PDA

View Full Version : Denico.....enough already.......

Pit Bull
01-20-2019, 01:12 AM
....think a little bit before carrying out your celebrations!......

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/denico-autry-fined-for-his-conspicuous-pelvic-thrust/ar-BBStmZB?ocid=spartandhp

Pollodawg
01-20-2019, 01:20 AM
Or, here’s a novel idea, finish the play and go about your business. These are professional athletes. Can you imagine other professionals, your accountant, waving his/her hips when she/he finds you a deduction?

Yeah, I’m that guy. Get off my lawn.

Todd4State
01-20-2019, 01:51 AM
Or, here’s a novel idea, finish the play and go about your business. These are professional athletes. Can you imagine other professionals, your accountant, waving his/her hips when she/he finds you a deduction?

Yeah, I’m that guy. Get off my lawn.

Actually, I would love it if my CPA did that.

sandwolf
01-20-2019, 01:56 AM
Actually, I would love it if my CPA did that.

Haha, I would too. That said, comparing professional football players to business professionals is incredibly stupid.

ETA: No offense....

AFDawg
01-20-2019, 02:51 AM
The ole Hingle McCringleberry.

https://youtu.be/RGJb2iLvOKE

bulldawg28
01-20-2019, 06:43 AM
You're a week late to the celebration party OP.

RougeDawg
01-20-2019, 08:14 AM
Haha, I would too. That said, comparing professional football players to business professionals is incredibly stupid.

Why? Does getting paid 10-40 times what an accountant somehow make you immune to to professionalism? I don’t get it? Act like you have been there and done that before, especially if you bring home 6+ figures.

Your lack or ability to see why this is relevant is severely ignorant. I will not call you stupid as you suggest in your statement. I?m hoping you are under 18 and have not lived any life outside of mommy and daddy being in crontol. If that?s not the case I reserve a chance to change my ignorant comment.

starkvegasdawg
01-20-2019, 08:22 AM
What I liked about Barry Sanders. He'd break five ankles on a 50 yard td run and just hand the ball to the ref and run to the sideline.

somebodyshotmypaw
01-20-2019, 08:31 AM
It is a little odd to see people act like they've done something special, when in reality, they've only done what they've been hired and paid to do. But sports is entertainment, so it's treated differently.

I don't do it at my job, but then I don't have people watching and cheering me on, with a desire to be entertained.

MetEdDawg
01-20-2019, 08:45 AM
It is a little odd to see people act like they've done something special, when in reality, they've only done what they've been hired and paid to do. But sports is entertainment, so it's treated differently.

I don't do it at my job, but then I don't have people watching and cheering me on, with a desire to be entertained.

I don't mind the TD celebrations or even something after a really big moment in a game. But every first down has a player throwing his arm forward for the first down sign and flipping a football. It's stupid.

I don't really care about seeing a running back give me the first down sign afterna 2nd and 2 in the middle of the 1st quarter.

RougeDawg
01-20-2019, 08:55 AM
I don't mind the TD celebrations or even something after a really big moment in a game. But every first down has a player throwing his arm forward for the first down sign and flipping a football. It's stupid.

I don't really care about seeing a running back give me the first down sign afterna 2nd and 2 in the middle of the 1st quarter.

I?m with you. No need in telling me something I can deduce for myself. Getting 1st downs and Ws is what you are paid to do. Do them.

starkvegasdawg
01-20-2019, 09:14 AM
Allow me to add a DB signaling incomplete pass when the ball was overthrown by five yards and he had nothing to do with it.

mstatefan91
01-20-2019, 09:47 AM
Why? Does getting paid 10-40 times what an accountant somehow make you immune to to professionalism? I don’t get it? Act like you have been there and done that before, especially if you bring home 6+ figures.

Your lack or ability to see why this is relevant is severely ignorant. I will not call you stupid as you suggest in your statement. I?m hoping you are under 18 and have not lived any life outside of mommy and daddy being in crontol. If that?s not the case I reserve a chance to change my ignorant comment.

Someone doesn’t understand that football players are entertainers first and foremost :)

Dawghouse
01-20-2019, 10:45 AM
Few points for the get off my lawn crowd.

1. These guys are paid for their athleticism, not their professionalism.
2. This is an entertainment business. Why have cheerleaders, they add nothing to the game? Because the entire spectacle is to entertain and celebrations entertain.
3. They are playing a game and by that I mean a GAME. When playing a game you should have fun.

That said, he broke the rules, apparently pelvic thrusts are not allowed, I assume twerking is on that list as well. There are kids present dammit. Leave the pelvic thrusts to the cheerleaders.

MCsMGs
01-20-2019, 11:25 AM
I guess that's why I don't watch the NFL or NBA anymore... I'm not entertained by those shenanigans.

MCsMGs
01-20-2019, 11:58 AM
Double tap...

Pollodawg
01-20-2019, 12:01 PM

You’re a moron.....no offense.

mstatefan91
01-20-2019, 12:37 PM
I guess that's why I don't watch the NFL or NBA anymore... I'm not entertained by those shenanigans.

And that is absolutely understandable

sandwolf
01-21-2019, 01:28 AM

I can't believe I am going to respond to this but here goes.....

NFL players are testosterone filled athletes who are hired to excel at an aggressive, emotional, violent sport while appealing to a customer who is attracted to the passion, energy, and physicality of the game. They are in the entertainment business and raw emotion is a big part of what makes football entertaining.

Accountants are highly educated professionals that are hired to crunch numbers while appealing to a customer who wants to feel confident that they know wtf they are doing. They are providing professional services that have professional, financial, legal, etc. implications to their customers.

If you think that accountants and NFL players are going to have similar expectations for the way that they conduct themselves in the workplace, you might well be the dumbest mother****er alive.

Dawgbite
01-21-2019, 09:09 AM
The NFL is Sports Entertainment much like the WWE.