PDA

View Full Version : JT Ginn preseason All American - Have we ever had a true freshman make that?

Tbonewannabe
01-30-2019, 12:22 PM
I don't remember any true freshman being on a preseason All American list in any sport.

Ginn was also labeled with best fastball. I think it was Baseball America.

I talked to his former travel ball coach and he said if he gets the first strike on a batter then the guy was done. Slider is so nasty that it was rarely touched. Sounds similar to Jacob Lindgren.

Commercecomet24
01-30-2019, 12:47 PM
I believe he's the first preseason All American ever by Baseball America. At least that's what his dad told me. Yeah if you get in a breaking ball count with JT you're done.

BigEasyDawg
01-30-2019, 03:25 PM
Im so ready for baseball season.

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-30-2019, 03:42 PM
Foxhaul has such a great track record of producing low team ERA's I can't imagine he won't do the same with our talent. Similarly the hitters got su much better as last year went on I can't wait to see what Jake G did this offseason.

I'm so pumped. I really think a national seed is likely

Political Hack
01-30-2019, 04:01 PM
I've been ready for baseball since the football team boarded the bus leaving Lexington.

Tbonewannabe
01-30-2019, 05:08 PM
I've been ready for baseball since the football team boarded the bus leaving Lexington.

Slightly true for myself. Sitting in the rain getting harassed by a couple of dickheads in front of us made the game less enjoyable. I will say that I did enjoy Auburn, A&M, and UM this year. I haven't been very pumped up about Men's basketball in a while so I kind of partially pay attention.

Of course I got engaged at Dudy Noble so it has a special place in my heart.

AlSwearengen
01-30-2019, 05:36 PM
I read someplace recently that he was throwing 94 with hard sink and arm side run. I hope that was an accurate account from whoever wrote it. I haven’t seen anything mentioned about his other pitches though.

BuckyIsAB****
01-30-2019, 07:44 PM
He is the best player I have ever seen at Brandon HS and its not close. He struck out Ealy when they played last year then after he got done pitching went to SS and hit a bomb. Ealy was legit too though he hit one to the elementary school, and if you havent been to Mark Vinson field just know thats a long way from the plate

Commercecomet24
01-30-2019, 11:44 PM
I read someplace recently that he was throwing 94 with hard sink and arm side run. I hope that was an accurate account from whoever wrote it. I haven?t seen anything mentioned about his other pitches though.

JT throws a 2 seam and it has big time run on it. Rarely throws a 4 seam(never threw one in hs) Fastball runs in hard on a righty and then he has that nasty slider that comes in looking like a fastball then explodes away. You anticipate that fastball in and get the slider exploding away or vice/versa and you got some nasty stuff. He's not even throwing 100% yet. He's gonna be a good one.