PDA

View Full Version : Targeting rule might be changed by the NCAA

RocketDawg
01-22-2019, 09:50 PM
Looking to have two categories: intentional and unintentional. Intentional would remain as now, but unintentional would only be a 15 yard penalty. That makes a lot more sense than the current rule.

Liverpooldawg
01-22-2019, 09:58 PM
Looking to have two categories: intentional and unintentional. Intentional would remain as now, but unintentional would only be a 15 yard penalty. That makes a lot more sense than the current rule.

Logical, but very hard to actually enforce.

msstate7
01-22-2019, 10:00 PM
They gonna hook em up to a lie detector test?

starkvegasdawg
01-22-2019, 10:02 PM
Might as well describe it as targeting against a an elite team is current penalty. An elite team targeting a regular team is just 15 yards...if it's called at all.

TUSK
01-22-2019, 10:05 PM
Might as well describe it as targeting against a an elite team is current penalty. An elite team targeting a regular team is just 15 yards...if it's called at all.

Wait a minute... Are you saying that these rule changes come with the possibility that Bammer might get a penalty called on them????

Hold my beer, I gotta make a phone call.*

parabrave
01-22-2019, 10:10 PM
Wait a minute... Are you saying that these rule changes come with the possibility that Bammer might get a penalty called on them????

Now you know that will never happen. Just like Bama receivers are still eligible even after they go out of bounds on their own accord.

Mjoelner34
01-22-2019, 10:13 PM

Not until the bowl game.

BuckyIsAB****
01-22-2019, 10:16 PM

Sounds really dumb. Either it is or it aint. If it aint it should be overturned no penalty no nothing play ball.

I remember the days when if it hit the ground it was incomplete and if you got hit you got hit. Nothing vicious about it

Leroy Jenkins
01-23-2019, 08:21 AM
I don't see how you can leave the rule up to deciphering "intent". Seems like a recipe for confusion and consternation.

Ari Gold
01-23-2019, 08:29 AM
That’s progress... But I’m sure replay will screw it up more times than not

Political Hack
01-23-2019, 09:00 AM
They can change the rules every year and it still won't change the fact that we're mostly State and Saints fans. The eternal screwing will continue.

dawgday166
01-23-2019, 09:04 AM

SMH ...not hardly.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-23-2019, 09:38 AM

something else to evaluate during a long ass review.....geezus