PDA

View Full Version : Women's game at Florida

RocketDawg
01-24-2019, 07:04 PM
Only available streaming on SECN+

LC Dawg
01-24-2019, 07:07 PM
Espinoza-Hunter drew the start in Bibby's spot.

msbulldog
01-24-2019, 07:07 PM
Not many folks there, I have it set up on my TV using a Roku Stick.

msbulldog
01-24-2019, 07:08 PM
Espinoza-Hunter drew the start in Bibby's spot.

I think she'll do okay after she gets some meaningful minutes.

RocketDawg
01-24-2019, 07:09 PM
I had it on my iPad using the WatchESPN app, then went to Hailstate.com and clicked the "watch" button. The WatchESPN app is several seconds ahead of the other method. Gonna try my Roku stick now.

Edit: FYI ... Using Roku has it at the same timing as the WatchESPN app (not surprising), and is a good 15 seconds ahead of going through the university site.

Score is 16-7 our way with 3:00 left in the first quarter.

confucius say
01-24-2019, 07:17 PM
Score?

RocketDawg
01-24-2019, 07:17 PM
Missouri/UK is on the SEC Network prime channel. It was a pretty good game the few minutes I watched it.

RocketDawg
01-24-2019, 07:18 PM
Score?

21-7 with about 2 minutes left in first quarter.

chef dixon
01-24-2019, 07:22 PM
I just find it hard to believe that this team is only ranked 7

RocketDawg
01-24-2019, 07:22 PM
27-9 end of first quarter.

LC Dawg
01-24-2019, 07:24 PM
Anriel Howard - 17
Remaining MSU players - 10
Florida - 9

chef dixon
01-24-2019, 07:24 PM
If we are being honest I think the top 7 teams are all 1a, 1b etc.

RocketDawg
01-24-2019, 07:25 PM
I just find it hard to believe that this team is only ranked 7

Yeah, but the 5 ahead of us are really good too. It's basically a 6 way tie for 2nd, with Notre Dame being a pretty clear #1, I think. #8 NC State seems to be pretty good too.

RocketDawg
01-24-2019, 07:31 PM
Florida is not a very good team, relatively speaking. They just got their first points in the paint 13 minutes into the game. 36-12 6 mins left in half.

RocketDawg
01-24-2019, 07:45 PM
54-22 at halftime. 16-0 run at the end.

Scared_Hitless
01-24-2019, 07:46 PM
This team is going to make a serious run come March excited to see it.

Pit Bull
01-24-2019, 07:52 PM
Vic could have put a blindfold on and picked out any 5 players to go against UF and we should win handily.

Pit Bull
01-24-2019, 07:55 PM

I'm gonna hold off until I see how well Chloe is replaced. She was one tough nut and a big body that could shoot 3's uncontested over smaller defenders. Hopefully, someone like Andra Hunter will step up, but even with that, we lose several inches in height at that position.

shannondawg
01-24-2019, 07:56 PM
Good dawg crowd behind the bench.

LC Dawg
01-24-2019, 08:04 PM
Watch Howard every time a shot goes up. That woman loves to rebound. A lot of male players could learn from her.

RocketDawg
01-24-2019, 08:05 PM
I'm gonna hold off until I see how well Chloe is replaced. She was one tough nut and a big body that could shoot 3's uncontested over smaller defenders. Hopefully, someone like Andra Hunter will step up, but even with that, we lose several inches in height at that position.

Yeah, but she's faster & quicker so there's that. Is it enough to make up? Looks OK tonight, but Florida's not much of a test. I just hate that Bibby got injured so badly, and I hope she can come back next year.

Lord McBuckethead
01-24-2019, 08:26 PM
One of the hardest things to do with an injury like that I would imagine staying fit for the upcoming year. From a pure players standpoint it was obvious that Bibby was more physically game ready after this offseason. Hope she comes back stronger.

Pit Bull
01-24-2019, 08:31 PM
Yeah, but she's faster & quicker so there's that. Is it enough to make up? Looks OK tonight, but Florida's not much of a test. I just hate that Bibby got injured so badly, and I hope she can come back next year.

If she rehabs well, that ACL will actually be stronger than the original equipment! LOL....but it is a tough rehab. Trainers will need to stay on her with a good routine.

RocketDawg
01-24-2019, 08:47 PM
For what it's worth, Vic never took his jacket off. And he was chewing the gals when he has a 45 point lead with 5 minutes to go. :)

msbulldog
01-24-2019, 08:48 PM
Chloe was averaging 11.9/game, Bre' amber Scott had 13 tonight before she fouled out on limited minutes.

msbulldog
01-24-2019, 08:58 PM
HAIL STATE!

LC Dawg
01-24-2019, 09:39 PM
Women took care of business as expected. It was nice seeing a lot of production out of some young players. May be the best game Myah Taylor has played.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-24-2019, 10:25 PM

I think the Oregon game was very telling. There is no doubt this team is talented but there are some weaknesses that will come out against good opponents. Florida is very very bad.

Dawg2003
01-24-2019, 10:41 PM
I think the Oregon game was very telling. There is no doubt this team is talented but there are some weaknesses that will come out against good opponents. Florida is very very bad.

I think we could have beaten Oregon with a change in defensive strategy. Vic has decided he is open to pulling them out of the press and playing some zone. I think he's finally realized that this team just isn't the best full court press, man to man against good teams. I would like to see us play Oregon again with a different type of defense.

State82
01-24-2019, 10:42 PM
T has 2 points, we get outrebounded, we're on the road. And we win by 48. Damn.

StarkVegasSteve
01-25-2019, 08:34 AM
I think we could have beaten Oregon with a change in defensive strategy. Vic has decided he is open to pulling them out of the press and playing some zone. I think he's finally realized that this team just isn't the best full court press, man to man against good teams. I would like to see us play Oregon again with a different type of defense.

Defense wasn't the issue against Oregon. It was the effort of McCowan and the fact that we were ice cold from 3 pt. range. Schaefer has even mentioned that some in his media sessions since that game. If she gives full effort then we probably win that one in a close one.

Dawg2003
01-25-2019, 08:59 AM
Defense wasn't the issue against Oregon. It was the effort of McCowan and the fact that we were ice cold from 3 pt. range. Schaefer has even mentioned that some in his media sessions since that game. If she gives full effort then we probably win that one in a close one.

Defense was a huge part of it. Oregon continuously beat us in the paint on drives and pick and rolls. Our man to man sucked and still does against decent teams. Our transition defense is also bad. We weren't ice cold from 3 point range because we don't shoot a lot of 3 point shots. I agree McCowan's woes added to it. We were actually okay until Danberry fouled out early in the 4th. That's when things really went downhill because she's our best defender. Lately, he's been pulling them out of the press and playing a matchup zone when needed.

Scared_Hitless
01-25-2019, 09:27 AM
Oregon and Marquette games are all you need to see in regards to our defense. Great Guard play will trouble us, like Louisville, ND, Ore those type of teams will be an issue, but Vic has shown he will go to zone. I think we can beat anyone and Vic is still fine-tuning this team.

StarkVegasSteve
01-25-2019, 09:42 AM
Defense was a huge part of it. Oregon continuously beat us in the paint on drives and pick and rolls. Our man to man sucked and still does against decent teams. Our transition defense is also bad. We weren't ice cold from 3 point range because we don't shoot a lot of 3 point shots. I agree McCowan's woes added to it. We were actually okay until Danberry fouled out early in the 4th. That's when things really went downhill because she's our best defender. Lately, he's been pulling them out of the press and playing a matchup zone when needed.

His decision to implement zone has been pleasantly surprising. I never thought he would let himself do that. But that's the sign of a good coach.

Dawg2003
01-25-2019, 11:17 AM
His decision to implement zone has been pleasantly surprising. I never thought he would let himself do that. But that's the sign of a good coach.

I'm glad he's being flexible. In the South Carolina press conference, he said he disliked losing more than playing zone.