PDA

View Full Version : Weather Dawgs, help us out....

CadaverDawg
01-26-2019, 05:11 PM
What can we expect out of this week's wintry weather? I'm supposed to be driving up to north ms for a meeting Monday evening, and I'll be driving back to Central MS afterwards. Should put me on the road from 9pm til midnight or 1am....I know that's 3 days out, but do you guys see anything brewing that could derail my plans? No icy roads or ice storms coming our way, right?
The weather channel and local news has become so unreliable...I don't see how two stations can forecast such different things a few days out.

Dawgology
01-26-2019, 05:16 PM
Just make sure you take milk and bread with you!!

CadaverDawg
01-26-2019, 05:21 PM
Just make sure you take milk and bread with you!!

Haha too late, the grocery store is out

starkvegasdawg
01-26-2019, 06:52 PM
Rain is supposed to change to snow around midnight Monday/Tuesday. No official forecast on accumulation yet but models are ranging from 1-4". There's some hints this may be a significant storm but also some hints of things that could cause a bust. I will say, models have been pretty consistent showing a band of moderate snow from Jackson up to Tupelo. That's where I would look for the major impacts as things stand now.

starkvegasdawg
01-26-2019, 06:52 PM
https://www.weather.gov/images/jan/graphicast/small1.png?60e4b485f45cc1f55a1949750459471b

Liverpooldawg
01-26-2019, 07:06 PM
Local guys from Tupelo aren't getting too worked up about it yet.

CadaverDawg
01-26-2019, 07:58 PM
Rain is supposed to change to snow around midnight Monday/Tuesday. No official forecast on accumulation yet but models are ranging from 1-4". There's some hints this may be a significant storm but also some hints of things that could cause a bust. I will say, models have been pretty consistent showing a band of moderate snow from Jackson up to Tupelo. That's where I would look for the major impacts as things stand now.

Thank you