PDA

View Full Version : Weather Dawgs -- what should we expect

Mimi's Babies
01-27-2019, 03:43 PM
What weather should we expect in the MSU area?

For the next 72 hours?
Hearing snow.... Ugh!!!

starkvegasdawg
01-27-2019, 04:22 PM
Area NWS offices starting to issue winter weather advisories and watches. Snow looking likely. I'm guessing amounts to average 1-3" with locally higher amounts possible. Thing to watch for, though, is black ice forming as temps drop from 60's into the 20's and moisture on roads and bridges freeze.

Mimi's Babies
01-27-2019, 05:08 PM
Area NWS offices starting to issue winter weather advisories and watches. Snow looking likely. I'm guessing amounts to average 1-3" with locally higher amounts possible. Thing to watch for, though, is black ice forming as temps drop from 60's into the 20's and moisture on roads and bridges freeze.

When should we expect this mess to start? I want to be home before it gets NASTY. Sure don't want our students on buses.

Thanks

starkvegasdawg
01-27-2019, 05:17 PM
After midnight Monday. Should be over by 8:00am or so Tuesday morning.

Mimi's Babies
01-27-2019, 06:05 PM
After midnight Monday. Should be over by 8:00am or so Tuesday morning.

Thank you..... We will probably be delayed in opening.

RocketDawg
01-27-2019, 07:22 PM
Thank you..... We will probably be delayed in opening.

Who is 'we'? Are you a teacher or with the school system?

starkvegasdawg
01-28-2019, 08:21 AM
Winter storm warning now in effect for counties in MS beteeen Highway 82 and I-20. 1-3" of snow and black ice seem to be the main focus with some local areas possibly seeing more. One item of interest, though, is that one of the short term high res models is basically calling for this thing to completely bust with the latest run. It updates hourly so be interesting to see if this is an anomaly or if it runs with it. Average of all models is for around 2" so enough to still make the average tsun frat boy jealous.

Liverpooldawg
01-28-2019, 08:59 AM
Snow forecasts in this area for this kind of system are notoriously unreliable. Anything out more than 4-5 hours is pretty much rolling dice.

starkvegasdawg
01-28-2019, 10:05 AM
Snow forecasts in this area for this kind of system are notoriously unreliable. Anything out more than 4-5 hours is pretty much rolling dice.

The model in question (HRRR) is not starting to come onboard with at least light accumulations.