PDA

View Full Version : Coach Brian Baker

DanDority
01-26-2019, 04:36 PM
I'm not reading through 12 pages of a pissing contest. Did we loose Brian Baker or not?

Todd4State
01-26-2019, 04:52 PM
No.

Rick Danko
01-26-2019, 05:03 PM
Just asking, is this done or is the threat still there? Really hope to hold onto him.

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-26-2019, 07:01 PM
Just asking, is this done or is the threat still there? Really hope to hold onto him.

I have no info, to me if h was going to leave Saban would want him over there now to get recruiting for him. But I guess if Saban thinks their current DL coach is a better recruiter he may want to wait till after signing day to bring in Baker. But that seems unlikely to me, given that that uncertainty would be used against Saban. I think he'd want Baker there ASAP if that's who he is hiring, and at this point the story's been out long enough i doubt anything changes. Again though I have no info

Pit Bull
01-26-2019, 09:29 PM
Saban is probably giving him some time to line up Pickering to come with him. Maybe Moore too.

Homedawg
01-26-2019, 09:42 PM
Saban ain't touching Moore w a ten foot pole.

Really Clark?
01-26-2019, 09:45 PM
Saban is probably giving him some time to line up Pickering to come with him. Maybe Moore too.

Bama is not recruiting Moore. At all

Dawgology
01-26-2019, 10:25 PM
Saban ain't touching Moore w a ten foot pole.

Weird. Sounds like a lot of schools are backing off him here at the end. I think he made a big mistake decommiting. What’s going on with him exactly??

Homedawg
01-26-2019, 10:35 PM
Weird. Sounds like a lot of schools are backing off him here at the end. I think he made a big mistake decommiting. What’s going on with him exactly??

Don't think it's the proper time to discuss it all. After signing day sure.

vv83
01-26-2019, 11:53 PM
Back to Baker, anyone know anything definitive?

Bothrops
01-26-2019, 11:59 PM
No one seems to know anything.

Dawgfan77
01-27-2019, 10:05 AM
Look for him to be named DL coach at Bama as early as tomorrow

Really Clark?
01-27-2019, 10:11 AM

He just got offered but hasn’t accepted. Not saying he won’t be but your jumping the gun a little. And according to Steve Bama has some concern about his recently signed contract

msstate7
01-27-2019, 10:15 AM

Well that timing would suck... young visits lsu and Pickering visits Bama next week

ShotgunDawg
01-27-2019, 10:15 AM
If Baker leaves then IMO Cohen & Moorhead need to provide answers.

This entire situation is model of terrible stewardship of this program & completely unfair to the MSU fan base.

Not sure what they could have done to prevent this, but they apparently aren't earning their pay checks

Really Clark?
01-27-2019, 10:22 AM

This entire situation is model of terrible stewardship of this program & completely unfair to the MSU fan base.

Not sure what they could have done to prevent this, but they apparently aren't earning their pay checks

What do you think they can do? Arkansas tried to create language to prevent coaches from leaving but it led to eliminating a lot of good coaches from considering them. Second problem you have is labor laws. The NCAA doesn?t want to get tangled up with another lawsuit with the government. You have to remember that it?s kind of a monopoly and the coaches have to have rights as well. Buyouts are about the only we can do at this time.

Dawgfan77
01-27-2019, 10:25 AM
He just got offered but hasn’t accepted. Not saying he won’t be but your jumping the gun a little. And according to Steve Bama has some concern about his recently signed contract
My sources aren?t Steve. I?m just prepping you all for the week ahead

ShotgunDawg
01-27-2019, 10:27 AM
What do you think they can do? .

Earn his pay check.

What happened over the past few months, if continued, will run this program into the ground

Liverpooldawg
01-27-2019, 10:44 AM

What do you want them to do, put one of those dog shock collers on him and zap him if he try's to leave? Coaches move around. Cohen and Moorhead aren't going to change that no matter what they do.

Turfdawg67
01-27-2019, 10:49 AM
Earn his pay check.

What happened over the past few months, if continued, will run this program into the ground

Maybe people, coaches and recruits included, don't think as highly of MSU as you and I do. Hmmm...

Turfdawg67
01-27-2019, 10:52 AM
What does suck is this is not only coming from a fellow SEC team, but one from the West as well. The SEC should have rules to prevent all this poaching.

Cooterpoot
01-27-2019, 10:54 AM
He?s gone. I?m not worried about Pickering but Young ain?t happening.

JoseBrown
01-27-2019, 10:56 AM
What does suck is this is not only coming from a fellow SEC team, but one from the West as well. The SEC should have rules to prevent all this poaching.

Seems like, but Saban knows what Bakers been doing wit or DLine, and he sees who we've been bringing in to continue that success and who were on the verge of signing. He must feel like it's time to stop us now.

msstate7
01-27-2019, 10:57 AM

The goal post signing day was to get at least 1 of plumlee, mingo, young, and ealy. Is the O-for looking more and more likely?

Red Sox Dawg
01-27-2019, 11:03 AM
Young got sick on his official visit and left last night. Steve saying Baker has been offered by Bama.
Feels like Baker is gone and no shot with Young.

Turfdawg67
01-27-2019, 11:03 AM
F*ck Bama if true and all their sidewalk fans. They should be banished from here along with OM fans. Screw Tusk and his passive aggression and back-handed complements, you don't fool us all.

msstate7
01-27-2019, 11:06 AM
Young got sick on his official visit and left last night. Steve saying Baker has been offered by Bama.

Sounds about like when we thought we had a shot with tony Conner. Early exit not a good sign.

CadaverDawg
01-27-2019, 11:07 AM
Bama can eat shit. I'm sick of these assholes. Saban's little gnome ass can't even ride the rides at an amusement park, but is singlehandedly ruining our next 2-3 seasons in a week's time. That little shit.

Cooterpoot
01-27-2019, 11:09 AM
The goal post signing day was to get at least 1 of plumlee, mingo, young, and ealy. Is the O-for looking more and more likely?

Nope

msstate7
01-27-2019, 11:11 AM
Nope

Good, hope you right

Cooterpoot
01-27-2019, 11:13 AM
Good, hope you right

I’ve thought we’d get two. We may only get one but two are still in play. Unless something changes before signing day, I’ll go with two of those guys.

Saltydog
01-27-2019, 11:13 AM
seem to lose near as many coaches as Saban. That's very telling. May be why Alabama is now Clemson's Bitch.

msstate7
01-27-2019, 11:14 AM
I’ve thought we’d get two. We may only get one but two are still in play. Unless something changes before signing day, I’ll go with two of those guys.

Would be damn impressive if joe pulls it off.

CadaverDawg
01-27-2019, 11:16 AM

Is 1 of the 2 going to never see a football field?

msstate7
01-27-2019, 11:18 AM
Is 1 of the 2 going to never see a football field?

If we sign him, I'm gonna be "swing batter, batter, swing" every AB and heckle him in the OF this spring**

ShotgunDawg
01-27-2019, 11:18 AM

Brutal. Seems like we could appeal for another visit. This is completely unfair in absolutely every way

dawgday166
01-27-2019, 11:25 AM
I used to have some respect for Saban. It's been dwindling tho with all the whining he does when he's gets beat ... whining about spread teams initially, when Tua got hammered in our game, etc. Then winning Nattys cause refs won't call blatant freaking penalties against them or call marginal penalties against the other teams, etc. He has every freaking advantage you can ask for and he can still whine if he gets beat.

I could live with Huff somewhat but to come and get Baker too ... I'm in official hate that motherf***er mode now.

ETA: Bear had all or most of the advantages too ... but he never whined when he got beat like a sawed-off little bitch. Bear had more class than that.

ShotgunDawg
01-27-2019, 11:26 AM
I used to have some respect for Saban. It's been dwindling tho with all the whining he does when he's gets beat ... whining about spread teams initially, when Tua got hammered in our game, etc. Then winning Nattys cause refs won't call blatant freaking penalties against them or call marginal penalties against the other teams, etc. He has every freaking advantage you can ask for and he can still whine if he gets beat.

I could live with Huff somewhat but to come and get Baker too ... I'm in official hate that motherf***er mode now.

He's a complete psychopath that has done more to decrease attendance at college football games than any one person in history has.

It's one thing to build up YOUR program, but another to set out to destroy any competition.

Again, situations like this are bad for the SEC. They do nothing to help the conference. What best for the SEC is to have 14 quality programs that can compete well enough that Saturday's are full of close, competitive games & are fun to watch. Saban behaving this way is a detriment to that goal

MaroonFlounder
01-27-2019, 11:32 AM
Hell, if we just hang on to Pickering, I'll be happy. He and King Ani and Demonte Russell will continue our great D-Line play for the next few years.

dawgday166
01-27-2019, 11:39 AM
He's a complete psychopath that has done more to decrease attendance at college football games than any one person in history has.

It's one thing to build up YOUR program, but another to set out to destroy any competition.

Again, situations like this are bad for the SEC. They do nothing to help the conference. What best for the SEC is to have 14 quality programs that can compete well enough that Saturday's are full of close, competitive games & are fun to watch. Saban behaving this way is a detriment to that goal

With this move and regardless of what anyone says on this board, I am now inclined to think he's trying to take away from MSU. Not that we're a real threat, but he wants our game to be more along the lines of 1 step up from his sorry ass OOC schedule. He has AU, TAM, LSU that can be pretty difficult games for him and he wants ours to be a walk-in-the-park like it was for most of Mullen's tenure.

He watched the tape from last year and realized it was closer than folks gave it credit for being. And that our D staff was damn good too. There were also some plays to be made on O in that game that Fitz just didn't make in the passing game. Not saying we real close yet but I don't think he wants to give it chance for it to become much closer. He wants an easy game after playing LSU ... not a game like 2014 or last 2 years.

Dawgology
01-27-2019, 11:48 AM
With this move and regardless of what anyone says on this board, I am now inclined to think he's trying to take away from MSU. Not that we're a real threat, but he wants our game to be more along the lines of 1 step up from his sorry ass OOC schedule. He has AU, TAM, LSU that can be pretty difficult games for him and he wants ours to be a walk-in-the-park like it was for most of Mullen's tenure.

He watched the tape from last year and realized it was closer than folks gave it credit for being. And that our D staff was damn good too. There were also some plays to be made on O in that game that Fitz just didn't make in the passing game. Not saying we real close yet but I don't think he wants to give it chance for it to become much closer. He wants an easy game after playing LSU ... not a game like 2014 or last 2 years.

I’ve been trying to tell y’all this but I’m continually told that Saban is “just hiring the best he can get”. Folks, it’s Bama. He could literally hire almost anyone he wants in the nation. So why hire away several coaches from MSU? A good coach or general beats their opponent before they ever take the field. This is all saban does with his annual opponents in the SEC. it makes the path to a championship much easier in a loaded conference by weakening your opponent in the offseason. He now has coaches to provide inside looks at both our offense and defense and has also impacted our recruiting for several high profile recruits. If you think this is just a coincidence I have seen beach front property in arizona to sell you.

dawgday166
01-27-2019, 11:55 AM
I?ve been trying to tell y?all this but I?m continually told that Saban is ?just hiring the best he can get?. Folks, it?s Bama. He could literally hire almost anyone he wants in the nation. So why hire away several coaches from MSU? A good coach or general beats their opponent before they ever take the field. This is all saban does with his annual opponents in the SEC. it makes the path to a championship much easier in a loaded conference by weakening your opponent in the offseason. He now has coaches to provide inside looks at both our offense and defense and has also impacted our recruiting for several high profile recruits. If you think this is just a coincidence I have seen beach front property in arizona to sell you.

I was waffling on whether or not that little bastard was doing this until I read this morning that the reason Baker didn't have an offer sooner was due to language in his new contract. Bama didn't like the contract terms, but I'm guessing Saban told the REC that he needed Baker so they extended offer anyway. This flipped me over from waffling on it. No matter the cost, that short sawed-off f***er wants Baker.

Dawgology
01-27-2019, 11:58 AM
I was waffling until I read this morning that the reason Baker didn't have an offer sooner was due to language in his new contract. Bama was uncomfortable with that, but I'm guessing Saban told the REC that he needed Baker so they extended offer anyway. This flipped me over from waffling on it. No matter the cost, that short sawed-off f***er wants Baker.

He wants to keep state at or below their current level. He saw a threat beginning to rise and neutralized it. Control the field control your destiny. Until we have an administration with that killer mentality we will never actually contend for anything in football.

dawgday166
01-27-2019, 12:04 PM

With the way the SEC coddles Saban and Bama I think we can officially designate Bama to be like the Wall Street banks. They "too big to fail".

NCDawg
01-27-2019, 12:12 PM

Maybe we should be concerned about Pickering, too. He has an OV lined up for Alabama on 2/2/19.

Cooterpoot
01-27-2019, 12:17 PM
Maybe we should be concerned about Pickering, too. He has an OV lined up for Alabama on 2/2/19.

No concern at all.

Homedawg
01-27-2019, 12:35 PM
He's gone.

LC Dawg
01-27-2019, 12:38 PM
Saban is a *****. This is like the schoolyard bully getting his ass beaten and turning around and kicking a smaller kid to make himself feel better.
Saban is going to destroy the SEC. That's not hyperbole.
The rest of college football will laugh until they figure out that college football sucks without the fanatics from the southeast.

Jack Lambert
01-27-2019, 12:39 PM
I for one be glad when Satan is gone. He hurts the SEC and all of the NCAA.

Plus I am sick of the whining ass bastard.

maroonmania
01-27-2019, 12:56 PM
I'm so sick of Saban and Bama I could puke. So glad Clemson beat his ass in the NC game. The really sad part is that Brian Baker was on the trash heap of coaching at a HS in Texas when we essentially took a chance on him and rehabilitated his career. Now, we will get no loyalty out of the deal and he will go work for the biggest bully on the block for a big, fat paycheck. The whole deal stinks given he will be going for the same position doing the same job. So the only real promotion is having he title with 'Bama' where you have the best talent in the country so there is almost no way to fail at your job. Look forward to the day when Saban is gone from this conference. He is bad for everything about college football unless you are a Bama fan.

Bothrops
01-27-2019, 01:39 PM
When it come down to it, it's really all about every man for himself. Loyalty is a thing of the past. It's not even respectable to be loyal anymore.

BuckyIsAB****
01-27-2019, 01:54 PM
Earn his pay check.

Man I bet you have 3 heart attacks a day

Dawgfan77
01-27-2019, 02:48 PM
My sources aren?t Steve. I?m just prepping you all for the week ahead
Sometimes sources are correct.

msbulldog
01-27-2019, 06:54 PM
I guess I missed it somewhere, did Baker accept the job?

RocketDawg
01-27-2019, 07:25 PM
I for one be glad when Satan is gone. He hurts the SEC and all of the NCAA.

Plus I am sick of the whining ass bastard.

Me too.

RocketDawg
01-27-2019, 07:28 PM
He wants to keep state at or below their current level. He saw a threat beginning to rise and neutralized it. Control the field control your destiny. Until we have an administration with that killer mentality we will never actually contend for anything in football.

Probably a good thing we didn't beat him last year ('17). Look what he did to Freeze and OM when they won two in a row.

Todd4State
01-28-2019, 02:07 AM
Probably a good thing we didn't beat him last year ('17). Look what he did to Freeze and OM when they won two in a row.

Complained to the NCAA and blamed us on turning Ole Miss in?