PDA

View Full Version : Start the freshman, it?s time

Rayburn8
01-29-2019, 10:51 PM
Ado is okay, but Holman has been awful.

Perry will be the best player on our team by season?s end. He and Woodard are better than Holman and Ado. The freshman are the only reason we got back in that game.

Start Perry and Woodard, run a 4 out around Perry and center the offense around his post game and passing out to our shooter.

msugolf
01-29-2019, 10:53 PM

Perry will be the best player on our team by season?s end. He and Woodard are better than Holman and Ado. The freshman are the only reason we got back in that game.

Start Perry and Woodard, run a 4 out around Perry and center the offense around his post game and passing out to our shooter.

I agree but I don?t think Howland has the balls to do that. Hes a shell from his Pitt days

Dawg61
01-29-2019, 11:36 PM
Lamar
Tyson
Q
Woodard
Perry

While Nick is hurt (hopefully not serious) this is the 5 I'd start. Ado is a good shot blocker but he's constantly lost and very confused and timid on offense. Holman is our worst player most of the time. He has a beautiful stroke and every once in awhile he makes a great play but his poor play and defense hurts us more than he helps it seems. I love Woodard and Perry.

Dawg61
01-29-2019, 11:40 PM
I agree but I don?t think Howland has the balls to do that. Hes a shell from his Pitt days

Does anyone in the MSU fanbase actually really know this though? I seriously doubt many if any of us was watching Howland and Pitt very closely 15 years ago. Something tells me he had a lot of players that resembled Perry & Woodard. His two freshman here are studs and they are both physical presences on the court. If he starts filling out the roster with players like these two we'll resemble tough Pitt teams real quick.

Dawgcap
01-29-2019, 11:45 PM

Seriously, we have strengths with all 4. Those strengths aren’t being utilized. Instead of limiting to 2 maybe figure out how to coach the game multiple ways in 1 game. Why be predictable. Change up and use the bigs for the talent they have instead of cookie cutter coaching each big to play man on D.

louisvilledawg
01-30-2019, 09:05 AM
Lamar
Tyson
Q
Woodard
Perry

While Nick is hurt (hopefully not serious) this is the 5 I'd start. Ado is a good shot blocker but he's constantly lost and very confused and timid on offense. Holman is our worst player most of the time. He has a beautiful stroke and every once in awhile he makes a great play but his poor play and defense hurts us more than he helps it seems. I love Woodard and Perry.

Holman hasn't helped on defense since 'nam

Maroonthirteen
01-30-2019, 09:18 AM
Pat Bradley said it best last night, Perry is a McDonalds All American and we have not heard much from
Him up to this point.

Why Ben? Why....?

Political Hack
01-30-2019, 09:23 AM
You go offense/defense with Perry/Ado the entire game. If we want to play that hi-lo set on offense, teach Woodard the 4 spot. He can defend better than Holman already, so the only thing we lose is a few inches of height on that high post.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-30-2019, 09:47 AM
it's been time

Covercorner2
01-30-2019, 09:55 AM
Lamar
Tyson
Q
Woodard
Perry

Lamar
Q
Woodard
Perry
Ado

msstate7
01-30-2019, 10:00 AM
Lamar
Q
Woodard
Perry
Ado

If we can guard the 2, I'm with you.

Prentis
01-30-2019, 11:43 AM
Lamar
Q
Woodard
Perry
Ado

Lamar
Carter
Woodard
Perry
Ado

Q, and Nick first off the bench.

Covercorner2
01-30-2019, 01:42 PM
Lamar
Carter
Woodard
Perry
Ado

Q, and Nick first off the bench.

Leave your most consistent player on the bench? OK

Dawg61
01-30-2019, 02:09 PM
Lamar
Q
Woodard
Perry
Ado

On second thought I like this lineup better than the one I initially posted. This lineup gives us a size and/or athletic advantage at all 5 positions against almost all teams not named Tennessee or Kentucky.

Political Hack
01-30-2019, 02:11 PM
Lamar
Q
Woodard
Perry
Ado

This would be our most dynamic lineup. With Nick hurt, now's the time to do it.

hopsondawg22
01-30-2019, 02:26 PM
This is a perfect time in the season for a line-up shakeup. Do it Howland.

Scared_Hitless
01-30-2019, 02:43 PM
I dont care if Ado and Holman both hit the bench one offers zero defensively and one offers zero offensively. Give me the freshman at the 4 and 5 and deal with getting big manned when it happens. They both play with more effort and tenacity than the upper class men. If I have to watch Holman sag into the paint and his guy hit an open 3 or if I have to watch Ado with his limp fingers drop another perfect pass from Lamar I am going to have serious mental issues.