PDA

View Full Version : So four of the Refs in the Saints vs Rams game live in California.

Jack Lambert
01-28-2019, 10:19 AM
NFL is not much smarter then the SEC. It really is a bad look for the NFL.

vv83
01-28-2019, 10:32 AM
What does this have to do with anything?

msstate7
01-28-2019, 10:38 AM
What does this have to do with anything?

Nfl removed Brian Stropolo (NOLA resident) from officiating saints-panthers game in 2012.

msstate7
01-28-2019, 10:46 AM
This is a strong post from a saints' fan...

"The NFL is financing up to a billion dollars toward the Los Angeles Stadium that will host the Rams and the Chargers. The NFL is moving all of it's media division including the NFL Network to the Los Angeles Stadium. Suite and premium ticket sales (Single seats have licensing fees up to $100,000) began in August of last year and are NOT selling well. The NFL assigns FOUR Los Angeles area officials to officiate the NFC Championship where the Los Angeles team plays the Saints. The commissioner has already shown an animosity toward the Saints. These officials are ALL involved in not throwing a flag on what many are calling the worst blown call in American sports history. And folks wonder why Saints' fans feel like there is something untoward going on?"

Ifyouonlyknew
01-28-2019, 10:56 AM
Tell Drew Brees not to throw an interception in overtime. The call was horrendous 1 of the worst I've ever seen but let's not act like the Saints still didn't have a chance to go out & win the game afterwards. Everybody complained about it being unfair that Mahomes didn't get the ball in OT vs the Patriots. Brees & the Saints did & choked it away. It's been over a week, the mourning period is over. Stop Bitching!!

msstate7
01-28-2019, 10:59 AM
Tell Drew Brees not to throw an interception in overtime. The call was horrendous 1 of the worst I've ever seen but let's not act like the Saints still didn't have a chance to go out & win the game afterwards. Everybody complained about it being unfair that Mahomes didn't get the ball in OT vs the Patriots. Brees & the Saints did & choked it away. It's been over a week, the mourning period is over. Stop Bitching!!

Here's the int...

https://i.postimg.cc/pLXRnfcq/6-DB510-DB-B1-E0-4-D4-D-9364-70-E41155-D869.jpg (https://postimages.org/)top 100 muslim baby names (https://treetop100babynames.com/islamic-baby-names-girls)

When did that become legal?

And oh, Adam Schefter wrote the article about the LA officials... this isn't just saints' fans

ETA... lol @ post image throwing the top 100 Muslim baby names link in there

parabrave
01-28-2019, 11:02 AM
And the side/field judge played for the Rams.

vv83
01-28-2019, 11:21 AM

They won't mention the missed blatant facemask on Jared Goff in the 4th. Rams would of had the ball on the 1 with Gurley and Anderson.. no way they don't score and go up 24-20 there. Yes the missed PI call was bad, but it wasn't the only one. Goes both ways. Saints fans are going to hold onto this one as long as possible because they know Drew looked done in the second half of this season and they're in cap hell for 2019

vv83
01-28-2019, 11:24 AM
Nfl removed Brian Stropolo (NOLA resident) from officiating saints-panthers game in 2012.

I'm a Panther's fan so I actually remember this. If I recall right he was a replacement ref during the lockout and ESPN found some old pics of him wearing a Saints jersey or something and it blew up. Not saying it's right, but I think him being a lockout ref and not full time probably had more to do with this

msstate7
01-28-2019, 11:26 AM
They won't mention the missed blatant facemask on Jared Goff in the 4th. Rams would of had the ball on the 1 with Gurley and Anderson.. no way they don't score and go up 24-20 there. Yes the missed PI call was bad, but it wasn't the only one. Goes both ways. Saints fans are going to hold onto this one as long as possible because they know Drew looked done in the second half of this season and they're in cap hell for 2019

I'll ban bet you right now saints finish ahead of panthers in standing next season. You up?

ETA... I don't wanna go and I don't want you to go, so let's just do a signature bet. Winner picks loser's signature till beginning of 2020 nfl season

vv83
01-28-2019, 11:48 AM
I'll ban bet you right now saints finish ahead of panthers in standing next season. You up?

ETA... I don't wanna go and I don't want you to go, so let's just do a signature bet. Winner picks loser's signature till beginning of 2020 nfl season

I'll pass because we're gonna be trash next year. Cam's shoulder is shot, he had surgery last week so there's talk of sitting him the season

msstate7
01-28-2019, 12:05 PM
Saints offseason...
Resign brees
Let Ingram walk and get Kareem hunt (zero fricks to give)
Sign golden Tate or Adan humphries
Sign jimmy graham after packers cut him
Use remaining money or 2nd round pick on olineman.

GreenheadDawg
01-28-2019, 12:15 PM
Saints offseason...
Resign brees
Let Ingram walk and get Kareem hunt (zero fricks to give)
Sign golden Tate or Adan humphries
Sign jimmy graham after packers cut him
Use remaining money or 2nd round pick on olineman.

I’ll sign on for all of this.

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-28-2019, 12:21 PM

Right, sure the Siants beat the Rams once, but they technically had a chance to beat time a 2nd time and didn't, so nobody should be upset

I hate this line of logic. Teams shouldn't have to win multiple times. Teams shouldn't have to repeat a victory as many times as the refs desire

vv83
01-28-2019, 12:37 PM
Right, sure the Siants beat the Rams once, but they technically had a chance to beat time a 2nd time and didn't, so nobody should be upset

I hate this line of logic. Teams shouldn't have to win multiple times. Teams shouldn't have to repeat a victory as many times as the refs desire

Are you really saying because the Saint's won a tight game in the regular season they shouldn't have had to replay in the playoffs?

1bigdawg
01-28-2019, 12:51 PM
Are you really saying because the Saint's won a tight game in the regular season they shouldn't have had to replay in the playoffs?

I think he is saying the Saints "won" in regulation and should not have to win it again in overtime. JMO

confucius say
01-28-2019, 01:02 PM

How was that facemask? The incidental face mask rule was abolished. You can rake your hand across the face mask all day and it is no penalty. Only if you close your hand (grab) and twist, turn, or pull/push is it a facemask penalty according to the rule.

vv83
01-28-2019, 01:31 PM
How was that facemask? The incidental face mask rule was abolished. You can rake your hand across the face mask all day and it is no penalty. Only if you close your hand (grab) and twist, turn, or pull/push is it a facemask penalty according to the rule.

Any contact to the head of a QB is a 15 yard penalty this year. Hell even getting close and not even touching (see Chris Jones) can get you flagged

msstate7
01-28-2019, 01:38 PM
2019 season futures to win super bowl:
Chiefs 7/1
Rams and saints 8/1
Pats 10/1
Bears 14/1

Vegas doesn't see the saints going anywhere

WSOPdawg
01-28-2019, 01:56 PM

C'mon, IYOK. You're better than that. Brees' int in overtime NEVER occurs if the refs do their jobs. Saints bleed the clock down and kick the game winning FG from inside the 5 with no time left. No OT... simply egregious what the refs did (and the NFL allowed).

confucius say
01-28-2019, 02:02 PM
Any contact to the head of a QB is a 15 yard penalty this year. Hell even getting close and not even touching (see Chris Jones) can get you flagged

That would not be a facemask. Would be unnecessary roughness-contact with helmet of a qb. Only applies in pocket and in passing position no?

Bigedawg
01-28-2019, 02:08 PM
Mike Pereira and Dean Blandino both said that that was a no call and incidental contact as Goff was running and not in the pocket. Blow to head on Brees' interception should have been called but who cares at this point. It is too painful to revisit.

Jack Lambert
01-28-2019, 06:22 PM
who cares at this point.

A lot of people and this isn't going away.