PDA

View Full Version : Simmons and Combine

Ari Gold
01-31-2019, 01:42 PM
What an absolute joke if true.
Hearing he may be blocked from the combine.

BeardoMSU
01-31-2019, 01:45 PM
Yep, pretty awful. If there is a silver lining, however, it's our pro-day will now be absolutely slammed with NFL coaches and execs.

I seen it dawg
01-31-2019, 01:47 PM
Yeah info from nfl scout...

I seen it dawg
Yep, pretty awful. If there is a silver lining, however, it's our pro-day will now be absolutely slammed with NFL coaches and execs.

That is a great silver lining. Good point

Ari Gold
Yeah info from nfl scout...

Yeah let’s hope our intel is wrong with this one...

fader2103
01-31-2019, 01:52 PM
Its true, NFL.com is reporting that Simmons was informed this morning he is not invited.

Ari Gold
01-31-2019, 01:53 PM

Agree. Just hate it for JS... he would have blown up Indy...

West Tn Dawg
01-31-2019, 01:54 PM
Why?

fader2103
01-31-2019, 01:57 PM
An NFL policy on past arrests. It won't matter he will more than likely still be a Top 10 draft pick

Commercecomet24
01-31-2019, 02:14 PM
Goodell not hypocritical much is he? Can't stand that guy! I like the point made about all the scouts and gms being at pro day. That's a pretty good silver lining. Also, Simmons still be a top 10-20 pick.

TrapGame
01-31-2019, 02:21 PM
The NFL is a complete joke now.

starkvegasdawg
01-31-2019, 02:24 PM
An NFL policy on past arrests. It won't matter he will more than likely still be a Top 10 draft pick

Wonder how many that made that policy have a past DUI or public drunk on their record from their frat days.

DCdawg
01-31-2019, 02:24 PM
It's ridiculous for sure considering Kareem Hunt will probably be back in the league in no time.

Jack Lambert
01-31-2019, 02:25 PM
I understand the rule but in this case he was a minor when it happen, the girl he hit was not a women but a minor as well.

dawgday166
01-31-2019, 02:36 PM

Not sure I understand this. So he can actually be drafted and play in the league, but can't be invited to the combine cause of a past arrest?

Ifyouonlyknew
01-31-2019, 02:37 PM
It's a uniform rule that's been in force about 3 years. Not that big of a deal.

Pit Bull
01-31-2019, 02:38 PM
Goodell not hypocritical much is he? Can't stand that guy! I like the point made about all the scouts and gms being at pro day. That's a pretty good silver lining. Also, Simmons still be a top 10-20 pick.

And they pay him like what?...…$40-50 million per year for doing what?....nothing? They need Condaleeza Rice as Commissioner.

Tbonewannabe
01-31-2019, 02:41 PM

So how did Baker Mayfield go to the combine since he was arrested in college for several misdemeanors? Simmons was arrested on a misdemeanor charge so why is he singled out?

ShotgunDawg
01-31-2019, 02:48 PM
I actually like the rule for a guy like Simmons.

It protects Simmons from having to public interviews & being asked about it

I think it hurts the lower ranked guys more.

tcdog70
01-31-2019, 02:52 PM
So how did Baker Mayfield go to the combine since he was arrested in college for several misdemeanors? Simmons was arrested on a misdemeanor charge so why is he singled out?

Simmons wasn't in college

THE Bruce Dickinson
01-31-2019, 02:52 PM
Did Joe Mixon go to the combine ?

Ifyouonlyknew
01-31-2019, 02:54 PM

No

ShotgunDawg
01-31-2019, 02:55 PM

no & it was to his benefit he didn't

confucius say
01-31-2019, 02:58 PM
The rule is not about prior arrests, it's about acts of violence. Not just domestic violence either, as evidenced by the fact that JS's incident was not domestic violence.

I'm fine with the rule, but I do wonder where you draw the line as far as how far back you go into someone's past.

confucius say
01-31-2019, 03:02 PM
I also wonder if this is the first time the rule has been applied to someone who was involved in violence but not involved in domestic violence.

Howboutdemdogs
01-31-2019, 03:50 PM
So, if I get arrested in high school, I can not ever be invited to the NFL combine? How stupid is that! But once I get to the NFL, being arrested is not that big of a deal. Geez!!!

Jack Lambert
01-31-2019, 05:30 PM
I also wonder if this is the first time the rule has been applied to someone who was involved in violence but not involved in domestic violence.

Technically he got in a fight with another student in high school.

War Machine Dawg
01-31-2019, 05:38 PM
This is beyond bullshit. They're only doing this because Simmons isn't part of the NFLPA. For 17's sake, he made one mistake 4 years ago, been a model citizen with no issues since, and the NFL is trying to harm him to make some sort of statement?

Meanwhile, a real domestic abuser from within the last year, Kareem Hunt, is going to be employed again sooner rather than later. If the NFL is so serious about domestic abuse, why not ban Hunt from the game? Because the PA wouldn't stand for it.

17 the NFL and especially 17 Roger Goodell. He's the worst thing to happen to the NFL in my lifetime. They need to sort out their 17ing shit.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-31-2019, 06:03 PM

No it's not. A kid 2yrs ago couldn't attend do to being arrested for beating a dog. This isn't some rule out to get Jeffrey. Everybody laughed when Chad Kelly & Demore'ea Stringfellow couldn't attend the combine. Now it's our turn.

msstate7
01-31-2019, 06:08 PM
So, if I get arrested in high school, I can not ever be invited to the NFL combine? How stupid is that! But once I get to the NFL, being arrested is not that big of a deal. Geez!!!

It is a pretty big deal in the nfl actually. Ask Kareem hunt

msstate7
01-31-2019, 06:13 PM
If he falls to 25 or so, the saints better sell out to move into the 1st round.

Cam Jordan
Rankins
Simmons
Davenport

okafor 3rd end
onyemata 3rd dt

This would be one of a dline for perhaps brees' last run

TUSK
01-31-2019, 06:16 PM

or Reuben Foster.... And Reuben didn't even smack dat gold diggin' ho....

THE Bruce Dickinson
01-31-2019, 06:27 PM

It's only a big deal if there is a video. Ask Tyreek Hill

TaleofTwoDogs
01-31-2019, 07:05 PM

Didn't you hear, the NFL suspended from the combine the 2nd string QB from some directional college instead. ***

confucius say
01-31-2019, 08:36 PM
Can we stop comparing JS situation to hunt and other domestic abuse situations. JS situation was not domestic abuse or domestic violence. There is a big difference in getting in a fight and abusing someone with whom you are in a rship.

msstate7
01-31-2019, 08:45 PM
Can we stop comparing JS situation to hunt and other domestic abuse situations. JS situation was not domestic abuse or domestic violence. There is a big difference in getting in a fight and abusing someone with whom you are in a rship.

Pretty sure hunt didn't even know the woman's name

BeastMan
01-31-2019, 09:30 PM
Sucks for Jeff but not surprising. I said that on this board 2 years ago. He'll still go high. Just is what it is. I think his situation is different than a lot of the other domestic violence situations we've seen around the league but he's lumped in with them. I believe this is the final time that will come up in his career; dude has been a model citizen since then.

https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?53301-Missing-the-forrest-for-the-trees&highlight=beastman+combine

Something worth noting in this discussion: under this NFL stance, Jeff Simmons will not be invited to the combine.

I seen it dawg
01-31-2019, 09:56 PM
Hunt was a ****ing idiot. So if he didn't know the chick then just get the **** away from her. Call security something. But oh no let's smack her around that will show everyone. Idiot.

Simmons is light yrs from this.

Ari Gold
01-31-2019, 10:55 PM
or Reuben Foster.... And Reuben didn't even smack dat gold diggin' ho....

Foster is a POS....

Tbonewannabe
01-31-2019, 11:36 PM
Hunt was a ****ing idiot. So if he didn't know the chick then just get the **** away from her. Call security something. But oh no let's smack her around that will show everyone. Idiot.

Simmons is light yrs from this.

Have you seen the entire video? Hunt pushed her down and barely touched her with his foot after she slapped him and called him a N*****. It was because she wasn't allowed into the party. He didn't know her so wouldn't let her in.

TUSK
02-01-2019, 12:00 AM
Foster is a POS....

Do not deny that... not one bit.

confucius say
02-01-2019, 08:39 AM

Got ya. Mixon then. Just think a distinction needs to be drawn between JS situation and domestic abusers.

ETA: was supposed to be a response to 7.

I seen it dawg
02-01-2019, 10:18 AM
Have you seen the entire video? Hunt pushed her down and barely touched her with his foot after she slapped him and called him a N*****. It was because she wasn't allowed into the party. He didn't know her so wouldn't let her in.

Yes. He's a ****ing dumbass for even engaging with the ho. And most likely the word triggered him moreso than a 98lb crack whore slapping him. Words hurt. Stupid.

Tbonewannabe
02-01-2019, 11:23 AM
Yes. He's a ****ing dumbass for even engaging with the ho. And most likely the word triggered him moreso than a 98lb crack whore slapping him. Words hurt. Stupid.

I agree, his friend probably saved his career by pulling him back before he did something really stupid. Professional athletes just have to understand that they are held to a higher standard than pretty much everyone else on the planet.