PDA

View Full Version : Brian Baker

StarkVegasSteve
01-25-2019, 09:17 AM
Brian Baker to Bama is the rumor making the rounds on the Bama 247 boards. Be a bad loss for the staff, especially since he just signed an extension

HoopsDawg
01-25-2019, 09:19 AM
Brian Baker to Bama is the rumor making the rounds on the Bama 247 boards. Be a bad loss for the staff, especially since he just signed an extension

Oh shit.

Dawgology
01-25-2019, 09:21 AM
Rich get richer; poor get poorer. I’m about done with college athletics.

Scared_Hitless
01-25-2019, 09:25 AM
If this was to happen I really cannot imagine getting excited for College Football anymore. It is such a have and have not world the lack of parity and another Clemson Bama title game is not appealing.

HoopsDawg
01-25-2019, 09:25 AM
Probably say bye to Byron Young. Could get dicey with Pickering too.

DCdawg
01-25-2019, 09:26 AM
The Pickering tweet about not committing to a coach certainly makes that rumor interesting.

HoopsDawg
01-25-2019, 09:27 AM
The Pickering tweet about not committing to a coach certainly makes that rumor interesting.

Well that's good news at least!

StarkVegasSteve
01-25-2019, 09:30 AM
Seems to be unsubstantiated for now, so maybe we're out of the woods. If he's there this weekend that would tell me a lot.

msstate7
01-25-2019, 09:37 AM
Bama board on tRant says bo Davis or baker

1bigdawg
01-25-2019, 09:37 AM
If true, a smart recruiter salesman can play it both ways. Don't count on any coach staying at Bama, look at the history. Even Saban may be gone. Play for your home State school because it will ALWAYS be you home State school.

KOdawg1
01-25-2019, 09:40 AM
Bye bye, Byron Young if true.

msstate7
01-25-2019, 09:41 AM
Bye bye, Byron Young if true.

Are we the favorite now?

MetEdDawg
01-25-2019, 09:42 AM
If this happens, it should be clear that Moorhead assembled and kept one hell of a staff. Two assistants would be at Bama, one a HC again, one to the Packers, and one to the Bucs.

Should be clear that we had a really good staff.

BeardoMSU
01-25-2019, 09:43 AM
Jeez...talk about being organ donors for the rich....

At some point, this shit needs to balance out.

KOdawg1
01-25-2019, 09:44 AM
Are we the favorite now?
I honestly have no clue. We were in the mix before all of this crap came out though.

Mobile Bay
01-25-2019, 09:44 AM
If this happens, it should be clear that Moorhead assembled and kept one hell of a staff. Two assistants would be at Bama, one a HC again, one to the Packers, and S&C to the Bucs.

And you still see how we under performed.

3-4 wins next year. Calling it now.

MetEdDawg
01-25-2019, 09:46 AM

I'll bet you everything you own this doesn't happen. This is a horrible take.

Cooterpoot
I’d wait on confirmation. They were claiming Shoop to Bama a couple weeks ago. If true, I give up.

msstate7
I honestly have no clue. We were in the mix before all of this crap came out though.

I just figured Bama or LSU... whichever misses on sopsher

1bigdawg

I hope you are not a betting man. Laughable.

msstate7
01-25-2019, 09:47 AM

3-4 too low. I do think 7 tops regular season

ShotgunDawg
01-25-2019, 09:51 AM
This is unbelievably unfair.

We simply can't build a football program like this and neither can anyone else.

Dawg61
01-25-2019, 10:01 AM

Lolz we'll have 4 wins in OOC alone. Moorhead sucks if he can't win 8 with Keytaon.

smootness
01-25-2019, 10:04 AM

How is it unfair?

This is the way the world works.

Cooterpoot
01-25-2019, 10:06 AM
If we lose our best coach to a division team right before our big weekend and a couple weeks before signing day, then I’m done. I’m not going to waste my time on football anymore because we aren’t ever going to be more than what we’ve been the past few years. And with the way coaches are trying to bail, you have to know there are problems in our program.
John Cohen’s ass should be on fire too. That going cheap bullshit was genius!

dawgday166
01-25-2019, 10:17 AM
Saban running out of coaches that will work with him. Read a 247 article yesterday that Enos just packed his shit and didn't even say so long. Missed the next meeting and Saban supposedly said "Where the f*** is Dan?"

Saban's gone thru half the coaches in NCAA the last 4 or so years ... since Kirby and Kiffin left.

duncflydawg
01-25-2019, 10:17 AM
This could also just be a recruiting ploy by Bama. Best way to hold onto Young and possibly get in the game with Pickering is to create artificial unrest at the rival school.

Coursesuper
01-25-2019, 10:18 AM
If we lose our best coach to a division team right before our big weekend and a couple weeks before signing day, then I?m done. I?m not going to waste my time on football anymore because we aren?t ever going to be more than what we?ve been the past few years. And with the way coaches are trying to bail, you have to know there are problems in our program.
John Cohen?s ass should be on fire too. That going cheap bullshit was genius!

This is where I have been for a while now. The game has changed and changed for the worse in a big way. The Money being poured into football programs by all schools is ridiculous. But there is a huge gap growing in today?s environment and it?s only getting worse. Very soon there will be an inevitable divide between the haves that are outspending everyone else already and schools like us. They will go thier own way and the rest of us will have to try to figure out what to do.

ShotgunDawg
01-25-2019, 10:18 AM
How is it unfair?

This is the way the world works.

Not this conversation again.

SEC should not be capitalism &, if these changes occur, they should be with 2 weeks until signing day. There needs to be a better system to where coaches can change jobs without wrecking other programs due to timing.

msstate7
01-25-2019, 10:20 AM

SEC should not be capitalism &, if these changes occur, they should be with 2 weeks until signing day. There needs to be a better system to where coaches can change jobs without wrecking other programs due to timing.

Bama is the cash cow of the sec.

starkvegasdawg
01-25-2019, 10:21 AM
Jeez...talk about being organ donors for the rich....

At some point, this shit needs to balance out.

Thing is, we're not the willing organ donors. We're the Chinese prisoner waking up in a bathtub full of ice organ donor.

DogsofAnarchy
01-25-2019, 10:23 AM
If we lose our best coach to a division team right before our big weekend and a couple weeks before signing day, then I?m done. I?m not going to waste my time on football anymore because we aren?t ever going to be more than what we?ve been the past few years. And with the way coaches are trying to bail, you have to know there are problems in our program.

Why don?t YOU just call Cohen and up your donation by, oh say, 3 or 4 Million per year and YOU can fix the problem.

BeardoMSU
01-25-2019, 10:25 AM
Thing is, we're not the willing organ donors. We're the Chinese prisoner waking up in a bathtub full of ice organ donor.

Exactly, lol.

AlSwearengen
01-25-2019, 10:26 AM
Saban running out of coaches that will work with him. Read a 247 article yesterday that Enos just packed his shit and didn't even say so long. Missed the next meeting and Saban supposedly said "Where the f*** is Dan?"

Saban's gone thru half the coaches in NCAA the last 4 or so years ... since Kirby and Kiffin left.

If anything could derail Saban and bama it would be this. I guess coaches know going in that they are going to hate it but are willing to do it in order to get an almost guaranteed bump in their career after a year or two of misery. Maybe we need to try hiring bama’s disgruntled coaches instead of someone that Saban hasn’t hired before.

SouthMSDog
01-25-2019, 10:27 AM
Bama is the cash cow of the sec.

Nah baw, that TAMU. But point taken, though. Bama has the ability to spend whatever they need to.

AlSwearengen
This could also just be a recruiting ploy by Bama. Best way to hold onto Young and possibly get in the game with Pickering is to create artificial unrest at the rival school.

I thought bama already had several DL signed. How many would they take?

DogsofAnarchy
This is where I have been for a while now. The game has changed and changed for the worse in a big way. The Money being poured into football programs by all schools is ridiculous. But there is a huge gap growing in today?s environment and it?s only getting worse. Very soon there will be an inevitable divide between the haves that are outspending everyone else already and schools like us. They will go thier own way and the rest of us will have to try to figure out what to do.

“Very soon?” That’s like saying, “Very soon, we’re going to have a Muslim problem in America!!” “Very soon, the Southern Border is going to be a problem!” Hell man, snap out of it, the PROBLEM in all these scenarios is HERE already!! Good Lord, help us!!

Homedawg
01-25-2019, 10:30 AM

Hell man it's already welfare. And we are the beneficiary. Just part of it. We are never going to be a power. Time for you to face

BeardoMSU
01-25-2019, 10:31 AM
“Very soon?” That’s like saying, “Very soon, we’re going to have a Muslim problem in America!!” “Very soon, the Southern Border is going to be a problem!” Hell man, snap out of it, the PROBLEM in all these scenarios is HERE already!! Good Lord, help us!!

Just had to find a way to slide that in here, eh?

HancockCountyDog
01-25-2019, 10:31 AM
Nephew in Mobile just said that Bama "insiders" are saying this is done. No idea if true.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-25-2019, 10:34 AM
Nephew in Mobile just said that Bama "insiders" are saying this is done. No idea if true.

It's not done but he's definitely in the mix.

Homedawg
01-25-2019, 10:35 AM
indian burial ground. this is a crash and burn...........................................

Coursesuper
01-25-2019, 10:36 AM

What I’m saying is that these schools are going to form their own league. We all know it’s an unequal situation and we are at the bottom looking up. What we are going to be forced to do is figure out do we want to try to be the cannon fodder for these 17ers and continue to take the conference moneys (if there’s still a conference) or find somewhere else to land and try to make our own way at a much lower profile with much less funding.

TrapGame
If good coaches are replaced by equally good coaches I have no problem.

MrKotter
Just had to find a way to slide that in here, eh?
Might not be the place for it but he?s correct

HancockCountyDog
01-25-2019, 10:37 AM
Bottom line on Bama - until schools stop hiring Bama assistants and coordinators for head coaching jobs, this will continue.

Some position coaches just want to always be a position coach. Others want to be Head Coaches. Being on Saban's staff is currently the fastest way to a head coaching gig. I'm not sure how you stop coaches from wanting to be head coaches.

Coursesuper
01-25-2019, 10:38 AM
If good coaches are replaced by equally good coaches I have no problem.

You are completely missing the point.

msstate7
01-25-2019, 10:39 AM
Bottom line on Bama - until schools stop hiring Bama assistants and coordinators for head coaching jobs, this will continue.

Some position coaches just want to always be a position coach. Others want to be Head Coaches. Being on Saban's staff is currently the fastest way to a head coaching gig. I'm not sure how you stop coaches from wanting to be head coaches.

Bama is the premier program in CFB, and they pay well. You can't blame coaches for wanting to be a part of that.

Scared_Hitless
01-25-2019, 10:39 AM
Blowing up on Twitter now not looking good for the good guys. College football is a joke. I am going to focus more energy on Baseball.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-25-2019, 10:40 AM
I thought Shoop and Baker were "locked in"....hahaha

msstate7
Blowing up on Twitter now not looking good for the good guys. College football is a joke. I am going to focus more energy on Baseball.

Hopefully vandy isn't really good again this year or the "it's not fair" b*tching will be the same as now... just different program

HancockCountyDog
It's not done but he's definitely in the mix.

Saban is going with experience over recruiting chops right now. A lot of their fans want Bo Davis back. The smart posters want Baker. Saban usually makes the smart decision.

I'm concerned that Baker has already let top recruits know about his decision or that he is considering. Just a weird 12 hours.

Scared_Hitless
01-25-2019, 10:41 AM
I am ready to start bringing some Bulldogs home. Get Bumphis in here as WR coach and lets find a DL coach with some connections. We need some loyalty at this point.

msstate7
01-25-2019, 10:43 AM
I am ready to start bringing some Bulldogs home. Get Bumphis in here as WR coach and lets find a DL coach with some connections. We need some loyalty at this point.

Not at the expense of coaching talent. Just make good hires... if they get poached, other up and comers will see that and wanna come here.

Cooterpoot
Bama is the premier program in CFB, and they pay well. You can't blame coaches for wanting to be a part of that.

You like to look up stats, see how many employed coaches from other SEC staffs have been hired at Bama.

HaggardDawg
Go get David Turner now. All of our NFL guys, David turner guys. Helleva man and coach.

Really Clark?

Bumphis is not ready. Hopefully he will be in a few years but it’s not now

StarkVegasSteve
01-25-2019, 10:44 AM

David Turner needs to be the first and only call if Baker is indeed leaving

msstate7
01-25-2019, 10:44 AM
You like to look up stats, see how many employed coaches from other SEC staffs have been hired at Bama.

Remind me when they get a full staff

Leeshouldveflanked
01-25-2019, 10:45 AM

Back to the LT days...Just like Cohen wants it.... #Cohening

Cooterpoot
01-25-2019, 10:45 AM
Go get David Turner now. All of our NFL guys, David turner guys. Helleva man and coach.

Turner wanted out of Starkville. He's not coming back.

dawgday166
01-25-2019, 10:50 AM
Saban is going with experience over recruiting chops right now. A lot of their fans want Bo Davis back. The smart posters want Baker. Saban usually makes the smart decision.

I'm concerned that Baker has already let top recruits know about his decision or that he is considering. Just a weird 12 hours.

I also think Saban wants Young and Ealy. So that is why he came after Huff and now Baker. With Baker he's for sure also getting a top-notch coach. And the Dline was very un-Bama like last year and a little the year before that too. I'm sure he ain't happy with that.

Although I'm not sure what Saban IS happy about.

TrapGame
01-25-2019, 10:51 AM
You are completely missing the point.

I know. I usually do. But I'm trying really hard to not go all 7 right now.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-25-2019, 10:51 AM
Hire Bo Davis tomorrow. I don't care about the recruiting issue that he got fire for. Everyone makes mistakes. He was responsible for Nigel Knott, Lashley, R.Davis, and Norwood from DIberville going to Bama. He is from Mississippi, make it happen.

msstate7
01-25-2019, 10:52 AM
I also think Saban wants Young and Ealy. So that is why he came after Huff and now Baker. With Baker he's for sure also getting a top-notch coach. And the Dline was very un-Bama like last year and a little the year before that too. I'm sure he ain't happy with that.

Bama has young. If he goes elsewhere, it's bc Bama said no

dawgday166
01-25-2019, 10:53 AM

Is this really happening? I thought the official salaries posted weren't all the $$ they were getting due to outside funds. I also thought Joe took less money so the assistants could make more.

Cooterpoot
01-25-2019, 10:53 AM

Not entirely true.

msstate7
01-25-2019, 10:54 AM
Not entirely true.

Well what % of "entirely"? Haha

Cooterpoot
01-25-2019, 10:54 AM
Is this really happening? I thought the official salaries posted weren't all the $$ they were getting due to outside funds. I also thought Joe took less money so the assistants could make more.

For coordinators it wasn't. For the rest, I don't believe there's much supplement.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-25-2019, 10:55 AM

Why is Saban putting so much effort in Ealy? Isn't a VERY good chance he doesnt play college football?

Cooterpoot
01-25-2019, 10:55 AM
Well what % of "entirely"? Haha

It's complicated. But Bama hasn't turned their back on him. They never did. But they burned some bridges.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-25-2019, 10:56 AM
If it goes down my 1st call is to Bo Davis.

MafiaDawg
01-25-2019, 10:57 AM
Turner wanted out of Starkville. He's not coming back.

Well I think he?s at TX San Antonio currently.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-25-2019, 10:59 AM

really now?

Cooterpoot
01-25-2019, 11:01 AM

Cohen doesn't have the **'s to hire him IMO. We won't touch anybody with a NCAA issue.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-25-2019, 11:04 AM
Cohen doesn't have the **'s to hire him IMO. We won't touch anybody with a NCAA issue.

His show cause is up in April and it's not his fault he was made the scapegoat to cover Saban's filthy ass.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-25-2019, 11:07 AM
really now?

Yea I'm not ready to say Baker is gone yet but if he does yea I'd call Bo 1st.

MarketingBully
01-25-2019, 11:10 AM
Didn’t Baker sign an extension? He already rejected overtures from LSU and Florida. Saban is an asshole so I’m not sure why you would go there. Coaches are fleeing him like the plague. Is it really that worth it? My guess is they get Davis. I could be wrong but this seems more like fodder right before a big recruiting weekend then serious.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-25-2019, 11:11 AM

Ha! I said that because I had just mentioned him a couple posts up. I was just kidding with you.

MarketingBully
01-25-2019, 11:12 AM

I think this is fodder to muddy the waters right before Young and Pickering are to take their trip here. Saban is going to hire Davis.

dawgday166
01-25-2019, 11:13 AM

Everything I been reading makes me think we have a pretty good shot with him. Pickering, Cross, JJ, on him pretty hard and apparently his group of home folks he talks to are talking to him about staying in state too.

ETA: My feeling was starting to be a 50/50 shot at Young. Also seems like we might've been leading with Ealy if he plays CFB.

msstate7
01-25-2019, 11:16 AM
Everything I been reading makes me think we have a pretty good shot with him. Pickering, Cross, JJ, on him pretty hard and apparently his group of home folks he talks to are talking to him about staying in state too.

It would be huge. Moorhead deserves a huge pat on the back if he pulls it off.

Commercecomet24
01-25-2019, 11:17 AM

ETA: My feeling was starting to be a 50/50 shot at Young. Also seems like we might've been leading with Ealy if he plays CFB.

You are correct sir!

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-25-2019, 11:17 AM
This thread isn't official yet...TUSK hasn't come by with "REC doing werk"

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DeadlyAcidicBarasinga-size_restricted.gif

But yeah, Bama and Saban aren't ruining the SEC

https://media.giphy.com/media/Rhhr8D5mKSX7O/giphy.gif

KOdawg1
01-25-2019, 11:43 AM
Well in other news, and finally some good news, it looks like we're close to hiring Michael Johnson from Oregon. That's an upgrade over Getsy. Richardson was probably on par with Huff, maybe a little lower but not much.

IF we do lose Baker, go and hire Bo Davis, and our coaching staff will not be too shabby. We can kiss this recruiting class good bye though. All of this happening 2 weeks before NSD is brutal. Best class Mississippi has potentially ever seen and we completely whiff on it. There's no reason we should finish in the rankings near where OM is gonna finish. None. We had yet another opportunity to bury them in the dust and we let it pass.

Ari Gold
01-25-2019, 11:45 AM
This would be a HUGE blow no doubt if Baker leaves.
I think if Bo Davis is a possible candidate he gets the job
And I also agree if Baker does leave , Davis is the first call you make
And finally **** no to brining back David Turner

dawgday166
01-25-2019, 11:45 AM
Apparently Saban took a brief look at Marcus Johnson too but opted out of pursuing that one.

dawgday166
01-25-2019, 11:46 AM
This would be a HUGE blow no doubt if Baker leaves.
I think if Bo Davis is a possible candidate he gets the job
And I also agree if Baker does leave , Davis is the first call you make
And finally **** no to brining back David Turner

Why you say that? Turner was a good Dline coach.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-25-2019, 11:48 AM
We can kiss this recruiting class good bye though. All of this happening 2 weeks before NSD is brutal. Best class Mississippi has potentially ever seen and we completely whiff on it. You are so wrong

KOdawg1
01-25-2019, 11:48 AM
Why you say that? Turner was a good Dline coach.
He didn't want to be here

MarketingBully
01-25-2019, 11:49 AM
Well in other news, and finally some good news, it looks like we're close to hiring Michael Johnson from Oregon. That's an upgrade over Getsy. Richardson was probably on par with Huff, maybe a little lower but not much.

IF we do lose Baker, go and hire Bo Davis, and our coaching staff will not be too shabby. We can kiss this recruiting class good bye though. All of this happening 2 weeks before NSD is brutal. Best class Mississippi has potentially ever seen and we completely whiff on it. There's no reason we should finish in the rankings near where OM is gonna finish. None. We had yet another opportunity to bury them in the dust and we let it pass.

What can you do when unethical Saban takes one of your coaches and puts big time smoke on another right before two targets you both are going after visit this weekend? You can debate all you want about what Huff is doing but the big culprit here is Saban and he knows exactly what he’s doing and it’s unethical as shit. Coaches are fleeing him like the plague because he’s an asshole. I’m glad Dabo destroyed him this year as he at least seems like a good guy and seems to be doing things the right way (and more importantly his staff stays together which basically means they seem to love the guy).

KOdawg1
01-25-2019, 11:50 AM
You are so wrong
We'll see.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-25-2019, 11:51 AM
We'll see.

yes we will

Dawg61
01-25-2019, 11:58 AM
?Very soon?? That?s like saying, ?Very soon, we?re going to have a Muslim problem in America!!? ?Very soon, the Southern Border is going to be a problem!? Hell man, snap out of it, the PROBLEM in all these scenarios is HERE already!! Good Lord, help us!!

https://media.giphy.com/media/fe4dDMD2cAU5RfEaCU/giphy.gif

LC Dawg
01-25-2019, 11:59 AM
I realize that it's Bama but recruiting kids and signing them to one school and then leaving for a school that plays them every year is pretty shitty. It just further proves that the bullshit these coaches tell recruits is just bullshit.
This will turn into a shitshow but it's time to admit that it's not about the "student" athletes it's all about the money. The money for the schools and the money for the coaches. Start paying the players and go ahead and create a 15-20 team super league.
Oh yeah, and **** Bama and **** Saban.

Bothrops
01-25-2019, 12:45 PM
Saban is a total POS as a human being. The fact that that guy has had the success he's had, and to see it continue, is ****ing disturbing. At the same time the optics for this is terrible for MSU football, and our quest to improve or sustain anything worthwhile aa a program.

dawgday166
01-25-2019, 12:47 PM
He didn't want to be here

Was that because of Mullen or MSU/Starkville?

Commercecomet24
01-25-2019, 12:47 PM
fwiw. We haven't lost Baker yet. He was at West Jones Wednesday with Shoop and word is he would only leave us for the nfl. Could be just coach speak but Baker doesn't seem that way.

dawgday166
01-25-2019, 12:50 PM
fwiw. We haven't lost Baker yet. He was at West Jones Wednesday with Shoop and word is he would only leave us for the nfl. Could be just coach speak but Baker doesn't seem that way.

I've been searching and from 247 seems like it was just on the Bama 247 message boards. Nothing being said by Bama 247 beat writers or the like.

Dawg61
01-25-2019, 12:51 PM

Looks to me like Bama is trying to muddy our recruiting waters right before NSD. Ole Miss did this to us every year under Freezus. Our fanbase falls for it hook line and sinker every single time. I'm guessing this is all bullshit done as a last attempt effort to pull Pickering from us.

dawgday166
01-25-2019, 12:53 PM
Looks to me like Bama is trying to muddy our recruiting waters right before NSD. Ole Miss did this to us every year under Freezus. Our fanbase falls for it hook line and sinker every single time. I'm guessing this is all bullshit done as a last attempt effort to pull Pickering from us.

And/or to hold onto Young.

msstate7
01-25-2019, 12:54 PM

I'm not saying he's going or staying, but coaches lie about jobs all the time

Homedawg
01-25-2019, 12:55 PM

Baker has met w Saban concerning the job. That's a fact. Now whether he takes it or not, I don't know. But the smoke out there is legit.

Commercecomet24
01-25-2019, 12:57 PM
I'm not saying he's going or staying, but coaches lie about jobs all the time

And hence the "it might just be coach speak" in my post.

msstate7
01-25-2019, 12:58 PM
Baker has met w Saban concerning the job. That's a fact. Now whether he takes it or not, I don't know. But the smoke out there is legit.

Is there an offer on the table?

Dawg61
01-25-2019, 12:59 PM

That could just be common courtesy. If Saban asks you for an interview you give him an interview.

RezDog7
01-25-2019, 01:04 PM
Hey Bama fan, I know you'll be making out with your cousin all weekend because you may be getting our best coach. Our football program will never be what yours is, and I've come to terms with that. Just as long you remember that Saban is Dabo's bitch and Smart isn't far behind.

HancockCountyDog
01-25-2019, 01:13 PM

To be fair - coaching Alabama's DL is basically an NFL job. Only difference is that the guys in the NFL make slightly more than the guys that Baker will be coaching.

MarketingBully
01-25-2019, 01:14 PM

When did he meet him about the job? He’s been recruiting all week and just signed the extension earlier this week. He rebuked offers from Florida and LSU already. I don’t understand why you sign an extension and then meet with someone about a job. The whole point of signing said extension is to tell others you are staying. Otherwise, don’t sign said extension.

Commercecomet24
01-25-2019, 01:22 PM
To be fair - coaching Alabama's DL is basically an NFL job. Only difference is that the guys in the NFL make slightly more than the guys that Baker will be coaching.

I understand the bama thing, but what Baker has built here with our DL is pretty dang close to bamas and nfl as well.

Dawgfan77
01-25-2019, 01:33 PM
Turner to UF. So if baker leaves well then we better have a plan

MarketingBully
01-25-2019, 01:34 PM
Turner to UF. So if baker leaves well then we better have a plan

Mullen struck out with Baker.

Prediction? Pain.
01-25-2019, 01:40 PM
I haven't read the whole thread, so I might have missed this, but where is Craig Kuligowski going? That dude's a DL coaching god and has only been at Alabama one season. He bolting or retiring or something? Quick googling didn't seem to yield much info.

MarketingBully
01-25-2019, 01:50 PM
I haven't read the whole thread, so I might have missed this, but where is Craig Kuligowski going? That dude's a DL coaching god and has only been at Alabama one season. He bolting or retiring or something? Quick googling didn't seem to yield much info.

This is how shitty Saban is. Officially, he’s still there. I think they informed him they are firing him after NSD. Gotta love college football. That sure is ethical ain’t it?

preachermatt83
01-25-2019, 01:53 PM
If we lose baker I am done. I know it's not really fair but the buck has to stop somewhere and that is with Moorhead. I'm tired of him.

Prediction? Pain.
01-25-2019, 01:56 PM
This is how shitty Saban is. Officially, he’s still there. I think they informed him they are firing him after NSD. Gotta love college football. That sure is ethical ain’t it?

Damn. Personality clash or something? That dude's resume is nuts.

If Saban's telling him to hit the bricks and ends up swiping Baker from us, I've got to think that Kuligowski would be Moorhead's first call, right?

dawgday166
01-25-2019, 01:58 PM
Damn. Personality clash or something? That dude's resume is nuts.

If Saban's telling him to hit the bricks and ends up swiping Baker from us, I've got to think that Kuligowski would be Moorhead's first call, right?

I wasn't impressed with Bama's Dline this year myself.

Dawg61
01-25-2019, 01:58 PM
If we lose baker I am done. I know it's not really fair but the buck has to stop somewhere and that is with Moorhead. I'm tired of him.

Lol what? Moorhead is 8-5 at MSU. You don't fire a coach that's 8-5 cause Bama hired away an assistant coach. What the hell is wrong with you dude?

MarketingBully
01-25-2019, 02:00 PM

Get this kick in the pants. According to Steve Roach has already turned them down once and wants to stay at Ole Miss. They want Davis but there may be some red tape there. Baker may be the only one standing at the end of the day between their three hot candidates so it might be whether Baker turns them down or not. Then there’s the fact they already have a DL coach who is staying on until after NSD so we could have 0 DL coaches while Bama has 2 (potentially). I just hope we offer enough to keep him even though he already signed an extension.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-25-2019, 02:00 PM

Moorhead doesn't have control over a guys career. It sucks but this crap happens

Saltydog
01-25-2019, 02:04 PM
Nt

MarketingBully
01-25-2019, 02:05 PM
Moorhead doesn't have control over a guys career. It sucks but this crap happens

Well, Roach is a Bama alum and is staying at Ole Miss instead of going to Bama for the same job. If I was Baker, that would be a huge red flag to me as Roach has worked with both Saban and Luke and said nah I’m good here at Ole Miss.

Prediction? Pain.
01-25-2019, 02:32 PM
I wasn't impressed with Bama's Dline this year myself.

I didn't watch Bama much this year, but their DL's stats are great. Fifth highest sack rate in the country. Allowed 2.88 yards per carry in SEC play (No. 1 in the conference, right ahead of us). And No. 1 in the SEC in TFLs per game.

Sure, Bama's DL stats may always be good under Saban, but Kuligowski has been extremely successful everywhere he's coached. Miami's DL stats last year were similar to Bama's this year. (1st in ACC games in sacks and TFLs, and 3rd in yards per carry; roughly top 25 nationally both in sack rate and TFL rate). And in his time at Missouri, he had five first-round draft picks on the DL, 12 draft picks overall, and two dozen all-conference linemen (including nine first-teamers). In both of his last two years at Mizzou (2014 and 2015), Mizzou's D was top 3 in the conference in sacks, TFLs, and yards per carry allowed. (Wait, not in sacks in 2015. They were No. 4 in SEC play in sacks that year.) And he was able to do that in 2015 even when the offense sucked. (Mizzou was 1 - 7 in the SEC in 2015 and had the worst total offense and scoring offense in the conference.)

From everything I've read, it looks like he's widely regarded as one of the best DL coaches in the country.

But who knows what's going on with him. If he was asked to leave weeks ago, he may already have something else lined up. And of course hopefully we don't need to hire anyone anyway. But if he was on the market and if we needed a DL coach, I've got to think he'd be an option to consider.

Jack Lambert
01-25-2019, 02:42 PM
I've been searching and from 247 seems like it was just on the Bama 247 message boards. Nothing being said by Bama 247 beat writers or the like.

My theory is, We had one hell of a defensive line and those Bama ****s don't think we could have that good of a talent so it has to be coaching. I could have coached our D Line this season. On the other hand if it is true I could see why Saban would want him.

dawgday166
01-25-2019, 03:08 PM
I didn't watch Bama much this year, but their DL's stats are great. Fifth highest sack rate in the country. Allowed 2.88 yards per carry in SEC play (No. 1 in the conference, right ahead of us). And No. 1 in the SEC in TFLs per game.

Sure, Bama's DL stats may always be good under Saban, but Kuligowski has been extremely successful everywhere he's coached. Miami's DL stats last year were similar to Bama's this year. (1st in ACC games in sacks and TFLs, and 3rd in yards per carry; roughly top 25 nationally both in sack rate and TFL rate). And in his time at Missouri, he had five first-round draft picks on the DL, 12 draft picks overall, and two dozen all-conference linemen (including nine first-teamers). In both of his last two years at Mizzou (2014 and 2015), Mizzou's D was top 3 in the conference in sacks, TFLs, and yards per carry allowed. (Wait, not in sacks in 2015. They were No. 4 in SEC play in sacks that year.) And he was able to do that in 2015 even when the offense sucked. (Mizzou was 1 - 7 in the SEC in 2015 and had the worst total offense and scoring offense in the conference.)

From everything I've read, it looks like he's widely regarded as one of the best DL coaches in the country.

But who knows what's going on with him. If he was asked to leave weeks ago, he may already have something else lined up. And of course hopefully we don't need to hire anyone anyway. But if he was on the market and if we needed a DL coach, I've got to think he'd be an option to consider.

Didn't say it was bad ... meant more that it was Saban's worst Dline ... other than his 1st year. I have previously feared their Dlines but last 2 years that hasn't been the case. If Mullen had been running our O this year, we would've wore them out running the football. We couldn't do that on any of Saban's Dlines from 2009 thru 2016.

Saban was fortunate this year. Great schedule, every O he faced was 1 dimensional (outside of GA & Clemson), and SEC refs are propping him up. They the cash cow.

dawgday166
01-25-2019, 03:09 PM
My theory is, We had one hell of a defensive line and those Bama ****s don't think we could have that good of a talent so it has to be coaching. I could have coached our D Line this season. On the other hand if it is true I could see why Saban would want him.

Not saying Baker isn't really, really good but ... I also believe Shoop should get some credit also. After he instituted "toughness Tuesdays" our Dline really came alive.

Cooterpoot
01-25-2019, 03:43 PM
Our DL has been good for awhile, it didn't just come alive this year.

Homedawg
01-25-2019, 03:59 PM
Baker spoke again w Saban this morning........

msstate7
01-25-2019, 04:00 PM
Baker spoke again w Saban this morning........

He gone, ain't he?

Ifyouonlyknew
01-25-2019, 04:02 PM
He gone, ain't he?

For some reason why do I get the feeling if he would've said he met with Saban Monday the response would've been the same.

msstate7
01-25-2019, 04:06 PM
For some reason why do I get the feeling if he would've said he met with Saban Monday the response would've been the same.
I thought "again" was more concerning than "this morning"

deadheaddawg
01-25-2019, 04:07 PM
Why don?t YOU just call Cohen and up your donation by, oh say, 3 or 4 Million per year and YOU can fix the problem.

we have the dumbest fans in america. No wonder why we cant keep a good coach. I dont want to be associated with some of you dumb17s either

deadheaddawg
01-25-2019, 04:10 PM

yep. dumbest fans in america.

I cant wait till you are tired of football all together so you will shut up with your stupidity

Ifyouonlyknew
01-25-2019, 04:11 PM
I thought "again" was more concerning than "this morning"

Let Him down the 1st time but Saban is stalkerish. JoeMo & Baker looking at a restraining order.

msstate7
01-25-2019, 04:13 PM
Let Him down the 1st time but Saban is stalkerish. JoeMo & Baker looking at a restraining order.

Please make it a 1000 foot one... maybe saban can't on the field next season

yjnkdawg
01-25-2019, 04:32 PM

No it's not but your comment isn't surprising. Now if 34 starts getting down on Lemonis this season with you being right their in the front seat with him, are you going to change your avatar. If I was Lemonis , I wouldn't appreciate somebody who makes some posts like you do having my picture for his avatar. You are supposedly a mature grown man, but it sure doesn't appear on here that you are.

BuckyIsAB****
01-25-2019, 04:45 PM
So is there any legs to this or not? I could see this being to mess with our recruiting but other than that I dont see why he would leave

confucius say
01-25-2019, 04:48 PM
Why would Baker want to go work for an ass like saban? Baker doesn't want to be a head coach and does not like recruiting (although he is pretty good at it). I'm not buying.

preachermatt83
01-25-2019, 05:04 PM
Lol what? Moorhead is 8-5 at MSU. You don't fire a coach that's 8-5 cause Bama hired away an assistant coach. What the hell is wrong with you dude?

He was 8-5 with the most talented team state has ever had. He will never win more than 8 games. He is flopping in crooting, his offense was an embarrassment, and he can't keep coaches. I thought you were banned. What happened with that??

preachermatt83
01-25-2019, 05:05 PM
No it's not but your comment isn't surprising. Now if 34 starts getting down on Lemonis this season with you being right their in the front seat with him, are you going to change your avatar. If I was Lemonis , I wouldn't appreciate somebody who makes some posts like you do having my picture for his avatar. You are supposedly a mature grown man, but it sure doesn't appear on here that you are.

Ok. Smh.

preachermatt83
01-25-2019, 05:07 PM
yep. dumbest fans in america.

I cant wait till you are tired of football all together so you will shut up with your stupidity

Keep watching as the program sinks under this Clown. Enjoy.

Gutter Cobreh
01-25-2019, 05:09 PM
Why would Baker want to go work for an ass like saban? Baker doesn't want to be a head coach and does not like recruiting (although he is pretty good at it). I'm not buying.

If Baker spurns Bama and stays, within this board he will have elevated himself to cult status.

He was 8-5 with the most talented team state has ever had. He will never win more than 8 games. He is flopping in crooting, his offense was an embarrassment, and he can't keep coaches. I thought you were banned. What happened with that??

Don't hijack this thread with your stupidity. C34 has already set the table for baseball with his post the other day, so you and the rest of the flock now have your marching orders to whine and complain with the first loss. Please turn your attention to that sport and leave football for now.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-25-2019, 05:10 PM

So a coach that comes in and has to install a new system isn't supposed to experience any transitional pains at all? This is not EA sports NCAA Football this is real life.

BeardoMSU
01-25-2019, 05:12 PM

I'm sure you'd love to be right.

BeardoMSU
01-25-2019, 05:14 PM
He is flopping in crooting,

Is he now?

I'm sure Dan and Hev would've closed the deal on Cross....not to mention even attempting to flip him from a blueblood...but yeah....

Cooterpoot
01-25-2019, 05:19 PM
Preacher done gone off the deep end.

TrapGame
01-25-2019, 05:27 PM
Preacher done gone off the deep end.

Done gone? More like been gone.

There are some question marks about Moorhead but this doom and gloom everyday is ridiculous. This man is far from being Sly Croom 2.0.

BuckyIsAB****
01-25-2019, 05:36 PM
Moorhead is a far better recruiter than Mullen ever was or will be. For the 1000000th time, we are going to be ok. Im mad at 8-5 too but its not like we went 4-8. Let him run his stuff and see what happens. He wont bottom out

deadheaddawg
01-25-2019, 05:49 PM

You are a whiny little crybaby. You bitch and moan all the time.

I bet your husband gets tired of it

Todd4State
01-25-2019, 06:08 PM
Well, Roach is a Bama alum and is staying at Ole Miss instead of going to Bama for the same job. If I was Baker, that would be a huge red flag to me as Roach has worked with both Saban and Luke and said nah I?m good here at Ole Miss.

I have a feeling that's more about Saban wanting Roach- or I should probably say not wanting Roach than anything.

ZedFedder
01-25-2019, 06:12 PM
Look at Moorhead’s start to the 2020 class in state if we want to talk recruiting compared to Mullen.

confucius say
01-25-2019, 06:18 PM

Dan averaged 7.1-4.9 in regular season. You think joe can do that?

Ari Gold
01-25-2019, 06:22 PM

We just gave him a raise which he agreed to . In no way whatsoever does this have anything to do with CJM.. You are showing ur ignorance.. we all get it you dont like Moorhead ..

TUSK
01-25-2019, 06:25 PM
I have a feeling that's more about Saban wanting Roach- or I should probably say not wanting Roach than anything.

I think you're prolly right... My best guess of the ones getting the most ink:

1. Bo Davis (contrary to popular belief, not even MDL has the stroke to pull that off.)
2. Baker
3. Freddie

Dawg61
01-25-2019, 06:35 PM

Banned? Wtf you talking about weirdo. Nobody fires a coach after only 13 games and an 8-5 record even if 100% of the fan base hates him so stop crying all the time. It's embarrassing.

BeardoMSU
01-25-2019, 06:38 PM
Banned? Wtf you talking about weirdo. Nobody fires a coach after only 13 games and an 8-5 record even if 100% of the fan base hates him so stop crying all the time. It's embarrassing.

Na man, it's a "sinking ship", because Foamy-B says it is. Render unto Caesar, bro.**

basedog
01-25-2019, 06:56 PM

Man I think the Devil made you say that***

Stop your madness, You have reached an all time low. One year and you go retarded. Please!

Offshore Dawg
01-25-2019, 07:01 PM
To those choosing to go off the deep end on most everything

" STAY IN YOUR LANE BRO "

WeWonItAll(Most)
01-25-2019, 07:50 PM

Yet his legend has already grown in in less than one year to ?constantly having us between 8-10 win?

msstate7
01-25-2019, 08:05 PM

No idea how this will play out, but Moorhead stepped into a much better situation than Mullen, no?

deadheaddawg
01-25-2019, 08:06 PM
Embarrassing is the right word.

Preacher is a clown. Worse than ole miss fan. I hate that we have fans like this. It makes all of us look bad.

Best thing for all of us is for him to actually back up all his talk and just stop being a fan and STFU

Todd4State
01-25-2019, 08:14 PM
No idea how this will play out, but Moorhead stepped into a much better situation than Mullen, no?

Maybe as far as national perception. But we were only one year removed from 8-5 and winning the Liberty Bowl under Croom. And Dan inherited some pretty good players from Croom. Anthony Dixon, Arceto Clark, Derek Sherrod, Gabe Jackson, Fletcher Cox, Josh Boyd, KJ Wright, and Johnthan Banks were all on the team or recruits from Croom that went on to the NFL. That's a pretty good core group of players that ultimately had their day in the sun in 2010. Except for Dixon because he had graduated. Add in some Dan recruits like Chad Bumphis and then some solid college players like Relf, Hanrahan, Leon Berry, Quenton Saulsberry, Charles Mitchell, Corey Broomfield, Addison Lawrence and etc.

We had enough talent to do better than 5-7. Speaking of underachieving in year one.

Activated Alpha
01-25-2019, 08:20 PM
So this thread went from Baker to Moorhead. Can we get back on topic?

confucius say
01-25-2019, 08:28 PM

Better yes. Not much better. See Todd's post above.

But even if you want to give dan two more games in year one due to taking over a worse situation (bc by year two it wasn't worse), that's 7.3-4.7.

yjnkdawg
01-25-2019, 08:32 PM
So this thread went from Baker to Moorhead. Can we get back on topic?

That's normal. The JoeMo haters are going to take jabs at him even if his name isn't even applicable to a thread. It just shows their intelligence, or lack of.

msstate7
01-25-2019, 08:34 PM
Better yes. Not much better. See Todd's post above.

But even if you want to give dan two more games in year one due to taking over a worse situation (bc by year two it wasn't worse), that's 7.3-4.7.

4 wins prior to Mullen to 5 wins with Mullen
9 wins prior to Moorhead to 8 wins with Moorhead

2018 o/u was 8.5
Predicted 3rd in west
ESPN fpi favored us in 11 games
2010 and 2011 drafts we had 1 player taken in top 2 rounds; we have 4 projected in top 2 rounds in 2019 draft.

The excuses you guys make for this year are embarrassing

yjnkdawg
01-25-2019, 08:36 PM
Is he now?

I'm sure Dan and Hev would've closed the deal on Cross....not to mention even attempting to flip him from a blueblood...but yeah....

LOL They wouldn't even know the procedure to follow in recruiting a highly rated sought after OL. Much less how to flip one.

msstate7
01-25-2019, 08:37 PM
LOL They wouldn't even know the procedure to follow in recruiting a highly rated sought after OL. Much less how to flip one.

You realize we're 10th in the sec, right? That's essentially where we were with Mullen

yjnkdawg
01-25-2019, 08:42 PM

Just keep on doing what 34 tells you to do and you will be successful in life.***

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-25-2019, 08:51 PM

2018 o/u was 8.5
Predicted 3rd in west
2010 and 2011 drafts we had 1 player taken in top 2 rounds; we have 4 projected in top 2 rounds in 2019 draft.

Nobody is saying JoMo didn't underachieve this year, the debate is about the long term W-L average. Mullen's average was 7-5. Moorhead has shown he can recruit at least as good as Mullen, and he's made great assistant hires thus far. IF this season was him adjusting and getting better, then he can absolutely average 7-5. If he doesn't learn from this year then he's going to be a bust. Anyone saying it's fore sure one way or the other is confusing opinion for fact. We simply don't know which way it'll break

yjnkdawg
01-25-2019, 08:52 PM
You realize we're 10th in the sec, right? That's essentially where we were with Mullen

I was referring to Cross, I don't know if we are 10th are not. I don't have all the time to research all those statistics that you do, and don't care to if I did. I'll just wait until the faxes are sent to see where we stand. You might know a Baker thread would turn into a negative JoeMo one. I think if there was a thread on Bully, our mascot that it would turn to something negative on JoeMo. You take jabs at JoeMo every chance you get.

BeardoMSU
01-25-2019, 08:53 PM

Every year is different, 7. The quality of this class, top to bottom (especially in the trenches), has a chance to be GREAT.

msstate7
01-25-2019, 08:59 PM
Every year is different, 7. The quality of this class, top to bottom (especially in the trenches), has a chance to be GREAT.

Sec west 4-stars or better:
Bama 27
aTm 16
LSU 13
Auburn 12
Ark 10
State 6
Om 5

This is exactly how the recruiting rankings play out too. We are 6th in the west. All of the teams above us have a BETTER chance to be great

Todd4State
01-25-2019, 09:08 PM

2018 o/u was 8.5
Predicted 3rd in west

We had two first round picks in 1995 after going 3-8 in Eric Moulds and Walt Harris.
Not sure how reliable most people consider FPI to be outside of ESPN. Three of our four first or second round picks are on the defense. I'd say both sides of the ball played to their talent level honestly. Really the biggest disappointment is Moorhead not being able to work a miracle with Fitzgerald by turning him into a 65% passer and Kentucky being the best that they have been since 1976.

This year was more about bad luck and first year kinks than anything else.

duncflydawg
01-25-2019, 09:20 PM
I would also say it?s not fair to compare JoMo year 1 of Power 5 coaching to year 9 Mullen. I can?t count the times that we all bitched about Mullen?s clock mismanagement and his dumb-ass play calling (Holloway up the middle anyone?). Give JoMo the same chance you gave Mullen. If he still sucks in 3 years, you figure it out then.

msstate7
01-25-2019, 09:22 PM
I would also say it?s not fair to compare JoMo year 1 of Power 5 coaching to year 9 Mullen. I can?t count the times that we all bitched about Mullen?s clock mismanagement and his dumb-ass play calling (Holloway up the middle anyone?). Give JoMo the same chance you gave Mullen. If he still sucks in 3 years, you figure it out then.

He certainly deserves at the very least next season. I know I'm hard on Moorhead, but no one wants him to succeed more than me. I'mjust not happy how this season played out

Goldendawg
01-25-2019, 09:24 PM
If this happens, it should be clear that Moorhead assembled and kept one hell of a staff. Two assistants would be at Bama, one a HC again, one to the Packers, and one to the Bucs.

That went 8 - 5.

Goldendawg
01-25-2019, 09:29 PM

bama has ruined the SEC and the college playoff system as a whole. Except for Clemson and a couple more, it's not even interesting anymore. The other bowls are a boring joke. The only thing I find interesting since attending my first State games in 63, is watching the dawgs play each Sat. with a chance to win some games.

Homedawg
01-25-2019, 09:34 PM
[QUOTE=Todd4State;1061278]Maybe as far as national perception. But we were only one year removed from 8-5 and winning the Liberty Bowl under Croom. And Dan inherited some pretty good players from Croom. Anthony Dixon, Arceto Clark, Derek Sherrod, Gabe Jackson, Fletcher Cox, Josh Boyd, KJ Wright, and Johnthan Banks were all on the team or recruits from Croom that went on to the NFL. That's a pretty good core group of players that ultimately had their day in the sun in 2010. Except for Dixon because he had graduated. Add in some Dan recruits like Chad Bumphis and then some solid college players like Relf, Hanrahan, Leon Berry, Quenton Saulsberry, Charles Mitchell, Corey Broomfield, Addison Lawrence and etc.

You might need to go back and check and see who dan inherited. Half of the guys you named were fr danms first year. Dan signed them. Now I won't give dan the credit for all of them. And with that said, in turn, I won't give moorhead credit for last year

Homedawg
01-25-2019, 09:35 PM
He certainly deserves at the very least next season. I know I'm hard on Moorhead, but no one wants him to succeed more than me. I'mjust not happy how this season played out

This. Agree 100%

Homedawg
01-25-2019, 09:37 PM
We had two first round picks in 1995 after going 3-8 in Eric Moulds and Walt Harris.
Not sure how reliable most people consider FPI to be outside of ESPN. Three of our four first or second round picks are on the defense. I'd say both sides of the ball played to their talent level honestly. Really the biggest disappointment is Moorhead not being able to work a miracle with Fitzgerald by turning him into a 65% passer and Kentucky being the best that they have been since 1976.

This year was more about bad luck and first year kinks than anything else.

I hope your last sentence is true. I swear I do. But seriously doubt it. He blew a golden opportunity. No other way to say it.

Homedawg
01-25-2019, 09:39 PM
Nobody is saying JoMo didn't underachieve this year, the debate is about the long term W-L average. Mullen's average was 7-5. Moorhead has shown he can recruit at least as good as Mullen, and he's made great assistant hires thus far. IF this season was him adjusting and getting better, then he can absolutely average 7-5. If he doesn't learn from this year then he's going to be a bust. Anyone saying it's fore sure one way or the other is confusing opinion for fact. We simply don't know which way it'll break

Wrong. There are lots of people saying he didn't underachieve. Lots say he had no talent on offense and therefore couldn't have a half ass offense. And that disagreement will continue.

Pit Bull
01-25-2019, 09:43 PM

Brian Baker was THE reason Fabien Lovett chose MSU over BAMA and Florida. Glad he has signed and in the fold!!!

Goldendawg
01-25-2019, 09:49 PM
Look at Moorhead?s start to the 2020 class in state if we want to talk recruiting compared to Mullen.

Commits that far away mean little in today's recruiting wars. Look at how many "commits" we have lost in the 2019 class. It's a dirty, cut throat bu$ness until the "student-athletes" sign the papers.

yjnkdawg
01-25-2019, 09:58 PM

Really????? Nobody was happy the way this season played out. If you ask JoeMo he will tell you the same thing. Some that actually know what they are talking about said it would have been a much better transition if JoeMo had come in under a rebuild year. The expectations were huge and really overblown , in some regards, and there was little room for error, and that is a lot of pressure on coach coming in under those circumstances. Fitz was not the same quarterback, mentally or physically, after his injury, and he never was going to be able to be converted into the type of passer that JoeMo needed. I highly doubt Mullen would have beaten OM, as he would have had his mind on job shopping like the prior year. So nobody knows what type season he would have had. It's all speculation. MSU was a temporary job (maybe 4 years at the most) for him when he came on according to a former assistant coach. It just didn't play out exactly like Mullen had planned it.

Dawg61
01-25-2019, 09:59 PM
Sec west 4-stars or better:
Bama 27
aTm 16
LSU 13
Auburn 12
Ark 10
State 6
Om 5

This is exactly how the recruiting rankings play out too. We are 6th in the west. All of the teams above us have a BETTER chance to be great

17ing A dude we are Mississippi State University. We are NEVER going to be rated in the top 10 in football recruiting. Know why??????? Cause the 17ing recruiting sites pay it BACK to the fanbases that give them the most money on subscriptions and clicks. It's not ****ing rocket surgery dude. It's a never ending blow job cycle. Recruiting sites rate players higher for the schools with the largest fanbases that click on their websites the most and read all their shitty articles. Shut the 17 up already about recruiting rankings. It's all BULLSHIT!!

Dawg61
01-25-2019, 10:01 PM
Wrong. There are lots of people saying he didn't underachieve. Lots say he had no talent on offense and therefore couldn't have a half ass offense. And that disagreement will continue.

Lots?? Lolz ok then quote two. Should be easy for you since there's lots.

Goldendawg
01-25-2019, 10:03 PM
Really????? Nobody was happy the way this season played out. If you ask JoeMo he will tell you the same thing. Some that actually know what they are talking about said it would have been a much better transition if JoeMo had come in under a rebuild year. The expectations were huge and really overblown , in my opinion,, and there was little room for error, and that is a lot of pressure on coach coming in under those circumstances. I highly doubt Mullen would have beaten OM, as he would have had his mind on job shopping like the prior year.. MSU was a temporary job (maybe 4 years) for him when he came on according to a former assistant coach.

He bit on the pre-season hype himself, "ring sizes, mantle space for Heisman, Championship Standards". Hope this was a learning process for better things in 2019. Hail state!

yjnkdawg
01-25-2019, 10:07 PM
He bit on the pre-season hype himself, "ring sizes, mantle space for Heisman, Championship Standards". Hope this was a learning process for better things in 2019. Hail state!

Yeah I agree. I think he will learn from that experience. I revised my post. Guess I'm getting sleepy LOL.

Homedawg
01-25-2019, 10:28 PM
17ing A dude we are Mississippi State University. We are NEVER going to be rated in the top 10 in football recruiting. Know why??????? Cause the 17ing recruiting sites pay it BACK to the fanbases that give them the most money on subscriptions and clicks. It's not ****ing rocket surgery dude. It's a never ending blow job cycle. Recruiting sites rate players higher for the schools with the largest fanbases that click on their websites the most and read all their shitty articles. Shut the 17 up already about recruiting rankings. It's all BULLSHIT!!

The last ever how many national champions disagree but sounds great. But wrong. Again.

Homedawg
01-25-2019, 10:30 PM
Lots?? Lolz ok then quote two. Should be easy for you since there's lots.

Guess you can't read. Just check the board..... lots whole lots. Carry on dumb ****.

Dawg61
01-25-2019, 10:39 PM
Guess you can't read. Just check the board..... lots whole lots. Carry on dumb ****.

So you're unable to quote anyone that you say is not disappointed with Moorhead and how this season played out despite you declaring there's lots of those people/posts. Got it.

Goldendawg
01-25-2019, 10:43 PM
So you're unable to quote anyone that you say is not disappointed with Moorhead and how this season played out despite you declaring there's lots of those people/posts. Got it.

Put me down as disappointed. Maybe as any season since '63.

Dawg61
01-25-2019, 10:46 PM
The last ever how many national champions disagree but sounds great. But wrong. Again.

Did this post make sense in your head somehow? The only national champion in the last since forever that would have a slightly worse than top 10 recruiting ranking on average over a ten year span would be Clemson and they have only finished outside the top15 once in that span. Try again dolt. Are we comparing ourselves to national champions now? Is that our expectation in recruiting cause we've earned that fair expectation to be placed on our HC? Absurd logic but that's not surprising coming from you.

tcdog70
01-25-2019, 10:50 PM
Whine about Satan and Bama, but when Bama is playing in the play offs, these same whiners are pulling for Bama and the SEC. 17 that, always pull for Bama to lose. Them winning never helps MSU

Dawg61
01-25-2019, 10:52 PM
Put me down as disappointed. Maybe as any season since '63.

Yea everyone's disappointed. That's my point. That's not Homedawg's point though. Prepare for him to call me stupid and say a couple ****'s here real soon.

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-25-2019, 11:52 PM
I love how every post that arouses emotion (recruit flips, coach leaves, we drop a game we shouldn't etc) brings out the emotional hot takes, which causes others to react emotionally to those hot takes, and then the thread has absolutely nothing to do with the original topic as everyone arguing about the terminal velocity of african swallows

Anyone have an update on the Baker rumors? It's been like 3 pages since him possibly leaving has been discussed.

Homedawg
01-26-2019, 12:13 AM
Whine about Satan and Bama, but when Bama is playing in the play offs, these same whiners are pulling for Bama and the SEC. 17 that, always pull for Bama to lose. Them winning never helps MSU

Sure it does. How do you think we have the paycheck we get? Cause bama is a national brand in football. ESPN Isnt paying for the sec network money because of us, ole miss and vandy. We just benefit from it. Our budget has made us a player in the sec west. Thanks to tv money. We will always be behind the rest of the league financially, but not like pre tv big money. We should thank em. It's not like bama winning the championship determines a many recruits between us or them

Homedawg
01-26-2019, 12:20 AM
Did this post make sense in your head somehow? The only national champion in the last since forever that would have a slightly worse than top 10 recruiting ranking on average over a ten year span would be Clemson and they have only finished outside the top15 once in that span. Try again dolt. Are we comparing ourselves to national champions now? Is that our expectation in recruiting cause we've earned that fair expectation to be placed on our HC? Absurd logic but that's not surprising coming from you.

Probing you are an idiot again- you said that rankings were based on who you were - therefore we would never be in the top 10 bc we are MSU. My point was, and yes I have to explain because you can't read your own shit, the rankings are probably based on the best players, considering the teams the win the championships are always among the best recruiters based on rankings. Go look at it. Or do I need to speed it out??? The only schools that win national championships are ones that recruit at an elite level! Yet your dumbass wants us not to take elite baseball players because they aren't old enough???? Yet bama takes 9th graders in football. Hmmmmmm

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-26-2019, 12:32 AM

Rocket surgery? Hahaha now that's funny.

Cooterpoot
01-26-2019, 12:34 AM
That paycheck. We get paid to be Bama’s b\?<?. Stop pulling for 17ing Bama. It’s damn stupid! The SEC gets big money regardless.

TUSK
01-26-2019, 12:59 AM
Some of yall seemed primed to start a counter culture revolution type thingy....

For starters, yall oughta boycott all the mags and recruiting services that purposely inflate the ratings of recruits for the teams that defeat teams that said media simultaneously deflate (ratings wise)....

If that doesn't gain traction, (as another poster on this board suggested): form an alliance with Ole Miss. Arkansas and possibly other SECW teams and strike against the status quo by rejecting the $40M in SEC handouts... If every disenfranchised and oppressed program refused all SEC entitlements and went on a quasi "hunger strike" in the current climate, parity could be artificially enforced.... I L8U is almost to the point becoming that swing vote...

Dawg61
01-26-2019, 01:00 AM
Probing you are an idiot again- you said that rankings were based on who you were - therefore we would never be in the top 10 bc we are MSU. My point was, and yes I have to explain because you can't read your own shit, the rankings are probably based on the best players, considering the teams the win the championships are always among the best recruiters based on rankings. Go look at it. Or do I need to speed it out??? The only schools that win national championships are ones that recruit at an elite level! Yet your dumbass wants us not to take elite baseball players because they aren't old enough???? Yet bama takes 9th graders in football. Hmmmmmm

You and your 8th graders dude. You're all in on Lemons already and he hasn't coached one damn game. What a 17ing idiot. I'm going to thoroughly enjoy destroying you into hiding the next 5 years bruh. Tick tock that's when the middle schoolers graduate walk. We got us two catchers committed for the 2024 season meanwhile we are starting Skelton as our catcher THIS YEAR. Hahahaha so 17ing stupid!! But Lemons is such a genius recruiter right.

Dawg61
01-26-2019, 01:07 AM
Sure it does. How do you think we have the paycheck we get? Cause bama is a national brand in football. ESPN Isnt paying for the sec network money because of us, ole miss and vandy. We just benefit from it. Our budget has made us a player in the sec west. Thanks to tv money. We will always be behind the rest of the league financially, but not like pre tv big money. We should thank em. It's not like bama winning the championship determines a many recruits between us or them

SEC could replace Bama with NC State tomorrow Derpdawg and we'd all get MORE money. Fact! Suck off Bama on another board.

TUSK
01-26-2019, 01:37 AM
SEC could replace Bama with NC State tomorrow Derpdawg and we'd all get MORE money. Fact! Suck off Bama on another board.

https://youtu.be/j0qm0KUPeD8

Offshore Dawg
01-26-2019, 04:29 AM
from a non coaching aspect, during some games the offense just dissipated, as in did not show up.

Jarius
01-26-2019, 05:20 AM
You and your 8th graders dude. You're all in on Lemons already and he hasn't coached one damn game. What a 17ing idiot. I'm going to thoroughly enjoy destroying you into hiding the next 5 years bruh. Tick tock that's when the middle schoolers graduate walk. We got us two catchers committed for the 2024 season meanwhile we are starting Skelton as our catcher THIS YEAR. Hahahaha so 17ing stupid!! But Lemons is such a genius recruiter right.

You're going to enjoy destroying him? For you to destroy him on this argument, MSU would need to fail. Why would you enjoy MSU failing?

msstate7
01-26-2019, 07:45 AM
You're going to enjoy destroying him? For you to destroy him on this argument, MSU would need to fail. Why would you enjoy MSU failing?

Well here's the thing... Dawg61 is quite possibly the dumbest message boarder ever. Replace Bama with nc state... what a dope

msstate7
01-26-2019, 07:48 AM
That paycheck. We get paid to be Bama’s b\?<?. Stop pulling for 17ing Bama. It’s damn stupid! The SEC gets big money regardless.

First off, I never pull for any sec teams in the bowl season... I'm a straight hater. With that said, a bunch of state fans banding together to pull for or against Bama doesn't have any magical power that actually influences the outcome of games

msstate7
01-26-2019, 08:01 AM

Om has had a top 10 class twice in the last 7 years, so there goes that theory.

I'm not asking for top 10 though, and I'm not even asking for top 20 but for certain circumstances. This year is one of those times... miss has 16 4-stars this year and 18 at 88 or better. Moorhead isn't having to deal with the OM that Mullen had to. We're still 6th in the west. We really need to close strong

DownwardDawg
01-26-2019, 08:34 AM

The national championship game was glorious!! I loved watching that beatdown. Unfortunately, it'll be the same 2 teams next year but the good news is that the outcome will be about the same.

msstate7
01-26-2019, 08:36 AM
The national championship game was glorious!! I loved watching that beatdown. Unfortunately, it'll be the same 2 teams next year but the good news is that the outcome will be about the same.

Nah, fromm taking Bama down next year

Ari Gold
01-26-2019, 08:38 AM
So the Baker is thread is pushing a dozen pages with maybe 3 actually concerning Coach Baker. Shocking

DownwardDawg
01-26-2019, 08:39 AM
Nah, fromm taking Bama down next year

Very likely. I think their run is over.

Cooterpoot
01-26-2019, 08:44 AM

I'm not asking for top 10 though, and I'm not even asking for top 20 but for certain circumstances. This year is one of those times... miss has 16 4-stars this year and 18 at 88 or better. Moorhead isn't having to deal with the OM that Mullen had to. We're still 6th in the west. We really need to close strong

88 ratings don’t help in the team rankings. We’re actually 5th in per recruit ranking in the west and we’d have to be almost a 92 average to get to 4th. AU is 4th. They have Handy and Hall, both have bogus high ratings. They’ll get Moore who is overrated too but not ridiculous like the other two. The rankings just aren’t real. Other than the top few teams, it’s hard to saying the rankings are legit to me. Even A&M in the past has been top 5 or so and they’ve sucked. Very little difference in 10-20+.

msstate7
01-26-2019, 08:49 AM
88 ratings don?t help in the team rankings. We?re actually 5th in per recruit ranking in the west and we?d have to be almost a 92 average to get to 4th. AU is 4th. They have Handy and Hall, both have bogus high ratings. They?ll get Moore who is overrated too but not ridiculous like the other two. The rankings just aren?t real. Other than the top few teams, it?s hard to saying the rankings are legit to me. Even A&M in the past has been top 5 or so and they?ve sucked. Very little difference in 10-20+.

I like how we say guys like handy and hall are overrated, but guys like James (probably overrated now) and Duncan are underrated. Did we recruit hall and handy or did our coaches realize they aren't any good too?

ETA... I include 88 or better bc that almost always equals an OM and state offer

Ari Gold
01-26-2019, 08:50 AM

Yes we need to continue to recruit the state well.
But go back and check in state recruiting over the last 8 years . We have outperformed OM during this time and yes even the Freeze era.
The reason Freeze and OM had the top 10 classes. Is because they went out the state and got big time talent. And everyone knows how that was done..

And concerning this years class it didn’t matter if it was Mullen, Joe, Jackie Wayne ,or whoever a lot of these kids were going out of state and if some stayed in state they were never coming here.. ( Jackson and Handy are 2 for sure)
Also some of these higher ranked 3 star players we passed on as did a lot of other SEC schools
Yes we need to finish strong and if we land one or both of Young and Mingo we have. And if we don’t we still addressed 2 big time needs OL and DL

msstate7
01-26-2019, 08:51 AM
So the Baker is thread is pushing a dozen pages with maybe 3 actually concerning Coach Baker. Shocking

Every thread that goes more than 2 pages never stays on topic

basedog
01-26-2019, 09:00 AM
[QUOTE=msstate7;1061396]Every thread that goes more than 2 pages never stays on topic[/QUOT

How do you know this stuff.....oh wait***LOL

Hambone
01-26-2019, 09:31 AM
So, is he going or not? So

msstate7
01-26-2019, 09:35 AM
So, is he going or not? So

Read on a Bama board that baker is still recruiting for us this weekend, so the posters there thought not.

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-26-2019, 09:48 AM
Read on a Bama board that baker is still recruiting for us this weekend, so the posters there thought not.

Thank you for bringing Baker news to the Baker thread. It's been about 100 posts since he was discussed lol. i fine the OT arguments entertaining but sometimes I just want to know about the original topic

vv83
01-26-2019, 10:24 AM
Where is Bama’s current DL coach going?

Dawgfan77
01-26-2019, 10:30 AM
Where is Bama’s current DL coach going?
what I?m being told is that the current DL coach is headed to Miami but not til after signing day.

Bdawg
01-26-2019, 10:45 AM
what I?m being told is that the current DL coach is headed to Miami but not til after signing day.

Well you would think if we keep Baker and Bama DL coach leaving, that would really help with Young even more. Is there such thing as a little bonus to go with that extention Baker signed?!?! Or is Cohen too tight. Time for Moorhead to tell Cohen to use some of that money that he didn't take when coming to MSU.

Dawg61
01-26-2019, 10:46 AM
Well here's the thing... Dawg61 is quite possibly the dumbest message boarder ever. Replace Bama with nc state... what a dope

You really don't understand how cable contracts work at all homie yet you're calling me the dumbest message boarder ever. You really should be institutionalized for brain retardation. There's two schools in the state of Alabama dipping into the same cable subscribers. Population of Alabama is 4.8 million. There's zero SEC schools in the state of North Carolina. North Carolina has a population of 10 million. Which state's population is larger and not currently cutting a check to the SEC for all the cable subscribers paying monthly fees to watch their SEC team play? Moron.

Oh so you'd like for MSU to blatantly cheat and get put on a bowl ban and scholarship reduction so that you can say it was worth it to have a top 10 recruiting class. Delete your account and sign up on nafoom today. Change your fan affiliation to Ole Miss on SEC Rant too.

msstate7
01-26-2019, 10:47 AM

Maybe if baker is leaving he's giving us the same courtesy. Didn't turner do this for us or did he just up and leave after signing day?

Bdawg
01-26-2019, 10:50 AM

Also, this is amazing that a current coach knows he's leaving but going to let him hang around till after signing day?? Why would Saban even want him there if he knows he's leaving? You figure the guy would be recruiting for Miami if it's a done deal he's going there.

msstate7
01-26-2019, 10:56 AM
You really don't understand how cable contracts work at all homie yet you're calling me the dumbest message boarder ever. You really should be institutionalized for brain retardation. There's two schools in the state of Alabama dipping into the same cable subscribers. Population of Alabama is 4.8 million. There's zero SEC schools in the state of North Carolina. North Carolina has a population of 10 million. Which state's population is larger and not currently cutting a check to the SEC for all the cable subscribers paying monthly fees to watch their SEC team play? Moron.

Oh so you'd like for MSU to blatantly cheat and get put on a bowl ban and scholarship reduction so that you can say it was worth it to have a top 10 recruiting class. Delete your account and sign up on nafoom today. Change your fan affiliation to Ole Miss on SEC Rant too.

The American conference has members in the following states: California, Florida, Ohio, North Carolina, Texas, tenn, Pennsylvania, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Kansas. Obviously being in these huge states this conference has a mega tv contract, right? No, you see the quality of conference matters, a lot. PAC12 and big 10 have bigger markets, but lesser money. Again, content matters.

About OM... you said that the services alter ratings to get the big programs all top 10. That clearly didn't happen with om. I even said I didn't expect us to be top 10 or even top 15

Dawg61
01-26-2019, 10:58 AM

I don't need MSU to fail to win the argument. Skelton sucking the season after he was the worst player on the field in Omaha will be enough and we'll still have 5 more years before the tots graduate and maybe see the field here.

Bdawg
01-26-2019, 10:58 AM
Maybe if baker is leaving he's giving us the same courtesy. Didn't turner do this for us or did he just up and leave after signing day?

What courtesy is he giving? It's not like the recruits won't find out if he's leaving. And if he's leaving, I'm sure he would be off the recruiting trail. If I were a recruit, I would point blank ask him what's up, too. But I see no courtesy by hanging around till after signing day

Red Sox Dawg
01-26-2019, 11:05 AM
Maybe it backfires on Bama and we keep Baker and sign Young. It may be nothing more than bad timing, but I wouldn’t put it past Saban and Bama to have floated it right before this weekend. At the same time, I don’t think Bama feels we are hard to recruit against...at least historically.

Dawg61
01-26-2019, 11:09 AM
The American conference has members in the following states: California, Florida, Ohio, North Carolina, Texas, tenn, Pennsylvania, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Kansas. Obviously being in these huge states this conference has a mega tv contract, right? No, you see the quality of conference matters, a lot. PAC12 and big 10 have bigger markets, but lesser money. Again, content matters.

About OM... you said that the services alter ratings to get the big programs all top 10. That clearly didn't happen with om. I even said I didn't expect us to be top 10 or even top 15

Man you just keep doubling down on stupid. Does the American conference have a TV network that charges each individual subscriber an extra $2 a month to watch like the SEC Network does? No no they don't. The only way content matters is if ESPN decides they'd like to renegotiate a smaller contract with the SEC the next time because they think the product has fallen off. That's never going to happen or at least not till a shit load of people stop paying money every month to watch SEC football. Having or not having Bama isn't going to hurt the needle one bit on SEC football. Probably would help it actually because the rest of us halfbreed schools might actually have a chance at a SEC Championship finally and will continue to watch longer into the season. Some dolts quit watching early right now because Bama has it wrapped up before November every year.

Om totally changed their recruiting strategy to intentionally go after the top 300 rated players. They waited to see who was ranked high and then recruited every single one of the players. They didn't recruit for a need base they just chased after recruiting rankings. You know this already.

preachermatt83
01-26-2019, 11:31 AM

I'm a huge LeMo fan. Have been from the beginning. Have said on more than one occasion that he will be the next mcdonnell. The staff he has is the best recruiting bunch in America.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-26-2019, 11:37 AM
Maybe it backfires on Bama and we keep Baker and sign Young. It may be nothing more than bad timing, but I wouldn’t put it past Saban and Bama to have floated it right before this weekend. At the same time, I don’t think Bama feels we are hard to recruit against...at least historically.

The way our defense has been playing I think Saban wants to shake things up here. We almost beat them last year and were a decent offense away from beating them this past year.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-26-2019, 11:39 AM
I'm a huge LeMo fan. Have been from the beginning. Have said on more than one occasion that he will be the next mcdonnell. The staff he has is the best recruiting bunch in America.

I thought Tadlock was a done deal? How did we get Lemonis?

basedog
01-26-2019, 02:02 PM
Pretty sure Saban isn't concerned with anyone in the Sec. He is eye balling Clemson as there competition.

KOdawg1
01-26-2019, 02:15 PM
Pretty sure Saban isn't concerned with anyone in the Sec. He is eye balling Clemson as there competition.

And Georgia

BuckyIsAB****
01-26-2019, 03:02 PM
So I assume hes not going