PDA

View Full Version : SEC vs Big 12 Challenge Thread

confucius say
01-26-2019, 09:32 AM
I see the sec is an underdog in every game except Ky hosting Kansas and TN hosting west va. Interesting.

Some very good matchups at 11: Bears hosting Iowa state, Bama at Baylor, and Fla at TCU.

msstate7
01-26-2019, 09:38 AM
This is one of those times we should pull for our sec brethren... even OM (spit)

MarketingBully
01-26-2019, 12:10 PM
I still can’t believe we lost to South Carolina and Ole Miss. If Holman just played average in those games we win both. It’s amazing how one player not playing in the man to man can destroy our ability to play it. If Holman starts playing, we could turn this thing around. We need him in the worst way. He has to start playing.

MarketingBully
01-26-2019, 12:16 PM
Big 12 going to eat our lunch today imo.

KOdawg1
01-26-2019, 12:24 PM
These OM unis are God awful

MarketingBully
01-26-2019, 12:36 PM
I think OM falters down the stretch and becomes an NIT team. They have to play lights out to win and that’s not possible night in and night out.

Big4Dawg
01-26-2019, 01:26 PM
Kinda stupid 3 of the SEC teams that are ranked in the top 25 aren't in it.

msudawg1200
01-26-2019, 01:32 PM
I think OM falters down the stretch and becomes an NIT team. They have to play lights out to win and that’s not possible night in and night out.

Exactly. When they pulled it back to 3 in this one they had a stretch where they were shooting lights out. Made like 6 of 7 and 4 three’s. As I said after our game a lot of it was luck and they’d come back to earth. Now, next Saturday I’m sure they’ll hit 15 3’s.

Dawg2003
01-26-2019, 01:32 PM
I still can’t believe we lost to South Carolina and Ole Miss. If Holman just played average in those games we win both. It’s amazing how one player not playing in the man to man can destroy our ability to play it. If Holman starts playing, we could turn this thing around. We need him in the worst way. He has to start playing.

I have such a bad feeling that those losses are going to come back and haunt us.

msstate7
01-26-2019, 01:41 PM
Our game has swung from us -1.5 to us +1. Lotta money went on auburn

MarketingBully
01-26-2019, 01:41 PM
I have such a bad feeling that those losses are going to come back and haunt us.

We could make them back up if some of our players would just play at the same intensity they played pre-conference schedule. Play defense, get out on your man and run teams off the 3 point line. Make them drive it to the basket where we have Ado waiting. On offense, just be patient and move without the ball and share the ball. It’s not rocket science and we’ve done these things in the pre-conference schedule and even against Vandy. We just have to just get back to who we were before we played South Carolina. Trust each other and trust the scouting reports. Do what your coach tells you to do. Our struggles to me are mind boggling.

CadaverDawg
01-26-2019, 01:44 PM
LSU will beat Mizzou in the Challenge too.**

#MissouriDoesntBelong

MarketingBully
01-26-2019, 01:48 PM

Really dumb imo because Auburn A) is not playing Wiley, and B) is 1-3 on the road. They have sucked on the road. People are literally picking against us even though it makes no sense because they think Auburn can do something this year that they haven’t done all year play well on the road because they don’t trust MSU.

CadaverDawg
01-26-2019, 01:59 PM
Really dumb imo because Auburn A) is not playing Wiley, and B) is 1-3 on the road. They have sucked on the road. People are literally picking against us even though it makes no sense because they think Auburn can do something this year that they haven’t done all year play well on the road because they don’t trust MSU.

Can you blame em? I don't trust us either

MarketingBully
01-26-2019, 02:03 PM
Can you blame em? I don't trust us either

I’d trust us at home more then Auburn on the road.

MedDawg
01-26-2019, 02:21 PM

Bettors have been reading this board

MarketingBully
01-26-2019, 02:27 PM
Odds are good we will be down 0-6 by 3 pm today in the SEC Big 12 challenge. Great job league of pairing the teams.

MarketingBully
01-26-2019, 02:29 PM
Bettors have been reading this board

The swing made no sense and Vegas will make a shit ton of money on bettors going with Auburn on the road who is 1-7 ATS in the last 8 games on the road.

Quaoarsking
01-26-2019, 04:27 PM
Kinda stupid 3 of the SEC teams that are ranked in the top 25 aren't in it.

They shouldn't preschedule these. They should announce pairings a week ahead of time so that we get the best possible slate of matchups.

Also, the Big 12 should either add 4 more teams, or 4 of them should play in two games so that everybody participates.

CadaverDawg
01-26-2019, 04:28 PM
West Virginia up 12 early on the Vols.

CadaverDawg
01-26-2019, 04:43 PM
And now it's 19-18. 11-0 run

CadaverDawg
01-26-2019, 04:56 PM
Vols close the half on a 24-2 run and lead by 10. 1 bucket in the last 11 minutes for WVU after leading by 12

Percho
01-26-2019, 05:50 PM
Exactly. When they pulled it back to 3 in this one they had a stretch where they were shooting lights out. Made like 6 of 7 and 4 three?s. As I said after our game a lot of it was luck and they?d come back to earth. Now, next Saturday I?m sure they?ll hit 15 3?s.

That triple dribble no call looking bigger all the time.

Goldendawg
01-26-2019, 05:59 PM
This is one of those times we should pull for our sec brethren... even OM (spit)

Sorry, but I don't pull for anyone but MSU in all sports and will never pull for UM in anything, not that it matters to those playing.

Goldendawg
01-26-2019, 06:01 PM
I still can?t believe we lost to South Carolina and Ole Miss. If Holman just played average in those games we win both. It?s amazing how one player not playing in the man to man can destroy our ability to play it. If Holman starts playing, we could turn this thing around. We need him in the worst way. He has to start playing.

It would also have helped it Holman's men he was "guarding" hadn't scored about 50 pts combined.

msstate7
01-26-2019, 06:01 PM
Sorry, but I don't pull for anyone but MSU in all sports and will never pull for UM in anything, not that it matters to those playing.

I completely understand. It didn't bother me a bit they got worked today. Still, this didn't benefit state's postseason chances

Goldendawg
01-26-2019, 06:15 PM
I completely understand. It didn't bother me a bit they got worked today. Still, this didn't benefit state's postseason chances

If we will just play team basketball, good defense, and just quit shooting 3's from beyond NBA range, we can win our way into the tourney without worrying about whether others win or lose. Team has too many NBA wanna-be's who also think they are the alpha dog. Hail State and play like an unselfish team!

Pit Bull
01-26-2019, 06:21 PM
These OM unis are God awful

When I first glanced at them on tv, the first thing that came to my mind was they were using a comic book version of some super heroes. Almost looked like a Super Man uniform. Didn't help did it?

CadaverDawg
01-26-2019, 08:02 PM
Kentucky bout to knock off Kansas