Homedawg
01-20-2019, 01:13 PM
Day..... Moorhead bout to earn that check

BeardoMSU
01-20-2019, 01:15 PM
https://gifimage.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/intrigue-gif-9.gif

Lord McBuckethead
01-20-2019, 01:47 PM
Let the dominoes fall, Moorhead. Lets get it.

Commercecomet24
01-20-2019, 01:47 PM
Close em Joe!

Lord McBuckethead
01-20-2019, 01:53 PM
I am ready to see the tweet. have it as a auto notification on my phone.

Homedawg
01-20-2019, 02:17 PM
I am ready to see the tweet. have it as a auto notification on my phone.

Wrong subject.

CadaverDawg
01-20-2019, 02:26 PM
I think Homedawg is referring to coaches leaving, unfortunately

Ifyouonlyknew
01-20-2019, 02:35 PM
If/when Huff leaves I don't think we'll have to wait long to hear who his replacement is.

msstate7
01-20-2019, 02:37 PM
If/when Huff leaves I don't think we'll have to wait long to hear who his replacement is.

Sylvester coming home**

Ifyouonlyknew
01-20-2019, 02:44 PM
Sylvester coming home**

He coached Barry Sanders. Imagine using that on recruiting trail. It's Gold!!

parabrave
01-20-2019, 02:46 PM
As long as Shoop stays.

Big4Dawg
01-20-2019, 02:54 PM

Who would it be?

Turfdawg67
01-20-2019, 03:35 PM
Wrong subject.

Don't ya know. It's all negative these days! We've become Bitch U.

Cooterpoot
01-20-2019, 03:37 PM
Don't ya know. It's all negative these days! We've become Bitch U.

This^

HoopsDawg
01-20-2019, 03:40 PM
How will we ever make it without the RBs coach? Especially the guy who couldn't sign any RBs.

Dawgfan77
01-20-2019, 03:47 PM
Huff is a decent coach but honestly I don?t think he was a difference maker on our staff. If he has a chance to put coaching under Saban on his resume then do it. It?s not always about money sometimes. I feel confident we will add a good coach and recruiter
With Getsy I?m kind indifferent. One year as glorified OC wasn?t impressive in anyway. I?d rather get a guy that?s coached WRs in the sec and can recruit

MaroonFlounder
01-20-2019, 03:47 PM
We don't even use the RBs like we should under Moorhead. Who would want to come to MSU to be a RB coach? Kylin would get 10 more carries per game in almost any other offense.

maroonmania
01-20-2019, 03:54 PM
Huff is a decent coach but honestly I don?t think he was a difference maker on our staff. If he has a chance to put coaching under Saban on his resume then do it. It?s not always about money sometimes. I feel confident we will add a good coach and recruiter
With Getsy I?m kind indifferent. One year as glorified OC wasn?t impressive in anyway. I?d rather get a guy that?s coached WRs in the sec and can recruit

I'm rather indifferent about most of the offensive staff at the moment outside of not wanting us to lose momentum in recruiting.

MetEdDawg
01-20-2019, 03:54 PM
Recruiting people. Recruiting. Sweet shit our fan base doesn't realize this. Recruiting from Huff is huge. We as a fan base haven't realized that recruiting is more of a benefit than actual coaching.

Look at Ole Miss. When did they get good? When they got talent. Their coaching staff was horrible. But when you get really good players you can compete. There aren't teams out there developing low level talent and competing at a high level. The teams competing get the best talent.

The quicker we learn that the better off we will be.

Dawgfan77
01-20-2019, 03:57 PM
If getsey leaves we will go with a WR coach with sec experience

Cooterpoot
01-20-2019, 03:58 PM
Funny how our fans complain about not being able to compete with AL etc. but when Bama takes our coach, that coach sucks. LOL!

Ifyouonlyknew
01-20-2019, 03:58 PM
If getsey leaves Josh Gaddis is a name to keep in mind

Gattis just took the Co-OC job at Michigan.

Dawgfan77
01-20-2019, 04:02 PM
Gattis just took the Co-OC job at Michigan.

Yep saw that after I posted. My bad

maroonmania
01-20-2019, 04:15 PM
Recruiting people. Recruiting. Sweet shit our fan base doesn't realize this. Recruiting from Huff is huge. We as a fan base haven't realized that recruiting is more of a benefit than actual coaching.

Look at Ole Miss. When did they get good? When they got talent. Their coaching staff was horrible. But when you get really good players you can compete. There aren't teams out there developing low level talent and competing at a high level. The teams competing get the best talent.

I would definitely like for Huff to stay for his recruiting. If Bama is after him then that is what its for. Our RB performance on the field was somewhat disappointing this year given what was expected.

Coursesuper
01-20-2019, 04:16 PM
Day..... Moorhead bout to earn that check

This is the kind of day that we find out if our AD can actually get it done with donor alumni or not.

Dawgfan77
01-20-2019, 04:34 PM
Looks it?s a done deal

MetEdDawg
01-20-2019, 04:36 PM
Looks it?s a done deal

Yep. Al.com is reporting it now

Ifyouonlyknew
01-20-2019, 04:37 PM
Looks it?s a done deal

Yep we'll see if our new RB Coach comes out today or tomorrow.

Coursesuper
01-20-2019, 04:45 PM
I 17ing hate the SEC.

RougeDawg
01-20-2019, 04:47 PM
This is why we are always behind the 8 ball. Finally get a great recruiter and the halves take him away. This is why you must strike while the iron is hot and you have 3 first rounders and multiple more draft picks.

MetEdDawg
01-20-2019, 04:47 PM
Yep we'll see if our new RB Coach comes out today or tomorrow.

So I would assume Moorhead has prepared for this by this comment? I mean Huff was ordered what, the Akron job? Moorhead had to have an idea here I would assume.

Coursesuper
01-20-2019, 04:53 PM
This is why we are always behind the 8 ball. Finally get a great recruiter and the halves take him away. This is why you must strike while the iron is hot and you have 3 first rounders and multiple more draft picks.

This is the truth.

Pit Bull
01-20-2019, 04:58 PM
Sylvester coming home**

I would take Sylvester coaching the OL....but dont think he would ever come back unless he needs a paycheck.....which I doubt.

Dawgfan77
01-20-2019, 05:02 PM
I think Huffs recruiting was a little over blown. We got in the game but he wasn?t a closer

CadaverDawg
01-20-2019, 05:03 PM

Yep. Why I was so pissed about 8-5

Jack Lambert
01-20-2019, 05:03 PM
I think Huffs recruiting was a little over blown. We got in the game but he wasn?t a closer

I think and it's my opinion that losing Hud hurt worse.

Cooterpoot
01-20-2019, 05:04 PM

The only coach on AL’s staff from 2016 is him. Turnover happens. It’s when it’s within your division to the bully on the block that’s the problem.

Really Clark?

At the RB coach position like Huff, I agree you can go recruiter over good coach first. Some other spots on your staff can be recruiter spots (people, fans do have a hard time understanding that a lot of college coaches who are considered recruiters only are better coaches than they comprehend). But at some spots, especially line coaches have to be very good coaches first. They can?t just be a recruiter, that?s just gravy because not all coaches are good recruiters. If someone is both, great, but if my choices are between a good line coach or good recruiter, you absolutely take the coach over the recruiter.

Concerning UNM, Allen was one of the biggest reasons they had a couple of great years. He ran the 2014 defense. He was not a good recruiter but a very very good defensive coach. So they had some coaching as well.

Cooterpoot
I think and it's my opinion that losing Hud hurt worse.

HUD was job hunting and not handling some things late in the year.

Coursesuper
01-20-2019, 05:07 PM
The only coach on AL’s staff from 2016 is him. Turnover happens. It’s when it’s within your division to the bully on the block that’s the problem.

The Bully on the block that we will never be able to compete with financially, ever.

chef dixon
01-20-2019, 05:09 PM
Well if there was a chance of our offense working on Bama next year that?s probably gone

CadaverDawg
01-20-2019, 05:10 PM
**** Alabama.

RougeDawg
01-20-2019, 05:12 PM

He was rated one of the top recruiters in the nation at least once. Maybe more than that. This definitely hurts us.

Cooterpoot
01-20-2019, 05:12 PM
The Bully on the block that we will never be able to compete with financially, ever.

That?s what college football has become. The haves vs the have nots. We aren?t either one of those because we?re in the SEC. Eventually college football is going to destroy itself.

Dawgfan77
01-20-2019, 05:14 PM
He was rated one of the top recruiters in the nation at least once. Maybe more than that. This definitely hurts us.

At penn state.

Cooterpoot
01-20-2019, 05:16 PM
I predict Peterson or Hughes to RB coach.

chef dixon
01-20-2019, 05:16 PM
Not sure I get it for Bama is they are hiring him for his recruiting prowess. They pretty much already cant recruit any better

maroonmania
01-20-2019, 05:17 PM
Well if there was a chance of our offense working on Bama next year that?s probably gone

Yea, if we score less on Bama this year than last year it will likely be because of Huff. Wait, we scored 0 last year. Maybe this year we won't even get a score called back on a phantom penalty.

msugolf
01-20-2019, 05:18 PM
That?s what college football has become. The haves vs the have nots. We aren?t either one of those because we?re in the SEC. Eventually college football is going to destroy itself.

It already has. I?ve already started losing interest. When the same teams make the playoffs next year and then again the year after then you?ll see a huge drop off in ratings.

Coursesuper
01-20-2019, 05:19 PM

It?s closer than a lot of people think. This thing is going implode within 15 to 20 years, the amount of money being pushed into college football isn?t sustainable for the majority and this thing will collapse upon itself. The big boys will form their own syndicate.

CadaverDawg
01-20-2019, 05:19 PM
1. Alabama can go straight to hell. Sick of them.

2. This is a bad look for Joe to lose his right hand man. I thought we had tons of money for assistants? I know it's Bama, but still a bad look.

3. Now some of you have your excuse for when our close in recruiting sucks.

4. Alabama can kiss my ass.

5. Will we ever receive good football news again? We're on a rough streak

maroonmania
01-20-2019, 05:22 PM
It already has. I?ve already started losing interest. When the same teams make the playoffs next year and then again the year after then you?ll see a huge drop off in ratings.

May end up being what forces the PTB to yield to the 8 team playoff. Viewers may eventually tire of the 4 teams in the playoff only coming from about 6 programs across the country with Bama and Clemson automatically in every year. At least with 8 teams some new blood would get a shot every year.

Cooterpoot
01-20-2019, 05:23 PM
Looks like it’s Robert Gillespie

bluelightstar
01-20-2019, 05:24 PM
Long 3 years

Ifyouonlyknew
01-20-2019, 05:25 PM
I predict Peterson or Hughes to RB coach.

It's an outside coach.

Cooterpoot
01-20-2019, 05:29 PM
It's an outside coach.

Gillespie?

justwin
01-20-2019, 05:37 PM
[QUOTE=Cooterpoot;1058293]Looks like it?s Robert Gillespie[/QUOTE

Hell yes

BeardoMSU
01-20-2019, 05:40 PM
Gillespie?

Is that good?

Bass Chaser
01-20-2019, 05:47 PM
Do we blame Huff for running woes? Playing Hill over Aeris?

Objectively is this really a loss?

vv83
01-20-2019, 05:49 PM
Is that good?

Got Jalen Hurd and Kamara back at UT. I wouldn't be upset with this

bluelightstar
01-20-2019, 05:50 PM
Do we blame Huff for running woes? Playing Hill over Aeris?

Objectively is this really a loss?

No, Nick Saban loves to hire bad coaches**

HoopsDawg
Looks like it’s Robert Gillespie

Upgrade imo.

BankerDog
Is that good?

He?s a MS guy who knows how MS recruiting is. Recruited Kamara to TN and also was the lead recruiter for all of Butch Jones? classes.

This would be a very good hire if true. Only other MS guys I would love to see us get are Peeler and the Co-DC at Bama that played at Delta State. I wanna see how Bump does and would bring him in a few years.

HoopsDawg
01-20-2019, 05:51 PM

Sarkision sucks.

BankerDog
01-20-2019, 05:51 PM

Half this board during the pre-season said Kylin should be the starter over A-Train. Funny how it works.

Big4Dawg
01-20-2019, 05:56 PM
He?s a MS guy who knows how MS recruiting is. Recruited Kamara to TN and also was the lead recruiter for all of Butch Jones? classes.

This would be a very good hire if true. Only other MS guys I would love to see us get are Peeler and the Co-DC at Bama that played at Delta State. I wanna see how Bump does and would bring him in a few years.

Kamara transfered there where he was completely underutilized. Should fit in nicely here

maroonmania
01-20-2019, 05:57 PM
Upgrade imo.

Agree, I mean the only downside of this is that Huff was more familiar with the Moorhead offensive system and terminology. I agree that at least in the MS area Gillespie will be every bit as good of a recruiter as Huff. Of course we don't officially it will be Gillespie.

Dawgowar
01-20-2019, 05:58 PM
Gillespie was retained aT UNC by Mack Brwon - who replaced all but two coaches. Mack knows how to recruit - disciplining them isn’t his strong suit (Brown, not Gillespie) That he would keep Gillespie says a lot to me. Not sure why he couldn’t keep him.

BankerDog
Kamara transfered there where he was completely underutilized. Should fit in nicely here

Last time I heard..you still recruit transfers bud.

HoopsDawg
Agree, I mean the only downside of this is that Huff was more familiar with the Moorhead offensive system and terminology.

Yep and that might not even be a downside.

Gutter Cobreh
01-20-2019, 06:13 PM
Well, if Moorhead replaces coaches at the speed he gets the play called - we should have Huff's replacement named the Friday before the first game...***

Irondawg
01-20-2019, 06:14 PM
Huff probably won't stay more than a year there - he's trying to parlay the Bama resume into a HC

StarkVegasSteve
01-20-2019, 06:42 PM

I doubt Gillespie had a huge say in how Kamara was used once he got there. I blame that on Butch and i'm pretty sure Kamara would do the same

BeardoMSU
01-20-2019, 06:46 PM
I doubt Gillespie had a huge say in how Kamara was used once he got there. I blame that on Butch and i'm pretty sure Kamara would do the same

This^

Shoop also had to coach under that clown-shoe of a HC, and look....he comes here and kicks ass.

Jack Lambert
01-20-2019, 06:49 PM
HUD was job hunting and not handling some things late in the year.

I understand once you have been a HC you want to be a HC but Hud was a good Miss recruiter.

Homedawg
01-20-2019, 08:29 PM
I would take Sylvester coaching the OL....but dont think he would ever come back unless he needs a paycheck.....which I doubt.

You have officially lost your mind.

Cooterpoot
01-20-2019, 08:45 PM
I understand once you have been a HC you want to be a HC but Hud was a good Miss recruiter.

Not at the end he wasn’t. One recruit called him out behind the scenes and another coach took over.

Homedawg
01-20-2019, 09:53 PM
Huff probably won't stay more than a year there - he's trying to parlay the Bama resume into a HC

He's gonna have to be an oc before he's a head coach. Just the way it is.

hacker
01-20-2019, 10:27 PM
Might be losing Piroli too. What a day

Homedawg
01-20-2019, 10:30 PM
Might be losing Piroli too. What a day

Take the might out

KOdawg1
01-20-2019, 10:35 PM
Take the might out

Yep he's headed back to the NFL. What a day lol

msstate7
01-20-2019, 10:36 PM
All of this jumping ship isn't exactly instilling confidence in joe

preachermatt83
01-20-2019, 10:38 PM

I'm done with him. These other coaches are seeing the ship sinking.

hacker
01-20-2019, 10:59 PM
Just a reminder that Saban lost 4 coaches as well. Did they see the sinking ship over there too?

HoopsDawg
01-20-2019, 10:59 PM
Take the might out

Now this one hurts. 3 most important coaches at MSU: Head Coach, Strength Coach, Defensive coordinator. If our head coach was a defensive guy, it would be offensive coordinator.

Coursesuper
01-20-2019, 11:01 PM
Just a reminder that Saban lost 4 coaches as well. Did they see the sinking ship over there too?

Just a reminder, State is about 80 miles west of Tuscaloosa. We ain't Alabama.

msstate7
01-20-2019, 11:01 PM

Well if we had the GOAT college coach running our program, maybe it would be different. Saban = Moorhead?

TrapGame
01-20-2019, 11:09 PM

Losing a recruit is one thing but losing a coach who was supposed to be one of the loyal inner circle after just one year kinda has my Spidey Sense tingling.

HoopsDawg
01-20-2019, 11:11 PM
Losing a recruit is one thing but losing a coach who was supposed to be one of the loyal inner circle after just one year kinda has my Spidey Sense tingling.

Yeah, but it's to Bama. That's the one place that doesn't bother me. Every coach that goes to Bama ends up being a coordinator or head coach.

hacker
01-20-2019, 11:11 PM
Well if we had the GOAT college coach running our program, maybe it would be different. Saban = Moorhead?

You're twisting my words. I can't follow the logic that we can lose coaches and it be an indictment of our head coach, but Saban loses coaches and oh, it just happens?

TrapGame
01-20-2019, 11:15 PM
Yeah, but it's to Bama. That's the one place that doesn't bother me. Every coach that goes to Bama ends up being a coordinator or head coach.

I would agree if not for the whole loyalty thing with Joe and Huff. However, I wonder if Huff was a hair's breath away from getting a couple of guys from Saban and this is his way of neutralizing a threat.

msstate7
01-20-2019, 11:16 PM
You're twisting my words. I can't follow the logic that we can lose coaches and it be an indictment of our head coach, but Saban loses coaches and oh, it just happens?

Very rarely does Saban lose a coach making a move to the same position. Moorhead losing huff (right hand man) would be like if smart left to be urban's DC, kinda... granted Bama is more prestigious, but isn't huff losing the OC title in this move?

Homedawg
01-20-2019, 11:19 PM

Well if we had won umpteen national championships and played for more that would make me feel better. Guess what, we aren't bama. They, wash, rinse, repeat. We wash, rinse, and repeat alright but in a treading water sense

hacker
01-20-2019, 11:22 PM
Very rarely does Saban lose a coach making a move to the same position. Moorhead losing huff (right hand man) would be like if smart left to be urban's DC, kinda... granted Bama is more prestigious, but isn't huff losing the OC title in this move?

It's being said he's likely to be co-OC at Bama too.

msstate7
01-20-2019, 11:23 PM
It's being said he's likely to be co-OC at Bama too.

I don't fault him even if doesn't; but he left a blue blood to come here with Moorhead so I wonder what changed

hacker
01-20-2019, 11:25 PM
Well if we had won umpteen national championships and played for more that would make me feel better. Guess what, we aren't bama. They, wash, rinse, repeat. We wash, rinse, and repeat alright but in a treading water sense

Sure. I'm not saying we're Bama or anywhere close. My point is that we're all melting down and pointing blame at Moorhead for losing coaches when they're all just taking better jobs. Just like the coaches that left Bama. But no one is saying that is Saban's fault.

BeardoMSU
01-20-2019, 11:27 PM
I'm done with him.

https://www.memecreator.org/static/images/memes/4825424.jpg

HoopsDawg
I don't fault him even if doesn't; but he left a blue blood to come here with Moorhead so I wonder what changed

I heard that a lot of the offensive coaches were pissed about having Zero say in the offense. Make no mistake, it's all Joe. It's his system and it's his playcalling. And now we have seen Hud leave, Huff leave, and I'm guessing Getsy will be leaving soon. So that leaves who..Marcus Johnson and Elliot?

TrapGame

Jesus, I'm agreeing with 7 tonight. Huff leaving is a very bad sign. I don't care what anybody says.

CadaverDawg
01-20-2019, 11:31 PM
Here....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=unPvYYQGBq4

A glimpse of what to expect by 2021

Homedawg
01-20-2019, 11:34 PM
Sure. I'm not saying we're Bama or anywhere close. My point is that we're all melting down and pointing blame at Moorhead for losing coaches when they're all just taking better jobs. Just like the coaches that left Bama. But no one is saying that is Saban's fault.

That's fair. Completely. But the guys leaving him, are "his guys". Guess he won't be blamed of having a country club of coaches when he his time is up.

Homedawg
01-20-2019, 11:37 PM
Jesus, I'm agreeing with 7 tonight. Huff leaving is a very bad sign. I don't care what anybody says.

I don't blame huff for leaving. Even to be a wr coach. But it doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies.

HoopsDawg
01-20-2019, 11:37 PM
That's fair. Completely. But the guys leaving him, are "his guys". Guess he won't be blamed of having a country club of coaches when he his time is up.

Unless he keeps replacing them with guys from uconn and fordham. thank goodness he missed on don brown and we ended up with Shoop.

TrapGame
01-20-2019, 11:39 PM

Precisely. Huff was supposed to be a true believer. Leaving after one year, even to go to Bama, is very suspicious.

Irondawg
01-21-2019, 12:05 AM
I think Huff just saw all these Bama coaches getting good gigs and he has aspirations and knows the reality is that MSU could very well take a step back. Bama isn't going anywhere and he will add some NFL 1st round pick to his Barkley resume.