PDA

View Full Version : Apparently we have hired a RB coach

Dawgfan77
01-20-2019, 07:41 PM
Im hearing it?s Gillespie...joe at least moved fast

MetEdDawg
01-20-2019, 07:51 PM
If so Joe made a smart hire. He had to have known this was coming at some point and had this ready. Solid hire by Joe.

Dawgfan77
01-20-2019, 07:59 PM
I?m just saying what I have heard. Not saying the name is in stone but he has offered the job

Ifyouonlyknew
01-20-2019, 08:04 PM
I?m just saying what I have heard. Not saying the name is in stone but he has offered the job

We have a RB Coach who's already accepted the job. I don't know if that's Gillespie or not.

Commercecomet24
01-20-2019, 08:04 PM
Robert would be a very good hire. Good coach dang good recruiter.

Dawg61
01-20-2019, 08:22 PM
I hope our new RBs coach gets Joe to get the ball to our RBs a lot more than this last year. Like 200% more.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-20-2019, 08:50 PM
I am hoping for Juluke or Tony Hull

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-20-2019, 08:55 PM
Steve said he thinks it's someone with connection to Joe from northeast.....really? Joe does realize he is in the south now right?

bluelightstar
01-20-2019, 08:56 PM
Steve said he thinks it's someone with connection to Joe from northeast.....really? Joe does realize he is in the south now right?

it really is remarkable.

Coursesuper
01-20-2019, 08:59 PM

I really hope rosey is wrong here, but i damn sure wouldn't bet against him.

CadaverDawg
01-20-2019, 08:59 PM
Steve said he thinks it's someone with connection to Joe from northeast

https://media.giphy.com/media/11xNUFPTM9iAWA/giphy.gif

Jacksondevildog
01-20-2019, 09:00 PM
Recruiting ties to the south must not be necessary. We need coaches that know how to recruit China Town and Brooklyn.

TXDawg
01-20-2019, 09:03 PM
I hope our new RBs coach gets Joe to get the ball to our RBs a lot more than this last year. Like 200% more.

I still think a lot of that was on Nick. Unfortunately, Joe didn’t have anyone else to go to.

Jack Lambert
01-20-2019, 09:03 PM
Recruiting ties to the south must not be necessary. We need coaches that know how to recruit China Town and Brooklyn.

Recruiting is like selling. If you can sell you can sell no matter what and to who.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-20-2019, 09:05 PM
Recruiting is like selling. If you can sell you can sell no matter what and to who.

This is not entirely true.

ejdallas322
01-20-2019, 09:11 PM
This may be a stupid thing to say but I wish we would go after Tony Elliot at Clemson.
Current Salary: 240K
We could offer him more and give him full offensive coordinator position if Getsy leaves for the Packers and then just go after another receivers coach.

ejdallas322
01-20-2019, 09:13 PM
But thats pretty much wishing for a miracle.

Todd4State
01-20-2019, 09:23 PM
Rosebowl thinks it's Reno Ferri

https://cuse.com/coaches.aspx?rc=2861&path=football

civildawg
01-20-2019, 09:25 PM
Terrible if true. Go get a sec recruiter. I?m so over Moorhead

bluelightstar
01-20-2019, 09:27 PM
Terrible if true. Go get a sec recruiter. I?m so over Moorhead

Again, long 3 years

Coursesuper
01-20-2019, 09:27 PM
Rosebowl thinks it's Reno Ferri

https://cuse.com/coaches.aspx?rc=2861&path=football

Theres not much to get excited about in this.

hacker
01-20-2019, 09:32 PM
Rosebowl said he thinks Ferri joins the staff, but not as RB coach.

Todd4State
01-20-2019, 09:34 PM
Rosebowl said he thinks Ferri joins the staff, but not as RB coach.

Unless he is hiring Ferri for an off the field position then someone else is leaving because the numbers aren't adding up.

Coursesuper
01-20-2019, 09:35 PM
Unless he is hiring Ferri for an off the field position then someone else is leaving because the numbers aren't adding up.

Does it matter, this thing is a fustercluck.

Bothrops
01-20-2019, 09:38 PM
Theres not much to get excited about in this.

Strong recruiting ties to the the NE, great, that takes us out of the ballgame for him recruiting the north or south.

hacker
01-20-2019, 09:39 PM

Probably Getsy?

Todd4State
01-20-2019, 09:41 PM
Does it matter, this thing is a fustercluck.

Since someone would have to be off the field it matters some.

Probably Getsy?

Maybe because I think Ferri has some WR coaching experience.

Todd4State
01-20-2019, 09:42 PM
Strong recruiting ties to the the NE, great, that takes us out of the ballgame for him recruiting the north or south.

Don't assume everyone from the Northeast is a Yankee asshole like Hevesy.

MetEdDawg
Could Ferri not replace Hudspeth? That would be a decent hire in my opinion.

BankerDog

There were rumors Reno was joining the staff when Hud left. What he did with Ravian Pierce is noted specifically.

Let it all play out. There may be some upgrades coming.

maroonmania
01-20-2019, 09:44 PM
Any more news on the Gillespie hire?

Dawg61
01-20-2019, 10:08 PM

Which China Town though? The one in Los Angeles might have some hidden gems or maybe some new Dim Sum recipes for team meals.

Todd4State
01-20-2019, 10:10 PM
There were rumors Reno was joining the staff when Hud left. What he did with Ravian Pierce is noted specifically.

Let it all play out. There may be some upgrades coming.

Agree. Just not sure where Hughes goes at this point.

KOdawg1
01-20-2019, 10:11 PM
Haha what a shit show.

maroonmania
01-20-2019, 10:17 PM
We absolutely have to have the most negative fanbase in the country.

bluelightstar
01-20-2019, 10:19 PM

We just lost 5 games with the #1 defense in the country and lost a bowl game to a team that is barely a Top 50 recruiter. If anything we are not negative enough.

BankerDog
01-20-2019, 10:22 PM
Agree. Just not sure where Hughes goes at this point.

In the office where he belongs.

msstate7
01-20-2019, 10:24 PM
In the office where he belongs.

Is he any good if he can't recruit off campus?

BuckyIsAB****
01-20-2019, 10:24 PM
Could Ferri not replace Hudspeth? That would be a decent hire in my opinion.

Hughes is coaching TEs

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-20-2019, 10:25 PM

Don't you know? We are the only school to lose coaches ever!! Smh some of our fans need to chill the f*#% out or pick another school to follow.

Dawg61
01-20-2019, 10:27 PM
We just lost 5 games with the #1 defense in the country and lost a bowl game to a team that is barely a Top 50 recruiter. If anything we are not negative enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ViG0lQoW5w

preachermatt83
01-20-2019, 10:32 PM

Accept you rep sir. Great post.

Dawg61
01-20-2019, 11:00 PM
Accept you rep sir. Great post.

You know your post sucks when Preacher comes out from his hiding spot to rep you**

KOdawg1
01-20-2019, 11:04 PM
Terry Richardson seems to be a name getting smoke right now. RB coach at UCONN. Not a terrible hire imo. He's got NFL experience and he knows Moorhead, but apparently that means jack shit bc Joe's right hand man just bailed on him.

MetEdDawg
01-20-2019, 11:05 PM
Huff is about to spend a maximum of 2 years at Bama. He gets to learn from the master and figure out how to run a program. Then he's gonna go do it on his own.

Huff already got a HC job offer from Akron. Him leaving isn't bailing on Moorhead. He gets to learn how to be a HC from the best ever.

But that's probably me just defending Moorhead again. Huff probably told Moorhead to his face he was shit, threw his junk on the table, said suck on that, then ran out of the athletic building tossing his Bama cash in the air out the door.

BuckyIsAB****
01-20-2019, 11:09 PM
I've never seen a bigger melt over an asst coach leaving that we we have got going on. Bama lost a ton of coaches this week and they just got their asses handed to them, I wonder if they are flipping shit. We will go get someone else's RB coach its going to be ok

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-20-2019, 11:40 PM
Joe bailed on James Franklin....that bastard**

BeardoMSU
01-20-2019, 11:42 PM

And all those snakes who've worked for Saban over the years....Bunch'a ball washin' bastards.**

msstate7
01-20-2019, 11:43 PM

Exactly the same.

RezDog7
01-20-2019, 11:50 PM

We should cancel football forever***

BeardoMSU
01-20-2019, 11:56 PM

We lost 4 games Dak's senior year....

And 3 his junior year....

Including 2 EB's....

Bothrops
01-21-2019, 12:00 AM

Us and Cleveland Browns

Dawg61
01-21-2019, 12:03 AM
Us and Cleveland Browns

No it's us. The Browns fans are thrilled right now with Baker almost getting them in.

yjnkdawg
01-21-2019, 12:56 AM

Nope! Just a few posters on ED who like to get attention , and strive on anything that appears to be negative to our athletic program. They should start a membership site "The Sky Is Falling In The MSU Athletic Program" and then hopefully stay on that site. This continued bitching and the sky is always falling gets old.

yjnkdawg
01-21-2019, 12:59 AM
You know your post sucks when Preacher comes out from his hiding spot to rep you**

LOL True 61

yjnkdawg
01-21-2019, 01:16 AM

(1) Some of the play calls were designed quarterback runs, (2) Some DC's baited Fitz in to misreading the defense to keep the ball, and (3) Fitz loved to the run the ball. So add 2 and 3 together and you have the majority of the plays with Fitz keeping the ball.

Todd4State
01-21-2019, 01:59 AM
Now Rosebowl is saying that we are probably hiring Terry Richardson.

https://uconnhuskies.com/coaches.aspx?rc=172&path=football

Looks better as far as RB coach goes compared to Ferri. He's also saying that we're getting Ferri too.

Not sure how this will look or work out still:

QB- Breiner
RB- Richardson
WR- Getsy?
TE- Ferri
OL- Johnson
DL- Baker
LB- Lembaku
CB- Buckley
S/DC- Shoop
ST- Jones
Hughes? Front office?

If Getsy leaves they could use Feri at WR and Hughes at TE.

And on another random note- I noticed that Feri has coached at Army and Tony Hughes was a former Marine. That may help with discipline some.

Fred Garvin
01-21-2019, 07:49 AM
Nope! Just a few posters on ED who like to get attention , and strive on anything that appears to be negative to our athletic program. They should start a membership site "The Sky Is Falling In The MSU Athletic Program" and then hopefully stay on that site. This continued bitching and the sky is always falling gets old.

Agreed

ejdallas322
01-21-2019, 09:00 AM
There’s one reason I wouldn’t like the hire of Richardson and that’s bc he doesn’t know how to recruit in this conference. We just lost a talented recruiter in Huff and one of the best recruiters in the south in Hudspeth. I love that we got Hughes back but hiring Ferri a downgrade and Richardson is sort of a downgrade. We need a guy in the south.

hacker
01-21-2019, 09:10 AM
There’s one reason I wouldn’t like the hire of Richardson and that’s bc he doesn’t know how to recruit in this conference. We just lost a talented recruiter in Huff and one of the best recruiters in the south in Hudspeth. I love that we got Hughes back but hiring Ferri a downgrade and Richardson is sort of a downgrade. We need a guy in the south.

He was the recruiting coordinator at Miami. That seems pretty good.

Really Clark?
01-21-2019, 09:22 AM
There?s one reason I wouldn?t like the hire of Richardson and that?s bc he doesn?t know how to recruit in this conference. We just lost a talented recruiter in Huff and one of the best recruiters in the south in Hudspeth. I love that we got Hughes back but hiring Ferri a downgrade and Richardson is sort of a downgrade. We need a guy in the south.

I think people are very confused about who was actually been pulling their weight recruiting this year. Especially this fall/winter. Hud was not an allstar, especially lately. Johnson has been better than both Hud and Huff this year.

I seen it dawg
01-21-2019, 09:24 AM
We lost 4 games Dak's senior year....

And 3 his junior year....

Including 2 EB's....

May not be a better post although for some on here without reading comprehension, which seems to be a lot, it will jet right over their heads.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-21-2019, 09:26 AM
Nope! Just a few posters on ED who like to get attention

trust me it's not limited to ED

msstate7
01-21-2019, 09:30 AM
May not be a better post although for some on here without reading comprehension, which seems to be a lot, it will jet right over their heads.

2015 draft...
Preston smith 2nd round
McK 2nd
Wells 6th
Johnson 6th
JRob 6th

Jones 2nd
Redmond 3rd
Dak 4th

Let's see how 2019 draft compares in April

I seen it dawg
01-21-2019, 09:36 AM
I'll be happy to think like i do vs think like you do.

Ari Gold
01-21-2019, 09:53 AM
I wonder who it was that dropped Coach Ferri name about a month ago and told eveyone don’t go ****ing meltdown if we hire the guy. Very solid coach and recruiter and as expected everyone melts because he isnt from the “south”

Well Mullen had 9 years to get players and put more guys in the league. And eveyone can thank Coach Austin for that 2017 class
Sweat , Abram, Cole, Landrews ... basically all the juco guys ... #bringbackPat

Dawgology
01-21-2019, 09:54 AM
I've never seen a bigger melt over an asst coach leaving that we we have got going on. Bama lost a ton of coaches this week and they just got their asses handed to them, I wonder if they are flipping shit. We will go get someone else's RB coach its going to be ok

It?s not about just an assnt coach. We went 8-4 with probably one of the most talented MSU football teams we will see in our lifetimes and completely squandered a rare opportunity in the SEC, lost to an average Iowa team in a bowl we have been wanting to 20 years, lost commitments from multiple talented recruits, and have now lost 3 coaches (possibly several more) all in the space of about 3 weeks.

The program (to even the casual fan based on a conversation I had this morning) appears to be flying off the rails at breakneck speed. Maybe it?s Cohen?s strategy to focus on winning in baseball and women?s basketball. Good luck with that...I?m sure they will generate enough money to keep the athletic program afloat.

bostondawg
01-21-2019, 09:59 AM
As someone who lives in the northeast, I'm very excited that MSU coaches have finally woken up to the enormous amount of HS talent we have up here.

We have great players, you just gotta break through the ice and pull 'em out first.

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-21-2019, 09:59 AM

Right, but he's now the RB coach at UConn... how good could that stint at Miami be viewed if that was the best job he could get? Not saying he's a bad hire just that there's 2 sides to his resume

ejdallas322
01-21-2019, 10:02 AM
Reno Ferri is not a good recruiter. Idk what u ppl are talking abt. The dude only has two, three star commitments ALL-TIME and is ranked 71 in the ACC for recruiters. That is the definition of a downgrade right there.

ejdallas322
01-21-2019, 10:03 AM
Moorhead needs to get new friends bc the guys he knows are not what we need at all to win in the SEC.

Ari Gold
01-21-2019, 10:06 AM

Agree....

And I’m not defending CJM at all because last year 8-5 was a disappointment , but there wasn’t one talking head or football expert or anyone nationally that didn’t think Moorhead was a HR hire.

But melting down over him losing coaches is rich. Mullen couldn’t keep a DC , of course his boys ( Knox Hev and Gonzo ) didn’t go anywhere no one wanted them. And he had Sallach as a TE coach for ****s sake

BeardoMSU
01-21-2019, 10:18 AM
Agree....

And I’m not defending CJM at all because last year 8-5 was a disappointment , but there wasn’t one talking head or football expert or anyone nationally that didn’t think Moorhead was a HR hire.

But melting down over him losing coaches is rich. Mullen couldn’t keep a DC , of course his boys ( Knox Hev and Gonzo ) didn’t go anywhere no one wanted them. And he had Sallach as a TE coach for ****s sake

Exactly.

BankerDog
01-21-2019, 10:19 AM
I wonder who it was that dropped Coach Ferri name about a month ago and told eveyone don’t go ****ing meltdown if we hire the guy. Very solid coach and recruiter and as expected everyone melts because he isnt from the “south”

Well Mullen had 9 years to get players and put more guys in the league. And eveyone can thank Coach Austin for that 2017 class
Sweat , Abram, Cole, Landrews ... basically all the juco guys ... #bringbackPat

You nailed it with Coach Pat. We need to get him back and have him team up with Hughes; that would be as lock down in the state of MS then any other combo.

CadaverDawg
01-21-2019, 10:39 AM
I appreciate the insight and inside info from certain posters.....but it's hard not to sigh when we're being told "everything is fine" by the same guys preaching that "our current staff will recruit at a different level than the old guard" and "Joe is likable, coaches want to work with him", as our recruiting class dies a slow death and coaches are jumping ship like the Titanic.

Is there some overreaction? Maybe. But don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining either...this is quickly becoming a total shit show within a year of the guy being hired. No need to criticize those pointing out the obvious. But that's just me.

msstate7
01-21-2019, 10:44 AM
I appreciate the insight and inside info from certain posters.....but it's hard not to sigh when we're being told "everything is fine" by the same guys preaching that "our current staff will recruit at a different level than the old guard" and "Joe is likable, coaches want to work with him", as our recruiting class does a slow death and coaches are jumping ship like the Titanic.

Is there some overreaction? Maybe. But don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining either...this is quickly becoming a total shit show within a year of the guy being hired. No need to criticize those pointing out the obvious. But that's just me.

Yep. This staff was next level recruiting, and yet, we 10th in the sec and looking like we'll get 5 of the 18 players rated 88 or better in the state. We're absolutely killing it 'cruitn

CadaverDawg
01-21-2019, 10:49 AM
Yep. This staff was next level recruiting, and yet, we 10th in the sec and looking like we'll get 5 of the 18 players rated 88 or better in the state. We're absolutely killing it 'cruitn

We'll be criticized for saying it, but Mullen and the country club would have done better than this, while not blowing the '18 season in the process. Thank God for the Ole Miss guy, Marcus Johnson...if not for him knowing how to close Cross, it would be a total train wreck.

Ari Gold
01-21-2019, 11:04 AM
We'll be criticized for saying it, but Mullen and the country club would have done better than this, while not blowing the '18 season in the process. Thank God for the Ole Miss guy, Marcus Johnson...if not for him knowing how to close Cross, it would be a total train wreck.

Name me who Mullen and his boys get that we don’t have now... and you could prob take Jarrian off the list, Cunningham wasn’t even offered by Hev , and Cross we would of had zero shot at..

Again not defending Moorhead but ****... he has barely been here a full year yet.

CadaverDawg
01-21-2019, 11:07 AM
Name me who Mullen and his boys get that we don’t have now... and you could prob take Jarrian off the list, Cunningham wasn’t even offered by Hev , and Cross we would of had zero shot at..

Impossible to know. However, he always finished what, 20-35 in recruiting WITHOUT a loaded Mississippi class....so it's hard to think he wouldn't have smoked this class Joe is putting together. Especially since he'd probably be recruiting on the back of a successful 10+ Win season instead of a thud.

BeardoMSU
01-21-2019, 11:18 AM
Impossible to know. However, he always finished what, 20-35 in recruiting WITHOUT a loaded Mississippi class....so it's hard to think he wouldn't have smoked this class Joe is putting together. Especially since he'd probably be recruiting on the back of a successful 10+ Win season instead of a thud.

I honestly think Dan would've only won 1 additional regular season game; he'd have beaten Florida. Now obviously 9-3 would've been a decent season, but his offense would've still bogged down against the better defenses, just like it did every other year.

msstate7
01-21-2019, 11:20 AM
I honestly think Dan would've only won 1 additional regular season game; he'd have beaten Florida. Now obviously 9-3 would've been a decent season, but his offense would've still bogged down against the better defenses, just like it did every other year.

Like LSU and Bama last season?

CadaverDawg
01-21-2019, 11:23 AM

I think he beats Florida and Kentucky and Iowa (but we'd have been playing someone better in a NY6 game, so it wouldn't have been Iowa). Remember, our offense was nonexistent vs Kentucky too, yet we were still within a score late. 10 wins and a potential NY6 win for win #11 vs 8-5 and a thud in the Outback. Impossible to know, but we definitely would have done better than 8-5

JohnHenryBonham
01-21-2019, 12:05 PM

LSU wasn?t very good early last season...and Bama shut us down in the 4th quarter when it counted....or you can say Dan choked as in 2014.

BrunswickDawg
01-21-2019, 12:08 PM

Like UGA and AU last season.

msstate7
01-21-2019, 12:13 PM
LSU wasn?t very good early last season...and Bama shut us down in the 4th quarter when it counted....or you can say Dan choked as in 2014.

2017 LSU was 12th in the nation in total defense. Here's the rankings of the teams that shut us down this year...

Kentucky 23rd
Florida 28th
LSU 25th
Bama 16th

Last year we faced 4 defenses in the top 15 scoring 74 points (18.5 ppg). This year the only defense we faced in the top 15 was Iowa.

msstate7
01-21-2019, 12:13 PM
Like UGA and AU last season.

Both were top 15 defenses. We faced 1 top 15 defense this year

bluelightstar
01-21-2019, 12:16 PM
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/monday-down-south-mark-stoops-breaks-kentuckys-cycle-of-futility-on-his-own-terms/

I don't think people understand just how our bad our offense was. Please look at Hinton's article, and the accompanying chart. Moorhead has 3 of our worst offensive performances of the last decade, including the next-to-worst (169 yards against Alabama this year). Mullen does have the worst -- 131 yards against Alabama in 2011. But this year's Alabama defense was a shell of the 2011 version.

msstate7
01-21-2019, 12:18 PM
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/monday-down-south-mark-stoops-breaks-kentuckys-cycle-of-futility-on-his-own-terms/

I don't think people understand just how our bad our offense was. Please look at Hinton's article, and the accompanying chart. Moorhead has 3 of our worst offensive performances of the last decade, including the next-to-worst (169 yards against Alabama this year). Mullen does have the worst -- 131 yards against Alabama in 2011. But this year's Alabama defense was a shell of the 2011 version.

2011 Bama was the best college defense ever. 2011 LSU is 2nd

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-21-2019, 12:28 PM

Dan's last full class ('17) finished #24. Going backwards from there we have finishes of: #28, #18, #36, #24, #22, and #41 in '11

So you're correct about his average finish, however it's worth noting that in the '15 class we finished with just 7 4* and a composite average of .8769. This year we have 6 4* we're expected to get (8 if we flip Young and Mingo), and currently have an average of .8875.

So yeah Moorhead has failed to take advantage of a stocked in state class, but Mullen failed to take advantage of a 10-2 season and had a worse class than this will end up being.

preachermatt83
01-21-2019, 12:29 PM
The ship is sinking and Moorhead is the captain. This is coming from the guy who actually won the sunshine pumper award at one time. Joe may get better, but right now he's in over his head running the program.

msstate7
01-21-2019, 12:32 PM
Dan's last full class ('17) finished #24. Going backwards from there we have finishes of: #28, #18, #36, #24, #22, and #41 in '11

So you're correct about his average finish, however it's worth noting that in the '15 class we finished with just 7 4* and a composite average of .8769. This year we have 6 4* we're expected to get (8 if we flip Young and Mingo), and currently have an average of .8875.

So yeah Moorhead has failed to take advantage of a stocked in state class, but Mullen failed to take advantage of a 10-2 season and had a worse class than this will end up being.

Look at sec rankings... we're right where we've always been, 10th'ish

Really Clark?
01-21-2019, 12:47 PM

Mullen failed with 2015 class? Mississippi had 7 4 stars in 2015 and we signed 5 of them and signed 10 of the top 15. That?s cleaning up the state pretty well. And we ended up getting Abram back after transferring from Georgia to JUCO. McClarin and Story was in that class as well.

Getting 10 of the Top 15 this year, like 2015, would be 9 4 stars and 1 5 star...that would put us Top 15 in the country

TrapGame
01-21-2019, 12:54 PM
The ship is sinking and Moorhead is the captain. This is coming from the guy who actually won the sunshine pumper award at one time. Joe may get better, but right now he's in over his head running the program.

I'm leaning this direction now too. The Huff to Bama news shook me a little. I don't care if it is Bama. Huff was a serious Moorhead loyalist. Something's up.

32 Dive
01-21-2019, 01:51 PM

Billy Gonzales was also once the recruiting coordinator at Florida. So, there's that.

My point: You can find whatever you like, when you look at a coach's bio.

BuckyIsAB****
01-21-2019, 02:02 PM
It?s not about just an assnt coach. We went 8-4 with probably one of the most talented MSU football teams we will see in our lifetimes and completely squandered a rare opportunity in the SEC, lost to an average Iowa team in a bowl we have been wanting to 20 years, lost commitments from multiple talented recruits, and have now lost 3 coaches (possibly several more) all in the space of about 3 weeks.

The program (to even the casual fan based on a conversation I had this morning) appears to be flying off the rails at breakneck speed. Maybe it?s Cohen?s strategy to focus on winning in baseball and women?s basketball. Good luck with that...I?m sure they will generate enough money to keep the athletic program afloat.

I agree with everything on the field but not off of it. Every program in the country loses coaches and commits this time of year. Its just worse for us right now because we lost the bowl.

BuckyIsAB****
01-21-2019, 02:04 PM
I appreciate the insight and inside info from certain posters.....but it's hard not to sigh when we're being told "everything is fine" by the same guys preaching that "our current staff will recruit at a different level than the old guard" and "Joe is likable, coaches want to work with him", as our recruiting class dies a slow death and coaches are jumping ship like the Titanic.

Im just saying take a step back. Every other program in the country is going thru the same things we are right now. Its not just us. I am not defending Moorhead, we should have won at least 10 and that falls squarely on him. But give him shit about what he deserves and not what happens to everyone.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-21-2019, 02:09 PM
Im just saying take a step back. Every other program in the country is going thru the same things we are right now. Its not just us. I am not defending Moorhead, we should have won at least 10 and that falls squarely on him. But give him shit about what he deserves and not what happens to everyone.

Timing is never good, but ours is awful and I think that makes it seem worse. Plus it takes more time for us to get in position to win relative to other programs and people are worried we’re losing our investment. I see both sides.

BuckyIsAB****
01-21-2019, 02:12 PM
Timing is never good, but ours is awful and I think that makes it seem worse. Plus it takes more time for us to get in position to win relative to other programs and people are worried we’re losing our investment. I see both sides.

Oh I def see why people are pissed, Im pissed too we should have done better this year but Im not pissed about coaches leaving and kids decommiting that happens everywhere.

Mullen lost his DC every year because he was an asshole that tried to tell guys how to do their jobs then Cohen made him hire Grantham

Jack Lambert
01-21-2019, 02:45 PM
I'm leaning this direction now too. The Huff to Bama news shook me a little. I don't care if it is Bama. Huff was a serious Moorhead loyalist. Something's up.

Maybe ambition thinking he would be in a better position to move up or good old fashion $.

TrapGame
01-21-2019, 02:46 PM
Maybe ambition thinking he would be in a better position to move up or good old fashion $.

Or he could see Joe's gone after next year.

hacker
01-21-2019, 02:47 PM
Billy Gonzales was also once the recruiting coordinator at Florida. So, there's that.

My point: You can find whatever you like, when you look at a coach's bio.

Shrug. I was replying to a guy saying he had no recruiting ties to the south.

Really Clark?
01-21-2019, 02:59 PM
Oh I def see why people are pissed, Im pissed too we should have done better this year but Im not pissed about coaches leaving and kids decommiting that happens everywhere.

Mullen lost his DC every year because he was an asshole that tried to tell guys how to do their jobs then Cohen made him hire Grantham

Cohen didn?t make him hire Grantham. He went Cohen after the AFCA conference to get Grantham from Louisville. Grantham was looking to leave as well. But it wasn?t Cohen?s idea. Not even close

I seen it dawg
01-21-2019, 05:26 PM

Impossible to know is right. On both sides. Mullen would have won 10+ like all the other yrs he was here. Football was disappointing only bc our defense was so good. Problem was we had any 6 of us posters on here playing wr. We had one playmaker on offense and he still hasn't proven himself to be able to stay on the field. I still can't figure out wtf Moorhead was doing most times but shit don't act like Mullen wouldn't have done his usual.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-21-2019, 06:44 PM
It’s not like JoMo lost at home against South Alabama or 3 out of 4 against Ole Miss....

MedDawg
01-21-2019, 07:00 PM

Agree.

BuckyIsAB****
01-21-2019, 10:27 PM
Cohen didn?t make him hire Grantham. He went Cohen after the AFCA conference to get Grantham from Louisville. Grantham was looking to leave as well. But it wasn?t Cohen?s idea. Not even close

What I meant was Cohen got on Mullen and told him to cut the shit Stricklin had been letting him get away with