The announcers said he was an nba player, but I don't see it

He's projected to go in the first 2 rounds, I don't understand it

BuckyIsAB****
01-22-2019, 08:56 PM

Hell no. He doesnt give a shit. He has went backwards

Political Hack
We are an embarrassment to the game of basketball. It's like they're all freshmen. No poise. I hate calling guys out, but there were two guys tonight that shouldn't have even suited up.

And I don't mind losing at Rupp. It's to be expected, but they guys have no guts right now.

Lance Harbor
First two rounds of Mike Tyson's punch out?

Cloak
01-22-2019, 08:57 PM
No one f'ing wins at Rupp. Get over it.

This. The announcers said the win-loss record at Rupp and it was shocking. Don't remember the exact numbers.

BuckyIsAB****
No one f'ing wins at Rupp. Get over it.

Oh Im over it big time. So is everyone else. Thats why no one goes to watch them play selfish lazy basketball.

Bdawg
I'm having flashbacks of "white men can't jump." "We need to gather up all these brick for a house so yo mama will have a place to live." Except we could build a whole freaking condominium

MarketingBully
Actually, we had it to 2 and are going to lose by 20. That's pretty bad.

Can’t have 4 of your starting 5 playing like shit. It set the tone for this game and Howland couldn’t find any five that could play together at all. This was a disgrace of a game. We play like this anymore this year and we won’t be going to the NCAA tournament.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-22-2019, 08:58 PM
Does Howland get to bank those two time outs? What a joke.

msstate7

He's a long guy that can shoot. I see why an nba team may draft him 2nd round. No way he makes a roster though

RocketDawg
This. The announcers said the win-loss record at Rupp and it was shocking. Don't remember the exact numbers.

I didn't catch that, but they said the last time we beat a Top 10 team on the road was 1995.

Saltydog
01-22-2019, 08:59 PM
there.

Dawgcap
01-22-2019, 08:59 PM
Hell are shooting percentages after cutting it to 2 should be interesting. The effort was there on D until we were out of it. Announced stat of 19-61. You don’t beat anyone shooting like that. I’m not always a fan of Howland but this was a team playing with effort who couldn’t shoot tonight

Bdawg
01-22-2019, 09:00 PM

NBA players don't disappear they way he does

Madisonmd
01-22-2019, 09:01 PM
NBA players don't disappear they way he does

Not an NBA player for sure! Not nearly explosive enough!

HoopsDawg
01-22-2019, 09:02 PM
Hell are shooting percentages after cutting it to 2 should be interesting. The effort was there on D until we were out of it. Announced stat of 19-61. You don’t beat anyone shooting like that. I’m not always a fan of Howland but this was a team playing with effort who couldn’t shoot tonight

Yeah, but we are consistently horrible in the half court. This is a team that should be playing 4 out 1 in like Villanova or we should be running and gunning. I don't know what we are doing.

MrKotter
Said all year, laziest bunch I?ve ever seen. Worthless

Madisonmd
ESPN must be an old Indian word meaning, "pro Kentucky broadcast"

Esac44
01-22-2019, 09:03 PM
I could have saved phone battery by NOT listening to that circus.

MarketingBully
01-22-2019, 09:03 PM
Nick should be embarrassed with the way he played tonight. I guess Holman’s defense is what it is and the no defense effort is what we should expect. His ass needs to be on the bench as much as we need him out there. This shit is on Howland as he’s been coddling these guys all year long. I really don’t understand this shit at all. This is a talented team on paper and when they play with effort on both ends they play well. What I saw tonight was a shit show special. This team is going to **** around and get a 10 or 11 seed or even worse a play-in game. We play like we did tonight and this team won’t do shit.

HoopsDawg
01-22-2019, 09:06 PM
Holman and Ado combined for 0 points. That's 0 points for your starting frontcourt. But Holman did manage to grab 2 rebounds and held his man to under 30 points.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-22-2019, 09:06 PM
Has no one ever tried to hire George Brooks away from us?

civildawg
01-22-2019, 09:07 PM
I?m ready for howland to ?retire? year 4 and we get blown out in conference games

MarketingBully
01-22-2019, 09:08 PM
ESPN must be an old Indian word meaning, "pro Kentucky broadcast"

That’s more on us then them. If we had come to play tonight, it would have been a balanced game broadcasting wise. Problem is Nick decided to not show up at all and Holman gave his normal defensive effort. This team has serious flaws that could have been fixed by Howland by scolding and setting the tone in the early season in playing time. You don’t play with effort you’re on the bench with me. This players coach Howland is worthless. He just is. I want the asshole Howland that led the Pittsburgh and UCLA programs. That guy is long gone and this guy is an old fuddy duddy.

Madisonmd
Back off the ledge people! They were better than us, longer, quicker, and more athletic! There is a reason Cal is 160-8 at Rupp

msstate7
Holman and Ado combined for 0 points. That's 0 points for your starting frontcourt. But Holman did manage to grab 2 rebounds and held his man to under 30 points.

Had his family there too. Ouch

Skydawg1
01-22-2019, 09:10 PM
The announcers said he was an nba player, but I don't see itHe's tall, can hit three's, and doesn't play defense. Viola. NBA Player.

MarketingBully
01-22-2019, 09:11 PM
Back off the ledge people! They were better than us, longer, quicker, and more athletic! There is a reason Cal is 160-8 at Rupp

Oh shut up with this shit. Did you watch the game? When we gave a shit we had the game to 2 points. You want to know what happened after that? Howland took Q out and had Holman and Nick W come back in and that led to us getting our shit kicked back in. The only player who played worth a shit at all tonight was Q.

Dawgcap
01-22-2019, 09:12 PM
Yeah, but we are consistently horrible in the half court. This is a team that should be playing 4 out 1 in like Villanova or we should be running and gunning. I don't know what we are doing.

I don’t disagree at all. We play 3-4 guards and we don’t push the ball. But with the team we play we still have to have guys knock down shots. Effort on D was there. We are very stagnant on O but even with our offense we still didn’t make shots to win it. So what do you do because even with effort I honestly can’t claim I know who are go to guys are on a consistent game to game situation

BuckyIsAB****
01-22-2019, 09:13 PM

That would be ok if rick ray was still coaching but this team is talented too

Dawgcap
01-22-2019, 09:14 PM
Oh shut up with this shit. Did you watch the game? When we gave a shit we had the game to 2 points. You want to know what happened after that? Howland took Q out and had Holman and Nick W come back in and that led to us getting our shit kicked back in. The only player who played worth a shit at all tonight was Q.

Seriously not being an ass but not 1 guy had a decent offensive effort. It’s easy to question subs but not 1 guy played good on offense. Not 1

Dawgcap
01-22-2019, 09:16 PM
That would be ok if rick ray was still coaching but this team is talented too

We haven’t won a road game against a top 10 team since 95. So that entails other coaches

Saltydog
01-22-2019, 09:21 PM
of us did expect was for this team to keep it close and that didn't happen. What we have in Howland is exactly what we had under Stans and that's a good recruiter who's not necessarily a good coach. Just like in football, we are very undisciplined. That's a direct reflection on the coaching.

MarketingBully
01-22-2019, 09:24 PM
5 ****ing assists. Holman took 2 shots? Ado didn’t take a shot at all. Nick turned the ball over 4 times. 3/20 from 3. Did we run an offense at all this game? What did Howland do during that game? He sure as shit didn’t coach. I guess he yelled but he didnt call many if any timeouts to calm us down. Wow that’s the worst game we have played I’d say easily in 10 years in relation to our talent.

msstate7
01-22-2019, 09:24 PM
of us did expect was for this team to keep it close and that didn't happen. What we have in Howland is exactly what we had under Stans and that's a good recruiter who's not necessarily a good coach. Just like in football, we are very undisciplined. That's a direct reflection on the coaching.

Yeah, line was 6.5. I read some comments on game preview on espn. Most of the Kentucky fans expected a really close game

MarketingBully
01-22-2019, 09:25 PM
How do you have 5 assists in a game? That has to be one of our lowest totaled we’ve had even under Ray.

Dawgology
01-22-2019, 09:25 PM
Basketball version of this years football team. Talented but poorly coached and executed.

Difference: learned my lesson with football. I’m out of MBB for the season.

Can’t wait to see the Howland defenders light up the board tonight. Those weirdos are always fun to read.

parabrave
01-22-2019, 09:27 PM
Howland answering Coach Williams query what happened after we got to 2 with 13 to go. Cliffnote answer, we just fell apart.

LC Dawg
01-22-2019, 09:27 PM
We haven’t won a road game against a top 10 team since 95. So that entails other coaches

I'd love to know how many games that has been because a lot of those years Kentucky was probably the only top 10 team in the league. Florida had a run in there too. Until divisions were eliminated we would have played them at home every other year.

msugolf
01-22-2019, 09:29 PM
Basketball version of this years football team. Talented but poorly coached and executed.

Can’t wait to see the Howland defenders light up the board tonight. Those weirdos are always fun to read.

Right there with you. It takes every ounce of State fandom I have to watch this team. But don't worry, next year is a rebuilding year.

MarketingBully
Yeah, line was 6.5. I read some comments on game preview on espn. Most of the Kentucky fans expected a really close game

If you look at our stats, you can see just how poorly we played. How does two of your starting five go 0-2 from the field for a whole game? How does our collection of guards have 5 assists to 15 turnovers? I can’t think of a poorer game we have played stats wise in the last 20 years then the one we played tonight. It was bad.

Dawgcap
We shot 19-61. That explains a lot of the assist issues.

msstate7
01-22-2019, 09:31 PM
If you look at our stats, you can see just how poorly we played. How does two of your starting five go 0-2 from the field for a whole game? How does our collection of guards have 5 assists to 15 turnovers? I can’t think of a poorer game we have played stats wise in the last 20 years then the one we played tonight. It was bad.

That assist to TO ratio reminds me of Jamont Gordon team when he was a freshman

tcdog70
01-22-2019, 09:31 PM
How do you have 5 assists in a game? That has to be one of our lowest totaled we’ve had even under Ray.

If you miss your shots you get no assist , we cut it to 2 then missed every shot. Ado didn't score because he turned it over every time. Our freshmen played hard but couldn't throw it in the ocean. Q played a good game, when he came out we stunk extra bad. Carter had a pretty good game, but after Q and Carter the rest went to shit and the hogs ate them.

Plus, the Refs make sure KY gets to the foul line.

MarketingBully
01-22-2019, 09:32 PM
Howland answering Coach Williams query what happened after we got to 2 with 13 to go. Cliffnote answer, we just fell apart.

That’s on him 100%. He took Q out and we went to shit. I’d of played Q 40 minutes tonight. He was the only one even trying out there. The minute he took him out it went boom back up to 7 really quickly. His non-use of timeouts sucked too. He had no idea what to do out there tonight and his sub patterns sucked as well.

Dawgcap
01-22-2019, 09:33 PM
That’s on him 100%. He took Q out and we went to shit. I’d of played Q 40 minutes tonight. He was the only one even trying out there. The minute he took him out it went boom back up to 7 really quickly. His non-use of timeouts sucked too. He had no idea what to do out there tonight and his sub patterns sucked as well.

Dude had a finger stuck in his eye

tcdog70
01-22-2019, 09:35 PM

Howland can't make shots for them. We got good looks but missed them. Our players asses were too tight. Players have to play

MarketingBully
01-22-2019, 09:36 PM
We shot 19-61. That explains a lot of the assist issues.

You want your assists around 70% of the made baskets. When we moved and shared the ball, we had it around 78%. 5 of 19 is 21%. It’s down right dreadful no matter how you look at it.

Dawgcap
01-22-2019, 09:36 PM
By the way Q played 34 minutes.

MarketingBully
01-22-2019, 09:38 PM
Dude had a finger stuck in his eye

He had come back in at that point. He was fine. Howland took him out for a blow (which was the wrong move).

msstate7
01-22-2019, 09:40 PM
Auburn has lost 2 straight, and they're 2-3 in sec. We're 2-3 in sec. This is a huge game for both teams. Loser could be in danger

tcdog70
01-22-2019, 09:41 PM
He's a long guy that can shoot. I see why an nba team may draft him 2nd round. No way he makes a roster though

Finally a post I agree with. Hell he either needs to play with some effort or sit his ass on the bench

Dawgcap
01-22-2019, 09:42 PM
You want your assists around 70% of the made baskets. When we moved and shared the ball, we had it around 78%. 5 of 19 is 21%. It’s down right dreadful no matter how you look at it.

Based on how many baskets? If we shoot 45-50% what would it have been. Look I agree but we missed several point blank layups and hit 1 3 pointer and were down 3. We didn’t close cause not 1 player shot remotely decent. At the end of the day our players didn’t shoot well. Are the coaching issues? Sure but our effort was there tonight. We faltered after cutting to 2 and not making a basket the next several minutes.

Dawgcap
01-22-2019, 09:44 PM

Again how is our coach to blame when Q came out?

Captain Falcon
01-22-2019, 09:45 PM
Auburn has lost 2 straight, and they're 2-3 in sec. We're 2-3 in sec. This is a huge game for both teams. Loser could be in danger

That’s a game we pretty much have to win at home.

HancockCountyDog
01-22-2019, 09:46 PM
15 turnovers to 5 assists

You would love to have a 2 to 1 assist/turnover ratio, not 1/3;

That has to get fixed, this was a freebie no reason to worry about it.

Huge game Saturday. Both teams gotta have it.

Lance Harbor
01-22-2019, 10:01 PM
Forget using facts and logic. The Bitty Mob has made their decision as to fault and making open shots does not factor in.

Based on how many baskets? If we shoot 45-50% what would it have been. Look I agree but we missed several point blank layups and hit 1 3 pointer and were down 3. We didn’t close cause not 1 player shot remotely decent. At the end of the day our players didn’t shoot well. Are the coaching issues? Sure but our effort was there tonight. We faltered after cutting to 2 and not making a basket the next several minutes.

msstate7
01-22-2019, 10:10 PM
Alabama is starting to round into form. They only lost at tenn bc of FTs. They blasting om

Dawgcap
01-22-2019, 10:18 PM
Forget using facts and logic. The Bitty Mob has made their decision as to fault and making open shots does not factor in.

I said this in another post but we are star heavy in perimeter players but we aren’t super deep. Howland can’t bench several because it weakens is. But damn he has to work the ball inside instead of doing a weave at the top of the circle. I loved the effort but we have got to roll with the talent we have and they are outside guys. Ado must be somewhat of a presence but while I agrewith several on a zone I’m more pissed we aren’t employing a zone we need to throw a press multiple times a game to have our guys having an attack attitude toward the baske after a steal. D steals will translate to more aggressive guard play on O

Dawgology
01-22-2019, 10:41 PM
Howland can't make shots for them. We got good looks but missed them. Our players asses were too tight. Players have to play

Ha! There we go!!

HoopsDawg
01-22-2019, 11:52 PM
Every time Howland calls for the weave it pains me so much.

Dawgcap
01-23-2019, 12:08 AM
Every time Howland calls for the weave it pains me so much.

I agree but with our post play we are in trouble. I do think we need to post and backscreen off it or at least pass it in for a lockout. My biggest issue is why we don’t press and play 3-5 minutes aggressive with our guards. We have depth and by pressing our guards play aggressive on both ends. We have depth to pressure on both ends

msstate7
01-23-2019, 12:11 AM
Who coaches our bigs?

Dawgcap
01-23-2019, 12:28 AM
That would be Howland. But he sold out to get talented perimeter guys who shot for shit tonight. We won the recruiting wars with perimeter guys but if we can’t shoot were beat. Makes us softer on D. So I agree if you recruit the way we have you have got to turn up your D to create aggressive guards on O.

MarketingBully
01-23-2019, 03:28 AM
This team goes with how Peters goes. He’s the straw that stirs the drink. Some of our offensive woes could be attributed to playing Perry and Woodard out on the wing where we had Holman before so when we drove and dished out Perry and Woodard were 1-5 from 3. We need to have Woodard playing closer to the goal and not so spread out. Same with Perry. If Peters could of drove and dished to an open Perry or Woodard down low that would have led to easy baskets. With Nick playing so poorly on both ends added to the turd laid by Holman and Ado we wouldn’t beat anyone with that effort. If I was Howland I wouldn’t even look at the tape. Really nothing to learn from it. I’d go all in on beating Auburn on Saturday. Our season comes down to Saturday imo. Lose Saturday and we aren’t getting out of the hole we dug ourselves in.

MarketingBully
01-23-2019, 03:35 AM
That would be Howland. But he sold out to get talented perimeter guys who shot for shit tonight. We won the recruiting wars with perimeter guys but if we can’t shoot were beat. Makes us softer on D. So I agree if you recruit the way we have you have got to turn up your D to create aggressive guards on O.

We aren’t even being overly aggressive on defense either for being a guard heavy team. It’s bizarre. You’d think we’d lead the league in steals with the defenders we have. Nothing good ever happens running a man to man and letting the other team run their offense. Cal’s dribble drive eats up a man to man. Zones trip up a dribble drive. We have a coach who refuses to run zone. If I was Howland, I’d go and get an assistant who is doing TV right now that was a master of teaching the 1-3-1 and the 2-3. Ado would thrive in a zone. So would Holman but we wasted that. Boeheim would win a lot of games with the length and talent we have. Howland is washed up and should retire to Santa Barbara imo.

smootness
01-23-2019, 10:53 AM
Howland is not what he was. Period.

When he was one of the best coaches in the sport, he was about defense, rebounding, and toughness. Right now we are about none of that. That is what he does well, but he's not doing any of it. So what is Ben Howland without those things? I have no idea, but it ain't great.

tcdog70
01-23-2019, 11:50 AM
The fact is Ben has let our 2 talented Freshmen play more minutes and last night the could not finish. They blew layups-3 point shots and had turnovers. Holman needs to extract his head from his ass and play with some intensity. He has a nice turn-around but doesn't post up to receive the ball . Our Newbies, hustle and rebound but they need to shoot better. We can't beat anyone with LP playing like He did last night. Q kept us in the game until he went to the bench and nobody else stepped up.

msstate7
01-23-2019, 11:53 AM
The fact is Ben has let our 2 talented Freshmen play more minutes and last night the could not finish. They blew layups-3 point shots and had turnovers. Holman needs to extract his head from his ass and play with some intensity. He has a nice turn-around but doesn't post up to receive the ball . Our Newbies, hustle and rebound but they need to shoot better. We can't beat anyone with LP playing like He did last night. Q kept us in the game until he went to the bench and nobody else stepped up.

Woodard had 13 rebs. He needs to play, but he also needs to told not to shoot so dang much

MarketingBully
01-23-2019, 12:01 PM

I think the biggest disappointment to this point during SEC season has to be Holman. If he played a sentilla of defense against South Carolina or Ole Miss, this team is 4-1 at this point. I keep going back to Kotsar for 26 and that OM freshman going for 25. Those were his men who btw since that point have not even combined for that amount in their corresponding games. I almost wonder where we would be if we didn’t have Holman at all in the SEC season. We’d of beaten South Carolina and Ole Miss most definitely and my guess is we’d still of beaten Florida and Vandy. And guess what? Holman’s man last night (Washington) went 3-5 from 3 and had only shot 20 3s all year and had only made 1 I believe. Holman is the blight on this team who better get his ass in gear if we want to turn our season around. He’s trash as far as I’m concerned.

MarketingBully
01-23-2019, 12:03 PM
Woodard had 13 rebs. He needs to play, but he also needs to told not to shoot so dang much

It was the flow of the offense. With Perry and Woodard in we need to have a more 3 out 2 in set. They are both better closer to the goal.

MarketingBully
01-23-2019, 12:05 PM
Howland is not what he was. Period.

When he was one of the best coaches in the sport, he was about defense, rebounding, and toughness. Right now we are about none of that. That is what he does well, but he's not doing any of it. So what is Ben Howland without those things? I have no idea, but it ain't great.

When he was one of the best coaches in the country he was an asshole. This “player’s coach” mentality he has right now is not him at all.

msstate7
01-23-2019, 12:07 PM
When he was one of the best coaches in the country he was an asshole. This “player’s coach” mentality he has right now is not him at all.

The transformation is like my dad... he was a hard ass to me but he's a softie to my son. Howland has ceased being a father... he's a grandpa