PDA

View Full Version : Hot Take ... Baker and Huff.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-28-2019, 07:31 PM
Dreamland and Baumhower?s are way overrated. In over 25 years of traveling the south for business I have found Dreamland (Tuscaloosa) and Baumhower?s to be both average at best....I have had gas station ribs in Holly Springs and New Albany better than Dreamland and all I can taste at Baumhower?s is salt, vinegar and red pepper(mostly salt) on Baumhower?s wings....(avg cost is $1.50 a wing)....

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-28-2019, 07:47 PM
Geezus....who cares?

Cat Duck
01-28-2019, 08:25 PM
Well quit giving your cash to those homer Alabama alumni in that case

Skydawg1
01-28-2019, 09:19 PM
Most Alabama cooking is pathetic.

TNDawg35
01-28-2019, 09:35 PM

Your right. Their “home cooking” tends to 17 is out of wins...

Mjoelner34
01-28-2019, 10:41 PM
Never been to Baumhower's but as far as Dreamland goes, Petty's and Dooey's run circles around them and back in the day, Sonny's torched all 3.

TimberBeast
01-28-2019, 11:31 PM
Dreamland and Baumhower?s are way overrated. In over 25 years of traveling the south for business I have found Dreamland (Tuscaloosa) and Baumhower?s to be both average at best....I have had gas station ribs in Holly Springs and New Albany better than Dreamland and all I can taste at Baumhower?s is salt, vinegar and red pepper(mostly salt) on Baumhower?s wings....(avg cost is $1.50 a wing)....

I’ve been to the old Dreamland several years ago and to be honest I don’t remember much about the ribs so they must not have been anything special. However, I disagree with you on Baumhower’s wings. I had them back in August in Tuscaloosa and I thought they were damn good.

TUSK
01-29-2019, 01:10 AM

I resent that assertion...

In Pickens County, I'm known as an excellent cook!

https://amp.businessinsider.com/images/5550bf476da811c41e7dced7-750-560.jpg

BhamDawg205
01-29-2019, 01:54 AM
I resent that assertion...

In Pickens County, I'm known as an excellent cook!

https://amp.businessinsider.com/images/5550bf476da811c41e7dced7-750-560.jpg

Jasper, AL (Walker County) begs to differ...

tcdog70
01-29-2019, 09:33 AM
Archibalds in Tuscaloosa is better than Dreamland--all Bama folks will tell you that

viverlibre
01-29-2019, 10:04 AM
Never been to Baumhower's but as far as Dreamland goes, Petty's and Dooey's run circles around them and back in the day, Sonny's torched all 3.

Blind taste test and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between Dreamland and Dooy's, I've had both recently.

Political Hack
01-29-2019, 11:20 AM
The dreamland chain is awful. Been to a few and haven't had a good one yet. The original in T-town is better than the others, but all they serve is ribs and rib sandwiches. Limited menu, but at least it's tasty. The chain dreamlands over cook their meat. Always dried out. Sauce doesn't stand out either. I like the white bread tho.

TUSK
01-29-2019, 01:40 PM
The dreamland chain is awful. Been to a few and haven't had a good one yet. The original in T-town is better than the others, but all they serve is ribs and rib sandwiches. Limited menu, but at least it's tasty. The chain dreamlands over cook their meat. Always dried out. Sauce doesn't stand out either. I like the white bread tho.

Yeppers... Dreamland was a victim of their success... I've been back to the original, too... and it didn't seem the same...

In the 80s & early 90s, their product was outstanding and arguably the best anywhere around... if you asked for Coke to drink, they brought you a can of coke... Slice of bread... and you could watch the old dude sit in front of his old school oven cookin...

Political Hack
01-29-2019, 02:54 PM
Yeppers... Dreamland was a victim of their success... I've been back to the original, too... and it didn't seem the same...

In the 80s & early 90s, their product was outstanding and arguably the best anywhere around... if you asked for Coke to drink, they brought you a can of coke... Slice of bread... and you could watch the old dude sit in front of his old school oven cookin...

I've only been once several years ago. Worth the trip just to see where it started and get the atmosphere. Little Dooeys and Pettys in Starkville are both better imo. That's not a knock against Dreamland though. They've obviously been way more successful from a business standpoint, but their product became saturated at some point.