PDA

View Full Version : Here's some good news.... Ed O to get contract extension...

TUSK
01-30-2019, 06:59 PM
https://www.nola.com/lsu/2019/01/lsu-coach-ed-orgeron-to-receive-contract-extension.html

dawgday166
01-30-2019, 07:02 PM
Saban worked it behind the scenes. Probably made a large contribution to the boosters' fund raising efforts to do this. He knows if he can keep Ed O at LSU he can win. They ever get a good coach he be losing from there on out.

TUSK
01-30-2019, 07:09 PM
Saban worked it behind the scenes. Probably made a large contribution to the boosters' fund raising efforts to do this.

Yep.... you're welcome.

Rick Danko
01-30-2019, 07:21 PM
I?ve recently discovered contract extensions mean jack shit

dawgday166
01-30-2019, 07:26 PM
I?ve recently discovered contract extensions mean jack shit

Good post +1.

Lord McBuckethead
01-31-2019, 07:51 AM
Yeah, what the 17 do contracts mean in sports? How did Baker sign one and leave the same 17ing week. What did MSU get out of the deal, and explain to me why Bama didn't have to pay out the entire contract.

msstate7
01-31-2019, 07:53 AM
LSU doesn't have to worry about someone taking Ed O. I'm not taking a shot at him... he's where he wants to be

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-31-2019, 08:07 AM
Yeah, what the 17 do contracts mean in sports? How did Baker sign one and leave the same 17ing week. What did MSU get out of the deal, and explain to me why Bama didn't have to pay out the entire contract.

Contracts are a 1 way street. They raise the cost to poach the coach, that's it.

Bama doesn't have to pay his full contract because thats not what the contract said. Very few contracts are like that. You think a school would have to pay Florida $30M to hire Mullen? Florida would get a couple mil because that's what the contract says the get. I have no idea why it's like this but that's how it works

Gutter Cobreh
01-31-2019, 08:37 AM
Contracts are a 1 way street. They raise the cost to poach the coach, that's it.

Bama doesn't have to pay his full contract because thats not what the contract said. Very few contracts are like that. You think a school would have to pay Florida $30M to hire Mullen? Florida would get a couple mil because that's what the contract says the get. I have no idea why it's like this but that's how it works

Probably because indentured servants were done away with nearly 200 years ago... A contract is simply a work agreement that outlines the duties involved with the job.

sleepy dawg
01-31-2019, 10:15 AM
It might be time to give Ed a little bit more respect. Everyone has 0 expectations for him and treats him like a joke, yet he blew away expectations this year and goes out and wins 10 games and is recruiting at an even higher level. He might not win any National Championships, but he's not the same head coach who was at Ole Miss. He is going to have elite talent and has great assistant coaches. LSU is going to be a very tough team year in, year out with Ed running things.

msstate7
01-31-2019, 10:18 AM
It might be time to give Ed a little bit more respect. Everyone has 0 expectations for him and treats him like a joke, yet he blew away expectations this year and goes out and wins 10 games and is recruiting at an even higher level. He might not win any National Championships, but he's not the same head coach who was at Ole Miss. He is going to have elite talent and has great assistant coaches. LSU is going to be a very tough team year in, year out with Ed running things.

He had a chance to be a strong, strong contender but didn't go get Kendal briles. I'm a big believer in briles... expect a huge offensive jump for FSU this year

But yeah, Ed o was outstanding this year imo

Political Hack
01-31-2019, 10:48 AM
Ed O knows his weaknesses and he makes up for them by hiring great assistants.

smootness
01-31-2019, 10:54 AM
They ever get a good coach he be losing from there on out.

Huh?

Ari Gold
01-31-2019, 10:59 AM

Excellent post,
And may not be as warm and fuzzy as the Bammers and Aggies think .. Ed O won’t be Allowing that top talent to leave those state lines as easy as the other blue bloods would like
Looks like he is going to pull 9 of the top 10 instate..

Commercecomet24
01-31-2019, 11:25 AM

I agree with this. He's not the same as when he was at unm, he's learned from his mistakes. Still has some issues but he's covering for most of them. He's never gonna be a saban but he recruits a ton of talent and as Hack mentioned hires great assistants.

DownwardDawg
01-31-2019, 11:47 AM

I believe he will win a NC at LSU. His recruiting is outstanding and if he keeps strong assistants, hes gonna win it.

HancockCountyDog
01-31-2019, 11:48 AM
If he keeps recruiting the way he has been, it will be very difficult for him to screw it up.

I"m not saying he will make the playoffs, but with the way he is recruiting it would take Les Miles level incompetence to screw it up. Now Ed may get there, but he has surrounded himself with some solid staff.

msstate7
01-31-2019, 11:55 AM
LSU will replace him after this season with a recharged urban Meyer. Most likely won't happen; my first thought though when urban "retired" was he'd be at LSU or usc the 2020 season

ETA... it would be an absolute death sentence for us sandwiched between 2 of the best coaches ever, but how awesome would the sec west be with urban, saban, and jimbo

Matty Dispatch
01-31-2019, 12:24 PM
Coach O is 31-11 when not coaching OM. That includes cleaning up two messes.

smootness
01-31-2019, 12:43 PM
If he keeps recruiting the way he has been, it will be very difficult for him to screw it up.

I don't understand this. He's not recruiting any better than Miles did.

Matty Dispatch
01-31-2019, 02:25 PM
Over 11 full seasons, Miles averaged 10.1 wins per year. In 2 full seasons, Orgeron has averaged 9.5 wins. Small sample size, but people forget how much Miles won there. In some respect, Coach O is benefiting from doing better than low expectations for him.....where Miles had detractors because of the high expectations for him. But in reality Miles sustained a high level of winning over a long time which Coach O has barely reached.

tcdog70
01-31-2019, 02:54 PM
coach O has the best chance of any Coach to Beat Saban--Bammers will be laughing out their ass when O beats them.

TUSK
01-31-2019, 03:32 PM
coach O has the best chance of any Coach to Beat Saban--Bammers will be laughing out their ass when O beats them.

This. It'll be a while, but if O stays there long enough, keeps up the current recruiting success, gets him a rockstar QB, some good skill guys and an elite OL, and catches Bammer on an off year, it'll happen.

msstate7
01-31-2019, 03:43 PM
Jimbo more likely to beat Bama than O. Auburn is too... they did it last season

tcdog70
01-31-2019, 03:49 PM
Jimbo more likely to beat Bama than O. Auburn is too... they did it last season

and why do you think That? All LSU needs is a big time QB and I'll bet they get one soon. You would think that Jimbo is sitting pretty--but I still think LSU is the team that will beat Bammer---Right now Jimbo can't beat MSU. He ain't in the ACC ANYMORE.

msstate7
01-31-2019, 03:53 PM
and why do you think That? All LSU needs is a big time QB and I'll bet they get one soon. You would think that Jimbo is sitting pretty--but I still think LSU is the team that will beat Bammer---Right now Jimbo can't beat MSU. He ain't in the ACC ANYMORE.

He beat LSU though, didn't he?

We shall see how it all plays out; but jimbo has a ring and for all the Ed O recruiting love, he's looking up at jimbo

Commercecomet24
01-31-2019, 03:55 PM
This. It'll be a while, but if O stays there long enough, keeps up the current recruiting success, gets him a rockstar QB, some good skill guys and an elite OL, and catches Bammer on an off year, it'll happen.

lol you could say that about any of us!

TUSK
01-31-2019, 05:18 PM
lol you could say that about any of us!

Exactly.