PDA

View Full Version : MSU Football Currently Comes Down to This...

ShotgunDawg
01-20-2019, 10:18 PM
John Cohen hired a guy that was in no way, shape, or form prepared to run an SEC program.

He hired a trendy coach that...

- Gets used by recruits as a safety net to accumulate other offers.

- Gets used by coaches to get their foot in the SEC

- Gets abused by other coaches in games and we just say there is a learning curve.

I'm willing to give a coach the benefit of the doubt with a learning curve in some areas, so long as it's worth it due to him being elite in other areas. Mullen sucked at recruiting but he was elite with Xs and Os. Therefore you deal with the lack of recruiting ability and hope it comes.

So, what does JoMo do well? Why are we allowing a learning curve in virtually every facet of the program?

Is there anything he does that doesn't envolve a learning curve?

We call a guy that needs a learning curve in everything "not ready for the job"

It's getting bad.

bluelightstar
01-20-2019, 10:20 PM
John Cohen hired a guy that was in no way, shape, or form prepared to run an SEC program.

- Gets abused by other coaches in games and we just say there is a learning curve.

I'm willing to give a coach the benefit of the doubt with a learning curve in some areas, so long as it's worth it due to him being elite in other areas. Mullen sucked at recruiting but he was elite with Xs and Os. Therefore you deal with the lack of recruiting ability and hope it comes.

So, what does JoMo do well? Why are we allowing a learning curve in virtually every facet of the program?

It's getting bad.

He had a good resume, but in the business world, people with good resumes don't work out all the time. But in college football, instead of cutting bait, the answer is keep digging. Moorhead will get 2 more years. Better hope he figures it out instead of Crxxming our program.

BankerDog
01-20-2019, 10:27 PM
Dude is two dropped passes from being 10-2...Jesus. And honestly it?s three dropped passes because if Willie doesn?t botch the pick-6 before half against FL it?s a different ball game in the second half.

That?s the fact of life. The players didn?t step up when the coaches put them in a position to win. It happened time and time again this year. And who recruited those players?

It?s funny watching this fanbase. All of you wanted Mullen gone and now you?re all wanting him back. Guys wanted A-Train to sit behind Hill at the beginning of the year and now people wonder why he didn?t start all year. It?s laughable watching the crap on this board.

KOdawg1
01-20-2019, 10:29 PM
He's got next year for me. I know he'll probably get 2 more at least, but I'm not sold on Joe Moorhead. Looked to be a decent hire at first, but maybe it's just not a good fit. He's got next year to change my mind.

preachermatt83
01-20-2019, 10:36 PM
I'm tired of him already.

Bothrops
01-20-2019, 10:39 PM

Few that are, even fewer at MSU.

Gutter Cobreh
01-20-2019, 10:41 PM

It's getting bad.

Keep taking your shot Jackie Moon... eventually you'll be right, but in the meantime please quit melting about literally everything. It gets old.

Cooterpoot
01-20-2019, 10:41 PM
Moorhead is done. He won’t survive next year. When your main staff guys jump ship, it’s over.

whosyourdawgy
01-20-2019, 10:43 PM
I continue to be amazed at MSU fans. We lose a middle of the pack corner back and the damn end of the world is near. How does this constant complaining and negative BS posted on message boards and twitter do anything to help? It doesnt. This one here must be a freaking joy to be around. Glad Im not

MetEdDawg
01-20-2019, 10:43 PM

It's getting bad.

Pretty sure we can say the exact same thing about Mullen in all of those things.

Plenty of recruits kept us warm under Dan.

Diaz straight up used Mullen as a stepping stone not once but twice. Collins did too and technically so did Grantham.

And Dan got his ass reamed by Georgia, Bama, Auburn, and LSU. And that was more than 5 years AFTER he had been here.

Welcome to MSU. Not the new MSU. But the same damn one we've had for a decade. Wake up and realize it's not Moorhead. It's MSU.

Coursesuper
01-20-2019, 10:44 PM
Moorhead is done. He won’t survive next year. When your main staff guys jump ship, it’s over.

Your right.

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-20-2019, 10:44 PM

- Gets used by coaches to get their foot in the SEC.

I mean to be fair Mullen couldn't keep coaches either, and they didn't leave to get "I coached under Saban" on their resume either. Turner left for the same DL job at A&M, Diaz used us as a stepping stone x2, Collins ditched us for the same job elsewhere... Moorhead has lost 1 guy to Bama, that's it. I'm shocked we've kept the defensive staff in place

Todd4State
01-20-2019, 10:47 PM
Pretty sure we can say the exact same thing about Mullen in all of those things.

Plenty of recruits kept us warm under Dan.

Diaz straight up used Mullen as a stepping stone not once but twice. Collins did too and technically so did Grantham.

And Dan got his ass reamed by Georgia, Bama, Auburn, and LSU. And that was more than 5 years AFTER he had been here.

Welcome to MSU. Not the new MSU. But the same damn one we've had for a decade. Wake up and realize it's not Moorhead. It's MSU.

But it's supposed to all change in one season because everyone had extremely high expectations that didn't come to fruition. So it's all totally Joe's fault.

BuckyIsAB****
01-20-2019, 10:47 PM

It's getting bad.

All that and we still went 8-5 and have a top 25 class.

Im not defending Moorhead on the field, I am defending his recruiting because he is pretty good at it, better than Mullen by a lot. Every coach gets used and every coach uses players its just the name of the game. Im not defending what he did on the field this year at all, it was a solid D to C job at best. Has to improve. I have heard some things over the past few days now that Fitz is gone about how much he hampered us, esp in the bowl but he is gone now. Next year he will not have that excuse.

Im just saying it isnt as bad as you are making it out to be. Its not like we went 4-8. Before you even reply let me repeat, I am not saying I am ok with that this year, we had a 10 win team that Moorhead coached to 8 wins because he wanted to do what he is comfortable with and not what we could do.

BuckyIsAB****
01-20-2019, 10:50 PM
Dude is two dropped passes from being 10-2...Jesus. And honestly it?s three dropped passes because if Willie doesn?t botch the pick-6 before half against FL it?s a different ball game in the second half.

That?s the fact of life. The players didn?t step up when the coaches put them in a position to win. It happened time and time again this year. And who recruited those players?

It?s funny watching this fanbase. All of you wanted Mullen gone and now you?re all wanting him back. Guys wanted A-Train to sit behind Hill at the beginning of the year and now people wonder why he didn?t start all year. It?s laughable watching the crap on this board.

That is a lame excuse as well. He wouldnt be 3 dropped passes away if he had done what his kids could do and not sacrificed a 10 win season just to run his system, and run it like shit.

And at the end of the day, you cant fire players but you can fire coaches

BankerDog
01-20-2019, 10:52 PM
All that and we still went 8-5 and have a top 25 class.

Im not defending Moorhead on the field, I am defending his recruiting because he is pretty good at it, better than Mullen by a lot. Every coach gets used and every coach uses players its just the name of the game. Im not defending what he did on the field this year at all, it was a solid D to C job at best. Has to improve. I have heard some things over the past few days now that Fitz is gone about how much he hampered us, esp in the bowl but he is gone now. Next year he will not have that excuse.

Im just saying it isnt as bad as you are making it out to be. Its not like we went 4-8. Before you even reply let me repeat, I am not saying I am ok with that this year, we had a 10 win team that Moorhead coached to 8 wins because he wanted to do what he is comfortable with and not what we could do.

And him not running his offense would set us back this year. There?s a trade off. If players make plays, we?re 10-2.

I don?t always agree with you, but you have a connection I do. Ask him about Fitz and you?ll learn a lot more.

BankerDog
01-20-2019, 10:53 PM
That is a lame excuse as well. He wouldnt be 3 dropped passes away if he had done what his kids could do and not sacrificed a 10 win season just to run his system, and run it like shit.

And at the end of the day, you cant fire players but you can fire coaches

Coaches jobs are to put players in positions to win games. He did in both of those games. They didn?t execute when the opportunity presented itself. That?s a fact.

You?re a coach, you should know that.

BuckyIsAB****
01-20-2019, 10:54 PM
The melt around here wouldnt be nearly as bad had we won the bowl game. Its understandable but predictable. Hundreds of other programs lost coaches and lost commits but around here we are ready to fire a guy bc of it. Moorhead is an extremely geniune and likable guy, he will recruit well and other coaches will love to coach with him. My biggest fear with him is in fact if he is too nice, that is yet to be seen.

I didnt think Huff would leave but he's gone, the hell with him. Hopefully we beat his ass next year, its only the end of the world when we lose to OM and we beat them

BuckyIsAB****
01-20-2019, 10:57 PM
Coaches jobs are to put players in positions to win games. He did in both of those games. They didn?t execute when the opportunity presented itself. That?s a fact.

You?re a coach, you should know that.

You are singleing out 3 plays in an entire season where he tried to run something his players couldnt do. True if those kids make those 3 particular plays then we win those games, but those kids also made plays in other games that we did win.

If Moorhead had done what his team could do, we would have won at least 10. He decided it would be better to go ahead and run his system anyway, I guess he thinks its worth the sacrifice. I dont because this was a special team but thats just me.

Todd4State
01-20-2019, 10:59 PM
You are singleing out 3 plays in an entire season where he tried to run something his players couldnt do. True if those kids make those 3 particular plays then we win those games, but those kids also made plays in other games that we did win.

If Moorhead had done what his team could do, we would have won at least 10. He decided it would be better to go ahead and run his system anyway, I guess he thinks its worth the sacrifice. I dont because this was a special team but thats just me.

Heaven forbid we should ask our WR's to catch the ball.**

BuckyIsAB****
01-20-2019, 11:01 PM
And him not running his offense would set us back this year. There?s a trade off. If players make plays, we?re 10-2.

I don?t always agree with you, but you have a connection I do. Ask him about Fitz and you?ll learn a lot more.

I have heard some things about Fitz, but my first question was always why did we leave him in there then if that was the case?

There's a trade off you're right, and we traded a 10 win season in this year for what we got. Hopefully its worth it next year

BankerDog
01-20-2019, 11:02 PM

Two plays of the three where the guys were open and the throws (shockingly) hit them in the hands. You recruit WRs to catch am I right?

BuckyIsAB****
01-20-2019, 11:03 PM

They should have caught it no doubt, but thats this game. Thats the coaching game, you are hinging your life basically on what kids do. How do we fix that? You get Jonathan Mingo and other better WRs that will catch it. But more importantly you realize what your players can do and you do that, not what your pride tells you to do

BankerDog
01-20-2019, 11:03 PM
I have heard some things about Fitz, but my first question was always why did we leave him in there then if that was the case?

There's a trade off you're right, and we traded a 10 win season in this year for what we got. Hopefully its worth it next year

Because I really don?t think Joe trust KT. I?ve heard some stories on that front as well.

BuckyIsAB****
01-20-2019, 11:04 PM
Two plays of the three where the guys were open and the throws (shockingly) hit them in the hands. You recruit WRs to catch am I right?

Yep and Moorhead recruited none of them. I get it he cant catch it for them but he didnt have to keep banging his head against the wall all year doing what we obviously could not do well with what we had.

HoopsDawg
01-20-2019, 11:06 PM

What if Stidham had completed that wide open pass in the AU game. You can't single out 2 plays. What if Iowa didn't fumble the kick off return. We can go round and round with this shit all day. I'm not melting today like most on here, but Moorhead did a shitty job this past year.

BuckyIsAB****
01-20-2019, 11:06 PM
Because I really don?t think Joe trust KT. I?ve heard some stories on that front as well.

I would take any player out that went out there and did the exact damn opposite of what he was being coached to do. To be fair, during the A&M game and after that Fitz improved tremendously but in the bowl game he went backwards and played like LSU fitz where he tried to get by on being an athlete. Moorhead cant control that but what he damn sure can do is yank his ass after he runs it 3 times in a row on the goaline when he was being coached to do otherwise.

HoopsDawg
01-20-2019, 11:10 PM
I would take any player out that went out there and did the exact damn opposite of what he was being coached to do. To be fair, during the A&M game and after that Fitz improved tremendously but in the bowl game he went backwards and played like LSU fitz where he tried to get by on being an athlete. Moorhead cant control that but what he damn sure can do is yank his ass after he runs it 3 times in a row on the goaline when he was being coached to do otherwise.

Meh, Moorhead could be a good enough coach to have some plays under center where we get it to the RB's. Did you catch Burkhead and the Patriots tonight?

msstate7
01-20-2019, 11:11 PM
What if Stidham had completed that wide open pass in the AU game. You can't single out 2 plays. What if Iowa didn't fumble the kick off return. We can go round and round with this shit all day. I'm not melting today like most on here, but Moorhead did a shitty job this past year.

Auburn fumbled at the goal line. Fitz and Guidry td against aTm likely is a 1 in 100 kinda play for those 2

BuckyIsAB****
01-20-2019, 11:12 PM
Meh, Moorhead could be a good enough coach to have some plays under center where we get it to the RB's. Did you catch Burkhead and the Patriots tonight?

Spread guys aint gonna go under center, its just not going to happen. I do agree with you that we should but it just aint going to happen. I like the spread but I dont have enough pride in it to not want to get under some.

To spread and air raid guys going under is just taking away practice time of slinging it around and fumbling the snap spooks them. Also having to teach the QB a new drop spooks them

BuckyIsAB****
01-20-2019, 11:13 PM
Auburn fumbled at the goal line. Fitz and Guidry td against aTm likely is a 1 in 100 kinda play for those 2

You are supporting his argument you understand that right

Turfdawg67
01-20-2019, 11:16 PM
For the 2nd time in 25 years we've had a golden opportunity to leave OM in the dust and we f*ck it up again.

BankerDog
01-20-2019, 11:16 PM

Wide open pass? Then that is on the coach for not having his player prepared to play. On the flip side, Gus put his guys in a position to win and they didn?t execute.

BankerDog
01-20-2019, 11:17 PM

Did you really wanna see Fitz try to go under Center?

HoopsDawg
01-20-2019, 11:19 PM
Wide open pass? Then that is on the coach for not having his player prepared to play. On the flip side, Gus put his guys in a position to win and they didn?t execute.

So you've come around to my side that it's ridiculous to excuse Joe's season by pointing out 2 drops? I'm glad you came around. It's rare for message board posters to admit they were wrong. Kudos.

msstate7
You are supporting his argument you understand that right

Yes, I'm supporting hoops' arguement.

bluelightstar

Mullen put Fitz under center in 2017

HoopsDawg
01-20-2019, 11:20 PM

No man, I love that play where Fitz takes the snap, makes 3 reads, and runs straight ahead 19 times per game. I mean, we scored 4 points per game in our 4 losses so what we were doing worked so well I wouldn't change a single thing.

Coursesuper
01-20-2019, 11:24 PM
For the 2nd time in 25 years we've had a golden opportunity to leave OM in the dust and we f*ck it up again.

Yep, your right. How very Misipy Tate of us.

BankerDog
01-20-2019, 11:27 PM
So you've come around to my side that it's ridiculous to excuse Joe's season by pointing out 2 drops? I'm glad you came around. It's rare for message board posters to admit they were wrong. Kudos.

I enjoy 8 win seasons because I remember the 3 win seasons. But you made my point actually, coaches put players in position to win games. It?s the players job to execute. Auburn completes the pass okay, but Moorhead?s offense ran up and down the field that night we still would?ve won.

Now did Moorhead play to win against Iowa? No he didn?t, he played not to lose. But at the end of the day he got his guys in a position to win that game and the players did execute at all. He had guys in position to make plays against FL and they didn?t execute.

We make those two plays and we?re 10-2 and everyone is happy.

BankerDog
01-20-2019, 11:28 PM
No man, I love that play where Fitz takes the snap, makes 3 reads, and runs straight ahead 19 times per game. I mean, we scored 4 points per game in our 4 losses so what we were doing worked so well I wouldn't change a single thing.

You must loved Mullen too doing the same thing with Dak too.

Dawgcap
01-20-2019, 11:28 PM

It's getting bad.
Giving him the benefit of the doubt? Seriously you shit on him the whole post.

HoopsDawg
01-20-2019, 11:30 PM
I enjoy 8 win seasons because I remember the 3 win seasons. But you made my point actually, coaches put players in position to win games. It?s the players job to execute. Auburn completes the pass okay, but Moorhead?s offense ran up and down the field that night we still would?ve won.

Now did Moorhead play to win against Iowa? No he didn?t, he played not to lose. But at the end of the day he got his guys in a position to win that game and the players did execute at all. He had guys in position to make plays against FL and they didn?t execute.

Oh boy. Ok Sly, thanks for the knowledge. Everything was perfect with our offense this year, our guys just didn't execute...says every coach after a loss.

HoopsDawg
01-20-2019, 11:30 PM
You must loved Mullen too doing the same thing with Dak too.

Mullen was smart enough and flexible enough to put in several plays where Dak was under center. And then he did the same with Fitz. Try again Sly, you are failing.

BankerDog
01-20-2019, 11:31 PM
Oh boy. Ok Sly, thanks for the knowledge. Everything was perfect with our offense this year, our guys just didn't execute...says every coach after a loss.

You?re welcome for the knowledge, you need a lot more of it.

BankerDog
01-20-2019, 11:32 PM
Mullen was smart enough and flexible enough to put in several plays where Dak was under center. And then he did the same with Fitz. Try again Sly, you are failing.

Fitz never went under center with Mullen. Good try though, stick to basketball bud.

bluelightstar
01-20-2019, 11:32 PM
Fitz never went under center with Mullen. Good try though, stick to basketball bud.

This is just not true.

HoopsDawg
01-20-2019, 11:33 PM

You just stated that Mullen did the same thing with Dak. You couldn't be more wrong. I'm not going to argue with you anymore. Just keep thinking that 2 dropped passes were our only problem in 2018.

BankerDog
01-20-2019, 11:34 PM
This is just not true.

Film doesn?t lie. I don?t ever remember it but I admit when I?m wrong. Pull the film and let?s see it.

bluelightstar
01-20-2019, 11:36 PM
Film doesn?t lie. I don?t ever remember it but I admit when I?m wrong. Pull the film and let?s see it.

Here’s an example: http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=20727983

Dawgcap
01-20-2019, 11:37 PM

But all you do is bitch at a first year coach implementing a new system. Funny thing is most want us to succeed but a few of y’all want us to fail to say you were right. Guess what not a damn one of you knows how to coach on a major college level. And I damn sure could imagine you recruiting. You may end up being right but it won’t be because of knowledge it will be because coaches fail and get fired. Go to work tomorrow and be the perfect employee that I know you are and then call Cohen and send those resumes. But keep up with each other cause I don’t want us to miss out on the perfect staff

msstate7
01-20-2019, 11:40 PM

Bet he didn't expect that... and a td too. Nice work

BuckyIsAB****
01-20-2019, 11:42 PM

Thats false. The play action pass TD to Mixon last year vs LSU was under center

HoopsDawg
01-20-2019, 11:45 PM
But all you do is bitch at a first year coach implementing a new system. Funny thing is most want us to succeed but a few of y?all want us to fail to say you were right. Guess what not a damn one of you knows how to coach on a major college level. And I damn sure could imagine you recruiting. You may end up being right but it won?t be because of knowledge it will be because coaches fail and get fired. Go to work tomorrow and be the perfect employee that I know you are and then call Cohen and send those resumes. But keep up with each other cause I don?t want us to miss out on the perfect staff

Shit man, I've been taking up for JoMo today. I'm not that pissed about losing DJ James. I'm not that pissed about losing Huff. I am pissed off about the 2018 season b/c it was a once in a decade chance and we blew it. News flash, the West wasn't that damn good this year. But I have seen BankerDog and a couple of other posters say we are 2 dropped passes away from 10-2 and that does piss me off. It's a stupid statement. And that's what I was replying too.

I hope to hell that we can finish strong in recruiting and Joe can be smart enough to tweak his system. I've never pulled against MSU in my life and I never will. As far as being right, I usually am.

HoopsDawg
01-20-2019, 11:47 PM

damn, I tried to tell him to quit while he was behind. Having some plays under center also set up the occasional QB sneak which would have come in handy in the Outback Bowl on 4th and a centimeter.

Dawgcap
01-20-2019, 11:55 PM
Hard to argue with someone who is usually right. I apologize and will try to learn from you.

msstate7
01-21-2019, 12:00 AM

Admission of being wrong is apparently leaving

Dawg61
01-21-2019, 12:08 AM
Moorhead is done. He won?t survive next year. When your main staff guys jump ship, it?s over.

No Keytaon is gonna save Moorhead. Everyone is seriously underestimating KT. He's better than Fitz and everyone's can't see it yet asses will be singing his praises come November. Remember who called it first though.

Coursesuper
01-21-2019, 12:11 AM
No Keytaon is gonna save Moorhead. Everyone is seriously underestimating KT. He's better than Fitz and everyone's can't see it yet asses will be singing his praises come November. Remember who called it first though.

Buuulllllshhhhhiiittttt.

Homedawg
01-21-2019, 12:19 AM

While I agree w that bit what would have happen if a&m or auburn had caught theirs against us??works both ways. Both of those game would be different.

BuckyIsAB****
01-21-2019, 12:20 AM

I hope you are right. I like KT. But judging from what we saw and what some have heard, its hard to believe that if it was close that KT wouldnt be the guy esp in the bowl when Fitz decided to do his own thing

Homedawg
01-21-2019, 12:26 AM

Great. I feel better. Dumb 17 has spoken

Coursesuper
01-21-2019, 12:29 AM

The knower of all knowledge that is wrong, or you must see such truth through maroon colored glasses for it to be so.

Dawg61
01-21-2019, 12:35 AM

Homedawg doesn't like KT. He does like 13 year old middle schoolers though.

Dawg61
01-21-2019, 12:40 AM
I hope you are right. I like KT. But judging from what we saw and what some have heard, its hard to believe that if it was close that KT wouldnt be the guy esp in the bowl when Fitz decided to do his own thing

I think several of you need to go back and watch the 3 games KT played in again. Moorhead has been stubborn and wrong about a lot of things so it shouldn't shock anyone right now that he's also wrong about KT.

BankerDog
01-21-2019, 12:41 AM
Admission of being wrong is apparently leaving

Says the guy who said there would be no way we would win 8 this year. What do you bring to this board except a bunch of overblown meltdowns and Braves news?

BankerDog
01-21-2019, 12:45 AM
damn, I tried to tell him to quit while he was behind. Having some plays under center also set up the occasional QB sneak which would have come in handy in the Outback Bowl on 4th and a centimeter.

Looks as if I was wrong for once.

I still stick to my assessments. I saw guys running open all year, but a QB who was a 1/2 read guy not get it to them. I saw a QB who worried more about his partying and worrying about his rushing record then making the correct calls. I also saw three plays where if a guy makes a play, we win games. That's a fact, bud.

I was at State with both Dak and Fitz and everyone who was up there with both of them know exactly where I am getting at. There is a reason Dak's guys loved him and Fitz's guys could careless about him.

Todd4State
01-21-2019, 01:35 AM

I think part of it was the fact that it was a unique situation where you have a guy that while erratic on and off the field he has done a lot of good things at MSU. He was coming off of an injury and also had a shot to set a SEC record for rushing by a QB. He was the guy that MSU was promoting. But he also didn't fit the offense and got suspended the first game of the year. Maybe Joe doesn't trust KT either- regardless I think benching Nick could have been a mistake long term if you are talking about optics and QB recruiting.

They should have caught it no doubt, but thats this game. Thats the coaching game, you are hinging your life basically on what kids do. How do we fix that? You get Jonathan Mingo and other better WRs that will catch it. But more importantly you realize what your players can do and you do that, not what your pride tells you to do

I agree that you have to get more talent to fix that and make it more consistent. But our run/pass ratio was basically the same in 2018 as it was in 2017. The main difference I saw on paper was we actually increased our QB runs by 12% compared to 2017.

While I agree w that bit what would have happen if a&m or auburn had caught theirs against us??works both ways. Both of those game would be different.

I don't think that Auburn fans and A&M fans demand that the coach to go to a run heavy offense because of it though. Or use that as an example of the coach not running a system that fits the personnel. Our fans tend to go to extremes because of one play that doesn't work out for us.

Todd4State
01-21-2019, 01:42 AM

Looks as if I was wrong for once.

I still stick to my assessments. I saw guys running open all year, but a QB who was a 1/2 read guy not get it to them. I saw a QB who worried more about his partying and worrying about his rushing record then making the correct calls. I also saw three plays where if a guy makes a play, we win games. That's a fact, bud.

I was at State with both Dak and Fitz and everyone who was up there with both of them know exactly where I am getting at. There is a reason Dak's guys loved him and Fitz's guys could careless about him.

This is exactly what I saw. You can see the wide open receivers very obviously in person. I mean like no one in the area code. And then Nick throws it into triple coverage. And while I don't hang out with Fitz- him getting suspended for game one said a lot to me. No matter what he did- it shows lack of focus, lack of responsibility, and immaturity. And that's our "captain".

The encouraging thing to me is as Joe brings in players that fit his system the level of execution should get better. And those two almost catches then become completions.

Pit Bull
01-21-2019, 02:44 AM
He's got next year for me. I know he'll probably get 2 more at least, but I'm not sold on Joe Moorhead. Looked to be a decent hire at first, but maybe it's just not a good fit. He's got next year to change my mind.

With what we lose, if we go 8-4 again, it will be a miracle and he would likely get another 2 years after next. If we go 6-6, and barely make some bowl, then he would likely get 1 more year after next. JMHO.

Lord McBuckethead
01-21-2019, 02:50 AM

Fitz went under center 4-6 times a game with Mullen. I mean seriously, worked play action off of it and everything. ATrain worked off of fitz under center too. Seriously 4-6 plays a game average. Easily 4-6 a game. Did you even watch our team in 2017? Hell we went under center 12 snaps against Bama at home last time. Did you miss that game?

Lord McBuckethead
01-21-2019, 02:52 AM
This is exactly what I saw. You can see the wide open receivers very obviously in person. I mean like no one in the area code. And then Nick throws it into triple coverage. And while I don't hang out with Fitz- him getting suspended for game one said a lot to me. No matter what he did- it shows lack of focus, lack of responsibility, and immaturity. And that's our "captain".

The encouraging thing to me is as Joe brings in players that fit his system the level of execution should get better. And those two almost catches then become completions.

Voted captain prior to his suspension. Sure wish they made Abram our captain.

BhamDawg205
01-21-2019, 04:49 AM

I don't know if KT will save Jo, but he'll be a better fit then Fitz. JoMo was too bullheaded... He wouldn't coach to his team's strengths, while slowly installing his offense. I wanted a 10+ win season to, but if we're honest it was gonna be a learning curve for the team as a whole. My biggest gripes with JoMo were not preparing backup QBs and playing A-train more, when everyone could see Hill and our left tackle suck at pass blocking.

Really Clark?
01-21-2019, 09:02 AM
I think several of you need to go back and watch the 3 games KT played in again. Moorhead has been stubborn and wrong about a lot of things so it shouldn't shock anyone right now that he's also wrong about KT.

The SFA film was not good, especially most of the third quarter.

https://youtu.be/IyHSm19chkM

99jc
01-21-2019, 09:38 AM
OH HELL NO! don't start this shit again....Fat ass is what he is a nice person who 17'd up our season and sucks as a head coach. I've been on his ass all year and took heat for it. You 17ers get what you deserve 2 more seasons of shit show. in the end you will be just as sick of him as Rick Ray and Crooms. Its just amazing to me so many of you cant see the light until the train smashes you Butt.

ShotgunDawg
01-21-2019, 09:52 AM
Cohen continues to hire Type B personalities because he likes them & they are easy to control.

Cohen won't ever reach his ceiling as an AD until he hires coaches that resemble him. Type A mofos that do their own thing.

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-21-2019, 10:15 AM
Shit man, I've been taking up for JoMo today. I'm not that pissed about losing DJ James. I'm not that pissed about losing Huff. I am pissed off about the 2018 season b/c it was a once in a decade chance and we blew it. News flash, the West wasn't that damn good this year. But I have seen BankerDog and a couple of other posters say we are 2 dropped passes away from 10-2 and that does piss me off. It's a stupid statement. And that's what I was replying too.

I hope to hell that we can finish strong in recruiting and Joe can be smart enough to tweak his system. I've never pulled against MSU in my life and I never will. As far as being right, I usually am.

Bama was the #2 team in the country. LSU destroyed a 27 win streaking top 10 UCF, beat UGA, finished #6. Auburn beat Washington, LSU, and absolutely annihilated their bowl team. A&M played very good against Clemson and Bama, beat Kentucky, and like Auburn annihilated their bowl team.

OM and Arky were trash, but the West wasn't a joke this year. Even then we only lost to Bama and #6 LSU, going 4-2 vs the West. Playing @ the best Kentucky team in history and against the best UF team since early Muschamp were what brought us down.

Dawg2003
01-21-2019, 10:21 AM
Cohen continues to hire Type B personalities because he likes them & they are easy to control.

Cohen won't ever reach his ceiling as an AD until he hires coaches that resemble him. Type A mofos that do their own thing.

This continues to be the reason I think he bungled the baseball search. But I hope Lemonis proves me wrong.

Dawg61
01-21-2019, 10:29 AM
The SFA film was not good, especially most of the third quarter.

https://youtu.be/IyHSm19chkM

Nitpicking a 473 total yard 7 TD performance in a 63-6 blowout should make you feel bad. 7 touchdowns bruv.

Dawg61
01-21-2019, 10:30 AM
This continues to be the reason I think he bungled the baseball search. But I hope Lemonis proves me wrong.

Good thing we won't know till 6 years from now when all our commits graduate high school.

msstate7
01-21-2019, 10:31 AM
Says the guy who said there would be no way we would win 8 this year. What do you bring to this board except a bunch of overblown meltdowns and Braves news?

Why do you lie? Here's the thread, again...

https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthrea...361#post996361

. Post #347, I said "we ain't winning 9 games." Didn't say anything about 5 or 6. Post #391 was your proposed bet.

BankerDog
01-21-2019, 10:42 AM
Why do you lie? Here's the thread, again...

https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthrea...361#post996361

. Post #347, I said "we ain't winning 9 games." Didn't say anything about 5 or 6. Post #391 was your proposed bet.

And again I was a lot closer in my final W category then you. Had Willie, Mitchell, and Guidry not dropped passes that them in the hands, we?d be 10-2, everyone is happy and we wouldn?t have to read the absolutely useless information you bring to this board.

msstate7
01-21-2019, 10:45 AM
Delete

msstate7
01-21-2019, 10:46 AM
And again I was a lot closer in my final W category then you. Had Willie, Mitchell, and Guidry not dropped passes that them in the hands, we?d be 10-2, everyone is happy and we wouldn?t have to read the absolutely useless information you bring to this board.

https://i.postimg.cc/CxKn8sh9/85-AC966-C-99-E7-4219-A8-FF-4-EBDB1-C1-BF1-A.gif (https://postimages.org/)

I said we wouldn't win 9. We won 8. I was right. Spin away

BuckyIsAB****
01-21-2019, 01:50 PM
I think part of it was the fact that it was a unique situation where you have a guy that while erratic on and off the field he has done a lot of good things at MSU. He was coming off of an injury and also had a shot to set a SEC record for rushing by a QB. He was the guy that MSU was promoting. But he also didn't fit the offense and got suspended the first game of the year. Maybe Joe doesn't trust KT either- regardless I think benching Nick could have been a mistake long term if you are talking about optics and QB recruiting.

I agree that you have to get more talent to fix that and make it more consistent. But our run/pass ratio was basically the same in 2018 as it was in 2017. The main difference I saw on paper was we actually increased our QB runs by 12% compared to 2017.

I don't think that Auburn fans and A&M fans demand that the coach to go to a run heavy offense because of it though. Or use that as an example of the coach not running a system that fits the personnel. Our fans tend to go to extremes because of one play that doesn't work out for us.

If you are concerned with any of that in the first paragraph then it shows your mind aint right. His job is to prepare his players for life after he leaves them and to win. None of that has anything to do with those. Promotion and records dont make a damn at the end of the day. If he wasnt the best one or he wasnt doing what we coached him to do he shouldve been benched. Period. He didnt do that in the bowl and he left him out there instead of putting KT in. That is fact.

BuckyIsAB****
01-21-2019, 01:53 PM
Bama was the #2 team in the country. LSU destroyed a 27 win streaking top 10 UCF, beat UGA, finished #6. Auburn beat Washington, LSU, and absolutely annihilated their bowl team. A&M played very good against Clemson and Bama, beat Kentucky, and like Auburn annihilated their bowl team.

OM and Arky were trash, but the West wasn't a joke this year. Even then we only lost to Bama and #6 LSU, going 4-2 vs the West. Playing @ the best Kentucky team in history and against the best UF team since early Muschamp were what brought us down.

And if Moorhead had done what his team could do we wouldve had 2 losses. That UK and UF team had no business beating us but they did and that falls squarely on Moorhead. I could excuse the LSU loss bc they were pretty good esp at LSU but we could have won that. We were just as good as they were

bluelightstar
01-21-2019, 01:56 PM
If you are concerned with any of that in the first paragraph then it shows your mind aint right. His job is to prepare his players for life after he leaves them and to win. None of that has anything to do with those. Promotion and records dont make a damn at the end of the day. If he wasnt the best one or he wasnt doing what we coached him to do he shouldve been benched. Period. He didnt do that in the bowl and he left him out there instead of putting KT in. That is fact.

To this day, I can't believe he didn't sit Fitz at LSU.

BuckyIsAB****
01-21-2019, 01:56 PM

You cant blame an entire season on 3 plays dude. You cant be that shortsighted. That UF game wouldnt have been close had Moorhead done what his players could do. UK wouldnt have either. I've said that about 10 times already in this thread I know.

BuckyIsAB****
01-21-2019, 01:57 PM

To Fitz's credit he improved tremendously after that game and he shut a lot of people up. Then we played Iowa and he went backwards. I guess the time off hurt him bc he reverted to being an athlete and just trying to get by instead of doing what he had been doing and coached to do. He should have been sat down after the goaline series when he ran it 3 times in a row by his own choice

msstate7
01-21-2019, 01:58 PM

Hell, fitz got a hit the head that probably should've got him a trip to locker room. Key was out there like 1-2 plays and right back with fitz.

Dawg61
01-21-2019, 03:35 PM
I said we wouldn't win 9. We won 8. I was right. Spin away

Joe Lunardi should be nervous

BankerDog
01-21-2019, 03:42 PM

Mullen also left Russell in instead of pulling him in Gator Bowl 2. Just saying.

msstate7
01-21-2019, 03:56 PM
Joe Lunardi should be nervous

He definetely should be.

Just shows how much this board has changed its tune since September. I was called an idiot for saying we weren't winning 9 at halftime of Kentucky game. Now 8 games is perfectly acceptable... joe dumbed down the expectations

Dawg61
01-21-2019, 04:08 PM
I'm no Joe apologist but it's pretty obvious most people's preseason predictions weren't realistic. Quit breaking your arm trying to pat yourself on the back over it.

msstate7
01-21-2019, 04:13 PM
I'm no Joe apologist but it's pretty obvious most people's preseason predictions weren't realistic. Quit breaking your arm trying to pat yourself on the back over it.

My original prediction was wrong. I said 10-2 with losses at Bama and LSU. Took about 20 mins of sec play to see we were not well coached

CadaverDawg
01-21-2019, 04:34 PM
He definetely should be.

Just shows how much this board has changed its tune since September. I was called an idiot for saying we weren't winning 9 at halftime of Kentucky game. Now 8 games is perfectly acceptable... joe dumbed down the expectations

Yep, it's like he brainwashed the board in to lowered expectations....it's the damndest thing I've ever seen.

Dawg61
01-21-2019, 07:35 PM
There's nothing we can do about it right now. Firing him this early would be just about the worst possible thing we could do to our program. It's literally suicide. Just gotta gut it out for minimum two more years and then make that call. I'm on record as saying Keytaon is gonna save Joe's ass though so I doubt it's after two more years we have a new coach.

Liverpooldawg
01-21-2019, 08:35 PM
He definetely should be.

I said eight before the season started. I said why too.

Liverpooldawg
01-21-2019, 08:37 PM
There's nothing we can do about it right now. Firing him this early would be just about the worst possible thing we could do to our program. It's literally suicide. Just gotta gut it out for minimum two more years and then make that call. I'm on record as saying Keytaon is gonna save Joe's ass though so I doubt it's after two more years we have a new coach.

Exactly. The unrelenting negativity here is just insane. It doesn't help a thing, why do it?

maroonmania
01-21-2019, 09:44 PM

Not really. Its sort of strange to me that most everyone's concerns before the season were about Shoop and the defense possibly not being as good. If you had told people that our 2019 defense with Shoop was going to be a step up from our 2018 defense with Grantham I bet almost everyone would been predicting us to have a 10-2 type season.

Pollodawg
01-21-2019, 09:58 PM
I?m not ready to abandon Moorhead, but to say I?m completely unconcerned would be wildly inaccurate. I can?t help but feel like we?re slipping back to Pre-Dan levels in some ways

Dawg61
01-21-2019, 10:05 PM
Not really. Its sort of strange to me that most everyone's concerns before the season were about Shoop and the defense possibly not being as good. If you had told people that our 2019 defense with Shoop was going to be a step up from our 2018 defense with Grantham I bet almost everyone would been predicting us to have a 10-2 type season.

Fitz is a good player but he didn't play well enough consistently enough this year to go 10-2 in the SEC West and that's with our best defense in 20 years.

BuckyIsAB****
01-21-2019, 10:37 PM
Mullen also left Russell in instead of pulling him in Gator Bowl 2. Just saying.

Right and he shouldve been benched. Just bc Lord Mullen did it dont make it right. Mullen gonna Mullen dont forget that when he beats Kirby 1 out of 4 times