PDA

View Full Version : Now that Bama has offered Baker the job....

CadaverDawg
01-27-2019, 11:02 AM
Who is on our DL short list? This sucks. Hard to compete when someone in your own conference or division raids your pantry every offseason. College football is quickly headed to a direction that isn't worth watching for me. Damn shame. You can't even hope to win as one of the small guys, bc as soon as you take a step forward, a bigger fish comes in and takes what helped you earn that step. Frustrating.

I wish we had a massive donor that would pay Saban and his staff ridiculous overpaid salaries just to steal them as a big F you

Coursesuper
01-27-2019, 11:26 AM
Who is on our DL short list? This sucks. Hard to compete when someone in your own conference or division raids your pantry every offseason. College football is quickly headed to a direction that isn't worth watching for me. Damn shame. You can't even hope to win as one of the small guys, bc as soon as you take a step forward, a bigger fish comes in and takes what helped you earn that step. Frustrating.

I wish we had a massive donor that would pay Saban and his staff ridiculous overpaid salaries just to steal them as a big F you

They have the massive donors that's the problem, these two donors can hand out our entire athletic budget and not even feel it. We just can't compete in their world.

was21
01-27-2019, 11:27 AM
Did Chris Wilson land a job? He was being considered by Florida but somebody else was hired instead

ShotgunDawg
01-27-2019, 11:33 AM
Mullen just hired David Turner

Ifyouonlyknew
01-27-2019, 11:36 AM
He may leave but he's still telling the players & recruits the right things. I know coaches lie all the time but just relaying info. We'll see in the next 24-48 hours.

Dawgowar
01-27-2019, 11:37 AM
Nobody knew much about Baker when he go there. In fact some rolled their eyes reference his time with the Redskins and their then bad defense.
There are great coaches out there. Senior Bowl is a coaching network event - staffs are now full coming out of that, plenty of coaching talent left over. Maybe not as accomplished yet but Baker had not produced a lot coming in either.

That said - and accepting the reality of rich get richer in college athletics - this shit is getting old. Gonna make that afternoon that will come, when we beat them on the field, that much sweeter.

dawgday166
01-27-2019, 11:43 AM
delete

MaroonFlounder
01-27-2019, 11:53 AM
I hate that David Turner is unavailable as of a few days ago. Strick and Don down in Gainesville probably knew what Saban was up to, and snatched him up so we wouldn't get him.

MetEdDawg
01-27-2019, 12:07 PM
I hope this whole process has taught everyone in this fan base a valuable lesson. There are still some that do not believe money is an issue. I hope those folks realize that money is a massive issue.

We are not salary competitive. We all think it's high because it's more than we've payed in the past for some guys. But we are still last in salaries. When your football program is last in salary and last in revenue you can only go so far.

Really Clark?
01-27-2019, 12:09 PM
David Turner wasn’t an option whether Florida got him or not

yjnkdawg
01-27-2019, 12:12 PM
Like I said in another thread. Saban is Saban, and he looks out for what's best for Saban. If he wanted our entire defensive staff, he would have all the support and resources to try and make sure it happened.

Big4Dawg
01-27-2019, 12:15 PM
Bo Davis please

Dawg61
01-27-2019, 12:33 PM
Imagine being in a G5 conference. Literally zero chance to win a natty ever.

Bothrops
01-27-2019, 12:34 PM
Imagine being in a G5 conference. Literally zero chance to win a natty ever.

No different than us.

Homedawg
01-27-2019, 12:38 PM
He's gone

BankerDog
01-27-2019, 12:38 PM
Dennis Johnson

Dawg61
01-27-2019, 12:40 PM
No different than us.

Lolz at least we have a chance to win on the field and set our own destiny. They don't even have that.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-27-2019, 12:41 PM
Dennis Johnson

He's at his alma mater would be leave?

MetEdDawg
01-27-2019, 12:42 PM
Moorhead has done well on his RB and WR coach hires. I would think the DL coach would be similar. You know he's already had to have put calls out. We will make a good hire

Hambone
01-27-2019, 12:43 PM
Is it for sure that he’s gone?

Dawgowar
01-27-2019, 12:44 PM
Moorhead has done well on his RB and WR coach hires. I would think the DL coach would be similar. You know he's already had to have put calls out. We will make a good hire

Probably a stretch and totally "pie-in-the-sky" on my part but Coach Shoop MIGHT, just MIGHT know a name or two as well.

yjnkdawg
01-27-2019, 12:44 PM
I know when we played Bama in Birmingham, Dave Marler, who was our starting quarterback, had to be shot uo with pain medicine prior to the kick-off, and could barely even walk, so he was in a shotgun formation. He was also our place kicker, and had injured himself in pregame warmups. I heard, while I was at the game, that the Bama defensive players were told to put him out of the game. There were also some very questionable calls against us too (imagine that). I couldn't stand Bama after that, for a while, and may be back in that mode. Now for a different reason.

CadaverDawg
01-27-2019, 12:47 PM
One things for sure....we clearly had not only our best talent possibly ever in 2018, we also had an entire staff that Bama wanted. That makes the 8-5 finish sting even worse to me. What an awful last month we've had. It's been the most MSU month ever.

yjnkdawg
01-27-2019, 12:50 PM
Is it for sure that he’s gone?

Not that I aware of, but the probability is definitely there, but it seems some are just speculating that he is leaving at this point in time.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-27-2019, 12:53 PM
Bo Davis please

Yes! Come on Cohen grow and pair! If Bracky gives resistance send his ass walking!

bluelightstar
01-27-2019, 12:54 PM
One things for sure....we clearly had not only our best talent possibly ever in 2018, we also had an entire staff that Bama wanted. That makes the 8-5 finish sting even worse to me. What an awful last month we've had. It's been the most MSU month ever.

Right — All these great coaches and we finished 8-5. Yikes

Dawg61
01-27-2019, 12:54 PM
Melting a little much here guys? We lost a close game to Iowa and an assistant coach coaching a position with 2 1st round draft picks starting. A bottle of Gatorade could coach Simmons & Sweat and look successful.

yjnkdawg
01-27-2019, 12:55 PM

Like I said in another thread, it is pure speculation that Mullen would have done that or this. Yeah, on paper, it sounds like he would have a better record, but it can't be proven I highly doubt we would have beaten OM, because his mind would probably have been on job shopping,as it was the prior year when they beat us at Davis Wade.

basedog
01-27-2019, 12:55 PM
Stop the madness, raid you say, yes but assistants leave mostly for a better deal such as money, tradition and so many other reasons. If Baker goes, so be it as assistants come and go. Can't fault someone for thinking or wanting to improve themselves.

There are other defensive line coaches who are capable. Let this play out without crying so much.

CadaverDawg
01-27-2019, 12:56 PM
Like I said in another thread, it is pure speculation that Mullen would have done that or this. Yeah, on paper, it sounds like he would have a better record, but it can't be proven I highly doubt we would have beaten OM, because his mind would probably have been on job shopping,as it was the prior year when they beat us at Davis Wade.

He would have done better.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-27-2019, 12:58 PM
Farewell...Shitbird!

yjnkdawg
01-27-2019, 12:58 PM
Melting a little much here guys? We lost a close game to Iowa and an assistant coach coaching a position with 2 1st round draft picks starting. A bottle of Gatorade could coach Simmons & Sweat and look successful.

LOL 61, on this board some people's goal is to melt and make the rest of us miserable.

CadaverDawg
01-27-2019, 12:59 PM
Stop the madness, raid you say, yes but assistants leave mostly for a better deal such as money, tradition and so many other reasons. If Baker goes, so be it as assistants come and go. Can't fault someone for thinking or wanting to improve themselves.

There are other defensive line coaches who are capable. Let this play out without crying so much.

Sorry. Here...

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/63/5b/85/635b85d1013a50df7aae1b8e21d1a445--rainbow-sky-rainbow-colors.jpg

https://b50ym1n8ryw31pmkr4671ui1c64-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/11/files/2018/03/Insect-Monarch-Butterflies-Minnesota-Jennifer-Strom-1024x683.jpg

MetEdDawg
01-27-2019, 01:03 PM
I'm shocked more of our fan base isn't more concerned over the staff we are losing. I get who we are losing folks to. But if you are making a good chunk of money, the big boys and the NFL have less pull.

We got to start getting more money into football. Absolutely have to.

Cooterpoot
01-27-2019, 01:07 PM
We’ve gone from “We will never lose a coach due to money” to losing our top assistant coaches at signing day and going cheap on coach pay. It starts at the top.

CadaverDawg
01-27-2019, 01:07 PM
I'm shocked more of our fan base isn't more concerned over the staff we are losing. I get who we are losing folks to. But if you are making a good chunk of money, the big boys and the NFL have less pull.

We got to start getting more money into football. Absolutely have to.

Yep. We are stepping stone U, now. We can only hit on these good one year assistants every year for so long before we land a few stinkers. And unfortunately a few stinkers will set us back 5 years or more

CadaverDawg
01-27-2019, 01:08 PM
We’ve gone from “We will never lose a coach due to money” to losing our top assistant coaches at signing day and going cheap on coach pay. It starts at the top.

Yep. Never dreamed Cohen would be cheaper than loafers, but he is.

dawgday166
01-27-2019, 01:08 PM

It's not just the coach, it's also the timing/recruits aspect of it too.

However, the coach is the larger percentage of it due to coaching continuity. Two chances we have of being real competitive are coaching continuity and player development (which means excellent recruit evaluation, redshirting, rosters filled with mostly upperclassmen each year and no holes in the roster). Defensive coaching continuity isn't as significant as offensive coaching continuity tho. And defensive position coaches are usually easier to replace too. But Baker was a good one.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-27-2019, 01:11 PM
LOL 61, on this board some people's goal is to melt and make the rest of us miserable.

Melting...I think a better use of words would be Fed up. Fed up with being the SEC whipping post and never able to build anything because every step we take, we have to take two steps back. If you want sunshine pumping, looking for silver linings in piles of shit go on over and become a member of Genespage.

MetEdDawg
01-27-2019, 01:11 PM
Yep. We are stepping stone U, now. We can only hit on these good one year assistants every year for so long before we land a few stinkers. And unfortunately a few stinkers will set us back 5 years or more

We need about 3-4 million more per year for non head coach staff salaries. Need to be able to give the coordinators on average at least 500K more than they currently do per year. As a baseline I mean, not incentive for this past year. Then we need to increase on field staff by around 200K per year. Throw 50-100K more for quality control and off field staff and you get around $4 million.

And again, that's baseline. Starting salary. Not incentive for performance.

basedog
01-27-2019, 01:12 PM
Sorry. Here...

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/63/5b/85/635b85d1013a50df7aae1b8e21d1a445--rainbow-sky-rainbow-colors.jpg

https://b50ym1n8ryw31pmkr4671ui1c64-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/11/files/2018/03/Insect-Monarch-Butterflies-Minnesota-Jennifer-Strom-1024x683.jpg

I think you need it more than I. I'm pretty happy most of the time, but thanks for brightening up my day***

CadaverDawg
01-27-2019, 01:13 PM
Melting...I think a better use of words would be Fed up. Fed up with being the SEC whipping post and never able to build anything because every step we take, we have to take two steps back. If you want sunshine pumping, looking for silver linings in piles of shit go on over and become a member of Genespage.

Amen, brother.

basedog
01-27-2019, 01:14 PM

Me giving u rep points gotta be a first. At least you get it. LOL

bluelightstar
01-27-2019, 01:24 PM
What are we doing with all the money we saved by only paying Moorhead 2.6 million?

CadaverDawg
01-27-2019, 01:29 PM
What are we doing with all the money we saved by only paying Moorhead 2.6 million?

Good question. Hope our baseball team wins a Natty, because apparently we spent all of our football coach money on the baseball field.

RougeDawg
01-27-2019, 01:32 PM
College football is headed the way of the nba. The halves pick who they want and the top 6 teams battle it out. Sure there is the occiasinal Boise St, but you can book that year in and year out one of 6 teams will win.

The SEC better step in and mitigate the poaching. The increased poaching on top of officiating bias will start losing viewers. Many people outside of the conference tune in to watch what they previously perceived as a fair league. Keep this up and ESPN will sintinie down their already begun plunge.

Saban notices that we have the best change in the west to knock them off year in and year out. We have a depths chart of quality players that wear down his teams. When we have an offenseive pulse we have a legitimate shot to beat them. We have had chances to bear them since 2014 with just a little offense. Saban is scared to death Of this and does everything he can tonorevent it.

Look at the players he has stolen from us who never see significant PT at Bama. Players that would have been studs in Maroon waste away in TTown. It?s been happening since Bryant and. Caught. Until something is done to change this it will be a wash rinse repeat cycle.

Dropping to 75 scholarships would be a nice start.

Dawg61
01-27-2019, 01:38 PM

Fed up with not being the top dog in the strongest football conference in the country? Tough titties. Grow up and stop expecting whining all the time translates into getting what you want. The squeaky wheel doesn't get to be the best in all of the country in football. Whining and crying like a bitch all the time is more Genespagish than anything on this board.

CovertDawg
01-27-2019, 01:41 PM
The optics of it stink more than anything. Baker is a good coach but like I have said many times, our players deserve a lot of thank you letters from coaches over the years for making their careers. The good news is we kept Shoop and that is far more important. Remember, Baker coached D-Line under Sirmon and we stunk that year....so we can at least appreciate Shoop will still be around coming up with the appropriate scheme.

preachermatt83
01-27-2019, 01:41 PM
Sorry. Here...

U forgot the unicorns and sunshine. This place is 10x worse than what they claim they hate about genes page. 10x more sunshine pumping here than anywhere

BuckyIsAB****
01-27-2019, 01:44 PM
Some people on twitter saying hes gone but they are jumping the gun. Hes still recruiting for us I know that

Dawg61
01-27-2019, 01:44 PM
U forgot the unicorns and sunshine. This place is 10x worse than what they claim they hate about genes page. 10x more sunshine pumping here than anywhere

So you're whining about people not whining as much as you'd like. That'll help.

Dawg61
01-27-2019, 01:54 PM
Some people on twitter saying hes gone but they are jumping the gun. Hes still recruiting for us I know that

Please let this be another troll job lolz our fanbases loves to eat the bait every time

Commercecomet24
01-27-2019, 01:57 PM

This is correct.

BuckyIsAB****
01-27-2019, 02:01 PM
Please let this be another troll job lolz our fanbases loves to eat the bait every time

Its not a troll job. He has been offered but he hasnt agreed to anything yet. The only thing he has agreed to was the extension he signed with us

dawgday166
01-27-2019, 02:03 PM

1) He wasn't at the basketball game with the other recruits last night. I believe he is the only coach who wasn't there.
2) Young was sick and had to leave apparently.
3) He received an offer from Bama this morning.

I'm almost certain on #1, but I'm 99% positive on 2 and 3. So reading between the tea leaves has me thinking he's going to Bama. Wouldn't surprise me if Saban offered him at least 1.5 times what he's making here. If this was after the recruiting class had closed I myself probably wouldn't have been as pissed. The combination of losing a good coach AND possibly stud Dlinemen has me pissed. I personally don't think there is any chance on Young now. Don't know about Pickering.

BuckyIsAB****
01-27-2019, 02:05 PM
1) He wasn't at the basketball game with the other recruits last night. I believe he is the only coach who wasn't there.
2) Young was sick and had to leave apparently.
3) He received an offer from Bama this morning.

I'm almost certain on #1, but I'm 99% positive on 2 and 3. So reading between the tea leaves has me thinking he's going to Bama. Wouldn't surprise me if Saban offered him at least 1.5 times what he's making here. If this was after the recruiting class had closed I myself probably wouldn't have been as pissed. The combination of losing a good coach AND possibly stud Dlinemen has me pissed. I personally don't think there is any chance on Young now. Don't know about Pickering.

I will say a kid getting sick on the day of his OV smells funny. I dont know anything about him or the situation and maybe he was sick but that just dont set right with me

I seen it dawg
01-27-2019, 02:05 PM
Did Chris Wilson land a job? He was being considered by Florida but somebody else was hired instead

Why? Another guy already been here

yjnkdawg
01-27-2019, 02:07 PM
IF they do get things worked out and he decides (which I hope he gives Saban a thank you but no thanks, and moves forward with our recruiting) to accept, then he will find out that working in the Saban coaching world of football is like night and day from the JoeMo world or even the Dan Mullen world.

I seen it dawg
01-27-2019, 02:07 PM
I hate that David Turner is unavailable as of a few days ago. Strick and Don down in Gainesville probably knew what Saban was up to, and snatched him up so we wouldn't get him.

Why? Another guy that had been here already. Couldn't get Chris jones motor going.

dawgday166
01-27-2019, 02:14 PM
I will say a kid getting sick on the day of his OV smells funny. I dont know anything about him or the situation and maybe he was sick but that just dont set right with me

Yea ... I know. Kinda coincidental sickness IMO. Maybe he was really sick tho ... who knows for sure. It was the combination of the 3 things that I didn't like overall. AND ... I'm just damn sick of Saban's bullshit.

yjnkdawg
01-27-2019, 02:14 PM
Why? Another guy that had been here already. Couldn't get Chris jones motor going.

I agree. We are a lot better off with Turner being at FL than Turner being here.

Commercecomet24
01-27-2019, 02:20 PM
Yea ... I know. Kinda coincidental sickness IMO. Maybe he was really sick tho ... who knows for sure. It was the combination of the 3 things that I didn't like overall. AND ... I'm just damn sick of Saban's bullshit.

Byron has the flu along with over 100 other kids at west jones. Running rampant here right now. Now I'm not saying he's not going to bama but he is sick

BuckyIsAB****
01-27-2019, 02:21 PM
Byron has the flu along with over 100 other kids at west jones. Running rampant here right now. Now I'm not saying he's not going to bama but he is sick

Get well soon then

dawgday166
01-27-2019, 02:23 PM

Ok ... I'm buying that.

So now he made all the other croots sick too **

Commercecomet24
01-27-2019, 02:28 PM
Ok ... I'm buying that.

So now he made all the other croots sick too **

Lol I sure hope not

Really Clark?
01-27-2019, 02:29 PM

Several Pine Belt schools with Flu and a stomach bug going around. Some are contracting Type A & B at the same time. Know a small child with both and very very sick

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-27-2019, 02:30 PM
Fed up with not being the top dog in the strongest football conference in the country? Tough titties. Grow up and stop expecting whining all the time translates into getting what you want. The squeaky wheel doesn't get to be the best in all of the country in football. Whining and crying like a bitch all the time is more Genespagish than anything on this board.

So is whining about 2021 baseball recruits genepagish?

Commercecomet24
01-27-2019, 02:32 PM
Several Pine Belt schools with Flu and a stomach bug going around. Some are contracting Type A & B at the same time. Know a small child with both and very very sick

Yep you right, I got the stomach bug right now and feel like death!

MaroonFlounder
01-27-2019, 02:33 PM
Somebody on FB now saying that a CBS sports outlet reporting Baker officially in at Bama. Trying to confirm now.

Really Clark?
01-27-2019, 02:33 PM
Yep you right, I got the stomach bug right now and feel like death!

Man that absolutely sucks. It’s pretty nasty I’ve heard

Really Clark?
01-27-2019, 02:34 PM
Somebody on FB now saying that a CBS sports outlet reporting Baker officially in at Bama. Trying to confirm now.

Paul is staying he told players last night he was going

Commercecomet24
01-27-2019, 02:35 PM
Man that absolutely sucks. It’s pretty nasty I’ve heard

Yes it does! I wouldn't wish this on anyone accept maybe Saban!

dawgday166
01-27-2019, 02:35 PM

LOL ... so you don't think that Saban isn't a "squeaky" wheel. The guy rants and raves about more shit than you can shake a stick at and always gets his way.

Not saying we should whine about everything like some do, just saying that OM didn't get punished cause Rosebowl went after them.

ETA: Saban is the consummate lobbyist.

deadheaddawg
01-27-2019, 02:44 PM

Awesome. Does this mean you are leaving? Because this place sucks. Why would you waste your time here?

You should just completely forget about his place.

HoopsDawg
01-27-2019, 02:47 PM

Short List: Uconn, Fordham, and Umass D-line coaches.

basedog
01-27-2019, 02:47 PM

LOL, and your a preacher, dude go to church more often and get some love in your heart as the devil working you over dude.

basedog
01-27-2019, 02:49 PM
Awesome. Does this mean you are leaving? Because this place sucks. Why would you waste your time here?

You should just completely forget about his place.

One could only hope!

+1

dawgday166
01-27-2019, 02:50 PM
Paul is staying he told players last night he was going

Rosey has confirmed it too.

CadaverDawg
01-27-2019, 02:50 PM
Short List: Uconn, Fordham, and Umass D-line coaches.

Haha

msstate7
01-27-2019, 02:53 PM
Rosey has confirmed it too.

Can't be the case... we have posters here saying baker was recruiting for us this morning #experts

Dawg61
01-27-2019, 02:54 PM
So is whining about 2021 baseball recruits genepagish?

Middle-schoolers not sophomores in HS. I don't complain about 10th-12th grade commits.

Dawg61
01-27-2019, 02:57 PM
LOL ... so you don't think that Saban isn't a "squeaky" wheel. The guy rants and raves about more shit than you can shake a stick at and always gets his way.

Not saying we should whine about everything like some do, just saying that OM didn't get punished cause Rosebowl went after them.

ETA: Saban is the consummate lobbyist.

Totally different. Saban has direct control over the Alabama football program. He literally influences everything about it. Posters whining 24/7 influences nothing.

dawgday166
01-27-2019, 03:02 PM
Totally different. Saban has direct control over the Alabama football program. He literally influences everything about it. Posters whining 24/7 influences nothing.

I thought you were referring to MSU AD dept. And FWIW ... Saban has indirect/direct control over SEC too.

dawgday166
01-27-2019, 03:14 PM
Can't be the case... we have posters here saying baker was recruiting for us this morning #experts

Yea .. this board used to be first in info but it lags behind 247 a good bit now. I gotta say Rosey really been on his game pretty good the last year or so. Paul does pretty decent too so between the 2 of them it's pretty quick info out.

ETA: Oh ... and I forgot Pnut too. He's good.

Dawg61
01-27-2019, 03:56 PM

Board has been sold outta coffee for almost a year now

yjnkdawg
01-27-2019, 06:57 PM
Board has been sold outta coffee for almost a year now

LOL Good one 61...... ^5's