PDA

View Full Version : The Baker Saga is the Sickest and Most Hopeless.....

ShotgunDawg
01-27-2019, 02:30 PM
I?ve felt about MSU football in a long long time.

At the end of the day, the man can do whatever he wants but this just feels wrong and basically is an advertisement of how little hope schools like MSU have in becoming something better.

I?m not sure how any non blue blood can remotely hope to build on their limited success with this type of poaching. It?s completely cuts their balls off and isn?t right IMO

Mobile Bay
01-27-2019, 02:31 PM
He is making the smart move. This isn't him going to Alabama, it's him fleeing the sinking ship that is Morehead.

MetEdDawg
01-27-2019, 02:35 PM
He is making the smart move. This isn't him going to Alabama, it's him fleeing the sinking ship that is Morehead.

If telling yourself that makes you sleep better at night go right ahead. But that's incorrect

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-27-2019, 02:37 PM
I've always found it strange: Players "commit to a school" and can't leave without consequences, schools have to follow very careful rules when recruiting, the number of scholarships per team is limited, BUT coaches can do whatever they want whenever they want and there's nothing at all restricting their pay.

Qe set scholarship limits to "level the playing field". We don't allow payers to be plaid because that would allow rich boosters to buy the best players. Why not expend the same logic to coaching? Schools can only have $X total dollars for their staff, coaches have to stay at their new school Y number of years before they can be hired again, etc. If we allow schools to limit a players' transfer options why can't we restrict a coaches' transfer options?

BuckyIsAB****
01-27-2019, 02:41 PM
Its gonna be ok Shotgun dont jump

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-27-2019, 02:42 PM

You're presenting an evidenceless oppinion as fact. I can't disprove it so I'll leave it alone.

HOWEVER waht is a fact is that Bama is a better job. AD's LOVE them some Saban assistants so his odds of getting a DC job are higher there. Bama pays $700k+ for a DL coach like it's nothing. Baker will be signing more 5 and 4* than here and can claim that on his resume. Saban is a better coach to learn from than Moorhead is if you're a defensive coach. it's better in every way except that Saban will is a dick to work for.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-27-2019, 02:42 PM
Coaches are like Baptist preachers......if they are good they leave for a better deal, if they are bad you have to run them off.

Commercecomet24
01-27-2019, 02:44 PM
Coaches are like Baptist preachers......if they are good they leave for a better deal, if they are bad you have to run them off.

I laughed at this cause it's orettty dang accurate! Truth is stranger than fiction!

dawgday166
01-27-2019, 02:45 PM

LMAO ... damn good 'un.

preachermatt83
01-27-2019, 02:47 PM

Mayday!! Mayday!!

preachermatt83
01-27-2019, 02:48 PM

Hahaha!!

BrunswickDawg
01-27-2019, 02:49 PM

We can't attest to that via PreacherMatt

HoopsDawg
01-27-2019, 02:57 PM

At the end of the day, the man can do whatever he wants but this just feels wrong and basically is an advertisement of how little hope schools like MSU have in becoming something better.

I?m not sure how any non blue blood can remotely hope to build on their limited success with this type of poaching. It?s completely cuts their balls off and isn?t right IMO

Don't worry, Bill Clark's going to turn this thing around in 2021.

Cat Duck
01-27-2019, 02:59 PM
Kinda sound like a democrat

Lord McBuckethead
01-27-2019, 04:26 PM
I've always found it strange: Players "commit to a school" and can't leave without consequences, schools have to follow very careful rules when recruiting, the number of scholarships per team is limited, BUT coaches can do whatever they want whenever they want and there's nothing at all restricting their pay.

Qe set scholarship limits to "level the playing field". We don't allow payers to be plaid because that would allow rich boosters to buy the best players. Why not expend the same logic to coaching? Schools can only have $X total dollars for their staff, coaches have to stay at their new school Y number of years before they can be hired again, etc. If we allow schools to limit a players' transfer options why can't we restrict a coaches' transfer options?

Why doesn't Alabama have to buy his contract out. The man has a CONTRACT. word is your bond. Well maybe not.

preachermatt83
01-27-2019, 04:27 PM
We can't attest to that via PreacherMatt

I've actually been in both situations. Haha.

preachermatt83
01-27-2019, 04:28 PM
Don't worry, Bill Clark's going to turn this thing around in 2021.

Don't you know, Moorhead is the greatest coach that has ever lived and never makes mistakes***

Dawg61
01-27-2019, 04:32 PM
Kinda sound like a democrat

https://media.giphy.com/media/hPPx8yk3Bmqys/giphy.gif

TUSK
01-27-2019, 04:40 PM
Why doesn't Alabama have to buy his contract out. The man has a CONTRACT. word is your bond. Well maybe not.

If his contract has a "Buyout Clause", I'd assume that Bammer & Baker would negotiate that relative to his new contract.

But I've never heard of an Asst. Coach having a buyout... Otherwise "contracts" don't really mean much cause it's tough to get specific performance enforcement of a personal services contract... or something like that... (I'm no lawyer-type)...

hacker
01-27-2019, 05:12 PM

I bet preachermatt is a bad preacher, unfortunately he's still around

TALL DAWG
01-27-2019, 05:31 PM

Can the Enforcer or someone check out this Mobile Bay poster..?

yjnkdawg
01-27-2019, 05:31 PM
Don't you know, Moorhead is the greatest coach that has ever lived and never makes mistakes***

Don't you know that Preacher is the greatest poster, in the history of ED that has ever lived, and never makes mistakes, and that really says a lot with some of the high count posters that he is competing with.***

preachermatt83
01-27-2019, 06:08 PM
Don't you know that Preacher is the greatest poster, in the history of ED that has ever lived, and never makes mistakes, and that really says a lot with some of the high count posters that he is competing with.***
Got that right!! Lol.

Dawg61
01-27-2019, 06:14 PM
Can the Enforcer or someone check out this Mobile Bay poster..?

Mobile is a Dawg fan. He's just an angry one at times.

yjnkdawg
01-27-2019, 06:19 PM
Got that right!! Lol.

*grins :D

dantheman4248
01-27-2019, 06:35 PM
What exactly did Brian Baker do that isn’t a product of MSU? He had 3 total 4*s he was primary on in 3 years. Sweat and Simmons grew well under his coaching Sure. Not the first time we’ve turned DL into first round talents. Last 3 DL coaches here have generated NFL talent. We also have 2 more 4* signed and another 4* committed this class.

We just beat ole miss in women’s basketball, beat a ranked team in men’s basketball, and apparently had a decent weekend recruiting. But the world is ending because we lost an average (for us) DL coach.

msstate7
01-27-2019, 06:46 PM
What exactly did Brian Baker do that isn’t a product of MSU? He had 3 total 4*s he was primary on in 3 years. Sweat and Simmons grew well under his coaching Sure. Not the first time we’ve turned DL into first round talents. Last 3 DL coaches here have generated NFL talent. We also have 2 more 4* signed and another 4* committed this class.

We just beat ole miss in women’s basketball, beat a ranked team in men’s basketball, and apparently had a decent weekend recruiting. But the world is ending because we lost an average (for us) DL coach.

I'm not freaking out like seemingly everyone else here over baker. With that said, the "average (for us) DL coach" comment assumes that Moorhead can hire dline coaches as well as Mullen did. Maybe he can, I'm certainly not saying he can't, but it isn't a certainty

msbulldog
01-27-2019, 07:06 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^PREACH^^^^^^^^^^^^^++++++++++++

hacker
01-27-2019, 07:10 PM
I'm not freaking out

https://0e5e693ad834c5ded1e039d9-vns9dovr4ro2eme.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/andy-happy-surprised.gif

msstate7
01-27-2019, 07:13 PM
https://0e5e693ad834c5ded1e039d9-vns9dovr4ro2eme.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/andy-happy-surprised.gif

What have I said that constitutes a freak out over losing any coach this offseason?

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-27-2019, 07:15 PM
I'm not freaking out like seemingly everyone else here over baker. With that said, the "average (for us) DL coach" comment assumes that Moorhead can hire dline coaches as well as Mullen did. Maybe he can, I'm certainly not saying he can't, but it isn't a certainty

Shoop and Lukabu seem like excellent hires, And while his recruiting is lacking I'm glad we kept Tbuck. He also is the one who decided to keep Baker.

Thus far he seems pretty competent at hiring for that side of the ball, ironically it's the offensive side where he seems to struggle

oldjoedawg
01-27-2019, 07:22 PM
LMAO ... damn good 'un.
Maybe just preachers in general....you heard the old story: Little boy answers doorbell and a man standing there says "May I speak to the preacher?" Little boy says, "He's down in the basements praying about whether or not to move on to a new church." Man asks, "May I speak to your mama?" Little boy: "No sir, she's upstairs packing!" Tough growing up a preacher's kid!LOL

biggun
01-27-2019, 07:25 PM

Now that is funny, nice job!

biggun
01-27-2019, 07:42 PM

This will be Baker?s 13th team since he started coaching football in 1984 so going by his average stay of just under 3 years, he was due to bolt and did. When we hired him most expected him to stay a couple of years max and guess what, they were right.

yjnkdawg
01-27-2019, 07:42 PM
Mayday!! Mayday!!

LOL Preacher it looks like your Sinking ship thread on 247 actually sunk. 54 down votes and counting.

yjnkdawg
01-27-2019, 07:46 PM
Its gonna be ok Shotgun dont jump

How many times has he threatened to jump since you have been a member here? It may be better for all parties concerned if he did. LOL

1bigdawg
01-28-2019, 01:09 AM
Shoop and Lukabu seem like excellent hires,

Not to argue, but why do you say Lukabu was an excellent hire? We had two top level LBs in Mississippi this year and did not sign either of them or anyone else at LB. I believe the LB play was elevated this year, but to be an "excellent" college coach you have to able to recruit.

Liverpooldawg
01-28-2019, 09:01 AM

He is a assistant coach man. These guys move around all the time. Heck Saban can't keep them. You are just looking for something to melt about now.

KentuckyDawg13
01-28-2019, 10:51 AM
Think you have that backwards, especially considering the latest indictments.

LOL!

tcdog70
01-28-2019, 11:22 AM
Damn, have we never lost an assistant Coach before--He went to Bama--most Ass Coaches would leave to go to Bama. Hell, go sign another one. Losing our minds is just stupid. Simmons-Sweat-Rivers-Green-Hoyette---any DL coach would look great with these Guys. Let's see who we sign to replace Him before we declare the sky is falling. And please quit-pulling for Bama to win--enjoy it anytime they lose in any sport.

ShotgunDawg
01-28-2019, 11:28 AM
Damn, have we never lost an assistant Coach before--He went to Bama--most Ass Coaches would leave to go to Bama. Hell, go sign another one. Losing our minds is just stupid. Simmons-Sweat-Rivers-Green-Hoyette---any DL coach would look great with these Guys. Let's see who we sign to replace Him before we declare the sky is falling. And please quit-pulling for Bama to win--enjoy it anytime they lose in any sport.

While true, I can't remember losing an assistant coach on the weekend of the major visits at his position to the school that we were competing with for those recruits. The entire episode came as Saban playing the part of a puppet master that can manipulate in the conference any way he wants.

Liverpooldawg
01-28-2019, 11:40 AM
While true, I can't remember losing an assistant coach on the weekend of the major visits at his position to the school that we were competing with for those recruits. The entire episode came as Saban playing the part of a puppet master that can manipulate in the conference any way he wants.

Saban lost an assistant coach and he hired another one. We will do the same. It's not some black helicopter conspiracy. Quit melting down over EVERYTHING.

tcdog70
01-28-2019, 11:56 AM

man shit changes everyday-we will have to roll with it . We will have a good defense next year and I'm sure Shoop knows who He wants to Coach the DL--He will have us a top-notch Coach. Hell, would you rather have Coaches nobody wants? Best thing to have happens is for Bama to start losing--hard to do when they sign all 4-5 star players and then the Refs-17 u when you play them.