Quaoarsking
10-19-2013, 08:33 PM
http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/Smileys/classic/rolleyes.gif

2009 Ole Miss
2010 Florida
2013 Florida
2013 South Carolina
2013 Georgia

All 5 of those teams are the same approximate quality.

Coach34
10-19-2013, 08:36 PM
Georgia and Florida are 4-3 right now- but that's a "signature win"....yet when we beat them a couple years ago-somehow it wasnt

MarketingBully01
10-19-2013, 08:37 PM
I wouldn't say UM just yet. Also with the amount of injuries that are piling up for them I doubt they could field a team by the Egg Bowl.

BulldogBear
10-19-2013, 08:46 PM
You know the thing is that if we manage to upset South Carolina, it'll be their 3rd loss, 4th if they lose to Mizzou on road next week, with better than average chance of a 4th or 5th against Clemson. Plus, Florida's defense can always have a shutdown day without warning. Best case scenario if Gamecocks lose to MSU is 9-3, worst case 6-6. 7-5 or 8-4 is most likely if they lose to MSU. SOOOOOO, it'll just be "down" year for South Carolina and won't be a signature win for Mullen in the media. Once again it would illustrate my point that Mississippi State University football is mean average and barometer of all collegiate division 1 fbs football. We are never allowed to be "good" and all others are judged according to how they fall on either side of State!!!! They are normal if do or would beat us and they are "down" if they do or would lose to us!!! You gotta laugh.

archdog
10-19-2013, 09:29 PM
You know the thing is that if we manage to upset South Carolina, it'll be their 3rd loss, 4th if they lose to Mizzou on road next week, with better than average chance of a 4th or 5th against Clemson. Plus, Florida's defense can always have a shutdown day without warning. Best case scenario if Gamecocks lose to MSU is 9-3, worst case 6-6. 7-5 or 8-4 is most likely if they lose to MSU. SOOOOOO, it'll just be "down" year for South Carolina and won't be a signature win for Mullen in the media. Once again it would illustrate my point that Mississippi State University football is mean average and barometer of all collegiate division 1 fbs football. We are never allowed to be "good" and all others are judged according to how they fall on either side of State!!!! They are normal if do or would beat us and they are "down" if they do or would lose to us!!! You gotta laugh.

I understand what you are saying, but you beat OK State, then beat Auburn and possibly beat LSU before mutt craps the bed and we look good.

It's all about timing. Its about beating a team when we are the "obvious" underdog. Florida and Georgia meet that requirement.

I see the potential in our talent. We could have beat everyone on our schedule. We just didn't.

archdog
10-19-2013, 09:35 PM
http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/Smileys/classic/rolleyes.gif

2009 Ole Miss
2010 Florida
2013 Florida
2013 South Carolina
2013 Georgia

All 5 of those teams are the same approximate quality.

You're right. They are about the same. Dan has won a few games. He deserves credit for them. I just wonder when we will turn the corner. These other teams just compete like flipping on a switch and we are constantly rebuilding.