PDA

View Full Version : Will Ole Miss ever play in the SECCG?

Political Hack
01-29-2019, 02:49 PM
Ever? I'm beginning to think not.

TUSK
01-29-2019, 03:08 PM

I dunno... But they sure came close not that long ago... I still cackle about it for a few reasons....

https://youtu.be/bbyEGY72V6I

Political Hack
01-29-2019, 03:19 PM
There is no gold more pure than that.

TUSK
01-29-2019, 03:29 PM
There is no gold more pure than that.

Dude, I was sittin' there watchin' that... I was bummed... knowing that the Bammer Dynasty was dead (much like it is right now), and to top it off OM was going to the SECCG.... Bummed.

Then I saw that lateral come fluttering to the ground and Collins standing there, lookin' up at it........... I smiled.

Todd4State
01-29-2019, 04:06 PM
Without excessively paying players and probably having to vacate it because of probation? No.

DownwardDawg
01-29-2019, 04:36 PM
Dude, I was sittin' there watchin' that... I was bummed... knowing that the Bammer Dynasty was dead (much like it is right now), and to top it off OM was going to the SECCG.... Bummed.

Then I saw that lateral come fluttering to the ground and Collins standing there, lookin' up at it........... I smiled.

Me too. The instant he picked it up, I stood up and said “uh oh”!!!!! With a giant smile on my face.

Lord McBuckethead
01-29-2019, 05:33 PM
That was a good play.

Political Hack
01-29-2019, 07:02 PM

One of my best friends is a huge ole miss fan. He'd been talking so much smack and when that happened I just couldn't stop laughing. Didn't say a single word... just laughed.

They're so far behind now I just wonder if they're ever gonna catch up. Talent is gone. Coaches are gone (only retreads or loyalists left). The Ath department is being run by a WWE wanna-be. And the NCAA and SEC are obviously on to their game. I just don't think they'll ever make up the gap without a huge surge in talent, which can't happen without them paying kids. Nobody wants to play for "the south will rise again" or "slow Dixie" or the "rebels." That refusal to let go of their old south culitural icons will be their end imo.

ShotgunDawg
01-29-2019, 07:31 PM
I'm gonna say no because I believe the SECCG has a limited life span.

With the playoff no doubt expanding in the next 5-10 years, it's gonna put pressure on schools to drop the title game. Once that happens, OM's window will close

TUSK
01-29-2019, 07:36 PM
With the playoff no doubt expanding in the next 5-10 years, it's gonna put pressure on schools to drop the title game

I hope you're right... I'm alllllll for it.

confucius say
01-29-2019, 08:08 PM

Do people realize that even had om beaten ark they still had to beat a 9-3 LSU team and a 8-4 state team. Nobody watching that game was thinking, this seals the West right here.
They would have choked against LSU or state just like they choked against ark.

Maroonthirteen
01-29-2019, 11:38 PM
My thoughts on OMs failure to make the SECCG

https://youtu.be/ynbqA7tS4eg

Todd4State
01-29-2019, 11:52 PM
I'm gonna say no because I believe the SECCG has a limited life span.

With the playoff no doubt expanding in the next 5-10 years, it's gonna put pressure on schools to drop the title game. Once that happens, OM's window will close

I don't think so. There is too much money in the conference championship games for them to go back on it whether or not the playoffs expand. If you play a 12 game regular season + 1 championship game and then make it to the finals an 8 team playoff which would be + 3 more games that comes out to 16 games. That's only one more than the max now.

Jarius
01-30-2019, 10:46 AM
Forever is a long ass time. They will make it one day.

Dawgology
01-30-2019, 10:54 AM

no

99jc
01-30-2019, 04:50 PM
no

I think the Burning issue is will we ever get back with Slowmo in Charge.

CarolinaDawgs
01-30-2019, 05:01 PM
I was watching with some of my RebBearShark friends and oh buddy lemme tell you the shit eating grin I had