PDA

View Full Version : I think Alabama may have tipped their hand too soon

Dawgology
01-26-2019, 05:15 PM
Thinking another coach of ours would jump to them. Looks like we weathered the storm and now everyone knows that Bama?s DL coach is leaving after signing day.

Bdawg
01-26-2019, 05:26 PM
Sure hope this is the case. Seems like the best scenario to land Young.

Dawgfan77
01-26-2019, 05:44 PM
If Baker leaves for Bama it will be after signing day

Jack Lambert
01-26-2019, 05:51 PM
Why does Bama have to lower them selves to use Ole Miss type tactics to recruit? I guess Saban is getting old and losing his edge.

msstate7
01-26-2019, 05:59 PM
Why does Bama have to lower them selves to use Ole Miss type tactics to recruit? I guess Saban is getting old and losing his edge.

They're #1 in the country as I type this. Saban isn't using baker to try and get young. Baker is a hell of a coach, and this is why saban wants him. It's why we want to keep baker too

TUSK
01-26-2019, 06:09 PM
They're #1 in the country as I type this. Saban isn't using baker to try and get young. Baker is a hell of a coach, and this is why saban wants him. It's why we want to keep baker too

Dynasty is Dead v 32.0

Todd4State
01-26-2019, 06:13 PM

If we can improve our offensive recruiting to match what we have been recruiting on defense recently we could beat them once every five years.

I can understand why he would be impressed with us to a degree. We have played them better than most people the past two years and our defense was better than theirs statistically.

yjnkdawg
01-26-2019, 06:26 PM

Yeah, Saban wants Baker because, he is a top SEC DL Coach, and one of the best in the country but Saban wants what's best for Saban. If Saban could get a player that he really wanted in MS, through Baker's relationship with the player, he would probably do the same thing, with Baker, that he did with Huff, concerning Ealy.

Todd4State
01-26-2019, 06:31 PM
Dynasty is Dead v 32.0

I'm not going to say that the "Dynasty is dead" but something's up with Alabama losing that many staff members. Especially to places like Georgia Tech and Miami.

Saltydog
01-26-2019, 06:42 PM
Nt

Bodawg
01-26-2019, 07:26 PM
I'm not going to say that the "Dynasty is dead" but something's up with Alabama losing that many staff members. Especially to places like Georgia Tech and Miami.

Could be Saban's caustic personality. Coaches are probably looking for a way out after a few years of his temper tantrums.

Bothrops
01-26-2019, 07:28 PM
Alabama literally doesn't need Young.

msstate7
01-26-2019, 07:31 PM
Alabama literally doesn't need Young.

Nah, saban trying to hire baker to keep young from coming here. Saban scared to death of us**

TUSK
01-26-2019, 07:38 PM

yup, they've had a couple take promotions, a couple that took lateral moves and a couple that were processed...

It's an outlier type year, but I imagine they'll be aight... Bammer has become a "stepping stone program" for Asst. Coaches...

Todd4State
01-26-2019, 07:39 PM
Could be Saban's caustic personality. Coaches are probably looking for a way out after a few years of his temper tantrums.

I guess it depends ultimately on how he treats them on and off the field and I don't know that. He could be really bad to work for especially if the criticisms from Saban aren't fair. A lot of people don't respond to that very well especially in today's society.

To be fair to Saban it seems like he probably freaked out a couple of years ago because they dropped to 5th in recruiting so he went out and hired a bunch of guys known for recruiting but maybe not the best known for coaching. But this year I think we saw that at times they weren't as disciplined and coached very well with it culminating in the National Championship Game where the SEC officials couldn't bail them out. So now, it seems like he is maybe trying to find guys that can both coach and recruit. I wouldn't be surprised if he told a lot of the former coaches on his staff to find another job or else he was firing him. Which makes sense with Alabama looking for a d-line coach even though their old one is still there.

Dawgfan77
01-26-2019, 07:42 PM
You can only have so many coaches recruiting on the road the current DL coach is there til Thursday after signing day. They can?t realy bring in baker and have him recruit til the current dL is gone or another coach leaves. Less than two weeks from signing day that?s not gonna happen my guess is he is gone but not til after signing day. This was chum in the water because we had just about flipped young. But baker is an elite DL coach. Joe has his work cut out for him

Todd4State
01-26-2019, 07:43 PM
yup, they've had a couple take promotions, a couple that took lateral moves and a couple that were processed...

It's an outlier type year, but I imagine they'll be aight... Bammer has become a "stepping stone program" for Asst. Coaches...

I think Maryland made a mistake in hiring Locksley. I don't think he's that good of a coach and was just pretty fortunate to get an opportunity like that. What you are talking about could also explain why Enos left the way he did. He may have been told to leave or was upset that others were leaving and how it may have been handled by Saban.

TUSK
01-26-2019, 07:53 PM
I guess it depends ultimately on how he treats them on and off the field and I don't know that. He could be really bad to work for especially if the criticisms from Saban aren't fair. A lot of people don't respond to that very well especially in today's society.

To be fair to Saban it seems like he probably freaked out a couple of years ago because they dropped to 5th in recruiting so he went out and hired a bunch of guys known for recruiting but maybe not the best known for coaching. But this year I think we saw that at times they weren't as disciplined and coached very well

This.

AlSwearengen
01-26-2019, 08:09 PM
I find it interesting that Saban hired sunseri from Florida. Tusk, did what title/position does sunseri have now? He coached the secondary his first go around under Saban didn’t he?

TUSK
01-26-2019, 08:17 PM
I find it interesting that Saban hired sunseri from Florida. Tusk, did what title/position does sunseri have now? He coached the secondary his first go around under Saban didn’t he?

LB coach... Great recruiter and a really good coach... I think we upgraded with his hire....

ETA, he'll add a lot of stability and be there for as long as Saban wants him... His son, Vinnie, just started as a GA, I think...

ETAA, He was a LB coach and Asst HC his first go around at bammer.

Homedawg
01-26-2019, 09:47 PM
I think Maryland made a mistake in hiring Locksley. I don't think he's that good of a coach and was just pretty fortunate to get an opportunity like that. What you are talking about could also explain why Enos left the way he did. He may have been told to leave or was upset that others were leaving and how it may have been handled by Saban.

I ageee. Not a huge locksley guy either.

bulldawg28
01-26-2019, 09:58 PM
Delete

Apoplectic
01-27-2019, 01:14 AM
Dynasty is Dead v 32.0

from what i saw - dabo had bammer by the balls. i dont see him letting loose for a while. bammer had better players at most positions- clemson had better coaches at most positions. that should worry the dynasty