PDA

View Full Version : Running back recruits

Rick Danko
01-29-2019, 03:59 PM
I know we are still in this years cycle, but looking at next year, if Hill has a monster year which he is capable of and bolts early, who the hell have we got coming in to pick up the slack. I know we all hope Walker lives up to his High School hype, but who is the 2020 running back we are looking at that can be the next big thing

Todd4State
01-29-2019, 04:03 PM
I think Witherspoon is underrated and I think Gibson is solid.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-29-2019, 04:04 PM
Jo'Quavious Marks is who I'm hoping.

Hambone
01-29-2019, 04:07 PM
Gibson will be a senior this year

Tbonewannabe
01-29-2019, 04:11 PM
I think Witherspoon is underrated and I think Gibson is solid.

How did this guy fly under the radar? He is averaging almost 20 yards per carry and broke several state records. Is 4A just full of slow white boys?

Todd4State
01-29-2019, 04:15 PM
How did this guy fly under the radar? He is averaging almost 20 yards per carry and broke several state records. Is 4A just full of slow white boys?

I believe he started football late and he didn't do all the camps. Four star caliber talent with a three star rating.

MetEdDawg
01-29-2019, 04:17 PM

Alabama 4A isn't overly competitive. Decent teams but doesn't have that known competition that 5A through 7A have always had to compare yourself to. It's the 4th highest division in AL (we go up to 7A now). They beat the brakes off everyone they played until they got to the playoffs. Lost early.

As an added note, I believe every one of the top 13 prospects in the state of Alabama for 2019 are 6A or 7A players. Think 16 or 17 of the Top 20 are 6A or 7A. State of Alabama has always had a high classification bias. Not as much research is done on the smaller schools like in MS even though there is some top notch talent in the lower levels.

Really Clark?
01-29-2019, 04:24 PM
I believe he started football late and he didn't do all the camps. Four star caliber talent with a three star rating.

First year at RB. Been a CB prior

Tbonewannabe
01-29-2019, 04:37 PM

That is some Dicenzo Miller level stats but Dicenzo did that in 2A. Wasn't he a track guy also or am I thinking of someone else? Seems like Moorhead is all about speed.

Cooterpoot
01-29-2019, 04:55 PM
Going to have to really hunt hard for RBs next round. Not much in MS. Wish Mullen could've pulled Jarveon Howard but we quit him when he flirted around with other offers (got some bad advice). We took a kid that couldn't qualify instead. Huff killed us here too. Likely miss on Marks and Tyree now.

Dawg61
01-29-2019, 05:09 PM

Too old**

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/u3PcrLn4BdI/maxresdefault.jpg

tcdog70
01-29-2019, 05:22 PM
That is some Dicenzo Miller level stats but Dicenzo did that in 2A. Wasn't he a track guy also or am I thinking of someone else? Seems like Moorhead is all about speed.

Weir was 1A.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-29-2019, 06:02 PM

Weighs in about 175 lbs.

Rick Danko
01-29-2019, 06:14 PM
My intention is not to bash a recruit, but if the RB from Alabama is our hope for the future, I?m skeptical. We have got to get a back who can handle the pounding of SEC, hard time seeing that from a guy that small.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-29-2019, 06:22 PM
Weighs in about 175 lbs.

He's 190lbs right now the plan is to be at 200lbs by summer enrollment.

chef dixon
01-29-2019, 06:26 PM

Hopefully wasn?t married to Huff

msbulldog
01-29-2019, 08:13 PM

It was Huff that valued speed above all else in a running back, he was quoted several times. That's probably the reason Hill got way more carries than a 1100 yd proven RB.

Ari Gold
01-29-2019, 08:19 PM
I said it in another thread
Mullen and Knox really recruited this position poorly the last 3 years

Bothrops
01-29-2019, 11:46 PM

Couldn't be any slower than MAIS

CadaverDawg
01-30-2019, 12:27 AM
I said it in another thread
Mullen and Knox really recruited this position poorly the last 3 years

How would you rate Moorhead's so far? We have a project 3 star and a transfer. Not disagreeing about Mullen & Co, but the Saquon boys aren't lighting it up so far either. Much like his offense...I kinda expected RB to be one bright spot early in recruiting. So far...not much from either.

Pit Bull
01-30-2019, 02:12 AM
What about the Michigan transfer? Can he play next year or does he have to sit out one? Think his name is Kareem Walker.

Todd4State
01-30-2019, 02:24 AM
What about the Michigan transfer? Can he play next year or does he have to sit out one? Think his name is Kareem Walker.

He should be able to play this year. And I think he has three left. At least two.

Todd4State
01-30-2019, 02:33 AM
How would you rate Moorhead's so far? We have a project 3 star and a transfer. Not disagreeing about Mullen & Co, but the Saquon boys aren't lighting it up so far either. Much like his offense...I kinda expected RB to be one bright spot early in recruiting. So far...not much from either.

I'd say Witherspoon was a good pick up. We'll see on Ealy. And then we'll see how the MLB draft goes. Walker is a gamble but a decent one to take at this point.

The main issue with our RB situation with Dan is the same one with the OL situation- too many classes where we didn't sign enough. The only running back to make it to campus the last three classes for Dan was Kylin Hill. Zero is 2016, one (Hill) in 17, and one that didn't make it to Starkville in 18 who I thought was undersized anyway. As of now Joe RB group aren't world beaters and have some questions but at least he has two and is obviously at least attempting to address the need. We need Ealy to play football for us, get four star at least next year and depending on how we look with Ealy and Walker we may have to go the JUCO route or get a transfer.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-30-2019, 07:30 AM

He’s been in JC this school year, so if he takes care of academics he should be eleigible to play this fall....

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-30-2019, 09:49 AM

now that's funny. You think he just grew up a MSU fan.....

Cary Hudson's little bro
01-30-2019, 10:28 AM
Kareem Walker will be 3rd string this year. Kylin has proven to be injury prone so Walker will likely play a good bit with Nick Gibson