. We need that one true alpha

Nathan has the potential to be one of those guys.

Pit Bull
02-01-2019, 08:47 PM
https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2019/02/4-star-dl-cancels-alabama-official-visit.html

Any chance Nathan could have some influence with Charles Moore?

Bdawg
02-01-2019, 09:11 PM
Him and Byron are close and yes him, jj and cross are still working him hard. Don't know if it'll be enough but everyone involved with Byron's recruitment has put the work in.

Would be a crazy finish if we get Moore and Young. What was Young's draw to Bama? Just championships(that's a good one imo)? Cause most of his friends seem to be at State.

Goldendawg
02-01-2019, 11:05 PM
Would be a crazy finish if we get Moore and Young. What was Young's draw to Bama? Just championships(that's a good one imo)? Cause most of his friends seem to be at State.

Posted here many times, that he has wanted to go out of state. Hope that has changed to in-state at State!