PDA

View Full Version : Alliance of American football

msstate7
01-29-2019, 05:39 PM
Anyone gonna watch? I'm thinking of watching a Memphis express game.

BhamDawg205
01-29-2019, 06:35 PM
Bham Iron since their local for me. Plus MSU players

timotheus
01-29-2019, 06:54 PM
Should be some fun stuff.

Dawg61
01-29-2019, 06:55 PM
Doubt I watch. I have nothing against it I just enjoy the 7 month break from football each year. I love baseball and golf and it's their time each year during those months for me.

msstate7
01-29-2019, 06:58 PM
Doubt I watch. I have nothing against it I just enjoy the 7 month break from football each year. I love baseball and golf and it's their time each year during those months for me.

I can understand this. I realize there would be heat concerns, but it seems the most optimum time for the season is right before college football starts

MzTerry
01-29-2019, 06:59 PM
Anyone gonna watch? I'm thinking of watching a Memphis express game.

yep, I'm w/ BhamDawg - Iron are local and have 5 or 6 MSU guys (final cuts are 2/1, I'm sure all won't make it).

fader2103
01-29-2019, 07:00 PM
I will watch it but I don't like how the league makes teams select players based on a region of their college choice.

BhamDawg205
01-29-2019, 07:25 PM
I will watch it but I don't like how the league makes teams select players based on a region of their college choice.

I actually like the concept. It helps ppl buy in, because they can go see some of the players the saw playing at their favorite NCAA team... It may suck if your team is pulling from say Big East or slow Big 10 region.

BuckyIsAB****
01-29-2019, 07:50 PM
When does it start and what channel

msstate7
01-29-2019, 07:57 PM
When does it start and what channel

"The AAF will debut with one game on CBS. One game per week will also air on CBS Sports Network, while the remaining games will be available to stream through the league?s app. Live fantasy play will also be integrated into the broadcasts. The Championship Game, set for the weekend of April 26-28, 2019, will also air on CBS"

https://fbschedules.com/alliance-of-american-football-releases-2019-schedule/

RocketDawg
01-29-2019, 08:09 PM
"The AAF will debut with one game on CBS. One game per week will also air on CBS Sports Network, while the remaining games will be available to stream through the league?s app. Live fantasy play will also be integrated into the broadcasts. The Championship Game, set for the weekend of April 26-28, 2019, will also air on CBS"

https://fbschedules.com/alliance-of-american-football-releases-2019-schedule/

Is it supposed to be on tonight? I just checked the local CBS schedule and didn't see a FB game on. There's something about the Super Bowl, then at 8 the State of the Union address. CBS Sports Network has a basketball game on.

msudawg1200
01-29-2019, 08:25 PM
Debuts next Saturday night

Jack Lambert
01-29-2019, 10:38 PM

I am usually the same way but I have not watched much NFL this season so I am still hungry. I hope it takes off.

RocketDawg
01-29-2019, 10:50 PM
Debuts next Saturday night

Ah, thanks. Don't know if I'll watch or not. If they come out with a two-colored football and a Dicker Rod or some other gimmicks I don't think I will.

I doubt the league makes it more than a year or two.

CarolinaDawgs
01-30-2019, 05:02 PM
Me and buddys decided to go to all the Memphis home games for no other reason than to drink and tailgate

RougeDawg
01-30-2019, 05:06 PM
Either way, the league has perfect timing. People are sick of the NFL for multiple reasons. From rigged officiating to anti American players, the American public has been voting on the nfl with their remotes. I personally love making those clowns suffer.

That being said I?ll record the games at the least to give them a ratings boost. Similar to my Sunday alternative sports recordings during nfl games I may watch later.

Tbonewannabe
01-30-2019, 05:13 PM
If the tickets are cheap enough, I might hit up an Atlanta Legends game. I also might try to catch it on TV. I did see the Birmingham team has several MSU players on it which makes it more interesting.