PDA

View Full Version : 5-5 in sec next Sunday

msstate7
01-30-2019, 10:12 AM
This was my goal starting this week. Next 3 are at OM, LSU, and Kentucky. If we wanna be a tourney team, we need to go 2-1. Kentucky is one of the best 5 teams in the country right now, so I don't see us winning that one. We pretty much need to win the om and LSU games

gtowndawg
01-30-2019, 10:21 AM
I was watching TNT (NBA) show with Charles Barkley and crew last week. Talking about the Timberwolves Barley said "they have no identity and no passion." I thought that was a great description for this team. For the life of me I don't understand how we really aren't better than last year even with better players added and more experience.

Dawgology
01-30-2019, 10:21 AM
This was my goal starting this week. Next 3 are at OM, LSU, and Kentucky. If we wanna be a tourney team, we need to go 2-1. Kentucky is one of the best 5 teams in the country right now, so I don't see us winning that one. We pretty much need to win the om and LSU games

We MIGHT go 1-2 if we are lucky. I think the most likely outcome is 0-3. I think we finish about 8-10 in the SEC honestly. I see nothing so far to indicate otherwise. And that is only if we play our best ball in the games we "should" win. I can see us slipping to 7-11 or going up to 9-9. I don't think an 10 win SEC season is going to happen for us. Not with this team and this coaching.

msstate7
01-30-2019, 10:25 AM
We MIGHT go 1-2 if we are lucky. I think the most likely outcome is 0-3. I think we finish about 8-10 in the SEC honestly. I see nothing so far to indicate otherwise. And that is only if we play our best ball in the games we "should" win. I can see us slipping to 7-11 or going up to 9-9. I don't think an 10 win SEC season is going to happen for us. Not with this team and this coaching.

I think that's a pretty bleak outlook. I think we beat om Saturday. I'm not sure what to expect vs LSU. I see perry and Woodard getting better every game... they'll help us win some games

Cooterpoot
01-30-2019, 10:41 AM
We aren't beating KY or LSU. Doubtful at best @OM. 0-3 is very plausible.

Dawgology
01-30-2019, 10:52 AM
I think that's a pretty bleak outlook. I think we beat om Saturday. I'm not sure what to expect vs LSU. I see perry and Woodard getting better every game... they'll help us win some games

They get better but will our coach play them or continue shuffling Ado and Holman out there to watch people dunk around them.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-30-2019, 11:09 AM
2-1

MarketingBully
01-30-2019, 11:13 AM
2-1

I think so too and I think we see Woodard and Perry starting Saturday. I think Holman and Ado coming off the bench gives us the better chance of winning. Down the stretch last year, Holman played his best basketball coming off the bench.

sleepy dawg
01-30-2019, 11:14 AM

We're still in okay position. We can afford to lose some games and make the tourney. Even if we get swept in those 3, we aren't done. We're still 26th in the NET rankings.

We're 3-2 in quadrant 1 with no quadrant 4 losses. We've got a little bit of wiggle room to make the tourney, but we need some other teams to do just as good as much as we need to do good. If Cincinnati, Auburn, and Wofford remain top 30 in the NET rankings we're set up nicely. If they all drop out, our resume starts to look weaker.

StarkVegasSteve
01-30-2019, 11:20 AM
If Perry and Woodard start then there's no reason this team can't win all three. If Holman and Ado start then there's no reason we won't lose all three. Howland's decision on Perry and Woodard vs. Holman and Ado is going to end up defining the season. IMO after USCe Perry has been an absolute monster for us. Woodard shows flashes, but isn't given enough playing time to really make a difference, but when he's in there his motor is running 100% of the time.

msstate7
01-30-2019, 11:22 AM
If Perry and Woodard start then there's no reason this team can't win all three. If Holman and Ado start then there's no reason we won't lose all three. Howland's decision on Perry and Woodard vs. Holman and Ado is going to end up defining the season. IMO after USCe Perry has been an absolute monster for us. Woodard shows flashes, but isn't given enough playing time to really make a difference, but when he's in there his motor is running 100% of the time.

Maybe the first 2. I think Kentucky is as good as anyone right now. I think Kentucky is close to passing tenn for the top spot in the sec. 2/16 Kentucky at tenn is gonna be one hell of a game

Irondawg
01-30-2019, 11:24 AM
How bad is Nick hurt?

msstate7
01-30-2019, 11:25 AM
How bad is Nick hurt?

Yeah, this is pretty important question when predicting this stretch

Tbonewannabe
01-30-2019, 12:26 PM
The team that played Auburn (2-1 or 3-0). The team that played last night (1-2 or 0-3). This team is so Jekyll and Hyde that you don't know what they will look like until the game is going. They tried to turn it on at the end of the game but just ran out of time. They can't dig a hole like that and expect to beat anyone in the SEC.

Dawgology
01-30-2019, 12:59 PM
The team that played Auburn (2-1 or 3-0). The team that played last night (1-2 or 0-3). This team is so Jekyll and Hyde that you don't know what they will look like until the game is going. They tried to turn it on at the end of the game but just ran out of time. They can't dig a hole like that and expect to beat anyone in the SEC.

I agree with most here. Perry and/or Woodard need to get the start. You can put in Ado and Holman when they need a rest. What happens is the lack of offensive productivity from Ado (0 shots taken in at least two games) puts us way behind in points and then we have to play from a deficit. It's bad coaching.

Cooterpoot
01-30-2019, 01:01 PM
Howland ain't sitting Holman.

StarkVegasSteve
01-30-2019, 01:10 PM
Howland ain't sitting Holman.

You're probably correct. I just fail to see why at this point. His ineptness on defense far outweighs any positive he gives you on the other end.

Lord McBuckethead
01-30-2019, 08:35 PM
Not to mention, never going to zone when teams are shooting dog shit %. Our slow switch defense down low is why Bama beat us. That and no free throws.

msstate7
02-02-2019, 05:50 PM
Alright 1 down. Find a way to at least split this week, and we gonna dance