PDA

View Full Version : Cameron Christ 2023 baseball commit

AlSwearengen
01-23-2019, 09:03 PM
From Lake Charles, LA. Looks like coach Gautreau is hitting la hard. It appears that there are some more lake Charles players that we might be after. Hopefully Dawg61 doesn?t ruin this thread.

I seen it dawg
01-23-2019, 09:42 PM
He won't. Is it a Barbe kid?

The Federalist Engineer
01-23-2019, 10:04 PM
From Lake Charles, LA. Looks like coach Gautreau is hitting la hard. It appears that there are some more lake Charles players that we might be after. Hopefully Dawg61 doesn?t ruin this thread.

These LA schools really lock down the state, is this the result of the special LA state scholarship created by the lottery?

Homedawg
01-23-2019, 10:08 PM
So looking at our classes going forward - 2020 we have 9commits,, 21- 8, 22-3 and 23- 2. The 20 class last will start to see some movement soon. Several good drafts in that group too. Which is part of it. I like how we are going about it-recruit the elite, oversign and know you will lose some. But you can't get them on campus if you don't sign them.

AlSwearengen
01-23-2019, 10:13 PM
He won't. Is it a Barbe kid?

I can’t seem to find that. I have seen that we are after a SS from Barbee.

Todd4State
01-23-2019, 10:34 PM
These LA schools really lock down the state, is this the result of the special LA state scholarship created by the lottery?

LSU dominates Louisiana and always will with or without a lottery. They have a rich tradition like us and they grow up wanting to play for LSU before going to MLB. Maybe Ginn will start the attitude of MSU fans wanting to play for MSU before going to MLB.

TOPS is in danger of running out or being discontinued. It will actually hurt their out of state recruiting more because what they do is get a local player who would probably walk-on the TOPS money and it allows them more flexibility to give money to an out of state player. The rules where x amount have to be on scholarship hurts them some on that though.

Todd4State
01-23-2019, 10:36 PM
So looking at our classes going forward - 2020 we have 9commits,, 21- 8, 22-3 and 23- 2. The 20 class last will start to see some movement soon. Several good drafts in that group too. Which is part of it. I like how we are going about it-recruit the elite, oversign and know you will lose some. But you can't get them on campus if you don't sign them.

I do too. We're setting ourselves up to be very sustainable for the future. Hopefully we finally have some stability with the coaching staff now.

The Federalist Engineer
01-23-2019, 10:41 PM
I do too. We're setting ourselves up to be very sustainable for the future. Hopefully we finally have some stability with the coaching staff now.

Yes indeed, I love this pipeline of HS talent...to think we used to be a JUCO transfer program until just a few years ago. We got some players but that strategy had a very limited ceiling

Todd4State
01-23-2019, 11:30 PM
Yes indeed, I love this pipeline of HS talent...to think we used to be a JUCO transfer program until just a few years ago. We got some players but that strategy had a very limited ceiling

Some of that was Cohen trying to rebuild us as quickly as possible. I think in 2015 it just bottomed out on us along with the baseball changing. And I think the class that really started to change it was our 2015 class which to kick the ant hill was the first one with an 8th grade recruit in it with LA, Stovall, and Mangum in it. Recruiting JUCO's was very hit or miss for us- Nate Lowe and Jack Kruger helped us fill holes in 2016 to help us win the SEC but at the same time as I mentioned 2015 was really bad.

preachermatt83
01-23-2019, 11:55 PM
This staff is full of the best recruiters in America. LeMo is a recruiting genius and goTro is quickly becoming a machine.

louisvilledawg
01-24-2019, 09:12 AM
This staff is full of the best recruiters in America. LeMo is a recruiting genius and goTro is quickly becoming a machine.

Love Gautreau, just feel like he won't be here much longer and he will move to a bigger program. Hope that day doesn't come, but we all know it will. Sad

AlSwearengen
01-24-2019, 11:10 AM
Love Gautreau, just feel like he won't be here much longer and he will move to a bigger program. Hope that day doesn't come, but we all know it will. Sad

Gautreau will move to a head coaching position somewhere. He would take an assistants position in a bigger city because his wife wants out.

Dawg61
01-24-2019, 02:08 PM
LeMo is a recruiting genius

Not sure if serious

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-24-2019, 10:30 PM

CHRIST what a name!