PDA

View Full Version : Rosebowl saying that.....

Pit Bull
01-20-2019, 10:48 PM
....Tampa Bay Bucs are after our strength and conditioning coach (Pirolli?)....looking for him to likely leave soon......guess when it rains it pours.

MetEdDawg
01-20-2019, 10:51 PM
He was the Cardinals assistant S&C coach at one time. Him getting plucked by the NFL at some point was not unexpected. He's good at what he does.

We may not have executed all the time but our players are big, fast, and strong.

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-20-2019, 10:51 PM
Yet nobody comes for LSU's or Bama's strength coach. No, our guy that was hear 1 year and did a solid, though not out of this world job gets poached

DogsofAnarchy
01-20-2019, 10:53 PM
....Tampa Bay Bucs are after our strength and conditioning coach (Pirolli?)....looking for him to likely leave soon......guess when it rains it pours.

Cohen better get off that Templeton wallet and pay these people.

Really Clark?
01-20-2019, 10:54 PM
He did a really good job and was with Bruce before in Arizona. Not a shock and wish him well

BankerDog
01-20-2019, 10:55 PM
He did a really good job and was with Bruce before in Arizona. Not a shock and wish him well

Exactly. Mullen with through 4 in 9 years. Name of the game.

Homedawg
01-20-2019, 11:16 PM

See earlier thread, he's one of the 3. He's gone just not mentioned specifically. There are others possible. Just hold on

Homedawg
01-20-2019, 11:17 PM
Cohen better get off that Templeton wallet and pay these people.

Money has nothing to do with one loss. Not one.

Bothrops
01-20-2019, 11:50 PM
Yet nobody comes for LSU's or Bama's strength coach. No, our guy that was hear 1 year and did a solid, though not out of this world job gets poached

If he did an out of this world job, we still win the same number of games.

Big4Dawg
01-20-2019, 11:55 PM
Go hire Oregon's who is a State grad

I seen it dawg
01-21-2019, 09:32 AM
Wtf why is everyone so freaked out when part of staff leaves? It happens in programs every year, including good programs. Damn everything is like bear Bryant, Tony dungy, Vince Lombardi, and bill belichick all left the same staff at the same time and all we had to choose from to replace them was Matt Luke, bobby Hall, and Carl torbush. ****

Jack Lambert
01-21-2019, 10:57 AM
When you see our Defensive line pushing 300 pound men around like they were little boys you have to take notice into who the Strength coach is.

CadaverDawg
01-21-2019, 11:01 AM
Wtf why is everyone so freaked out when part of staff leaves? It happens in programs every year, including good programs. Damn everything is like bear Bryant, Tony dungy, Vince Lombardi, and bill belichick all left the same staff at the same time and all we had to choose from to replace them was Matt Luke, bobby Hall, and Carl torbush. ****

Probably because we underachieved this year. So if people are leaving an underachiever, it's probably a sign that the individuals leaving are good, but the one over them isn't.

Jack Lambert
01-21-2019, 11:02 AM
Probably because we underachieved this year. So if people are leaving an underachiever, it's probably a sign that the individuals leaving are good, but the one over them isn't.

Cadaver I always like you post but man I am really disappointed in that one. Little too much negativity.

CadaverDawg
01-21-2019, 11:04 AM
Cadaver I always like you post but man I am really disappointed in that one. Little too much negativity.

I call it like I see it. I'll praise the next positive thing I see....it's just been a while.

Sorry if overly negative. This shit is frustrating

msstate7
01-21-2019, 11:06 AM
I call it like I see it. I'll praise the next positive thing I see....it's just been a while.

Sorry if overly negative. This shit is frustrating
Always look for a positive... hey we could've lost 6 games this year. Hell of a job joe

Ari Gold
01-21-2019, 11:10 AM

Huff will be at Bama a year, 2 max ... upgrading that resume for a head job..
Based on your theory I guess Franklin is the worse coach in the country.

CadaverDawg
01-21-2019, 11:11 AM
Always look for a positive... hey we could've lost 6 games this year. Hell of a job joe

Yep. Maybe I should just stop posting. Everybody has turned so genespage...I've got friends calling me up saying I'm too negative on here....I didn't realize stating facts was so awful these days. Apparently we need positivity here to help the program (since our coaches clearly can't help it with great coaching, solid recruiting, & winning games). It's up to us! Smh, I'll stop posting, bc I can't pump sunshine during a shit storm

CadaverDawg
01-21-2019, 11:12 AM
Huff will be at Bama a year, 2 max ... upgrading that resume for a head job..
Based on your theory I guess Franklin is the worse coach in the country.

Ok

civildawg
01-21-2019, 11:16 AM
I agree. This board is nothing but sunshine and rainbows nowadays. Can?t have any concern or negative posts without getting ridiculed by sunshine pumpers

ejdallas322
01-21-2019, 11:18 AM
Besides all of that, any real updates on coaching candidates bc right now nobody has been hired yet.

Jacksondevildog
01-21-2019, 11:22 AM
They are growing concerns within our fanbase regarding the future of our football program. Fact. We underachieved in wins this year. Fact. Our offense was discombobulated all year long with zero rhythm or identity. Fact. Our running backs were underutilized. Fact. There are rumors that our coach is soft and lets the players walk over him. Possible fact. This offense will not produce with the wide receiver talent that we currently have. Fact. There is also growing concern that our program is trending backwards slowly. Fact. If anyone disagrees with the majority of these listed items, they have their head in the sand. If we go 6-6 next season and look inefficient offensively, we made the wrong hire. Thompson has had enough game snaps and over a year in Moorhead's system to be an adequate quarterback. Our 4 non-conference games should be wins and I can make strong cases that we will have a hard time finding two more.

CadaverDawg
01-21-2019, 11:25 AM
They are growing concerns within our fanbase regarding the future of our football program. Fact. We underachieved in wins this year. Fact. Our offense was discombobulated all year long with zero rhythm or identity. Fact. Our running backs were underutilized. Fact. There are rumors that our coach is soft and lets the players walk over him. Possible fact. This offense will not produce with the wide receiver talent that we currently have. Fact. There is also growing concern that our program is trending backwards slowly. Fact. If anyone disagrees with the majority of these listed items, they have their head in the sand. If we go 6-6 next season and look inefficient offensively, we made the wrong hire. Thompson has had enough game snaps and over a year in Moorhead's system to be an adequate quarterback. Our 4 non-conference games should be wins and I can make strong cases that we will have a hard time finding two more.

I agree

BiscuitEater
01-21-2019, 11:26 AM
Wtf why is everyone so freaked out when part of staff leaves?

It's what we as Mississippi State Fans do BEST!**

MetEdDawg
01-21-2019, 11:27 AM

I don't see how anyone can make the case that we will have a hard time finding 2 more wins. OM at home, Arkansas on the road, a very depleted UK team at home, and a mediocre Tennessee team on the road.

Even the worst fan ha to think we FOR SURE win 2 of those. Anyone saying 6 is a stretch is purposefully trying to bring the program down because that's absolutely asinine when looking at those programs.

msstate7
01-21-2019, 11:28 AM
I don't see how anyone can make the case that we will have a hard time finding 2 more wins. OM at home, Arkansas on the road, a very depleted UK team at home, and a mediocre Tennessee team on the road.

Even the worst fan ha to think we FOR SURE win 2 of those. Anyone saying 6 is a stretch is purposefully trying to bring the program down because that's absolutely asinine when looking at those programs.

We're losing more than Kentucky. Kentucky completely dominated Moorhead's offense twice.

Cooterpoot
01-21-2019, 11:33 AM
We’ll win 6 or 7 games next year. If we don’t, we’ll get a new coach. Either way, our fans end up happy.

Jacksondevildog
01-21-2019, 11:35 AM

The Egg Bowl will always be a tough game. They will move the football and we will make it easy for them with our play-calling offensively. Kentucky at home should be a win, but it wont be a gimme. At Tennessee and Arkansas are winnable, but they are road games and you usually have to play really clean to win on the road in the SEC. If I had to say today, we lose at UT and win at Arky. Even though Arkansas is bad, it's still hard for Mississippi State to win at Arkansas. Kansas State made a great hire (on paper). Luckily, we catch them early in the year. We lose to Bama, at Auburn, at UT, at aTm and at LSU. We should beat Arky, Ole Miss (tough), Kentucky.

Cooterpoot
01-21-2019, 11:38 AM
We will destroy OM just like this year. They will be worse than this year.

Gutter Cobreh
01-21-2019, 11:53 AM
1) They are growing concerns within our fanbase regarding the future of our football program. Fact.
2) We underachieved in wins this year. Fact.
3) Our offense was discombobulated all year long with zero rhythm or identity. Fact.
4) Our running backs were underutilized. Fact.
5) There are rumors that our coach is soft and lets the players walk over him. Possible fact.
6) This offense will not produce with the wide receiver talent that we currently have. Fact.
7) There is also growing concern that our program is trending backwards slowly. Fact.

If anyone disagrees with the majority of these listed items, they have their head in the sand. If we go 6-6 next season and look inefficient offensively, we made the wrong hire. Thompson has had enough game snaps and over a year in Moorhead's system to be an adequate quarterback. Our 4 non-conference games should be wins and I can make strong cases that we will have a hard time finding two more.

You can't put the word "fact" behind a statement and thus make it valid or true.

In regards to #1, that is an assumption. It isn't a fact. You haven't polled the fanbase, thus have no idea what the consensus is among all fans.
In regards to #2, again another assumption. If you want to put the benchmark against over/under wins from Vegas, maybe we did underachieve.
In regards to #3, while we ran less plays then last year and it did take forever to get the play called, we did have games where the offense clicked. It just happened to be against inferior opponents.
In regards to #4, how do you know our 5th senior QB wasn't calling his own number more and justifying it by what he saw the defense doing?
In regards to #5, if you start by saying there are rumors, then the statement can't even be classified as "possible fact"
In regards to #6, how does a coach in year 1 deal with talent he inherited?
In regards to #7, see response to #1.

I'm not being a sunshine poster, but you epitomize the narrative. You take assumptions and theories and present them as they are facts.

msstatelp1
01-21-2019, 12:12 PM

Why? Because too many of our fans are still "Po' Ol'Mithippi State" fans. You know the "OMG!!!!! So-and-so was so good and we'll never get any one else as good ever again!!!!!"

Jacksondevildog
01-21-2019, 12:15 PM
You can't put the word "fact" behind a statement and thus make it valid or true.

In regards to #1, that is an assumption. It isn't a fact. You haven't polled the fanbase, thus have no idea what the consensus is among all fans.
In regards to #2, again another assumption. If you want to put the benchmark against over/under wins from Vegas, maybe we did underachieve.
In regards to #3, while we ran less plays then last year and it did take forever to get the play called, we did have games where the offense clicked. It just happened to be against inferior opponents.
In regards to #4, how do you know our 5th senior QB wasn't calling his own number more and justifying it by what he saw the defense doing?
In regards to #5, if you start by saying there are rumors, then the statement can't even be classified as "possible fact"
In regards to #6, how does a coach in year 1 deal with talent he inherited?
In regards to #7, see response to #1.

I'm not being a sunshine poster, but you epitomize the narrative. You take assumptions and theories and present them as they are facts.

Forget what Las Vegas said about W/L. Im going based off of eye test. We were favored in 4 of our 5 loses. Nearly double digit in four of them. If Fitz was keeping the ball when he should have "given" the ball based off of selfishness or whatever, thats on Moorhead for allowing that to continue. Message boards are about discussion. There have been posts on multiple boards regarding our coaches letting the players have more freedom than Mullen did. It's not just me posting this. Our offense did play well against bad teams and not really well against good defenses. This should be concerning and not just something we throw aside. The SEC isn't going to stop playing high-level defense anytime soon. We underachieved. You can say that 8 was "ok" and "what Vegas said" all you want, but we underachieved. All of our MSU media said the same thing.

preachermatt83
01-21-2019, 12:34 PM
Yep. Maybe I should just stop posting. Everybody has turned so genespage...I've got friends calling me up saying I'm too negative on here....I didn't realize stating facts was so awful these days. Apparently we need positivity here to help the program (since our coaches clearly can't help it with great coaching, solid recruiting, & winning games). It's up to us! Smh, I'll stop posting, bc I can't pump sunshine during a shit storm

Keep telling it like it is cadaver.

Cooterpoot
01-21-2019, 12:37 PM

They?re leaving for 2 NFL jobs and to go to the best program in college football history. Yeah, they?re just getting out. LOL

dawgday166
01-21-2019, 12:41 PM

I'm holding my melt till we win 6 or less next year and look like crap on offense while doing it. Or if the D staff starts disintegrating too. Whichever may happen first. Will definitely become more pessimistic if we lose any we have committed for Feb (like Pickering), and don't add at least 2 or 3 more pretty decent ones.

If neither happens ... then I didn't melt about nothing. So I'm really just waiting to see how we finish in recruiting and what we do next year.

CadaverDawg
01-21-2019, 12:42 PM
They?re leaving for 2 NFL jobs and to go to the best program in college football history. Yeah, they?re just getting out. LOL

You just proved my point, thank you. If we have 3 coaches worth those jobs, How did we fail to meet expectations last year...who does that fall on? Yep, thank you.

Cooterpoot
01-21-2019, 12:51 PM
The talent that (a) isn’t good on offense and (b) coaching change transition to a new system. It’s not hard to figure out.

Gutter Cobreh
01-21-2019, 01:02 PM
Forget what Las Vegas said about W/L. Im going based off of eye test. We were favored in 4 of our 5 loses. Nearly double digit in four of them. If Fitz was keeping the ball when he should have "given" the ball based off of selfishness or whatever, thats on Moorhead for allowing that to continue. Message boards are about discussion. There have been posts on multiple boards regarding our coaches letting the players have more freedom than Mullen did. It's not just me posting this. Our offense did play well against bad teams and not really well against good defenses. This should be concerning and not just something we throw aside. The SEC isn't going to stop playing high-level defense anytime soon. We underachieved. You can say that 8 was "ok" and "what Vegas said" all you want, but we underachieved. All of our MSU media said the same thing.

Eye tests do not equal facts. My only point to your post was that you were laying out your opinion by using the word "fact", when in reality - it was simply your thoughts or based on rumors.

I'm not in a position to tell you, or anyone for that matter, that your opinion is wrong. I don't necessarily disagree with your points, it was simply the framework in which you shared them.

Jacksondevildog
01-21-2019, 01:05 PM
Eye tests do not equal facts. My only point to your post was that you were laying out your opinion by using the word "fact", when in reality - it was simply your thoughts or based on rumors.

I'm not in a position to tell you, or anyone for that matter, that your opinion is wrong. I don't necessarily disagree with your points, it was simply the framework in which you shared them.

Point taken. Our coaches and players said that we underachieved. I agree with them.

Gutter Cobreh
01-21-2019, 01:22 PM
Point taken. Our coaches and players said that we underachieved. I agree with them.

I would agree that we underachieved.

Dawgology
01-21-2019, 01:42 PM
The talent that (a) isn’t good on offense and (b) coaching change transition to a new system. It’s not hard to figure out.

Come on now. Senior 1000 yard RB backed up by one of the best RB’s we’ve ever had at MSU, record holding SEC QB, 1 or 2 NFL olinemen, #1 juco WR in the nation.

Most of those regressed under Moorhead or were not even used or underutilized. This years offense was faaaaarrr from talentless. They were just very poorly coached. Very poorly.

BankerDog
01-21-2019, 02:53 PM
Come on now. Senior 1000 yard RB backed up by one of the best RB’s we’ve ever had at MSU, record holding SEC QB, 1 or 2 NFL olinemen, #1 juco WR in the nation.

Most of those regressed under Moorhead or were not even used or underutilized. This years offense was faaaaarrr from talentless. They were just very poorly coached. Very poorly.

#1 Juco WR who wasn?t even the best WR on his Juco team and had the 3rd highest drop rate in the SEC? Might wanna take him out of that equation.

Cooterpoot
01-21-2019, 03:01 PM
Come on now. Senior 1000 yard RB backed up by one of the best RB?s we?ve ever had at MSU, record holding SEC QB, 1 or 2 NFL olinemen, #1 juco WR in the nation.

Yet, those WRs dropped two balls that meant two wins. If we win two more games, nobody is bitching. Our QB who couldn?t read a defense our make many throws. And to call Hill one of the best ever is laughable. He?s literally done nothing yet.
Is Jo perfect? He?ll no. But talent on offense and the move to a new system limited us. Still, we were in position to win two more games and players didn?t make those plays.

bostondawg
01-21-2019, 03:19 PM
Nm

BankerDog
01-21-2019, 03:28 PM
Yet, those WRs dropped two balls that meant two wins. If we win two more games, nobody is bitching. Our QB who couldn?t read a defense our make many throws. And to call Hill one of the best ever is laughable. He?s literally done nothing yet.
Is Jo perfect? He?ll no. But talent on offense and the move to a new system limited us. Still, we were in position to win two more games and players didn?t make those plays.

But what if Auburn connects there long pass or A&M???***

WSOPdawg
01-21-2019, 03:30 PM

I agree with Cadaver -- we UNDERachieved this year, plain and simple. But boy do we have the status quo of 8 wins down (like we have pretty much averaged for the last decade). No other way around it, this was our year to push for a top-10 performance and we failed. On to the next season.

Political Hack
01-21-2019, 06:54 PM
Our football program took a step back the year after our best coach in school history left. Color me shocked.***

I think most people realized this was going to happen. Turnover happens everywhere. Bama just lost a ton of coaches. They a bad program?

And for the people saying it's "genespage" sunshine over here, I sure haven't noticed it. Been pretty gloom and doom lately imo.