PDA

View Full Version : Damn I thought MSU had a bye week

Dawg61
10-19-2013, 09:26 PM
some of y'all are shitting on Mullen so hard you'd think we are Arkansas right now. Cheewgumm cancel your Internet for the night please.

CadaverDawg
10-19-2013, 09:28 PM
some of y'all are shitting on Mullen so hard you'd think we are Arkansas right now. Cheewgumm cancel your Internet for the night please.

Well, after a day of watching teams with less talent out play and out coach better opponents...it really puts things in perspective, since we never do either

Dawg61
10-19-2013, 09:32 PM
Well, after a day of watching teams with less talent out play and out coach better opponents...it really puts things in perspective, since we never do either

You see doom I see USC lose their QB to injury, aTm has a hurt JFF and zero defense, UOM is so decimated on DL they are starting a true fr walk-on. Just by these teams playing and sustaining so many injuries MSU's chances to beat all 3 have gone up. We can win 5 more SEC games this year. 8-4 overall 5-3 SEC is still alive.

cheewgumm
10-19-2013, 09:33 PM
Haha...ok, I'lll lay off. I've bitched enough for one night.

RougeDawg
10-19-2013, 09:35 PM

Bingo. Been saying this for a couple years. Dan is complacent and content in his current position. The on field product surely shows this.

TopDog58
10-19-2013, 09:37 PM
You see doom I see USC lose their QB to injury, aTm has a hurt JFF and zero defense, UOM is so decimated on DL they are starting a true fr walk-on. Just by these teams playing and sustaining so many injuries MSU's chances to beat all 3 have gone up. We can win 5 more SEC games this year. 8-4 overall 5-3 SEC is still alive.

LOL sure. We won't be competitive in Columbia or College Station.

maroonmania
10-19-2013, 09:39 PM

Well I'm just jealous. Heck, even if OM loses this game I'm wondering how it would feel like as an MSU fan to actually come down to the last minute of a game 2 weeks in a row against a good BCS conference team with an actual chance to win.

Dawg61
10-19-2013, 09:40 PM
LOL sure. We won't be competitive in Columbia or College Station.

Did you watch USC? They didn't impress at all save Clowney and now they might of lost Shaw. aTm gave up over 600 yards to Auburn in College Station. 600 YARDS!!!

civildawg
10-19-2013, 09:41 PM

This is spot on.

Will James
10-19-2013, 09:44 PM
Well I'm just jealous. Heck, even if OM loses this game I'm wondering how it would feel like as an MSU fan to actually come down to the last minute of a game 2 weeks in a row against a good BCS conference team with an actual chance to win.

Yep I want some of that pie

Statecoachingblows**
10-19-2013, 09:46 PM
Injuries being the only reason to have a chance says it all

TopDog58
10-19-2013, 09:49 PM
Did you watch USC? They didn't impress at all save Clowney and now they might of lost Shaw. aTm gave up over 600 yards to Auburn in College Station. 600 YARDS!!!

Yes. I also sat in DWS and watched JFF run circles around our defensive ends and linebackers. We will give up 600+ as well. We lose both by 20+.

Behrdawg
10-19-2013, 09:51 PM

Dude...you are totally missing the point or just dont understand. Do you have any idea what this kind of win for them does to us? Do you have any idea what their coach has done in just 20 games that our coach hasnt done yet in 5 years?

edited to add: they did this with a THIN defense. They had 5 starters out. They had 3rd string defense in...and how did they win? Cause Freeze had a gameplan and he knows how to execute it.

Will James
10-19-2013, 09:51 PM
I remember the "It's time" campaign leading up to LSU. That seems very comical now.

cheewgumm
10-19-2013, 09:52 PM
The good news is next year our schedule turns around, so we should win 7.

Look out UT Martin.....your ass is grass!!!

hahahhaha

dawgoneyall
10-19-2013, 09:56 PM
Did you see the second half of the BG game?

A coach afraid to lose is a loser.

smootness
10-19-2013, 09:57 PM
I received quite a bit of disagreement when I claimed earlier in the year that most of the 'Mullen has to go' talk was solely driven from our panic over Freeze. Tonight proves it is true.

Maroonthirteen
10-19-2013, 10:01 PM
No way in hell. I don't care if USC and aTM lose more players, we ain't winning.

UK probably and Ark maybe....enjoy Thanksgiving with the family.

Coach34
10-19-2013, 10:01 PM
I received quite a bit of disagreement when I claimed earlier in the year that most of the 'Mullen has to go' talk was solely driven from our panic over Freeze. Tonight proves it is true.

Was there ever any doubt?

cheewgumm
10-19-2013, 10:04 PM
It should be. It directly afffects us. It's logical.

maroonmania
10-19-2013, 10:08 PM

OM showing vast improvement is certainly a factor but our 1 win in our last 8 tries against BCS competition is a much bigger factor. Thank goodness for John L Smith I guess.

smootness
10-19-2013, 10:12 PM
It should be. It directly afffects us. It's logical.

I understand the argument, just saying that tons of people tried to claim it had nothing to do with Freeze.

They will cool off. If you think Ole Miss will be on a straight arrow going up, you're kidding yourself. They'll have a decent recruiting class this year but won't pull in anything like last year, and they will stop getting quite as much attention. Then the focus will come back to the on-field product, which is improved but not great. Freeze still has a ways to go to prove to me that he is any kind of long-term stud.

Nutt looked pretty good for a while, too, and he did a lot more than Freeze (I know he had some more talent initially to work with, but we'll see soon if Freeze can turn some of the talent into true success).

Bucky Dog
10-19-2013, 10:53 PM

So we lost to a 6-1 Auburn team, who just beat aTm,on the last play of the game. We outplayed them the entire night. We hold OSU to lowest total of season and yeah our offense was anemic. And we actually went toe to toe with LSU for 3 quarters and just had a shitty fourth quarter. Not pumping sunshine here but some of you guys need to just chill the **** out!

Will James
10-19-2013, 10:57 PM
So we lost to a 6-1 Auburn team, who just beat aTm,on the last play of the game. We outplayed them the entire night. We hold OSU to lowest total of season and yeah our offense was anemic. And we actually went toe to toe with LSU for 3 quarters and just had a shitty fourth quarter. Not pumping sunshine here but some of you guys need to just chill the **** out!

Who cares if we got blasted by every team with a pulse last year. 8 winzzzzzz

CadaverDawg
10-19-2013, 10:59 PM

You're ignoring the fact that we had Auburn beat until our head coach went conservative and BLEW IT. We had all off season to prepare for OSU, and put up a whopping 3'points, even with our offensive genius head coach. And yes we played with LSU for 3 quarters before giving up 28 UNANSWERED IN THE 4TH!

Those are pretty important facts to leave out. But hey, it wouldn't be the MSU way if we didn't find a moral victory in 3 losses.

And for those acting like it's all about ole Miss and what they did....it's not. It's the fact that all day we watched lesser teams outplay and out coach better teams, with lower tenured coaches, while we still can't even be competitive against elite teams. And not only that, our coach is laughing about it and saying "we're happy to be 3-3". That shit doesn't sit well with me, and if any of you have a competitive bone in your body it shouldn't sit well with you either.

MarketingBully01
10-19-2013, 11:12 PM
Sigh, and every one sans LSU had major injuries. LSU had the Les syndrome and just didn't show up. USC lost their do everything QB. Johnny Football had major arm issues. Georgia is so injured I think Kentucky could beat them if it was at Kentucky. Florida has issues on the DL and lost their starting QB for the season.

LSU didn't play for 2.5 quarters for whatever reason. These are all big recipes for big time upsets. I still say we beat Kentucky on Thursday for a 4-3 record and will beat Arkansas and Ole Miss to go at least 6-6. If Shaw is slowed or can't go for USC I think we beat them as well to still go 7-5 for the season. That would put us going 4-2 down the stretch with losses to Alabama and A&M. All today showed me is that injuries and not playing up to your potential can cause huge upsets on any given day. That is all it said. Of course that is my opinion. I think a lot of people could see this stuff coming from a mile away.

That Ole Miss win against LSU could end up costing them as well as they now completely have no defense. The weaknesses in that offense are still there. Dumbo Les just didn't exploit those either.

msstate7
10-19-2013, 11:16 PM
You're ignoring the fact that we had Auburn beat until our head coach went conservative and BLEW IT. We had all off season to prepare for OSU, and put up a whopping 3'points, even with our offensive genius head coach. And yes we played with LSU for 3 quarters before giving up 28 UNANSWERED IN THE 4TH!

Those are pretty important facts to leave out. But hey, it wouldn't be the MSU way if we didn't find a moral victory in 3 losses.

And for those acting like it's all about ole Miss and what they did....it's not. It's the fact that all day we watched lesser teams outplay and out coach better teams, with lower tenured coaches, while we still can't even be competitive against elite teams. And not only that, our coach is laughing about it and saying "we're happy to be 3-3". That shit doesn't sit well with me, and if any of you have a competitive bone in your body it shouldn't sit well with you either.

I'm not saying I like Dans approach in the 2nd half of auburn game, but if dak makes a little better throw or Lewis makes a tough catch, we win. Marshall threw a pass to himself that led to a fg. We are very unlucky as times. Look at Zach met throwing like Peyton manning vs us. The breaks are gonna turn our way sometime this year and we're gonna beat someone we shouldn't.

FFF
10-19-2013, 11:47 PM
I'm not saying I like Dans approach in the 2nd half of auburn game, but if dak makes a little better throw or Lewis makes a tough catch, we win. Marshall threw a pass to himself that led to a fg. We are very unlucky as times. Look at Zach met throwing like Peyton manning vs us. The breaks are gonna turn our way sometime this year and we're gonna beat someone we shouldn't.

I highly doubt we beat someone we shouldn't. We haven't done that in the past 4 years.... why would that change now? it's the same story... we beat the teams we should beat and get absolutely destroyed by the teams who are favored. It's been that way since Mullen got here.

Dawg61
10-20-2013, 12:00 AM
I highly doubt we beat someone we shouldn't. We haven't done that in the past 4 years.... why would that change now? it's the same story... we beat the teams we should beat and get absolutely destroyed by the teams who are favored. It's been that way since Mullen got here.

Yup and that's a hell of a lot better than Croom. That's what y'all are fighting. Most of the fanbase still has the terribleness that was Croom fresh in their memories. I know I still do. If you were to ask give me on the day we lost to La. Tech would I take a coach that will never lose when he's not supposed to, get me to a bowl game every season, beat Ole Miss 3 out of 4 tries, build the stadium to 70,000 and have me ranked at some point 3 out of every 5 years I would say ABSO****INGLUTELY!

EnterpriseDawg
10-20-2013, 12:09 AM
Yup and that's a hell of a lot better than Croom. That's what y'all are fighting. Most of the fanbase still has the terribleness that was Croom fresh in their memories. I know I still do. If you were to ask give me on the day we lost to La. Tech would I take a coach that will never lose when he's not supposed to, get me to a bowl game every season, beat Ole Miss 3 out of 4 tries, build the stadium to 70,000 and have me ranked at some point 3 out of every 5 years I would say ABSO****INGLUTELY!

I get what you're saying, but the problem that I see is we failed to build upon that and now seem to be losing traction. Do we bring someone to build upon what momentum we have left or wait to till Mullen leaves the program how he found it

Dawg61
10-20-2013, 12:32 AM
All of what I said about Mullen is currently happening. We haven't missed a bowl game and we haven't lost to UOM this year yet y'all are acting like we have just because UOM won today. It's really ridiculous.

EnterpriseDawg
10-20-2013, 01:09 AM
All of what I said about Mullen is currently happening. We haven't missed a bowl game and we haven't lost to UOM this year yet y'all are acting like we have just because UOM won today. It's really ridiculous.

Maybe it will end up ridiculous and I pray I'm wrong, but I haven't seen enough from this team to give me hope of three more wins. It's just frustrating to me, because most said it takes a while to build a good program and yet our rival and newly added team to our conference did it in two years. I was a Dan supporter at the beginning of the season, but I'm tired of waiting on him to figure it out. I'm tired of his below par recruiting classes. If after five years he hasn't figured it out I have little faith that he will.