PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Johnson rumors

CadaverDawg
01-21-2019, 12:52 PM
I really hope these are not true. Good gracious. Now would be a good time for Joe to get some no name recruit to commit so something positive can be discussed.

Only something mentioned to me though, hopefully just rumors. Anyone know if he might be leaving too?

bluelightstar
01-21-2019, 12:53 PM
If the whole offensive staff leaves after 1 year, really makes you wonder

Cooterpoot
01-21-2019, 12:54 PM
Getsy

msstate7
Where to?

CadaverDawg
Getsy

Whew, thanks. That's expected

TrapGame
01-21-2019, 12:56 PM
If this comes to fruition I'll just remind everyone about the rumor of Hud and Johnson having the meeting with Moorhead about his offense not working.

dawgday166
01-21-2019, 12:56 PM
Definitely would make you wonder about the "Measure twice, cut once" process of hiring coaches. Either that or ... maybe Joe's game plans or handling of the offense didn't go well with all of them. I'm guessing most likely the latter if the whole staff pretty much leaves.

K9 Avenger
01-21-2019, 01:28 PM
If this comes to fruition I'll just remind everyone about the rumor of Hud and Johnson having the meeting with Moorhead about his offense not working.

Don't know about Johnson but I was told yesterday, by a good friend of Hud's, that he did meet with Joe about the offensive struggles during the season and was told to stay in his lane. Tifwiw...

Dawgology
01-21-2019, 01:35 PM
Don't know about Johnson but I was told yesterday, by a good friend of Hud's, that he did meet with Joe about the offensive struggles during the season and was told to stay in his lane. Tifwiw...

That’s impossible! Team Moorhead will be here shortly to clean up this leak!!!

bluelightstar
01-21-2019, 01:38 PM
That’s impossible! Team Moorhead will be here shortly to clean up this leak!!!

Sounds believable. I don't believe Moorhead could have or should have scrapped anything midseason, but I do remember after every bad game, Getsy and Moorhead talking about "this works. we know this offense works."

TrapGame
01-21-2019, 01:45 PM

The rumor was Hud and Johnson went to Moorhead after Florida and told him his offense isn't working with these players and he needs to scale it down to what they do best. The same week Rosebowl said their was an offensive staff meeting where some criticism was leveled at Joe and his play selections.

CadaverDawg
01-21-2019, 01:58 PM
The rumor was Hud and Johnson went to Moorhead after Florida and told him his offense isn't working with these players and he needs to scale it down to what they do best. The same week Rosebowl said their was an offensive staff meeting where some criticism was leveled at Joe and his play selections.

Wish we could have cut Joe and kept them...they clearly got it

TrapGame
01-21-2019, 02:08 PM
Wish we could have cut Joe and kept them...they clearly got it

Hud was running a system like Mullen's at ULL. He knew exactly what Fitz could do. He knew to pound the ball with Aeris, Fitz and set the defense up for slants, screens and play action. Hud's a decent coach that had more HC experience than Moorhead, especially vs SEC teams. Joe should have listened to him.

Dawgfan77
01-21-2019, 02:09 PM
I?m not in the keep SloMo camp or fire his ass camp either. However if SloMo doesn?t think this offensive staff can?t get the job done I?m glad to see he is at least trying to make changes.

raymond21
01-21-2019, 02:20 PM
Hud knows and has said Moorehead program is a sinking ship. We will loose at least 5 coaches this year because he will run this team into the ground trying to teach his offense and the lack of discipline

Homedawg
01-21-2019, 02:21 PM
I?m not in the keep SloMo camp or fire his ass camp either. However if SloMo doesn?t think this offensive staff can?t get the job done I?m glad to see he is at least trying to make changes.

He didn't run them off, they left on their own.

Coursesuper
01-21-2019, 02:28 PM

Is that a nice way of saying they got out?

Dawgowar
01-21-2019, 03:01 PM
Jo or not Jo - to each his own on that one.

"Hud. Hud is great! Hud is awesome!" ' Hud is the arbiter of all things good and gridiron with MSU and the state of Mississippi football.' "If only we could get Hud, Saint Hud....oh to have Hud be the MAN! The damn ruler of our football program!" (((((Yes this is sarcasm.))))) So sick of this cult of Hudspeth . The dude has twice used an MSU HC as a stepping stone and short-term rescue plan. He confides his deep concern for the direction of the program and walks off to smaller pastures. Yet, on this board his is the voice of reason.

I could care less if Jo stays or does not. As of now he is unproven with 12 months to alter the course. He will live and die by his own actions. When Hud ditched Dan he made the similar disparaging comments. But Hud is the kind of guy that rolls a frag grenade under his commanders bunk because the coffee was lukewarm during a winter battle. Newsflash - if he were hot shit, HE and not some of these others would have been given offers to bigger programs. Small time coach that gets the Mississippi Myth Crowd all warm and tingly. Nothing more. What kind of professional confides the inner workings of a staff he is supposed to be loyal too? His reported behavior is that of a a virus and I am glad he is gone.

Not one of us on this board knows what is really happening with the staff. It's concerning and frustrating but for crying out loud let it play out before....ah, never mind.

TrapGame
01-21-2019, 03:11 PM

"Hud. Hud is great! Hud is awesome!" ' Hud is the arbiter of all things good and gridiron with MSU and the state of Mississippi football.' "If only we could get Hud, Saint Hud....oh to have Hud be the MAN! The damn ruler of our football program!" (((((Yes this is sarcasm.))))) So sick of this cult of Hudspeth . The dude has twice used an MSU HC as a stepping stone and short-term rescue plan. He confides his deep concern for the direction of the program and walks off to smaller pastures. Yet, on this board his is the voice of reason.

I could care less if Jo stays or does not. As of now he is unproven with 12 months to alter the course. He will live and die by his own actions. When Hud ditched Dan he made the similar disparaging comments. But Hud is the kind of guy that rolls a frag grenade under his commanders bunk because the coffee was lukewarm during a winter battle. Newsflash - if he were hot shit, HE and not some of these others would have been given offers to bigger programs. Small time coach that gets the Mississippi Myth Crowd all warm and tingly. Nothing more. What kind of professional confides the inner workings of a staff he is supposed to be loyal too? His reported behavior is that of a a virus and I am glad he is gone.

Not one of us on this board knows what is really happening with the staff. It's concerning and frustrating but for crying out loud let it play out before....ah, never mind.

I'm sorry Hud slept with your wife.**

AROB44
01-21-2019, 03:39 PM

+1000 Rep Given!!! Glad he is gone and hope he never comes back.!!

Dawgowar
01-21-2019, 03:45 PM
I'm sorry Hud slept with your wife.**

Thanks for proving my point about the Hud-lovers.

TrapGame
01-21-2019, 03:48 PM
Thanks for proving my point about the Hud-lovers.

It's a joke but okay...

Hud would have us 8-4 too. Don't let your hate cloud the fact he's a decent coach.

Cooterpoot
01-21-2019, 03:54 PM
HUD has been at State twice. Twice he butted heads with his boss. Some guys can?t handle being an.asst. after being HC. He?s not the first guy. And Jo shouldn?t have changed his offense. He has to install it and move forward. Coaches only get 3-4 years. He would?ve lost a year. I don?t blame him for that.
And he may fall on his face and be a terrible hire but I?m going to wait and see instead of bitching and moaning every day.

Dawgowar
01-21-2019, 04:02 PM
HUD has been at State twice. Twice he butted heads with his boss. Some guys can?t handle being an.asst. after being HC. He?s not the first guy. And Jo shouldn?t have changed his offense. He has to install it and move forward. Coaches only get 3-4 years. He would?ve lost a year. I don?t blame him for that.
And he may fall on his face and be a terrible hire but I?m going to wait and see instead of bitching and moaning every day.

Concur - both Parcells and Jimmy Johnson (when he went to Miami) survived insurrections from their staffs. Both dug in and went back to doing what they knew worked for them. Similarly, Sylvester Croom...never mind again.

Commercecomet24
01-21-2019, 04:03 PM

This is the correct perspective.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Cooterpoot again.

whosyourdawgy
01-21-2019, 04:10 PM

Let?s look at who has left and more importantly where they are going
1. Hud - HEAD COACH Austin Peay
2. Huff - Same position possibly at ALABAMA under SABAN. He wants to be a head coach. Adding working under Saban to a resume helps that tremendously
3. Boniol - the NFL Tampa Bay Bucs under Arians - Better job
4. Piroli - DITTO - Better job
5. Possible Getsy to the GREEN BAY PACKER bc Aaron Rodgers requested for him to maybe get a position - BETTER JOB but not a done deal yet
Who am i missing? If you were in any of their shoes, lie to me and say you wouldn?t take the job they all took.

Now let?s look at positives
Shoop - extension
Brian Baker - extension
Tony freakin Hughes - back in house

All 3 of these coaches still here is greater than the sum of the losses listed above. Although it would be nice to keep Getsy and would?ve been great to keep Boniol and Piroli, i completely understand them moving on and wish them well. Step back off the damn ledge and let?s see what Moorhead does.

Still in the house as well
Tbuck - got extension last season correct?
Breiner
Marcus Johnson
Lukabu
Brad Peterson
Rod Gibson

KOdawg1
01-21-2019, 04:12 PM
Let’s look at who has left and more importantly where they are going
2. Huff - Same position possibly at ALABAMA under SABAN. He wants to be a head coach. Adding working under Saban to a resume helps that tremendously
5. Possible Getsy to the GREEN BAY PACKER bc Aaron Rodgers requested for him to maybe get a position - BETTER JOB but not a done deal yet
Who am i missing? If you were in any of their shoes, lie to me and say you wouldn’t take the job they all took.

Now let’s look at positives
Shoop
Brian Baker
Tony freakin Hughes
All 3 of these coaches still here is greater than the sum of the losses listed above. Although it would be nice to keep Getsy and would’ve been great to keep Boniol and Piroli, i completely understand them moving on and wish them well. Step back off the damn ledge and let’s see what Moorhead does.

This. I don't think people understand how huge it is to keep Shoop and Baker.

Commercecomet24
01-21-2019, 04:13 PM
Let’s look at who has left and more importantly where they are going
Who am i missing? If you were in any of their shoes, lie to me and say you wouldn’t take the job they all took.

Now let’s look at positives
Shoop
Brian Baker
Tony freakin Hughes
All 3 of these coaches still here is greater than the sum of the losses listed above. Although it would be nice to keep Getsy and would’ve been great to keep Boniol and Piroli, i completely understand them moving on and wish them well. Step back off the damn ledge and let’s see what Moorhead does.

Agree completely. Very well said. I don't know why this is so hard to understand. Shoop, Baker and Hughes are huge retentions.

bulldawg28
01-21-2019, 04:22 PM
For whatever reason some want HUD as our HC one day. He's done nothing to earn it.

TrapGame
01-21-2019, 04:24 PM
For whatever reason some want HUD as our HC one day. He's done nothing to earn it.

I don't want Hud as our HC but I don't hate the man.

BrunswickDawg
01-21-2019, 04:32 PM

Bobby Wallace syndrome - a decent coach at lower levels with close connections within the MSU fanbase/family. Therefore, he is automatically better qualified, would be loyal, understand "the MSU way", and save us from outsiders. See also: MSU Back-up QB corollary.

DawgNsuds
01-21-2019, 04:33 PM
I like Hud, and wish he would have stayed, but I'm like many and don't understand all the love he gets as a head coach candidate here.

Year Team Overall Conference Standing Bowl/playoffs Coaches# AP?

Louisiana–Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns (Sun Belt Conference) (2011–2017)
2011 Louisiana–Lafayette 1–4* 1–2* 3rd* (vacated) V New Orleans* (vacated)
2012 Louisiana–Lafayette 5–4* 4–2* T–2nd* (vacated) W New Orleans
2013 Louisiana–Lafayette 1–4* 0–2* T–1st* (vacated) V New Orleans* (vacated)
2014 Louisiana–Lafayette 7–4* 5–1* 2nd* (vacated) W New Orleans
2015 Louisiana–Lafayette 4–8 3–5 T–5th
2016 Louisiana–Lafayette 6–7 5–3 5th L New Orleans
2017 Louisiana 5–7 4–4 T–5th
Louisiana–Lafayette/Louisiana: 29–38* 22–19*

I seen it dawg
01-21-2019, 05:04 PM
Who am i missing? If you were in any of their shoes, lie to me and say you wouldn?t take the job they all took.

Shoop - extension
Brian Baker - extension

All 3 of these coaches still here is greater than the sum of the losses listed above. Although it would be nice to keep Getsy and would?ve been great to keep Boniol and Piroli, i completely understand them moving on and wish them well. Step back off the damn ledge and let?s see what Moorhead does.

Breiner
Marcus Johnson
Lukabu
Brad Johnson
Rod Gibson

Thank you and bump

bulldawg28
01-21-2019, 05:05 PM
Bobby Wallace syndrome - a decent coach at lower levels with close connections within the MSU fanbase/family. Therefore, he is automatically better qualified, would be loyal, understand "the MSU way", and save us from outsiders. See also: MSU Back-up QB corollary.

I've got another syndrome for those believing in HUD but Bobby Wallace isn't the name that comes to mind.

whosyourdawgy
01-21-2019, 05:34 PM
I dont know where the hell i got Brad Johnson from?!?! Who is that? Qb for the Bucs back in the day? No clue where i pulled That from

maroonmania
01-21-2019, 05:37 PM
I like Hud, and wish he would have stayed, but I'm like many and don't understand all the love he gets as a head coach candidate here.

Louisiana?Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns (Sun Belt Conference) (2011?2017)
2011 Louisiana?Lafayette 1?4* 1?2* 3rd* (vacated) V New Orleans* (vacated)
2012 Louisiana?Lafayette 5?4* 4?2* T?2nd* (vacated) W New Orleans
2013 Louisiana?Lafayette 1?4* 0?2* T?1st* (vacated) V New Orleans* (vacated)
2014 Louisiana?Lafayette 7?4* 5?1* 2nd* (vacated) W New Orleans
2015 Louisiana?Lafayette 4?8 3?5 T?5th
2016 Louisiana?Lafayette 6?7 5?3 5th L New Orleans
2017 Louisiana 5?7 4?4 T?5th
Louisiana?Lafayette/Louisiana: 29?38* 22?19*

Pretty simple. A lot of folks WANT him to be a great head coaching candidate for MSU because if he is and gets the job and does well he would likely be a lifer and we would actually have someone truly bought into the program. Mullen was never going to stay at MSU long term and its very unlikely that, if successful, Moorhead will either. Hud likely would so its somewhat natural to WANT him to be the guy at some point. I don't even know of another 'MSU guy' out there with HC experience at any college level that could be that type candidate down the line at the moment.

bluelightstar
01-21-2019, 05:42 PM
Seriously I hope Bumphis one day turns out to be a really good coach. Would be great for us if so.

BankerDog
01-21-2019, 06:27 PM
Since we?re throwing names out, I want our next coach to be Brian Johnson.

Cooterpoot
01-21-2019, 06:31 PM
Since we?re throwing names out, I want our next coach to be Brian Johnson.

Lol, why? He lost his job. People were happy to see him leave State because he didn’t handle his crap.

Turfdawg67
01-21-2019, 06:34 PM
Merry

Shoop - extension
Brian Baker - extension

Breiner
Marcus Johnson
Lukabu
Brad Peterson
Rod Gibson

Sunshine pumper.***

Hambone
01-21-2019, 06:35 PM

And I will once again remind you I know Marcus personally and that never happened. HUD May have said something but Marcus did not.

TrapGame
01-21-2019, 06:37 PM
And I will once again remind you I know Marcus personally and that never happened. HUD May have said something but Marcus did not.

Okay. It's a rumor. This place thrives on rumors.

MarketingBully
01-21-2019, 06:38 PM
We have too many fans of our school pulling against us. Oh what a time it must be to be an Ole Miss fan and see their arch rivals complain and back bite over themselves on an 8-5 football season, a 14-3 men’s basketball season, and a 17-1 women’s basketball season and calling what we’ve seen so far a failure. When was the last year we went to a bowl, went to both men’s and women’s NCAA tournament’s, and went to a Super Regional in baseball? I think at the bare minimum all of those things could happen and we have some on here that want to fire John Cohen as AD. That’s not mediocrity folks. That’s excellence that very few other universities can match or even claim.

msbulldog
01-21-2019, 07:46 PM

Shoop - extension
Brian Baker - extension

Breiner
Marcus Johnson
Lukabu
Brad Peterson
Rod Gibson

Would love to keep Lakabu and Johnson. Rep given+1

Madisonmd
01-21-2019, 08:05 PM
Can we just agree that today's college game /coaching staffs are not about stability. It is NFL-like free agency movement. We are not going to see longevity again. There is no "State Man" that represents longevity. One misstep and he would be crucified by the "message board" coaches also.If he existed at all!

msbulldog
01-21-2019, 08:11 PM
We have too many fans of our school pulling against us. Oh what a time it must be to be an Ole Miss fan and see their arch rivals complain and back bite over themselves on an 8-5 football season, a 14-3 men’s basketball season, and a 17-1 women’s basketball season and calling what we’ve seen so far a failure. When was the last year we went to a bowl, went to both men’s and women’s NCAA tournament’s, and went to a Super Regional in baseball? I think at the bare minimum all of those things could happen and we have some on here that want to fire John Cohen as AD. That’s not mediocrity folks. That’s excellence that very few other universities can match or even claim.

Tell it! +1

KOdawg1
01-21-2019, 08:37 PM
Brad Peterson needs to be promoted to an on the field position. I'm pretty sure everyone can agree on this.

preachermatt83
01-21-2019, 09:12 PM
Brad Peterson needs to be promoted to an on the field position. I'm pretty sure everyone can agree on this.

He absolutely does.

yjnkdawg
01-21-2019, 09:29 PM
If the whole offensive staff leaves after 1 year, really makes you wonder

Yeah the sky is definitely falling. *** Just ask Shotgun, 7 and maybe a couple of more.

Hambone
01-21-2019, 09:51 PM
Please don’t ask them. They have most depressing outlook on everything

Commercecomet24
01-21-2019, 09:55 PM

Post of the year and entirely true! We have to many of the "little lights are not twinkling Clark" folks.

Rep given!

Commercecomet24
01-21-2019, 09:55 PM
Please don’t ask them. They have most depressing outlook on everything

I do worry about their mental health on occasion

yjnkdawg
01-21-2019, 10:04 PM
We have too many fans of our school. on ED and a few other MSU message boards, pulling against us. Oh what a time it must be to be an Ole Miss fan and see their arch rivals complain and back bite over themselves on an 8-5 football season, a 14-3 men’s basketball season, and a 17-1 women’s basketball season and calling what we’ve seen so far a failure. When was the last year we went to a bowl, went to both men’s and women’s NCAA tournament’s, and went to a Super Regional in baseball? I think at the bare minimum all of those things could happen and we have some on here that want to fire John Cohen as AD. That’s not mediocrity folks. That’s excellence that very few other universities can match or even claim.

I think this may be more accurate. based on what I hear from people I talk to outside of the message board arenas. Some of these posters on message boards are known to be habitual complainers, or the sky is falling drama fest bunch, over and over. Like I said before, I think some of it is attention seeking.

RezDog7
01-21-2019, 10:19 PM
It's a joke but okay...

Hud would have us 8-4 too. Don't let your hate cloud the fact he's a decent coach.

Yeah, of course he would. I bet you and coach34 could too. Let's just fire everybody and take a year off like UAB did.

yjnkdawg
01-21-2019, 10:28 PM
The Charles Huff rumor of him leaving had wings, but the Johnson rumor is still on the ground , and it doesn't even know how to or want to fly.....Why don't we just start all these unfounded rumors and hurt our football program.*** The OM people who frequent this board just love to read all this crap.

Johnson85
01-22-2019, 02:43 AM

Louisiana?Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns (Sun Belt Conference) (2011?2017)
2011 Louisiana?Lafayette 1?4* 1?2* 3rd* (vacated) V New Orleans* (vacated)
2012 Louisiana?Lafayette 5?4* 4?2* T?2nd* (vacated) W New Orleans
2013 Louisiana?Lafayette 1?4* 0?2* T?1st* (vacated) V New Orleans* (vacated)
2014 Louisiana?Lafayette 7?4* 5?1* 2nd* (vacated) W New Orleans
2015 Louisiana?Lafayette 4?8 3?5 T?5th
2016 Louisiana?Lafayette 6?7 5?3 5th L New Orleans
2017 Louisiana 5?7 4?4 T?5th
Louisiana?Lafayette/Louisiana: 29?38* 22?19*

I'm not saying Hud was a great candidate, but you do realize that's a bunch of 8 and 9 win seasons at a place that was historically a dumpster fire (I don't care enough to look it up, but just going off the L column).

The wheels fell off because of sanctions. Not sure if he got hit with sanctions because he was being overly aggressive and he was dependent on that to win, or if he was just unlucky (as any coach we've had could have been hit with sanctions). But he would have been a decent candidate for us if we had been in the market before he got hit. A successful G5 Head coach or successful Power 5 coordinator is mostly what we're going to hire.

TALL DAWG
01-22-2019, 08:27 AM
I think this may be more accurate. based on what I hear from people I talk to outside of the message board arenas. Some of these posters on message boards are known to be habitual complainers, or the sky is falling drama fest bunch, over and over. Like I said before, I think some of it is attention seeking.

Exactly.
I lot of posters on here need to just shut T. H. up. It is almost like they want attention.
It is one thing 2B passionate about MSU but finding something to be negative about every day is over the top stupid.
Also, whoever is in charge of checking posters should do so as....it appears we may have some Sharks in Dawgs clothing in here...

TrapGame
01-22-2019, 09:03 AM
Yeah, of course he would. I bet you and coach34 could too. Let's just fire everybody and take a year off like UAB did.

It's not the Hud lovers but the Hud haters will the problem. I don't give two shits about Hud but I'm not going to dog him like some of y'all. But, c'mon with the talent on this team last year even Hud could get us to 8-4. Drop the hate use your brain.

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-22-2019, 09:37 AM
Okay. It's a rumor. This place thrives on rumors.

wait a minute:

1) You spread the Hud + Johnson rumor

2) Someone who's close to Johnson says he wouldn't do that

3) "Okay. It's a rumor. This place thrives on rumors."

Are you defending your bad info by saying that even bad info helps the board? That's asinine. Defend the rumor you spread or admit you don't know what you're talking about, but please don't defend rumors for the sake of rumors because you think # of comments = heath of the board. What's good for the board is to be a place to get info about State and discuss it sanely. False rumors drive people away

TrapGame
01-22-2019, 09:40 AM
wait a minute:

1) You spread the Hud + Johnson rumor

2) Someone who's close to Johnson says he wouldn't do that

3) "Okay. It's a rumor. This place thrives on rumors."

Are you defending your bad info by saying that even bad info helps the board? That's asinine. Defend the rumor you spread or admit you don't know what you're talking about, but please don't defend rumors for the sake of rumors because you think # of comments = heath of the board. What's good for the board is to be a place to get info about State and discuss it sanely. False rumors drive people away

That rumor is from like October and I didn't start it.

https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?70232-Inside-scoup-on-why-Moorhead-went-back-to-the-running-game

TNDawg35
01-22-2019, 09:44 AM
Post of the year and entirely true! We have to many of the "little lights are not twinkling Clark" folks.

Rep given!

I love lamp....

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-22-2019, 09:49 AM
That rumor is from like October and I didn't start it.

https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?70232-Inside-scoup-on-why-Moorhead-went-back-to-the-running-game

I never said you started it. What I said was you're spreading it and then defend it by implying all rumors, even false, help the board. That's what I addressed.

TrapGame
01-22-2019, 09:57 AM
I never said you started it. What I said was you're spreading it and then defend it by implying all rumors, even false, help the board. That's what I addressed.

I was reminding everyone of said rumor in light of what was mentioned about the possibility of Johnson leaving. The rumor was already out there. I'm not spreading anything. Rumors are not grounded in fact so therefore can't be considered false or true. That's why they are called rumors. And I never said rumors "help" the board. You're making shit up now to throw shade on me.

And I'm done. I have nothing against you or anyone else on this board. I'm not talking about this anymore. Have a nice day.

RezDog7
01-22-2019, 10:14 AM
It's not the Hud lovers but the Hud haters will the problem. I don't give two shits about Hud but I'm not going to dog him like some of y'all. But, c'mon with the talent on this team last year even Hud could get us to 8-4. Drop the hate use your brain.

If we had so much talent why didn't we win more games? We had the same talent last year and won the exact same amount plus the bowl game. You people need some perspective.

TrapGame
01-22-2019, 10:22 AM
If we had so much talent why didn't we win more games? We had the same talent last year and won the exact same amount plus the bowl game. You people need some perspective.

I'm thinking along the lines of offensive scheme. Hud runs Mullen's offense. Fitz would have been way more comfortable with limited reads and short passes while Aeris was pounding between the tackles. But, Hud would not have had Shoop. That's why I say it's still 8-4. Now, if Hud had Shoop as DC then we could have won 10 games mainly because of the Mullen style offense. No reinventing the wheel.

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-22-2019, 10:28 AM
I was reminding everyone of said rumor in light of what was mentioned about the possibility of Johnson leaving. The rumor was already out there. I'm not spreading anything. Rumors are not grounded in fact so therefore can't be considered false or true. That's why they are called rumors. And I never said rumors "help" the board. You're making shit up now to throw shade on me.

And I'm done. I have nothing against you or anyone else on this board. I'm not talking about this anymore. Have a nice day.

Oh come on man, someone said it's not true and you literally said "Okay. It's a rumor. This place thrives on rumors." as your only response. That's obviously implying rumors help the board, or at least that it's fine to spread false rumors here because people like them

Really Clark?
01-22-2019, 10:28 AM
I'm not saying Hud was a great candidate, but you do realize that's a bunch of 8 and 9 win seasons at a place that was historically a dumpster fire (I don't care enough to look it up, but just going off the L column).

The wheels fell off because of sanctions. Not sure if he got hit with sanctions because he was being overly aggressive and he was dependent on that to win, or if he was just unlucky (as any coach we've had could have been hit with sanctions). But he would have been a decent candidate for us if we had been in the market before he got hit. A successful G5 Head coach or successful Power 5 coordinator is mostly what we're going to hire.

I will say that he knew exactly what kind of recruiter Saunders was, how he did things, before he hired him. It was known across the state among coaches. So at the very least Hud hired him and turned a blind eye or just made sure he knew nothing of what he was doing. Reed Stringer as well. So the sanctions didn?t implicate Hud or Reed directly and ULL did a great job handling that situation. But they both knew about Saunders before he was hired.

Really Clark?
01-22-2019, 10:30 AM

Rep given!

You called?***

Commercecomet24
01-22-2019, 10:51 AM
You called?***

Nice! Rep given!

TrapGame
01-22-2019, 10:52 AM
Oh come on man, someone said it's not true and you literally said "Okay. It's a rumor. This place thrives on rumors." as your only response. That's obviously implying rumors help the board, or at least that it's fine to spread false rumors here because people like them

Okay. You're right, I'm wrong.

Happy now?

Can we get back to our regularly scheduled programming?

Johnson85
01-22-2019, 11:22 AM
I will say that he knew exactly what kind of recruiter Saunders was, how he did things, before he hired him. It was known across the state among coaches. So at the very least Hud hired him and turned a blind eye or just made sure he knew nothing of what he was doing. Reed Stringer as well. So the sanctions didn?t implicate Hud or Reed directly and ULL did a great job handling that situation. But they both knew about Saunders before he was hired.

I'm sure he did, but we obviously were happy to use him when it benefited us. Some of Nutt's falling out had to do with the fact that Boone stopped him from hiring him (granted that is pretty damning that anybody at Ole Miss thought he was too dirty to touch, but not sure if Boone was on board with the network otherwise and Saunders was a bridge too far, or if he was generally skittish about cheating and Saunders was just the one place he could control).

Really Clark?
01-22-2019, 11:38 AM
I'm sure he did, but we obviously were happy to use him when it benefited us. Some of Nutt's falling out had to do with the fact that Boone stopped him from hiring him (granted that is pretty damning that anybody at Ole Miss thought he was too dirty to touch, but not sure if Boone was on board with the network otherwise and Saunders was a bridge too far, or if he was generally skittish about cheating and Saunders was just the one place he could control).

I don’t think it was the dirty recruiting and network being an issue but the ACT fraud. Boone did want to have some integrity from the academic stand point. Especially the black eye they got trying to get Powe qualified. And after all if that played out, Boone was right. The ACT fraud was a major issue that brought sanctions. For all the forward rebels that petitioned to get him removed, they should each be lined up and made to kiss his rear for cutting Saunders loose.

The only thing we had with him was the Cell South deal (which was known to have issues as well). It was definitely a bigger front for UNM but several schools were connected to the game plan. But a good bit of that was outside our control or knowledge. A third party issue but yeah we all knew of Saunders issues and tactics.