PDA

View Full Version : new stats out

tcdog70
01-24-2019, 03:34 PM
Career

Rushing Attempts: Fitzgerald- 2nd (601)

Rushing Yards: Fitzgerald- 2nd (3,607)

Rushing Yards by a QB: Fitzgerald- 1st (3,607)

Yards Per Rush: Fitzgerald- 1st (6.0)

100-Yard Games: Fitzgerald- 1st (21)

Rushing Touchdowns: Fitzgerald- 1st (46)

Total Offense: Fitzgerald- 2nd (9,814)

Touchdowns Responsible For: Fitzgerald- 2nd (101)

All-Purpose Yards: Fitzgerald- 6th (3,616)

Passing Attempts: Fitzgerald- 2nd (942)

Passing Completions: Fitzgerald ? 2nd (511)

DawgNsuds
01-24-2019, 03:46 PM
Count me as one of those that didn't give him the credit he deserves. Outstanding career that I think each one of us wish was attributed to us. One thing that Dan, Dak and the 2014 run did was raise our expectations for MSU Football, which is a good thing. Nick sir, thank you for your effort, grit and commitment to MSU Football. Godspeed and best wishes in what is the next chapter. Hail State!

Matty Dispatch
01-24-2019, 03:49 PM
He is 2nd in passing yards and passing TDs as well.

Jack Lambert
01-24-2019, 04:00 PM
Too bad he could not have thrown to him self.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-24-2019, 04:02 PM
Just Imagine if those C*cksuckers hadn’t broke his ankle.

Commercecomet24
01-24-2019, 04:05 PM
Just Imagine if those C*cksuckers hadn’t broke his ankle.

Yep that his broken ankle changed a lot of things. There's no redemption for that bunch in oxford. Great career, Nick! Great competitor who left it all on the field! Proud he's a Dawg!

smootness
01-24-2019, 04:21 PM
Fitzgerald had a very good career and should be remembered fondly by State fans.

I don't say this to detract from his career. However, comparing football stats from the last 5-10 years to even the 10 years prior to that is misleading. It's like comparing baseball HR numbers from 1989 to 2003. Offense in football has skyrocketed across the sport.

msstate7
01-24-2019, 04:29 PM
Fitzgerald had a very good career and should be remembered fondly by State fans.

I don't say this to detract from his career. However, comparing football stats from the last 5-10 years to even the 10 years prior to that is misleading. It's like comparing baseball HR numbers from 1989 to 2003. Offense in football has skyrocketed across the sport.

Yep, I say the same thing when people wanna compare nfl QBs today to those in 80s and 90s. Take a look at these nfl greats' career passer rating and where that rating would rate among 2018 QBs...

Montana 92.3, tied for 22nd with mariota
Marino 86.4, 27th
Elway 79.9, 30th

BrunswickDawg
01-24-2019, 04:34 PM
And that is just his MSU stats -
In SEC history he is:
#19 in Career Rushing Yards, #1 for QBs
#26 in yards per attempt, #3 for QBs
#4 in Career Rushing TDs, #2 for QBs
#32 in passing TDs
#6 in TD's Responsible for
#11 in Total Plays

I consider anything that breaks into the Top 20 in SEC history, pretty damn good.

msstate7
01-24-2019, 04:37 PM
In SEC history he is:
#32 in passing TDs
#11 in Total Plays

I consider anything that breaks into the Top 20 in SEC history, pretty damn good.

Absolutely. Fitz had a great career.

No BS Dawg
01-24-2019, 05:10 PM
Fitz is one of my all time favorite players. He is up there just behind Dak. He did some frustrating things, for sure, but his greatest attribute is that he is simply a warrior. I will always respect and appreciate that about him and am glad he put himself and MSU in the record books with those number he produced. Congrats, Fitz! Well deserved!

Rick Danko
01-24-2019, 05:21 PM
Breeland Speaks will forever be one of my most hated Rebels for that cheap shit he pulled

Matty Dispatch
01-24-2019, 05:43 PM

So nothing would or could be misleading, how about win total in games started.....(which Fitz started two games in his career that he only played the first two series and State lost):

Bond: 25
Dak: 23
Madkin: 22
Fitz: 21
Taite: 16
Don Smith: 15
Felker: 12
Russell: 12
Jackie Parker: 10

msstate7
01-24-2019, 05:50 PM
So nothing would or could be misleading, how about win total in games started.....(which Fitz started two games in his career that he only played the first two series and State lost):

Fitz certainly wins both those games if he played them all. Mullen robbed him of one and OM the other. Williams ran 12 times for 93 vs USA... you know fitz would've ran for way more than that and housed a couple of those Williams' runs

Leeshouldveflanked
01-24-2019, 06:00 PM
Breeland Speaks will forever be one of my most hated Rebels for that cheap shit he pulled

Matt Luke will make about $9 Million because of that ankle

Lord McBuckethead
01-24-2019, 09:03 PM
Fitz certainly wins both those games if he played them all. Mullen robbed him of one and OM the other. Williams ran 12 times for 93 vs USA... you know fitz would've ran for way more than that and housed a couple of those Williams' runs

Wonder how many games Dak would have won with Aeris joining his team. Or Fitz with the Freds and DeRunnya. Imaging Fitz with Aeris and AJ Brown to take the top off the defense.

Lord McBuckethead
01-24-2019, 09:05 PM
Fitz is one of my all time favorite players. He is up there just behind Dak. He did some frustrating things, for sure, but his greatest attribute is that he is simply a warrior. I will always respect and appreciate that about him and am glad he put himself and MSU in the record books with those number he produced. Congrats, Fitz! Well deserved!

Yeah man, Fitz was a warrior. No way he loses to UM in 2017. Also, I would imagine this entire year would have been better if he was 100% through spring ball.

Its kind of unfortunatw that KT never had a shot to redshirt a year and start his sophomore year.

Cooterpoot
01-24-2019, 09:12 PM
Fitz was a good runner.

RiverCityDawg
01-24-2019, 09:14 PM

Speaks was a dick the whole game and tried the tomahawk chop on KT, but Gates is the one that barrel rolled into Fitz's ankle.

msstate7
01-24-2019, 09:27 PM
Fitz was a good runner.

He was a great runner. ESPN qbr run epa had him 2nd nationally in 2016, and he was 5th in 2017. Overall QBr had him 19th nationally in 2016 and 14th in 2017. Fitz is a damn good player if used correctly

Cooterpoot
01-24-2019, 09:47 PM
Fitz limits your offense with his inability to pass the ball.

bulldawg28
01-24-2019, 09:52 PM
Mullen made Fitz a great player.

SmokeyDawg
01-25-2019, 04:04 AM

This comment is dumb in multiple facets, but how would he have any of these records without Mullen?

BiscuitEater
01-25-2019, 06:11 AM
However, comparing football stats from the last 5-10 years to even the 10 years prior to that is misleading. .

Here is a comparison for you and the MAIN stat that counts .. MSU, last ten years 78-51, 9 straight bowls, eight winning seasons. MSU, previous 10 years, 47-71, 3 bowls, 3 winning seasons.

Yeah, yeah .. it's easier to get to a bowl, now. Got it. But, the SEC and especially the SEC, West has has become a way bigger beast over the past ten years.

msstate7
01-25-2019, 06:45 AM
This comment is dumb in multiple facets, but how would he have any of these records without Mullen?
It was wins. I have no doubt we beat USA if fitz plays the whole game. D. Williams ran wild on USA... Williams is no where close to the runner fitz is. If you're gonna call someone dumb, you should at least know what you're talking about. Of course, I have no way of proving we win that game with fitz, but that post wasn't even about records

msbulldog
01-25-2019, 08:52 AM

Correct Smoot, not detracting, just reality. Its like the early days of football when the the forward pass was not utilized.

msbulldog
01-25-2019, 08:58 AM

Damn that's eye opening, thanks. +1

msbulldog
01-25-2019, 09:43 AM
Mullen made Fitz a great player.

Mullet is a good coach, who know how to maximize the abilities of his players and minimize their shortcomings. The best example is Felipe Franks, who played way better this year.

BrunswickDawg
01-25-2019, 10:34 AM
It was wins. I have no doubt we beat USA if fitz plays the whole game. D. Williams ran wild on USA... Williams is no where close to the runner fitz is. If you're gonna call someone dumb, you should at least know what you're talking about. Of course, I have no way of proving we win that game with fitz, but that post wasn't even about records

Fitz also played most of the Troy game in '15. Dak was sick, played maybe 3 series and threw a TD, and Fitz took us the rest of the way with 2 passing TDs and 1 rushing. Of course it helped that we had a fumble recovery for a TD and a punt return TD and were up 21-0 by the time Dak left.

SmokeyDawg
01-25-2019, 11:28 AM

Not to take away from what he did for us, but if Fitz would have handled everything he was suppose to, he would have played the whole USA game and wouldn't have been suspended for the first game this year. I wouldn't say anyone robbed him. Especially since he gave Fitz an opportunity that no one else did.

Matty Dispatch
01-25-2019, 01:08 PM
Fitz also played most of the Troy game in '15. Dak was sick, played maybe 3 series and threw a TD, and Fitz took us the rest of the way with 2 passing TDs and 1 rushing. Of course it helped that we had a fumble recovery for a TD and a punt return TD and were up 21-0 by the time Dak left.

The point is that Fitz was taken out due to a coaches' poor decision and a gruesome injury in winnable games that cost him wins. Add in his own stupid decision to cost himself a win in 2018 and there's 3 games he should've easily had but didn't....which would've put him over Dak in terms of wins.

It doesn't feel like Fitz had the career Dak had because he wasn't the leader Dak was, took State to #1 and excelled at running more than throwing than Dak. But in just W/L, he's right there with Dak if not for some unusual circumstances.

tcdog70
01-25-2019, 11:06 PM
Isn't it amazing that Dak became a much better passer when the cowboys signed Cooper? Imagine what Fitz would have accomplished with just 0ne SEC talent at WRs. As a Sophomore he lead the SEC in total offense. Why because he had Fred Ross. As the years go by, we will appreciate Fitz more.

Political Hack
01-26-2019, 02:37 PM
In SEC history he is:
#32 in passing TDs
#11 in Total Plays

That's outstanding production. If he had a few less drops he'd have a few more wins and few more TDs.

Turfdawg67
01-26-2019, 02:55 PM
Fitz was a good runner.

Fitz limits your offense with his inability to pass the ball.

Aww... you took two jabs and no one responded. Sorry.