PDA

View Full Version : Why not Bracewell here?

CadaverDawg
04-14-2013, 03:27 PM
?

Coach34
04-14-2013, 03:32 PM
no idea- looks like Cohen has no confidence in anyone but Mitchell and Holder right now. We're just going to pitch the shit out of them

CadaverDawg
04-14-2013, 03:37 PM
no idea- looks like Cohen has no confidence in anyone but Mitchell and Holder right now. We're just going to pitch the shit out of them

Yea, this is the type of game where you have to build that depth a little bit. I really didn't like going with Ross first out of the pen, because they have damn near all right handed hitters. I thought we should have gone with Bracewell behind Lindgren. But especially after Ross, I figured it would be him.

We need to get Holder out of there, and let Bracewell finish it.

mic
04-14-2013, 03:55 PM
Up 9-0 you go with a righty there for sure.. no need for Mitchell there and no need for holder with a 9-5 lead when you have to get 9 outs.. Have him ready but you have to trust some of our other guys there.. except for Gentry.
and no need in trying to bunt Rae up 9-5 with 2 on no out..
To me this is one of Cohens worst managed games yet. We have played the last few innnings like we had a 1 or 2 run lead ..

msstate7
04-14-2013, 04:16 PM
15-4 and holder in!!! This is ridiculous

mic
04-14-2013, 04:19 PM
I defend our Caoches alot and rip our fans for being so negative, second guessing and most of the time just having no clue...
But yall can fire away at Cohen after this game. And whats so funny we won by double digits..

maroonmania
04-14-2013, 04:22 PM
Would have been the perfect time to give Cox, Woodruff or EMitchell an inning of SEC work.

msstate7
04-14-2013, 04:29 PM
Would have been the perfect time to give Cox, Woodruff or EMitchell an inning of SEC work.

Exactly. We being gentry in bases loaded key situations, but not there? We pitched 5 pitchers this weekend and had 2 comfortable wins. Wasted opportunity for working some pitchers

Todd4State
04-14-2013, 04:29 PM
I think that 4 run inning where we lost focus spooked Cohen, and he wanted to make damn sure we didn't blow it. Still would have liked to see some guys like Gentry get in.

CadaverDawg
04-14-2013, 04:32 PM
I think that 4 run inning where we lost focus spooked Cohen, and he wanted to make damn sure we didn't blow it. Still would have liked to see some guys like Gentry get in.

Yea, and much like Msstate7 said, we could have let Evan Mitchell come in and closed out the 8th and 9th to see what he could do. He throws gas, and can be dominant if he's on....it MIT just be that he is most effective in a closing situation. We'll never know unless we try in situations like today with a 11 run lead in the 9th. Another head scratcher by Cohen.

But I will take a road sweep any way we can get one!

maroonmania
04-14-2013, 04:33 PM

Yea, but we took the lead from 5 runs back out to 11 runs. That SHOULD have unspooked him. Don't want to wear out Holder's arm, still a lot of season left.

Coach34
04-14-2013, 04:34 PM
We needed Bracewell or Evan to get an inning in- just a shitty decision not letting one of those guys finish it

mic
04-14-2013, 04:36 PM
We needed Bracewell or Evan to get an inning in- just a shitty decision not letting one of those guys finish it

AGREE... Esp with no mid week game this week..

Todd4State
04-14-2013, 05:43 PM
It should have unspooked him, but it apparently didn't. I agree we should have used more guys. But I also kind of understand where they are coming from. Especially with it being a road game.