PDA

View Full Version : Sec basketball Saturday

msstate7
01-19-2019, 02:12 PM
The sec officials let tenn do whatever they wanna do to a team. Tenn has to bloody a nose to get called a foul

Rick Danko
01-19-2019, 02:43 PM
Are they the new chosen son?

msstate7
01-19-2019, 02:54 PM
Are they the new chosen son?

It's actually being called much better now. Don't get me wrong... they bad, and they don't need help. The first part of this game was ridiculous though. They were physical as I've watched anyone be this year and had 1 foul to bama's 6 at the 9-min mark. It was flat out terrible that tenn only had 1 at that point... we would've had 10 if we played 75% that physical

msstate7
01-19-2019, 03:36 PM
If we had hall of Bama or Silva of South Carolina, we'd be BA. We need a guy that is tough as hell down low

msstate7
01-19-2019, 03:51 PM
When Bama ends up losing, 5-14 FTs will be the reason. What a pathetic free throw exhibition

msstate7
01-19-2019, 03:57 PM
Bama is 2/11 on FTs in the 2nd half and down 1 to tenn. Jeez Bama

bluelightstar
01-19-2019, 04:02 PM
UT/Bama is just another example of how challenging the SEC is going to be this year. Really looks like Arkansas and Mizzou are the only “gimmes.”

msstate7
01-19-2019, 04:04 PM
Traveling? Wow... maybe the replay missed it, but ref should be fired if what I saw was the call

Bdawg
01-19-2019, 04:43 PM
Watching AU and KY and it's so great to have the students on the sideline behind the commentators. It just makes the atmosphere so much better and look so much better on tv. Man I remember sitting in line for hours for the KY game to get those good sideline seats down low to wreak some havoc on the officials.

RocketDawg
01-19-2019, 04:44 PM
Traveling? Wow... maybe the replay missed it, but ref should be fired

I thought he shuffled his feet right before the first dribble.

msstate7
01-19-2019, 04:46 PM
I thought he shuffled his feet right before the first dribble.

Good. The replay I saw was bad, but call could've been before that

dawgday166
01-19-2019, 04:56 PM
It's actually being called much better now. Don't get me wrong... they bad, and they don't need help. The first part of this game was ridiculous though. They were physical as I've watched anyone be this year and had 1 foul to bama's 6 at the 9-min mark. It was flat out terrible that tenn only had 1 at that point... we would've had 10 if we played 75% that physical

They trying to even it out to make up for Bama's bias in football.

msstate7
01-19-2019, 06:25 PM
Impressive win by Kentucky even though Auburn is not the same team as last year

MarketingBully
01-19-2019, 06:29 PM
As bad as we played against SC and OM if we had just cut out the selfish play to end those games and shared the basketball, we’d be 3-0 right now. Makes me sick that we have such an experienced team and played like we did down the stretch in those games.

CadaverDawg
01-19-2019, 06:49 PM
Kentucky & Auburn just appear to play with so much more hustle and give-a-damn than we do

MarketingBully
01-19-2019, 06:50 PM
LSU the best team money can buy. Will Wade will have them on probation in two years if he keeps recruiting like he is. LSU is good but is beating teams like we should have with our talent.

Pit Bull
01-19-2019, 06:53 PM
UT/Bama is just another example of how challenging the SEC is going to be this year. Really looks like Arkansas and Mizzou are the only “gimmes.”

Vandy is a close 3rd gimme.

MarketingBully
01-19-2019, 06:54 PM
Kentucky & Auburn just appear to play with so much more hustle and give-a-damn than we do

The problem with playing man to man exclusively is you have to have all five players playing with the same intensity. If you have one not playing up to snuff it screws everything else. Kotsar hasn’t sniffed 26 since getting it against us. In fact, I’d go as far as to say he hasn’t gotten 26 in the other games combined. That kid from Ole Miss hasn’t been close to 25 either. Those guys were Holman’s man. He has to give much better effort on defense. Then we just need to share the ball on offense. It’s that simple.

MarketingBully
01-19-2019, 06:55 PM
Vandy is a close 3rd gimme.

Only team winless right now in the SEC. There is no possible excuse to lose this game.

MarketingBully
01-19-2019, 07:00 PM
We are an 8 seed in the NCAA tournament right now according to projections. If that holds and that’s where we are in the tournament, this will be one of the most disappointing seasons I have seen in our history. It practically guarantees us a first weekend exit. We dug ourselves a huge hole to begin the SEC season. Now we have to dig out of it. We still have a lot of basketball left (thank goodness). Have to win tonight and go on a mini-run here to recover from a bad loss to South Carolina and inexcusable loss to Ole Miss.

CadaverDawg
01-19-2019, 07:04 PM
We are an 8 seed in the NCAA tournament right now according to projections. If that holds and that’s where we are in the tournament, this will be one of the most disappointing seasons I have seen in our history. It practically guarantees us a first weekend exit. We dug ourselves a huge hole to begin the SEC season. Now we have to dig out of it. We still have a lot of basketball left (thank goodness). Have to win tonight and go on a mini-run here to recover from a bad loss to South Carolina and inexcusable loss to Ole Miss.

Would be the biggest failure of a season since football 2018

Dawg2003
01-19-2019, 07:14 PM

After watching that game, I don't see us beating either of them unless something changes. And we really need a good win to get us out of being an 8/9 seed.

MarketingBully
01-19-2019, 07:18 PM
Would be the biggest failure of a season since football 2018

I disagree and here’s why. Moorhead had never been a D1 Head Coach before and 2018 was his first year here. If you want to blame someone for the short term on that season blame Cohen for hiring a guy whose offensive RPO spread principals didn’t match who we had on our offense. Howland has been building this program for this year just to herp and derp in the SEC season for an 8 seed (possibly).

msstate7
01-19-2019, 07:23 PM
LSU the best team money can buy. Will Wade will have them on probation in two years if he keeps recruiting like he is. LSU is good but is beating teams like we should have with our talent.

Wade is a better coach than present day howland

MarketingBully
01-19-2019, 07:25 PM
After watching that game, I don't see us beating either of them unless something changes. And we really need a good win to get us out of being an 8/9 seed.

I think we will be competitive with UK Tuesday and will beat Auburn a week from today but how we play tonight is key. If we keep playing like we played the last three games every game will be an adventure.

Liverpooldawg
01-19-2019, 07:41 PM
We are an 8 seed in the NCAA tournament right now according to projections. If that holds and that?s where we are in the tournament, this will be one of the most disappointing seasons I have seen in our history. It practically guarantees us a first weekend exit. We dug ourselves a huge hole to begin the SEC season. Now we have to dig out of it. We still have a lot of basketball left (thank goodness). Have to win tonight and go on a mini-run here to recover from a bad loss to South Carolina and inexcusable loss to Ole Miss.

Ugh, we haven't been in the NCAA for what, a decade now, and you are proclaiming if we get in as an 8 it's disappointing? Get real man. That's just asinine. It's also Ole Miss level delusional.

Pit Bull
01-19-2019, 08:17 PM
LSU may be the class of the league. What Will Wade has done there is nothing short of incredible. I don't see us beating them at all.

CadaverDawg
01-19-2019, 08:31 PM
Ugh, we haven't been in the NCAA for what, a decade now, and you are proclaiming if we get in as an 8 it's disappointing? Get real man. That's just asinine. It's also Ole Miss level delusional.

Shocker.

Lebron and Durant could suit up for us this year and you'd still see a NIT Championship a success because "when was the last time we won a post season tourney?! Y'all are delusional to think just because we have two NBA Hall of Famers means we should expect more than a small step up from last year. We're Lil MSU, guys, c'mon!"

MarketingBully
01-19-2019, 10:39 PM
Shocker.

Lebron and Durant could suit up for us this year and you'd still see a NIT Championship a success because "when was the last time we won a post season tourney?! Y'all are delusional to think just because we have two NBA Hall of Famers means we should expect more than a small step up from last year. We're Lil MSU, guys, c'mon!"

I’m with you Cadaver. This win tonight is a big step to helping us get a 4 or 5 seed. If we can split this week I think we can dig ourselves out to a 4 or 5 seed. We already have 6 Quad 1 wins which is the second most in the conference. If we somehow swept this week, we’d basically reset to where we were before the SEC season. Big week coming up for us.

TALL DAWG
01-20-2019, 11:17 AM
When Bama ends up losing, 5-14 FTs will be the reason. What a pathetic free throw exhibition

Yep. The refs were not great but BAMA beat themselves w/their crap show at line.
They were 1 of 9 at one point in 2nd half with some being front end of 1&1?s.
Really Awful.