PDA

View Full Version : Still think we're better than Ole miss?

CadaverDawg
10-19-2013, 09:46 PM
Wake up people. We're falling behind and our coach is laughing about it, and saying "we're happy to be 3-3".

Think recruits are liking this? Think they liked our 21-20 win over BG this much?

Wake the hell up you Mullen defenders. It is year 5....Freeze has destroyed his accomplishments in 2 years

Will James
10-19-2013, 09:48 PM
Agreed been saying this for a while. We ain't beating them.

Dawgface
10-19-2013, 09:50 PM
Nope. Haven't since they beat us last year.

MarketingBully01
We will beat them in Starkville. Mark it down.

BulldogBear
3rd thru 12th in SEC are on a "any given Saturday" level. This game tonight does not scare me. We'll have the edge in Starkville. With exception of Bama, Arkansas, and Kentucky, every other SEC squad ebbs and flows....is capable of both the upset and the stinker! Nothing has changed after today. It has only confirmed what I already thought, which is the first sentence in this post.

bocfarm
Would love to hear the ED Klan ole miss spin on this one

dawgoneyall
Coaching, coaching, coaching. Some can and some can't. We got a can't.

bocfarm
10-19-2013, 09:51 PM

Lol, god ur awful

preachermatt83
10-19-2013, 09:52 PM
Wake up people. We're falling behind and our coach is laughing about it, and saying "we're happy to be 3-3".

Think recruits are liking this? Think they liked our 21-20 win over BG this much?

Wake the hell up you Mullen defenders. It is year 5....Freeze has destroyed his accomplishments in 2 years

what is your solution.. while all the while some of us have been calling for Mullen's job you have constantly said you aren't ready to get rid of him.. so if not what is the answer... It we don't want to continue to fall behind OM we had better fire mullen as soon as the last snap of the season is snapped.

FlabLoser
10-19-2013, 09:52 PM
I think OM is better than us, but not by much. We are close to even.

The difference in the LSU games is that Zach and his WRs played their ass off against us. Yeah, we left them open some. But even when we covered them, he put the ball on a dime or threw it up and they jumped out of the stadium to catch it.

Zach played like shit against OM. It wasn't force either. Not like he was running for his life in the backfield.

But yeah it pissed me off the OM beat #6 and Mullen has zero signature wins at MSU.

CadaverDawg
10-19-2013, 09:53 PM
what is your solution.. while all the while some of us have been calling for Mullen's job you have constantly said you aren't ready to get rid of him.. so if not what is the answer... It we don't want to continue to fall behind OM we had better fire mullen as soon as the last snap of the season is snapped.

Fire his ass if he doesn't win 6+ this year

Boya
10-19-2013, 09:54 PM
Lol, god ur awful

You have 0 nuts..

cheewgumm
Yeah, no.

Agreed been saying this for a while. We ain't beating them.

preachermatt83
3rd thru 12th in SEC are on a "any given Saturday" level. This game tonight does not scare me. We'll have the edge in Starkville. With exception of Bama, Arkansas, and Kentucky, every other SEC squad ebbs and flows....is capable of both the upset and the stinker! Nothing has changed after today. It has only confirmed what I already thought, which is the first sentence in this post.

what in the world makes you think we are "capable of an upset" on anybody. How many times have we upset anyone under Mullen in his entire 5 years? Good Grief some state fans are almost as delusional as OM fans.

I seen it dawg
10-19-2013, 09:55 PM
Lol, god ur awful

You and Farmdawg are leaving

preachermatt83

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Todd4State
I think OM is better than us, but not by much. We are close to even.

The difference in the LSU games is that Zach and his WRs played their ass off against us. Yeah, we left them open some. But even when we covered them, he put the ball on a dime or threw it up and they jumped out of the stadium to catch it.

Zach played like shit against OM. It wasn't force either. Not like he was running for his life in the backfield.

But yeah it pissed me off the OM beat #6 and Mullen has zero signature wins at MSU.

No- you know what the REAL difference was? Our guys freaking quit. And that's unacceptable.

EnterpriseDawg
10-19-2013, 09:56 PM
I've grown tired over it all. Just a couple years ago people were calling OM a dumbster fire and how they were years behind. We all laughed at their hiring of Hugh (teeth) Freezus. And now we are falling behind and headed to the cellar of this conference. It should be as simple as this, IF Dan loses the Egg Bowl he needs to go. We have given him all the tools he needs and he has given nothing in return. Oh, and he can take the whole compliance office with him.

Behrdawg

Goodbye

Coach34
Little Brother Syndrome running rampant in this thread

Political Hack

the klan in ms gravitates to one school, and it ain't ours. take that shit to the spirit.

if OM beats us in the egg bowl, it's time for change. Until then, it's all speculative.

ShotgunDawg
10-19-2013, 09:59 PM

Cadaver, What is your goal with this agenda?

We get it.... You've said it 100 times. I not sure what you want people on this board to do. Ole Miss is a pretty good team, and they play really hard.

How about instead of the continuous exhaustive bitching, we find a way to motivate our own players to play this hard? We can bitch about our coaches all day, but, at the end of the day, our players have to make a decision that they are tired of this shit.

Tomorrow, I am going to start a petition on this board calling out the Mississippi State Football players to play their ass off for the rest of the season. There is no denying that OM's win tonight has put Dan in the cross-hairs, but instead of bitching and complaining, lets start threads on all the message boards tomorrow calling out the MSU football team and coaches and demanding that they coach and play their asses off for the final 6 games.

We need to demand pride and excellence in our program, but the bitching isn't getting it done.

Sorry if this sounds Genespage, but we can either be fountains or drains, and we as fans need to show our football team the expectation that we demand.

Next Thursday night and @ South Carolina, Dan Mullen is going to have to decide how much longer he wants to be a part of this football program, and we need to make sure everyone understand the expectation.

FFF

UM... THEY DID BEAT A TEAM WE LOST 52-26 TO... SO THERE'S THAT. AND THEY PLAYED THER ASSSES OFF DOING IT. WHENS THE LAST TIME WE PLAYED OUR ASS OFF? MICHIGAN?

Dawg61

Can't. Mullen hasn't been given significant raises for his assistants or had the opportunity to use the extra revenue from seating and the SECNetwork yet. He gets this year and next unless a complete collapse happens and it won't. Mullen is the biggest reason for the stadium being expanded right now. He'll get to enjoy it for atleast one season. I fully expect the assistants to get their salaries doubled in the off-season.

preachermatt83
10-19-2013, 10:01 PM

We get it.... You've said it 100 times. I not sure what you want people on this board to do. Ole Miss is a pretty good team, and they play really hard.

How about instead of the continuous exhaustive bitching, we find a way to motivate our own players to play this hard? We can bitch about our coaches all day, but, at the end of the day, our players have to make a decision that they are tired of this shit.

Tomorrow, I am going to start a petition on this board calling out the Mississippi State Football players to play their ass off for the rest of the season. There is no denying that OM's win tonight has put Dan in the cross-hairs, but instead of bitching and complaining, lets start threads on all the message boards tomorrow calling out the MSU football team and coaches and demanding that they coach and play their asses off for the final 6 games.

We need to demand pride and excellence in our program, but the bitching isn't getting it done.

Sorry if this sounds Genespage, but we can either be fountains or drains, and we as fans need to show our football team the expectation that we demand.

Next Thursday night and @ South Carolina, Dan Mullen is going to have to decide how much longer he wants to be a part of this football program, and we need to make sure everyone understand the expectation.

well you got that part right

CadaverDawg
10-19-2013, 10:02 PM

Yea, it does sound Genespageish. And have you not seen all of the people jumping my ass about being negative toward Mullen? I'm telling them to wake up. And I don't need you telling me to stop. If you don't agree, fine, but quit policing me. I have the program's best interest in mind, so if you want me to start "Rah Rah'ing" you're shit out of luck. I'm tired of our fan base accepting mediocrity and lack of effort by our team and coaches.

preachermatt83
10-19-2013, 10:03 PM
Can't. Mullen hasn't been given significant raises for his assistants or had the opportunity to use the extra revenue from seating and the SECNetwork yet. He gets this year and next unless a complete collapse happens and it won't. Mullen is the biggest reason for the stadium being expanded right now. He'll get to enjoy it for atleast one season. I fully expect the assistants to get their salaries doubled in the off-season.

surely you don't mean the current assistants?

CadaverDawg

Well by all means, if he helped build the stadium we can't fire him even if he sucks. TheMississpiiStateWay

Coach34
UM... THEY DID BEAT A TEAM WE LOST 52-26 TO... SO THERE'S THAT. AND THEY PLAYED THER ASSSES OFF DOING IT. WHENS THE LAST TIME WE PLAYED OUR ASS OFF? MICHIGAN?

Little Brother Syndrome

Big Brother did something good- so now you feel worse about yourself when we didnt even play today.

MarketingBully01
Exactly, we played well for three quarters then quit in the fourth. The LSU offense was rolling due to putting up 41 the previous week and their timing was impeccable. Les's brilliant idea against Florida of just running the football and scoring 17 points against Florida obviously ruined the timing between the QB and the receivers. If your strength is in the passing game, go to your strength and use that to open up the run. That is the key to their balance. It looked as if Les took over play calling duties last week and this week. Just my two cents though.

preachermatt83
10-19-2013, 10:04 PM
Yea, it does sound Genespageish. And have you not seen all of the people jumping my ass about being negative toward Mullen? I'm telling them to wake up. And I don't need you telling me to stop. If you don't agree, fine, but quit policing me. I have the program's best interest in mind, so if you want me to start "Rah Rah'ing" you're shit out of luck. I'm tired of our fan base accepting mediocrity and lack of effort by our team and coaches.

^^^ this... 1000 times this!!

ShotgunDawg
10-19-2013, 10:04 PM

So how does your rant help?

Have you ever coached, ran a team, or have any idea how counter productive stuff like this is?

Dawg61
10-19-2013, 10:05 PM
surely you don't mean the current assistants?

I expect a new OC so not all of the current ones.

Todd4State
10-19-2013, 10:05 PM

I believe it's Dan's job to motivate the players. Objectively, our lack of seniors hurts us with leadership IMO. That makes it more difficult the coaches- no doubt about that.

I 100% agree that we should and do demand pride and excellence in our program. But here's what sucks as a fan- a lot of us do demand excellence in whatever we do, and if we were the football coach at MSU, I think we would demand and deliver on that on personal level among all of us. But the sad reality is we have no control on Dan and we can't make him care. And that is extremely frustrating to watch from the stands- especially given what happened in Dan's first two years.

CadaverDawg
10-19-2013, 10:06 PM
I believe it's Dan's job to motivate the players. Objectively, our lack of seniors hurts us with leadership IMO. That makes it more difficult the coaches- no doubt about that.

I 100% agree that we should and do demand pride and excellence in our program. But here's what sucks as a fan- a lot of us do demand excellence in whatever we do, and if we were the football coach at MSU, I think we would demand and deliver on that on personal level among all of us. But the sad reality is we have no control on Dan and we can't make him care. And that is extremely frustrating to watch from the stands- especially given what happened in Dan's first two years.

EnterpriseDawg
10-19-2013, 10:07 PM

Why should the assistants get that much of a pay raise? I haven't seen shit that warrants that. I haven't seen a recruiting class that warrants that. I'm in the wrong profession if thats happens for that kind of production.

DownwardDawg
10-19-2013, 10:07 PM

Sigh.

CadaverDawg
10-19-2013, 10:08 PM
So how does your rant help?

Have you ever coached, ran a team, or have any idea how counter productive stuff like this is?

No Gene, but I have seen EFFORT all day from outmanned teams....EFFORT that I haven't seen in 2 years in Starkville. How does you standing in the background saying "all is well" and waving a Pom Pom as we beat BG by 1 help?

Dawg61
10-19-2013, 10:08 PM
Well by all means, if he helped build the stadium we can't fire him even if he sucks. TheMississpiiStateWay

He gets to play with the toy he built for atleast one season. He deserves that.

Will James
10-19-2013, 10:09 PM
If we want motivation and leadership give the damn car keys to Dak and let him lead. He's a natural at it and it would produce people playing their ass off for him.

BossDawg
10-19-2013, 10:09 PM
WE MUST GIVE MULLINZ ONE MORE YEAR TO FIX IT!!! Just one more year and I promise if he doesn't fix it we'll look into firing him!!!

CadaverDawg
10-19-2013, 10:10 PM
He gets to play with the toy he built for atleast one season. He deserves that.

Why? Is this about Mullen or our program? He can take his "we are happy to be 3-3" ass and go find a new toy to play with

Statecoachingblows**
10-19-2013, 10:12 PM
Then get a coach and hire him for the PR department tired of seeing his ass defended. Tonight had nothing and everything to do with him and the staff! Watching the end of last season and the first half of this season makes it hard to have much faith!! Love to see him right the ship and win out but that's not happening! "Pencil in" the loss to bama I'd gladly take that but come on he's far from the anointed god we all hoped for 5 years ago. It doesn't matter how many new facilities there are or what recruits we bring in if the guy leading them is ho hum glad to be 3-3 woo hoo!!

BulldogBear
10-19-2013, 10:13 PM
what in the world makes you think we are "capable of an upset" on anybody. How many times have we upset anyone under Mullen in his entire 5 years? Good Grief some state fans are almost as delusional as OM fans.

Oh, let's just quit then. Sure helped Grambling compete with Jackson State today. They almost pulled off the upset. Only lost 1-0

Dawg61
10-19-2013, 10:13 PM
Why should the assistants get that much of a pay raise? I haven't seen shit that warrants that. I haven't seen a recruiting class that warrants that. I'm in the wrong profession if thats happens for that kind of production.

Because you give Mullen an even playing field as best you can BEFORE you can justify firing him. Mullen doesn't have to retain ANY of his assistants if he doesn't want and he can use the increased budgeted salaries for any assistant upgrades he chooses. New OC needs to happen regardless if he wants it though.

BulldogBear
10-19-2013, 10:18 PM

This^ ...there is a lot of football left to be played and LSU will be 8-4. LSU is "down" or at least would be if it were MSU that had pulled of the upset instead of UMiss. Let them enjoy their win get overconfident. It was a mid-level SEC school winning over another one. Wait and see at the end of the season when nobody but Missouri and Alabama have a better record than 8-4. It's a dog eat dog year in the SEC if you'll pardon the expression

ShotgunDawg
10-19-2013, 10:19 PM
No Gene, but I have seen EFFORT all day from outmanned teams....EFFORT that I haven't seen in 2 years in Starkville. How does you standing in the background saying "all is well" and waving a Pom Pom as we beat BG by 1 help?

Nobody is saying all is well. We need to demand excellence, but what you are doing is really shitty and not in the best interest of our program. But you don't know any better because you don't know shit about coaching or running a team. So your only recourse is to want people fired, because you aren't smart enough to actually come other with a viable solution.

Not a pom pom waiver, just someone that wants our football team to play better and understands that firing everybody right now is retarded. So I'm trying to think of other ways.

EnterpriseDawg
10-19-2013, 10:19 PM
Because you give Mullen an even playing field as best you can BEFORE you can justify firing him. Mullen doesn't have to retain ANY of his assistants if he doesn't want and he can use the increased budgeted salaries for any assistant upgrades he chooses. New OC needs to happen regardless if he wants it though.

Well I do agree with you there. There better be some changes to this staff. The question is, if no changes are made, then what? Do you have faith in Mullen to make difficult decisions?

maroonmania
10-19-2013, 10:23 PM

And OM is loaded with SR leadership. NOT.

FFF
10-19-2013, 10:23 PM
Little Brother Syndrome

Big Brother did something good- so now you feel worse about yourself when we didnt even play today.

YUP CAUSE WE ALWAYS BEAT TOP 10 TEAMS (OR SHOW UP FOR THAT MATTER).

CadaverDawg
10-19-2013, 10:25 PM
Nobody is saying all is well. We need to demand excellence, but what you are doing is really shitty and not in the best interest of our program. But you don't know any better because you don't know shit about coaching or running a team. So your only recourse is to want people fired, because you aren't smart enough to actually come other with a viable solution.

Not a pom pom waiver, just someone that wants our football team to play better and understands that firing everybody right now is retarded. So I'm trying to think of other ways.

Dear Lord. This is a message board, get over yourself. If you have to be a former ****ing AD or SEC coach to comment, then the board will be empty. And yes, I'm doing more good than those that stand around saying "Go Team Go!!" While we are squeaking by BG and getting our doors blown off by any team with a pulse. I am pouring money, time, and energy into this program so I can say what I want. Don't like it, don't read. Or better yet, do some good yourself instead of monitoring what I'm saying. I don't need you playing hall monitor every time I make a damn post

Dawg61
10-19-2013, 10:25 PM
Well I do agree with you there. There better be some changes to this staff. The question is, if no changes are made, then what? Do you have faith in Mullen to make difficult decisions?

That's where Stricklin needs to grow a pair. New OC must happen. Don't care if Dan disagrees. If he refuses then by all means go get Hud but I really doubt Hud is an upgrade over a Mullen with 5 years of experience at this position. And a Mullen that will have an extra 20-30 million PER YEAR to play with starting NEXT YEAR!

ShotgunDawg
10-19-2013, 10:28 PM
Dear Lord. This is a message board, get over yourself. If you have to be a former ****ing AD or SEC coach to comment, then the board will be empty. And yes, I'm doing more good than those that stand around saying "Go Team Go!!" While we are squeaking by BG and getting our doors blown off by any team with a pulse. I am pouring money, time, and energy into this program so I can say what I want. Don't like it, don't read. Or better yet, do some good yourself instead of monitoring what I'm saying. I don't need you playing hall monitor every time I make a damn post

Your like the little league parent that thinks they know everything because you played baseball in the 9th grade. ****ing cancer

FFF
10-19-2013, 10:30 PM
Your like the little parent that thinks they know everything because you played baseball in the 9th grade. ****ing cancer

YUP HEAVEN FORBID WE HAVE OPINIONS AROUND HERE. ALL IN!!1!!

EnterpriseDawg
10-19-2013, 10:33 PM
That's where Stricklin needs to grow a pair. New OC must happen. Don't care if Dan disagrees. If he refuses then by all means go get Hud but I really doubt Hud is an upgrade over a Mullen with 5 years of experience at this position. And a Mullen that will have an extra 20-30 million PER YEAR to play with starting NEXT YEAR!

Will a new OC make that much of a difference? Hasn't it been said that Mullen does the play calling? I really don't care who the head coach is. I just want one who coaches like he has a pair and hires a staff that knows how to recruit.

CadaverDawg
10-19-2013, 10:40 PM
Your like the little league parent that thinks they know everything because you played baseball in the 9th grade. ****ing cancer

And you're like the Mommy that wants her kid to get a trophy even when he comes in last place. Get over yourself and get off my ass. If you think I'm the only one feeling this way, you aren't opening your eyes. Why don't you harass the other 100 people on here that feel the same way

cheewgumm
10-19-2013, 10:42 PM
that would translate into wins?

ShotgunDawg
10-19-2013, 10:43 PM
And you're like the Mommy that wants her kid to get a trophy even when he comes in last place. Get over yourself and get off my ass. If you think I'm the only one feeling this way, you aren't opening your eyes. Why don't you harass the other 100 people on here that feel the same way

Do you want Mullen fired? Yes or No

If yes, why?

If yes, who do you want to hire and why will they do a better job?

Please answer these questions, so I can accurately figure out what you want.

State82
10-19-2013, 10:44 PM

Your schtick is getting really old. Until now I have not interjected any comment, but give it a rest. You have no clue.

preachermatt83
10-19-2013, 10:45 PM

I think he's got a crush on you! hahahahaha!!

ShotgunDawg
Your schtick is getting really old. Until now I have not interjected any comment, but give it a rest. You have no clue.

How do you know I have no clue?

What have I ever posted that has insinuated that I have no clue?

Dawg61
that would translate into wins?

Do I really need to list ideas here for you? Use your imagination. Better yet what would YOU do with an extra 20 mill every year for your football team if you're Mullen?

State82
10-19-2013, 10:58 PM
How do you know I have no clue?

What have I ever posted that has insinuated that I have no clue?

Well, I could start by your describing another poster utilizing profanity and an ugly, deadly, terrible disease. But, whatever floats your boat. There is no law here against it.

ShotgunDawg
10-19-2013, 11:00 PM
Well, I could start by your describing another poster utilizing profanity and an ugly, deadly, terrible disease. But, whatever floats your boat. There is no law here against it.

oh, sorry. Didn't realize that was what you were talking about.

cheewgumm
10-19-2013, 11:04 PM
Pay some WRs.

Do I really need to list ideas here for you? Use your imagination. Better yet what would YOU do with an extra 20 mill every year for your football team if you're Mullen?

Dawg61
10-19-2013, 11:20 PM
Good job! Now you've got 19.8 mill more to spend and you've already improved MSU by 1-2 wins.

Todd4State
10-19-2013, 11:46 PM
And OM is loaded with SR leadership. NOT.

They have 26 seniors compared to our what- 13? I'm going by rosters here- so it includes walk-ons.

Cameron Whigam, Evan Swindall, D T Shackelford, Jeff Scott, Charles Sawyer, Andrew Ritter, Korvic Neat, Emmanuel McCray, Brishen Matthews, Mike Marry, Ja-Mes Logan, Patrick Junen, Jordan Holder, Jared Duke, Dehendret Collins, and Brunetti are all guys that contribute for them.

We have Denico Autry, Dylan Holley, Gabe Jackson, LaDarius Perkins, Tyler Russell, Charles Siddoway, Deontae Skinner, Baker Swedenberg and Nikoe Whitley contributing for us.

TheRef
10-19-2013, 11:54 PM
This thread

http://firehousezen.com/files/2012/08/Dumpster-Fire.jpg

msstate7
10-20-2013, 12:36 AM
They have 26 seniors compared to our what- 13? I'm going by rosters here- so it includes walk-ons.

Cameron Whigam, Evan Swindall, D T Shackelford, Jeff Scott, Charles Sawyer, Andrew Ritter, Korvic Neat, Emmanuel McCray, Brishen Matthews, Mike Marry, Ja-Mes Logan, Patrick Junen, Jordan Holder, Jared Duke, Dehendret Collins, and Brunetti are all guys that contribute for them.

We have Denico Autry, Dylan Holley, Gabe Jackson, LaDarius Perkins, Tyler Russell, Charles Siddoway, Deontae Skinner, Baker Swedenberg and Nikoe Whitley contributing for us.

The sad part is we'd probably be better on defense is Whitley and Autry were just role players. They kill us at times. I'd rather see Autry only on passing downs and Whitley in dime package

Relf2.0
10-20-2013, 12:48 AM
We'll be favored to beat them by 13 come thanks giving

EnterpriseDawg
10-20-2013, 01:12 AM

Lol

Five-tool Poster
10-20-2013, 01:29 AM
Korvic Neat is still at OM?

RougeDawg
10-20-2013, 04:51 AM

Im not defending Mullen. He needs a do or die letter from strick. But I do know our players do not want a repeat of last year. We have more talent and the game is in Starkville.

As far as Mullen, he needs to wake up or get the **** out of the saddle. He's got 6 games to change my opinion but right now I say let him go

DownwardDawg
10-20-2013, 06:01 AM

Hahahaha!!!!

smootness
03-16-2017, 07:58 AM
While we're bumping old threads, hey, remember this one?

louisvilledawg
03-16-2017, 08:05 AM

https://media.giphy.com/media/GbPru204dTDfG/giphy.gif

bhamdawgfan
03-16-2017, 08:33 AM

https://media1.giphy.com/media/vWDrezW0rMjmM/200.gif

Turfdawg67
03-16-2017, 08:43 AM
Same ole bitchin', from the same ole people.

SaintDawg
03-16-2017, 09:04 AM
Damn the poor mouthin' - I wasn't on the board then but we all remember what happened. Dak came in and saved the Egg Bowl and then had his coming out party at the Liberty Bowl vs Rice.

Ari Gold
03-16-2017, 09:13 AM
Ouch.... I th?nk it's safe to say Mullen wins.. Mullen > Hugh

shannondawg
03-16-2017, 09:15 AM
Damm , I was thinking it was the 1st of April, until I saw the dates.

Reason2succeed
03-16-2017, 09:27 AM
That is one vicious bump.

lamont
03-16-2017, 09:36 AM
Was a great finish that season after a ton of injuries. I remember C34 telling everyone we were going to win the last 2 games and go to a bowl.

CadaverDawg
03-16-2017, 01:50 PM
I would bump the ones where I admitted I was wrong, but I don't really give a shit tbh