PDA

View Full Version : Lemonis WTVA interview transcript - MAJOR OMMISION

The Federalist Engineer
01-29-2019, 05:45 AM
Link:

https://www.wtva.com/content/sports/Mississippi-State-baseball-holds-media-day-504932052.html

SEC starters are Small, TBA, and TBA

Could be cute coach speak to keep people competing but for a 2nd interview no mention of Christian MacLeod

What the heck?

Leeshouldveflanked
01-29-2019, 06:01 AM
I don’t think MacLeod has pitched yet this Spring in any capacity.

BulldogDX55
01-29-2019, 09:49 AM
Link:

https://www.wtva.com/content/sports/Mississippi-State-baseball-holds-media-day-504932052.html

SEC starters are Small, TBA, and TBA

Could be cute coach speak to keep people competing but for a 2nd interview no mention of Christian MacLeod

What the heck?

Could easily mean that they are deciding if they want Ginn on Saturday or Sunday. I'd go Sunday so he can bat on Friday and Saturday.

AlSwearengen
01-29-2019, 10:37 AM
Check out MS Baseball Fan on facebook. He has been going to the scrimmages. He said Macleod has been sick. Yesterday, several of our left handers pitched and didn’t do so well. I was hoping Breaux would come around but he didn’t have a very good outing yesterday. Just one day though and they could have been doing situational stuff or something strange that gives the hitter an advantage.

Sounds like we have a group of pitchers that give up almost nothing and a group that gives up ALOT. Not much in between going by stats alone.

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-29-2019, 10:42 AM
So if MacLeod gets health and turns into our only good left hander, do we think that puts him out of the weekend rotation battle? Seems to me like youd want a good lefty in the pen for situational stuff, but if you do that you're sacrificing whatever extra innings you'd get with him starting vs relieving

The Federalist Engineer
01-29-2019, 11:46 AM
So if MacLeod gets health and turns into our only good left hander, do we think that puts him out of the weekend rotation battle? Seems to me like youd want a good lefty in the pen for situational stuff, but if you do that you're sacrificing whatever extra innings you'd get with him starting vs relieving

I think Eagan is the new Zach Neff this year.

But that said, left and right stuff is disputed philosophy. 2013 UCLA won a title with no lefty and using basically just 4 pitchers down the stretch

Costal Carolina basically used 4 hot hands and no situational lefty.

AlSwearengen
01-29-2019, 12:22 PM
Without going back and looking, there was one lefty that did well. May have been Eagan.

ETA: It was JP Elkins that had good numbers. 2 K’s in his inning of work.

preachermatt83
01-29-2019, 12:25 PM
Barlow did well

preachermatt83
01-29-2019, 12:25 PM
Our weekend will be Small, Ginn, and James. James is absolutely filthy right now.

The Federalist Engineer
01-29-2019, 12:34 PM
Barlow did well

Barlow has gotten two Cape invites and many of kids that he outranked as a Tennessee HS prospect have been drafted, some very high

Be nice for this light to come on

I seen it dawg
01-29-2019, 03:24 PM
I kept telling people last year just be patient with James...if he is our Sunday guy we are gonna **** some people up

AlSwearengen
01-29-2019, 04:07 PM
I kept telling people last year just be patient with James...if he is our Sunday guy we are gonna **** some people up

Yeah, James had nasty stuff at the end last year. His command was a little off at times but that was to be expected. If he has good command, we are going to have a pretty solid weekend rotation.