PDA

View Full Version : DJ James out

Big4Dawg
01-20-2019, 09:47 PM
Decommitted per twitter. Looks like headed to Oregon. Keep it up coaches! Strong finish again***

bluelightstar
01-20-2019, 09:48 PM
What an epic collapse

Coursesuper
01-20-2019, 09:50 PM
Yep this shit show is getting stronger and stronger.

hacker
Shitty day today

ShotgunDawg
Oregon has to be buying players.

This kid is a homebody. Makes absolutely no sense for him to go there.

civildawg
01-20-2019, 09:51 PM
Someone take joe out to the pasture and put him down

CadaverDawg
01-20-2019, 09:53 PM
Remind me why I'm wrong about Joe, again?

maroonmania
Was Huff his primary recruiter or something? Thought we were in good shape with him unless Auburn came in late?? Going across the country to a program on the decline?

bluelightstar

You aren’t

ShotgunDawg
01-20-2019, 09:54 PM
Moorhead sucks ass.

Seriously, if This recruiting class ends how it looks like it will, he's on the hot seat to be fired next year unless there is massive improvement

msstate7
01-20-2019, 09:55 PM
Oregon has to be buying players.

This kid is a homebody. Makes absolutely no sense for him to go there.

He's been looking for a better offer all along

ShotgunDawg
01-20-2019, 09:56 PM

They aren't a better offer.

That's the point.

Coursesuper
01-20-2019, 09:57 PM

Yep, State was a safety net.

msstate7
01-20-2019, 09:57 PM

That's the point.

You should tell dj that

maroonmania
01-20-2019, 10:01 PM

That's the point.

Well everyone knows what great defense is played at Oregon.****

msstate7
What a day! Let's finish this day off right... announce we've bypassed the state law and signed Moorhead for 10 years, 50 million buy out

drummerdawg
SDS article says he's visiting OM

bluelightstar
01-20-2019, 10:02 PM
Curious to see who we hire after 2020**

MetEdDawg
01-20-2019, 10:03 PM

That's the point.

If you don't think Oregon is a better offer then you don't understand the landscape of college football. They come in at 12th in the country in revenue with a profit of over $50 million. Their PROFIT on football is almost more than our REVENUE on football.

Fan base needs to wake the hell up and realize we are losing the money game and that's NOT Moorhead's fault.

chef dixon
01-20-2019, 10:03 PM
I thought it was pretty obvious he was already gone

CadaverDawg
01-20-2019, 10:04 PM
This is why 2018 was so important....that was probably the end of an era of MSU football we'll never see again. But at least we springboarded a bunch of Hofstra guys into coaching careers.

msstate7
If you don't think Oregon is a better offer then you don't understand the landscape of college football. They come in at 12th in the country in revenue with a profit of over $50 million. Their PROFIT on football is almost more than our REVENUE on football.

Fan base needs to wake the hell up and realize we are losing the money game and that's NOT Moorhead's fault.

You're consistent... nothing is Moorhead's fault

ShotgunDawg

PAC 12
Smaller stadium than us
And 2,000 miles from home.

That's not a better offer.

Todd4State
01-20-2019, 10:05 PM
You should tell dj that

Thinking like this is why we don't recruit better.

MetEdDawg
01-20-2019, 10:06 PM

Incorrect. But again. This was said by multiple people for months he was looking for a better offer. If a kid says hey I want a better offer from a better university what the hell is Moorhead supposed to do?

Get on his knees and beg him to stay? I guess I'm not sure what you guys want us to do when a kid says I want to go to a better university?

Bothrops
Yep, State was a safety net.

If we were safety net U, it would be an upgrade.

CadaverDawg

Yep

Coursesuper
01-20-2019, 10:07 PM

Your missing the point he is right and the money game is where we are taking an ass whipping. That's not n the coaching staff that's on our admin.

CadaverDawg
Incorrect. But again. This was said by multiple people for months he was looking for a better offer. If a kid says hey I want a better offer from a better university what the hell is Moorhead supposed to do?

Get on his knees and beg him to stay? I guess I'm not sure what you guys want us to do when a kid says I want to go to a better university?

Your defense of Joe has reached a weird place

Dawgology
This coaching hire was a total abortion. Moorhead and Cohen need to be run out.

MetEdDawg
01-20-2019, 10:08 PM
Yep

Well you still haven't said what Moorhead is supposed to do when a kid openly is looking to go to a better university. Still not sure what Moorhead should do. Whip out his checkbook from his back pocket?

Offshore Dawg
01-20-2019, 10:08 PM

Add in the "NIKE" money.

msstate7
01-20-2019, 10:09 PM
Whether it's the coach's fault or not, landing or losing kids is his responsibly. If he doesn't want that responsibility, quit. Please quit

Dawgology
Well you still haven't said what Moorhead is supposed to do when a kid openly is looking to go to a better university. Still not sure what Moorhead should do. Whip out his checkbook from his back pocket?

You’re absolutely right. If a kid is looking to go somewhere else we shouldn’t even bother recruiting him.**********

MetEdDawg
Add in the "NIKE" money.

Don't you know??? This doesn't matter to our fans. It matters if you actually think for yourself unlike some on here. But to them we are way the hell better than we actually are.

Money apparently has no bearing on college football to our fan base which is why we stay stuck losing guys like DJ James.

ShotgunDawg
01-20-2019, 10:10 PM

He gets paid to figure that out. Not us.

MSU needs a big time coach to overcome this crap. I'm not saying Moorhead can't be successful at a blue blood but it's becoming clearer by the day that he's not the right guy for us.

CadaverDawg

If we never could out recruit a program with more money...how have we finished top 25-30 in recruiting the last several years. Recruiting is selling your program...if you're a good salesperson you don't have to bribe every purchasee to buy your product.

MetEdDawg
You’re absolutely right. If a kid is looking to go somewhere else we shouldn’t even bother recruiting him.**********

When did I say that?? Never. But if you read, he's been looking for a committable offer from a more prestigious university for months.

But don't let facts get in the way of your bias.

ShotgunDawg
01-20-2019, 10:11 PM
Whether it's the coach's fault or not, landing or losing kids is his responsibly. If he doesn't want that responsibility, quit. Please quit

This

Dawgology
01-20-2019, 10:11 PM
Everything this past season plus what has happened in the past couple weeks with our coaches is giving me flashbacks is Templeton. Trying to pinch pennies and cut costs to the detriment of our program.

Todd4State
01-20-2019, 10:12 PM
If we never could out recruit a program with more money...how have we finished top 25-30 in recruiting the last several years. Recruiting is selling your program...if you're a good salesperson you don't have to bribe every purchasee to buy your product.

Top 25-30 is middle of the pack when there are approximately 60 P5 schools.

Irondawg
01-20-2019, 10:12 PM
I can’t believe nobody has brought up that Tbuck might be leaving to and that has to be weighed in

MetEdDawg
01-20-2019, 10:13 PM

Because not every kid cares about selling your damn program. Would make it easy if it did. But you tell me why a kid from Spanish Fort Alabama may end up at Oregon. I mean think about that. It's a $$$$ game, but our fan base is way too naive to understand that. It's way the hell easier to bitch and moan than open up your damn checkbook and pay the university.

CadaverDawg
01-20-2019, 10:13 PM
Funny how baseball & hoops can recruit, but it's impossible for football to

CadaverDawg
01-20-2019, 10:14 PM
Because not every kid cares about selling your damn program. Would make it easy if it did. But you tell me why a kid from Spanish Fort Alabama may end up at Oregon. I mean think about that. It's a $$$$ game, but our fan base is way too naive to understand that. It's way the hell easier to bitch and moan than open up your damn checkbook and pay the university.

Yawn. What do you think, Joe is going to give you a job if you keep making excuses for him? I don't get it

Dawgology
01-20-2019, 10:15 PM

You literally said it there. What is he as head coach supposed to do in that situation???!! Whatever the **** he has to. It’s his ******* job to keep players committed. It’s his ******* job to win games. It appears he can do neither with any regularity. That’s what he is ****ing supposed to do. That answer your question?

CadaverDawg
01-20-2019, 10:16 PM
You literally said it there. What is he as head coach supposed to do in that situation???!! Whatever the **** he has to. It’s his ******* job to keep players committed. It’s his ******* job to win games. It appears he can do neither with any regularity. That’s what he is ****ing supposed to do. That answer your question?

This

MetEdDawg

Because in basketball we commit the $$$$. And baseball isn't really a money game when it comes to getting kids to go to a college. Although scholarship availability has some to do with it.

But the big money is in college football and we SUCK at that. We are at the bottom in SEC football revenue. But let's go on about our business and pretend like we are a top tier program making loads of money hand over fist.

Todd4State
When did I say that?? Never. But if you read, he's been looking for a committable offer from a more prestigious university for months.

But don't let facts get in the way of your bias.

You know that everything bad that happens is Joe's fault.**

If we finish strong people on here are going to point out how he lost DJ James.

IMO the real mistake was not going as hard after Raydarius Jones which may have put us in the game with Nakobe Dean. But that's not my decision to make.

Dawgology

Your argument makes zero sense. Kids don’t care about selling your program...so donate more money to your program....

Todd4State
01-20-2019, 10:17 PM

Compare how we invest as a university in baseball and basketball compared to football and you'll answer your question as to our recruiting issues.

msstate7
Yawn. What do you think, Joe is going to give you a job if you keep making excuses for him? I don't get it

https://i.postimg.cc/j2dWf0fs/40-D031-E6-F408-46-EF-BCF1-B79552-C4-A616.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Pic of met after toting Moorhead's water all season. Gotta admit, met got jacked in the deal

CadaverDawg
Your argument makes zero sense. Kids don’t care about selling your program...so donate more money to your program....

He's spinning...and for what?

MetEdDawg
01-20-2019, 10:18 PM

So you blame Mullen too then? Because Mullen freaking blew at recruiting. Whatever he's supposed to do? That's laughable. This university has lost entirely too many recruits to this kind of stuff. You should freaking know that's not a Moorhead thing. We can't compete across the board with the big players.

I just don't get this guys. It's insanity to me. The city sucks. We have one of the lowest stadium capacities in the conference. We have the lowest revenue in conference. I'll make an argument we are recruiting well above what we should be.

MetEdDawg
01-20-2019, 10:19 PM

When did I say kids don't care about selling your program?? Selective reading at its finest. I said NOT ALL kids care about that. Read or get out.

BankerDog
01-20-2019, 10:20 PM

Because we?re a blue blood baseball school and our big money guys are more in tuned with basketball...

Football in the south is different, but I?m sure you know that because you have claimed you?re helping the cause.

Todd4State
01-20-2019, 10:20 PM
Because in basketball we commit the $$$$. And baseball isn't really a money game when it comes to getting kids to go to a college. Although scholarship availability has some to do with it.

But the big money is in college football and we SUCK at that. We are at the bottom in SEC football revenue. But let's go on about our business and pretend like we are a top tier program making loads of money hand over fist.

And as I said in baseball we invest in it. We just did whatever it take to build a minor league stadium in Starkville, MS. We have pro and coaching connections and we hire people that are in with the latest trends in recruiting. That leads to winning. In football it's do we pay for Jeffrey Simmons or AJ Brown because we can't pay for both. It's let's not try for Cam Akers at all and just make up some BS about him not getting along with Kylin Hill.

Bothrops
01-20-2019, 10:21 PM
PAC 12
Smaller stadium than us
And 2,000 miles from home.

That's not a better offer.

They probably put some ***** on him, the likes of which he's never seen. Plus their brand is tremendous, considering their amount of success.

Dawgology
01-20-2019, 10:22 PM
So you blame Mullen too then? Because Mullen freaking blew at recruiting. Whatever he's supposed to do? That's laughable. This university has lost entirely too many recruits to this kind of stuff. You should freaking know that's not a Moorhead thing. We can't compete across the board with the big players.

I just don't get this guys. It's insanity to me. The city sucks. We have one of the lowest stadium capacities in the conference. We have the lowest revenue in conference. I'll make an argument we are recruiting well above what we should be.

Yes I do blame Mullen. I hated his recruiting and believe it has held us back. The “city sucks” is an old and tired excuse and doesn’t hold water.

MetEdDawg
01-20-2019, 10:24 PM
And as I said in baseball we invest in it. We just did whatever it take to build a minor league stadium in Starkville, MS. We have pro and coaching connections and we hire people that are in with the latest trends in recruiting. That leads to winning. In football it's do we pay for Jeffrey Simmons or AJ Brown because we can't pay for both. It's let's not try for Cam Akers at all and just make up some BS about him not getting along with Kylin Hill.

Spot on Todd. Spot damn on. But the narrative is so much easier for folks because they and the university pay more for football so they expect more. What they don't realize is that everyone else is paying way the hell more than us.

You guys want to compete? We need to double ticket prices. Then we need to add about 15,000 more seats to Davis Wade. We need to be able to throw money around like we have an endless supply. We need coaches flying in with helicopters to high schools and we need these guys seeing MSU branding all the time. We need to be able to pay great coaches a crap ton of money.

Todd4State
Yes I do blame Mullen. I hated his recruiting and believe it has held us back. The “city sucks” is an old and tired excuse and doesn’t hold water.

You can't blame Moorhead for what he inherited.

Bothrops
Social media is MSU football's worst enemy.

Pit Bull
Decommitted per twitter. Looks like headed to Oregon. Keep it up coaches! Strong finish again***

Well it happens I suppose......I had predicted 2-3 would exit, but am afraid it might be more like 4-5 before it's over with. We were just a fall back for DJ. He never really wanted to come here and waited until a shinier program came into view. Oregon is it.....what a nice new shiny toy to tell his friends about.

Dawgology
01-20-2019, 10:25 PM
When did I say kids don't care about selling your program?? Selective reading at its finest. I said NOT ALL kids care about that. Read or get out.

Not selective reading. Your just spinning on your own shit. You’re wrong here. You get out.

MetEdDawg
01-20-2019, 10:27 PM

So after a decade of LITERALLY THE SAME SHIT don't you think maybe, just maybe, it's not a coach thing? Mullen seems to be recruiting just fine at Florida. If recruiting ended today Florida would finish tied for its highest recruiting ranking in the last 5 years. Florida may recruit itself but this year Mullen has them above where they've been.

Pit Bull
01-20-2019, 10:27 PM

That's the point.

Better offer......hell, they offered a pair of fuzzy dice for his rearview and some shag carpet for his dashboard. What's not to like?

Todd4State
01-20-2019, 10:28 PM
Spot on Todd. Spot damn on. But the narrative is so much easier for folks because they and the university pay more for football so they expect more. What they don't realize is that everyone else is paying way the hell more than us.

You guys want to compete? We need to double ticket prices. Then we need to add about 15,000 more seats to Davis Wade. We need to be able to throw money around like we have an endless supply. We need coaches flying in with helicopters to high schools and we need these guys seeing MSU branding all the time. We need to be able to pay great coaches a crap ton of money.

We simply need to find boosters that invest in football like we do in basketball. I'm not sure why we have so few to be honest with you? It has always puzzled me. We essentially have the same resources in terms of town, region, and stadium size as Ole Miss but they have the boosters to make a 2013 happen for them and they are willing to do it. We should be able to find boosters that can make that happen on a local level in Mississippi as opposed to the National level than Ole Miss did in 2013.

Dawgology
01-20-2019, 10:28 PM

I think you are oversimplifying things here. This seasons recruiting (the topic at hand) can be blamed on him. I was responding to what Met said regarding that. On the topic you are alluding to I think Moorhead really underperformed with the talent he inherited. But that has been discussed as nauseum.

MetEdDawg
01-20-2019, 10:29 PM
Not selective reading. Your just spinning on your own shit. You’re wrong here. You get out.

Go back, read the quote, and repost that shit. Selective reading 100%. Hadn't spun shit. You just don't like hearing the truth. We are behind by a lot in the stuff that really matters. Mullen closed the chasm, but it's still a pretty big gap. But again, I get the denial. It's tough to hear your university isn't up to par with others. I hate it. But if you go look at our history, we are overachieving right now.

Coursesuper
01-20-2019, 10:29 PM

Your both absolutely wrong, it's about bigwig boosters money period. Are you two,stupid enough to think that the sidewalk alumni buying Bammer tickets is paying for that program. Season tickets ain't paying for ours either, we don't have the kind of benefactors that those programs do. Recruiting is all about how it's laid out and the presentation Oregon and the Bammers can out spend us 10 times over 10 times.

This is where y'all need to catch up. We are getting our ass handed to us in the way the game is played. We are to inbred and busy backbiting each other jockeying for,the best seat in the football stadium and at the baseball field that we have lost focus and have been left in the dust.

This is going to ruffle feathers here but it's the truth. We shot our wad with a lot of givers on the baseball stadium. That money could have been used to fund many different things but it can't now and a lot of those guys aren't going to give that much very often. Now that could be the game we are playing, use football to fund the other sports and try to compete nationally in non revenue sports.

Dawgology
01-20-2019, 10:30 PM
So after a decade of LITERALLY THE SAME SHIT don't you think maybe, just maybe, it's not a coach thing? Mullen seems to be recruiting just fine at Florida. If recruiting ended today Florida would finish tied for its highest recruiting ranking in the last 5 years. Florida may recruit itself but this year Mullen has them above where they've been.

Damn you are really good at shifting the narrative. Go ahead and love you some Moorhead. We will talk in 2 seasons during the coaching search.

Dawgology
01-20-2019, 10:31 PM
Go back, read the quote, and repost that shit. Selective reading 100%. Hadn't spun shit. You just don't like hearing the truth. We are behind by a lot in the stuff that really matters. Mullen closed the chasm, but it's still a pretty big gap. But again, I get the denial. It's tough to hear your university isn't up to par with others. I hate it. But if you go look at our history, we are overachieving right now.

You’re right we shouldn’t expect more, demand more, or be upset when things negative happen in recruiting or with our program. Keep on keeping on.

Dawgology
01-20-2019, 10:33 PM
Your both absolutely wrong, it's about bigwig boosters money period. Are you two,stupid enough to think that the sidewalk alumni buying Bammer tickets is paying for that program. Season tickets ain't paying for ours either, we don't have the kind of benefactors that those programs do. Recruiting is all about how it's laid out and the presentation Oregon and the Bammers can out spend us 10 times over 10 times.

This is where y'all need to catch up. We are getting our ass handed to us in the way the game is played. We are to inbred and busy backbiting each other jockeying for,the best seat in the football stadium and at the baseball field that we have lost focus and have been left in the dust.

This is going to ruffle feathers here but it's the truth. We shot our wad with a lot of givers on the baseball stadium. That money could have been used to fund many different things but it can't now and a lot of those guys aren't going to give that much very often. Now that could be the game we are playing, use football to fund the other sports and try to compete nationally in non revenue sports.

Unfortunately, that is the State of Mississippi in general.

BankerDog

You get it. Half the guys moaning here have never donated a penny to the cause. So they?re trying to tell the money guys how to spend their money. It?s laughable man.

Oregon isn?t a better program? Have you ever heard of Uncle Phil Knight? Our biggest booster isn?t a Uncle Phil Knight if you took 50% of Knight?s net worth away.

MetEdDawg
You’re right we shouldn’t expect more, demand more, or be upset when things negative happen in recruiting or with our program. Keep on keeping on.

Demand more yes. But if you give me $10,000 and ask me to buy you a new Lexus your ass can demand more all you want. Your ass isn't going to get a new Lexus.

Percho
01-20-2019, 10:38 PM

Who do you want to bring in to land them? Freeze?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-20-2019, 10:39 PM
Social media is MSU football's worst enemy.

Yea just Mississippi State...lol smh

whosyourdawgy
01-20-2019, 10:39 PM
DJ has been gone since he decommitted. How is this a surprise to anyone. All of you ?the end of the world? people kill me. Good lord. We still have a long way to go til signing day. Losing a 3 star cb that didn?t want to play here is not the end of the damn world. Let him go to Oregon so he can hit the transfer portal in a couple years. See ya

Coursesuper
01-20-2019, 10:40 PM
Unfortunately, that is the State of Mississippi in general.

There in lies the issue now doesn't it. Truly amazing.

CadaverDawg
Ok, sorry...I didn't realize we had to have top 5 money to get a 3 Star kid from Bama that they nor Auburn wanted. Guess my expectations are too high.

BankerDog
Who do you want to bring in to land them? Freeze?

No he wanted Chad Morris to come in and run the Air Raid with Fitz slinging it. Or was it Pruitt who would run a pro spread system with Fitz.

Laughable.

KOdawg1
01-20-2019, 10:45 PM
DJ has been gone since he decommitted. How is this a surprise to anyone. All of you ?the end of the world? people kill me. Good lord. We still have a long way to go til signing day. Losing a 3 star cb that didn?t want to play here is not the end of the damn world. Let him go to Oregon so he can hit the transfer portal in a couple years. See ya

Nah, losing one 3 star CB doesn't hurt that much. But what about losing 3 of them? Two months ago, our CB commits were James, Emerson, and Brooks.

James- Oregon
Emerson - Miami (soon to be)
Brooks - Arky

Gutter Cobreh
01-20-2019, 10:46 PM
Just so I'm clear, all this melting is over a 3* cornerback? Not a 5 or 4 star, but a 3 (based on 247).

I'm not implying that the kid doesn't have talent; just wanted to validate why all the naysayers have popped onto the board tonight to share their wisdom.

CadaverDawg
01-20-2019, 10:47 PM
Just so I'm clear, all this melting is over a 3* cornerback? Not a 5 or 4 star, but a 3 (based on 247).

I'm not implying that the kid doesn't have talent; just wanted to validate why all the naysayers have popped onto the board tonight to share their wisdom.

See the post above yours. We've lost all of our CB commits. All of them

KOdawg1
01-20-2019, 10:48 PM

See my post above. We've lost all three of our CBs. That's not good.

msstate7

Who we gonna line up at cb?

Percho
We simply need to find boosters that invest in football like we do in basketball. I'm not sure why we have so few to be honest with you? It has always puzzled me. We essentially have the same resources in terms of town, region, and stadium size as Ole Miss but they have the boosters to make a 2013 happen for them and they are willing to do it. We should be able to find boosters that can make that happen on a local level in Mississippi as opposed to the National level than Ole Miss did in 2013.

What happened the last time we did that?

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-20-2019, 10:49 PM
Ok, sorry...I didn't realize we had to have top 5 money to get a 3 Star kid from Bama that they nor Auburn wanted. Guess my expectations are too high.

We don't have Oregon money, no. But I don't think DJ wanted us at all so it's probably not money. maybe he just wanted a party town or a place he thinks he will get a Natty at, but I doubt money was his hold up

Todd4State
01-20-2019, 10:50 PM
Nah, losing one 3 star CB doesn't hurt that much. But what about losing 3 of them? Two months ago, our CB commits were James, Emerson, and Brooks.

James- Oregon
Brooks - Arky

We're keeping Jarrian Jones who is a 4 star and will probably start out at CB. We're also moving Marcus Murphy to CB and then we have Jaylon Reed, Esias Furdge, and Tyler Williams who were all freshmen this year and they may figure in as well or be converted to safety or a hybrid role. So we're OK for now.

Todd4State
01-20-2019, 10:52 PM
What happened the last time we did that?

We do that some now and you probably don't know about it or realize it. We need to do it on a larger level in state.

KOdawg1
01-20-2019, 10:52 PM
We're keeping Jarrian Jones who is a 4 star and will probably start out at CB. We're also moving Marcus Murphy to CB and then we have Jaylon Reed, Esias Furdge, and Tyler Williams who were all freshmen this year and they may figure in as well or be converted to safety or a hybrid role. So we're OK for now.

For now. 2 years from now, not so much. I just don't see MM as a CB. I think he's a safety all the way.

Bothrops
01-20-2019, 10:54 PM
Jarrian Jones will be a CB most definitely. We are ok, until we run out of SEC guys on the roster. I'm not sure we can recruit guys that would hold the only spots on the roster at CB lol

Todd4State
01-20-2019, 10:55 PM
For now. 2 years from now, not so much. I just don't see MM as a CB. I think he's a safety all the way.

All of those players are freshmen in 2019 except for Williams who is a RS sophomore and Murphy who is a sophomore and will likely be here two years from now. We just moved Murphy to CB from safety so unless he looks really bad at CB I doubt we move him back to safety.

I think the mistake we actually make is focusing on out of state kids when there is adequate in state talent that is just as good.

Coursesuper
01-20-2019, 10:57 PM

You do realize that basketball is basically funded by one booster and has been for quite some time. He is the one who called Stricklin's bluff and got rid of Ray and hired Howland.

msstate7
Currently 10th in the sec. We have a historic level of talent in the state this year and supposedly hired recruiting aces, yet here we are.

Percho
What is a 3 star cb worth, on the open market?

Gutter Cobreh
See the post above yours. We've lost all of our CB commits. All of them

See the kid's announcement; he decommitted from the University of Mississippi State. Can we coach someone that doesn't even know the name of the damn school? I'm more pissed about that then I am him going somewhere else.

Todd4State
01-20-2019, 11:01 PM
You do realize that basketball is basically funded by one booster and has been for quite some time. He is the one who called Stricklin's bluff and got rid of Ray and hired Howland.

That's true but he invests in it heavily and as he sees fit. Which is my point.

Dawg61
01-20-2019, 11:02 PM
this thread

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o6ZsU2M7RU4vZTsys/giphy.gif

Homedawg
01-20-2019, 11:06 PM

James- Oregon
Brooks - Arky

To go with a less than stellar cb class last year. We are close to naked at that spot.

Coursesuper
01-20-2019, 11:09 PM
That's true but he invests in it heavily and as he sees fit. Which is my point.

My point is he can handle basketball and one or a few of our boosters can handle a basketball program. Football today is a different story it takes billionaires or very well oiled machines ( IPTAY ) to fund these programs. Sadly we don't have those nor do we have the willingness to pull the same direction all the time.

Doggie_Style
01-20-2019, 11:10 PM
Who we gonna line up at cb?

I bet Lee Witherspoon ends up at CB....so who lines up at RB in 2020?

Homedawg
01-20-2019, 11:10 PM
Currently 10th in the sec. We have a historic level of talent in the state this year and supposedly hired recruiting aces, yet here we are.

As I said 2 weeks ago, we would be hard pressed to finish above top 25. Top 20 was very unlikely, I was called crazy. And I'll say it again, This staff recruits way harder, the results will be similar

Homedawg
01-20-2019, 11:12 PM

Can we blame him on our cb's in 2 years? Asking for a friend......

msstate7
01-20-2019, 11:13 PM

Yes bc he'll be gone by then... everything is the previous coach's fault**

Homedawg
01-20-2019, 11:14 PM

So we can count you in???

Gutter Cobreh
01-20-2019, 11:15 PM

If we could get some 8th graders committed like we do in baseball, it'll all work itself out. Gotta recruitem while they're young!

whosyourdawgy
01-20-2019, 11:18 PM

Agreed. In state was huge this year. And we’ve signed 3 of the 4 stars already and a good chance to sign from one to six more of them. We lost 3 out of state 3 star cornerbacks. I’m not too concerned about that just yet. We’ve got plenty of action left to go in this recruiting season and already have 14 damn good ones signed or on campus. All of you jumping off the ledge are hilarious to me.

msstate7
01-20-2019, 11:20 PM
Agreed. In state was huge this year. And we’ve signed 3 of the 4 stars already and a good chance to sign from one to six more of them. We lost 3 out of state 3 star cornerbacks. I’m not too concerned about that just yet. We’ve got plenty of action left to go in this recruiting season and already have 14 damn good ones signed or on campus. All of you jumping off the ledge are hilarious to me.

I jumped earlier (saints' game). I'm posting on the way down... tall building lol

Homedawg
01-20-2019, 11:28 PM
If we could get some 8th graders committed like we do in baseball, it'll all work itself out. Gotta recruitem while they're young!

While you are being a smart ass, I'm ok with it, if they will at least sign with us I'd be happy, start for two years I'd be estatic. Have a game winning play in the final 8 go crazy. But considering you and dawg 61 can't comprehend the difference, keep giving tips of how not to do it.

Homedawg
01-20-2019, 11:29 PM

Have you looked at our cornerback depth chart??? Obviously not.

Irondawg
01-20-2019, 11:38 PM

Basketball is Addidas helping out more than boosters

RezDog7
01-20-2019, 11:40 PM

You should start cheering for Bama, Clemson or the Patriots.

Coursesuper
01-20-2019, 11:41 PM
[QUOTE=Irondawg;1058772]Basketball is Addidas helping out more than boosters[/QUOTE

They are not our programs largest benefactor.

Bothrops
01-20-2019, 11:57 PM
I bet Lee Witherspoon ends up at CB....so who lines up at RB in 2020?

No telling, probably a juco.

MarketingBully
01-21-2019, 12:07 AM
Did James commit to Oregon or just decommit from us? If he just decommitted from us, it will still stay the same. He will sign with us unless an Auburn offer late. No way his family lets him sign up there. Too far away for them to see him.

Homedawg
01-21-2019, 12:11 AM
Did James commit to Oregon or just decommit from us? If he just decommitted from us, it will still stay the same. He will sign with us unless an Auburn offer late. No way his family lets him sign up there. Too far away for them to see him.

Does it matter? Until signing day nothing matters in that regard. He is a must in our class period.

whosyourdawgy
01-21-2019, 12:14 AM

2020 season cornerbacks returning
1 Sr
4 Jr
3 RFr/Soph
Jarrian Jones could play CB, Safety, or WR

2020 season safety's returning
2 Sr
1 Jr
6 RFr/Soph
1 Juco
1 true Fresh

We’ve got 2 of the best cb’s in the SEC coming back for next season. Safety is more of the concern to me and we are bringing in a damn good juco there. Murphy could very well move to CB if needed. So for the next 2 seasons we have decent numbers there. We will Be young but talent is there. This recruiting cycle isn’t over yet either. All 3 cb’s we supposedl lost were out of state guys not recruited hard by their in state schools. Would’ve loved to sign them but if they don’t want to be here frankly screw them. Have fun wherever you go

whosyourdawgy
01-21-2019, 12:23 AM
Does it matter? Until signing day nothing matters in that regard. He is a must in our class period.

So you’re saying DJ is a cant miss prospect then?

Coursesuper
01-21-2019, 12:27 AM
So you’re saying DJ is a cant miss prospect then?

He can really play, he played in a very good league in high school and did very well in the all star practices and game. He will be a big miss.

Cooterpoot
01-21-2019, 12:27 AM

That’s a pipedream.

whosyourdawgy
01-21-2019, 12:35 AM
He can really play, he played in a very good league in high school and did very well in the all star practices and game. He will be a big miss.

Well i guess we?d better hope mom wants him closer to home then and makes him go to a school he doesn?t want to go to.

BankerDog
01-21-2019, 12:48 AM
The football that is played here in Mobile and on the Eastern Shore is better than anything MS has to offer; and I played at one of the bigger 6A schools in the state of MS.

Coursesuper
01-21-2019, 12:52 AM
The football that is played here in Mobile and on the Eastern Shore is better than anything MS has to offer; and I played at one of the bigger 6A schools in the state of MS.

Yes it is, Baldwin county and the Panhandle area is excellent high school football and baseball.

BankerDog
01-21-2019, 12:55 AM
Yes it is, Baldwin county and the Panhandle area is excellent high school football and baseball.

I moved down here not long ago and was amazed at the talent that is down here at all schools. We've wasted a lot of time not expanding our brand this way, but we are slowly changing that. That's why I have been a big Joey Jones supporter; he is loved by all the coaches down here and we need that.

Coursesuper
01-21-2019, 12:59 AM
I moved down here not long ago and was amazed at the talent that is down here at all schools. We've wasted a lot of time not expanding our brand this way, but we are slowly changing that. That's why I have been a big Joey Jones supporter; he is loved by all the coaches down here and we need that.

It's stil lower Alabama all the way to Panama City. That's a tough row to hoe.

Todd4State
01-21-2019, 01:08 AM

Absolutely. Not sure why you would think I would hold him to a double standard than Dan. And for the record I gave Dan three years before I complained about him too. You can go back to sixpack and look for yourself if you want to waste your time.

Todd4State
01-21-2019, 01:09 AM
So we can count you in???

If I had the money I absolutely would help.

Todd4State
01-21-2019, 01:13 AM

We know. You think all of our players suck outside of Jeffrey Simmons. You can tell the NFL scouts all about Jamal Peters while he is working out at the NFL combine. And don't give me the "I said he would never be a cover corner in the NFL" BS after you stated for years that he shouldn't even start for us.

Our CB depth chart isn't bad- Dantzler and Smitherman and then we have two four star players and three former three star recruits.

Todd4State
01-21-2019, 01:16 AM
2020 season cornerbacks returning
1 Sr
4 Jr
3 RFr/Soph
Jarrian Jones could play CB, Safety, or WR

2020 season safety's returning
2 Sr
1 Jr
6 RFr/Soph
1 Juco
1 true Fresh

We?ve got 2 of the best cb?s in the SEC coming back for next season. Safety is more of the concern to me and we are bringing in a damn good juco there. Murphy could very well move to CB if needed. So for the next 2 seasons we have decent numbers there. We will Be young but talent is there. This recruiting cycle isn?t over yet either. All 3 cb?s we supposedl lost were out of state guys not recruited hard by their in state schools. Would?ve loved to sign them but if they don?t want to be here frankly screw them. Have fun wherever you go

I agree with you about safety. I'm much more concerned about that spot than I am CB for the future. Javious Purvis could end up there and I think he is very underrated. I like Shawn Preston and Landon Guidry as well. And as I said we could move some of the excess CB's to safety if we need to. There is at least one 2020 in state recruit that is a safety prospect as well but he also may end up at LB.

bluelightstar
01-21-2019, 01:41 PM
Committed to Oregon

CadaverDawg
01-21-2019, 02:03 PM

No shit

Barkman Turner Overdrive
01-21-2019, 02:09 PM
They probably put some ***** on him, the likes of which he's never seen.

Have you seen their cheerleaders?

Homedawg
01-21-2019, 02:30 PM
We know. You think all of our players suck outside of Jeffrey Simmons. You can tell the NFL scouts all about Jamal Peters while he is working out at the NFL combine. And don't give me the "I said he would never be a cover corner in the NFL" BS after you stated for years that he shouldn't even start for us.

Our CB depth chart isn't bad- Dantzler and Smitherman and then we have two four star players and three former three star recruits.

I'm not concerned about dantzlet and smitherman, they are fine, it's the one behind them that will be our starters after them in worries about. And they don't give me the warm and fuzzies. As for the Simmons remark, totally false. We had a lot of good players on both sides. Numerous nfl guys. Joe mo just f it up. And for peters, again I didn't know he'd made a roster yet. I hope he does. He's gonna have a good combine but he's not a cover corner in the nfl.
ETA, I never said he should t start, just said he was t that good.

Homedawg
01-21-2019, 02:31 PM
If I had the money I absolutely would help.

Haha. Fair enough

BuckyIsAB****
01-21-2019, 02:35 PM

Ha

BankerDog
01-21-2019, 02:47 PM
Ha

Brandon wouldn?t have stood a chance against Spanish Fort, Daphne, McGill, UMS Wright, or Saraland. I know you coach at Brandon and all, but it?s a different level down here. Multiple teams with multiple SEC athletes and linemen.

Coursesuper
01-21-2019, 02:48 PM
Ha

I’ve never understood why y’all in the metro Jackson feel your all that. You have 1 state champ from Pearl in the recent past.

BankerDog
01-21-2019, 02:52 PM
I’ve never understood why y’all in the metro Jackson feel your all that. You have 1 state champ from Pearl in the recent past.

He also coaches in a not so strong division in 6A. It?s the same teams every year, Brandon, Pearl, and Oak Grove. Oak Grove finally put it all together this year because every other year they?re overrated.