PDA

View Full Version : A little surprised to see this, however.....

Pit Bull
01-24-2019, 05:41 AM
....things have been improving a bit. Being that it could be our football team's possible destination(figuring we go 7-5) this coming season, there is plenty to do. I would make sure to visit the Pro Bass Pyramid Store if you don't do anything else. Like most considerable sized cities, it's always good to know where you are going and not get into the wrong neighborhoods. Avoiding the MS-13, Bloods, Crypts, or Aryan Brotherhood areas are always a good thing. Wouldn't hurt to have your concealed carry also....just in case.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/tripideas/this-southern-city-was-just-named-the-worlds-best-destination-to-visit-for-2019/ar-BBSEfSS?ocid=spartandhp

MedDawg
01-24-2019, 08:59 AM
....things have been improving a bit. Being that it could be our football team's possible destination(figuring we go 7-5) this coming season, there is plenty to do. I would make sure to visit the Pro Bass Pyramid Store if you don't do anything else. Like most considerable sized cities, it's always good to know where you are going and not get into the wrong neighborhoods. Avoiding the MS-13, Bloods, Crypts, or Aryan Brotherhood areas are always a good thing. Wouldn't hurt to have your concealed carry also....just in case.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/tripideas/this-southern-city-was-just-named-the-worlds-best-destination-to-visit-for-2019/ar-BBSEfSS?ocid=spartandhp

I've been enjoying Memphis many times the past couple years--concerts, plays, Grizzlies, bar scene, and restaurants. Spent a lot of time downtown and some on South Main and midtown. I thought South Main was a scary dangerous place (it probably was when I was a student at State), but it's been gentrified and it's cool now. Stayed at the Bass Pro Shop hotel as well as several downtown hotels close to FedEx. Stayed at airbnb's in downtown and midtown. Went to the Pink Palace. Spent a weekend in midtown and enjoyed Railgarten and Overton Square.

Never felt unsafe, although the mall in East Memphis is apparently becoming scary so I'm minimizing my time there.