PDA

View Full Version : Mizzou Gets Post-Season Ban for 2019. Kelly Bryant?

ShotgunDawg
01-31-2019, 12:10 PM
Am I reading this right? What happens to Kelly Bryant?

https://twitter.com/DanWolken/status/1091020278967214081

msstate7
01-31-2019, 12:14 PM
Guess he will sit at home like the rest of them.

ShotgunDawg
01-31-2019, 12:15 PM
Guess he will sit at home like the rest of them.

I bet the NCAA allows him to transfer immediately.

Completely unfair to him & now he'll have an issue going through Spring practice.

msstate7
01-31-2019, 12:17 PM
I bet the NCAA allows him to transfer immediately.

Completely unfair to him & now he'll have an issue going through Spring practice.

Maybe. If the kid cared much about bowl games though, why'd he choose mizzou? Mizzou has a history of putting QBs in the nfl, and I bet this is why he went there. He no nfl QB though

Matty Dispatch
01-31-2019, 12:17 PM
If he skipped out on a national championship team then he's got two eyes squarely on the NFL, so there's probably a decent enough chance he'd skip the bowl game anyway.....which at Mizzou most likely would not have been a NY6....so I can't imagine him altering his decision apart from Dooley or some of the receivers jumping ship.

ShotgunDawg
01-31-2019, 12:18 PM
What I don't understand is that Mizzou basically got the same punishment as Ole Miss when doing far less. UNC basically did the same thing right? And got no penalty

Captain Falcon
01-31-2019, 12:31 PM
What I don't understand is that Mizzou basically got the same punishment as Ole Miss when doing far less. UNC basically did the same thing right? And got no penalty

Repeat offender status. They just had major NCAA sanctions for men’s basketball two years ago.

Johnson85

According to UNC, it had sham classes that were available to everybody. That seems believable to me as there are a lot of sham classes at most universities. There's were just particularly egregious because you supposedly didn't even have to show up or do any coursework.

Mizzou had a tutor doing work for football players. That's a benefit specifically to athletes.

This is only one bowl as opposed to two, so it is not what Ole Miss got, but if you ignore the pain of the investigation, it seems crazy that they got a bowl ban for this.

ETA: Read through and the penalties are way harsher than I realized. Guess it makes sense if it's for repeat offender status.

Really Clark?

Mizzou is under repeat offender. This tutor blew the whistle less than a year after the basketball team got put on probation. That made the penalties worse. And the school administration instructed the fraud as well.

UNC is way to deep to get into, and I don’t necessarily agree with the NCAA’s decision. But I do understand a big issues that was going to be litigated, that class was open to everyone. Everyone got the same benifit, athlete or not. And you can make a case that losing status with accreditation did as much to hurt the school as what the NCAA might have done. Still think some sort of sanctions was in order but that was a complicated deal.

HancockCountyDog
01-31-2019, 12:32 PM
This is a classic example of the NCAA hitting a school that doesn't make enough money for the NCAA.

This always scares the shit out of me, because if you think the NCAA wouldn't make an example out of us, youre nuts.

Beaver
01-31-2019, 12:34 PM

Yeahhhh this is crazy. It was literally one tutor that the NCAA found to have acted alone. She did class work for 12 athletes. And they got post season bans for 3 sports! Also scholly reductions, official/unofficial visit restrictions, and vacated records for games the athletes participated in... At least the tutor got a 10 year show cause**

deadheaddawg
01-31-2019, 12:35 PM
This is a classic example of the NCAA hitting a school that doesn't make enough money for the NCAA.

This always scares the shit out of me, because if you think the NCAA wouldn't make an example out of us, youre nuts.

So does that mean ole miss got hit hard or ole Miss didn't get hit hard because they make the NCAA a lot of money

msstate7
01-31-2019, 12:36 PM
Forget Bryant, will the ncaa let Jonathan Johnson (wr), Cale Garrett (lb), and Crockett (RB) transfer? All juniors and all very good players

Beaver
01-31-2019, 12:37 PM
Mizzou is under repeat offender. This tutor blew the whistle less than a year after the basketball team got put on probation. That made the penalties worse. And the school administration instructed the fraud as well.

Ah, repeat offender. That makes more sense. However, NCAA says tutor “felt pressured” but was not directly told to help the students.

MetEdDawg
01-31-2019, 12:37 PM
This should allow Kelly Bryant and any other senior to transfer and be immediately eligible correct?

msstate7
01-31-2019, 12:38 PM
This should allow Kelly Bryant and any other senior to transfer and be immediately eligible correct?

I'd rather have Johnson and Garrett than Bryant

Ari Gold
01-31-2019, 12:39 PM
Dear Mizzu
On behave of all the other SEC schools ... go back to the BIG12 .

HancockCountyDog
So does that mean ole miss got hit hard or ole Miss didn't get hit hard because they make the NCAA a lot of money

Wake me the next time they are bowl eligible and then you decide if they got hit hard or not.

Remember - the confederates it wasn't the sanction that killed them it was the process.

I seen it dawg
Hahahahahahahaha **** Bryant. He ****ed up. He should have listened to us. Have fun watching football on tv in December and January.

Bothrops
01-31-2019, 12:41 PM
Maybe he can re-enter the porta potty.

Really Clark?
01-31-2019, 12:43 PM
Ah, repeat offender. That makes more sense. However, NCAA says tutor “felt pressured” but was not directly told to help the students.

That’s semantics for the school to CYA. 3 sports list scholarships and bans, the penalties is not that if a lone wolf tutor engaging in fraud

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
01-31-2019, 12:45 PM
A friend from high school is a huge OM fan and was tutoring MSU student athletes here a few years ago. I was convinced he was gonna try something like this to sabotage us.

I seen it dawg
01-31-2019, 12:47 PM
Bryant had every opportunity to sign with us and Joe and staff went farther than we've seen in recruiting in last 10 years to get him. They did everything they could. Kid ****ed up made a bad decision. Live with it.

MetEdDawg
01-31-2019, 12:53 PM
I would rather have someone like Acy if they want to transfer out. Would fill a need at CB for next year for sure. Maybe another one.

Not sure if that could even happen, but there would be an opportunity for Missouri to lose some impactful juniors from this past season.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-31-2019, 01:17 PM
Hahahahahahahaha **** Bryant. He ****ed up. He should have listened to us. Have fun watching football on tv in December and January.

Why does everyone always assume players are all about the bowl game? I'm with msstate7, I think he has NFL on his mind and that's all.

KOdawg1
01-31-2019, 01:26 PM
Would Bryant have played in their bowl game, if they had one, anyway? I don't think it matters that much to him.

msstate7
01-31-2019, 01:29 PM
Would Bryant have played in their bowl game, if they had one, anyway? I don't think it matters that much to him.

Usually it's the sure fire nfl picks that skip the bowl. I don't think Bryant fits that bill at all. If he was on the nfl radar, I think he would go this year

Political Hack
01-31-2019, 02:10 PM
Academic tutor misconduct = 1 year

ACT fraud, improper benefits, coaches lying, players lying, boosters lying, cars, cash, bills being paid by school officials, etc... = 2 years.

If you're going in, you're better off going all in.

I seen it dawg
01-31-2019, 03:00 PM
Ding ding ding

I seen it dawg
01-31-2019, 03:03 PM
I get those opinions that Bryant didn't care about post season anyway...but...there are more than just him on the roster and most of them I bet cared. They won't play as hard and won't make Bryant's job easier hence making him not look as good potentially.

TUSK
01-31-2019, 03:18 PM
Academic tutor misconduct = 1 year

ACT fraud, improper benefits, coaches lying, players lying, boosters lying, cars, cash, bills being paid by school officials, etc... = 2 years.

If you're going in, you're better off going all in.

You left somethin' off your list:

https://youtu.be/4JWHk_ZSR5A

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-31-2019, 03:27 PM
Dear Mizzu
On behave of all the other SEC schools ... go back to the BIG12 .

They were so solid their first 2 years, shame that HC got cancer. But yeah they're pretty useless at everything now. NCState would fit in the SEC pretty well. Engineering school, done to earth blue collar fanbase, and in a new state. SC 'ain't letting Clemson in and UF ain't letting another Florida school in. Other NC school are elitist D bags. VT would fit but they're too far away

BuckyIsAB****
01-31-2019, 06:20 PM
You left somethin' off your list:

https://youtu.be/4JWHk_ZSR5A

Replace boats with chargers and you are about on track with you guys

Political Hack
01-31-2019, 06:26 PM
Tusk, State fans are prohibited from making fun of boats and ho's.