PDA

View Full Version : Christian Roberson in Transfer Portal

Goldendawg
01-19-2019, 12:03 AM
I just glanced at the small article in the Tupelo Daily Journal at work today, but it stated that TE Christian Roberson had entered the transfer portal. Said that he was a Soph with little playing time and that it left us with "only" 5 TE's on our roster, ( Dan was really stocking up, he used them so much in the passing game**). Best of luck to Christian at his new school and thanks for his time at MSU.

DawgRockur
01-19-2019, 12:07 AM
Who??

Dawg61
01-19-2019, 12:22 AM
Dan was really stocking up, he used them so much in the passing game**

I haven't looked but I seriously doubt we used TE's more this year than Mullen did. Hell we barely used our RBs.

msstate7
01-19-2019, 12:27 AM
With all those TEs, you'd think joe would've helped eiland with a TE vs Allen of Kentucky.

Dawg61
01-19-2019, 12:54 AM
With all those TEs, you'd think joe would've helped eiland with a TE vs Allen of Kentucky.

Yup. The UK game was a total shit show for our coaches and our offense. Just a brutal performance. Maybe the worst performed game by a MSU team since Croom left. At the time I put a lot of blame on the rain but looking back it was just 100% awful coaching and zero player discipline.

TUSK
01-19-2019, 01:01 AM

https://youtu.be/APgrUnNQPQw

Who's gonna be at LT this comin' season, 7?

Goldendawg
01-19-2019, 01:06 AM
Yup. The UK game was a total shit show for our coaches and our offense. Just a brutal performance. Maybe the worst performed game by a MSU team since Croom left. At the time I put a lot of blame on the rain but looking back it was just 100% awful coaching and zero player discipline.

100%. KY played in the same rain that we did. But, but, they had so many good player coming back. We did too, the same guys who beat them 45 - 7 the year before. Jo tried to force his "O" on a team that could not run it, as Croom and Woody trying to force the West Coast O on our team years ago. There is no excuse for losing that game, but I read so many excuses here. Oh, well, again I beat that very dead horse, but his carcass still stinks!

TUSK
01-19-2019, 01:23 AM

Repped for the mea culpa... Twasn't the rain that got y'all in Lexington...

BuckyIsAB****
01-19-2019, 03:33 PM
Repped for the mea culpa... Twasn't the rain that got y'all in Lexington...

Hold that tiger

TUSK
01-19-2019, 03:48 PM
Hold that tiger

Nice.

https://youtu.be/k5hWWe-ts2s

Pit Bull
01-19-2019, 06:57 PM

I have never seen a DE (Josh Allen) go around a DT (Eiland) faster than that in any game I have ever witnessed. Eiland looked like he had been standing still in concrete for a couple days.

Coursesuper
01-19-2019, 07:15 PM
I have never seen a DE (Josh Allen) go around a DT (Eiland) faster than that in any game I have ever witnessed. Eiland looked like he had been standing still in concrete for a couple days.

That would be because he is a statue, dude is slow.

Dawgfan77
01-19-2019, 07:39 PM
He is a RT
I?d move him to RT Phillips to left and move Reese to RG. Williams at center and story at RG. Parker, Dolla Bill, Cross, and sharp Are back ups

Coursesuper
01-19-2019, 07:50 PM
He is a RT
I?d move him to RT Phillips to left and move Reese to RG. Williams at center and story at RG. Parker, Dolla Bill, Cross, and sharp Are back ups

RT doesn't cover slow feet, dude is slow slow. He's good when he's run blocks but in a situation where an elite DE knows what's coming 55 doesn't have a chance against them.

BuckyIsAB****
01-19-2019, 09:08 PM
Nice.

https://youtu.be/k5hWWe-ts2s

Tua Turndaballova

Todd4State
01-19-2019, 09:30 PM

Allen is also a potential first round pick. Not arguing that Eiland isn't slow though. I hope Cross is special and can take over.

msstate7
01-19-2019, 10:02 PM
Allen is also a potential first round pick. Not arguing that Eiland isn't slow though. I hope Cross is special and can take over.

Potential? Allen is gonna be top 10, maybe top 5

TUSK
01-19-2019, 11:41 PM
Tua Turndaballova

Fact... I'll forgive him when it's "TuaNationchampionships"....

TUSK
01-19-2019, 11:42 PM

Yup.... Outside of Q, Allen is the best thing goin' re: SEC DLs...

Todd4State
01-19-2019, 11:47 PM

Probably so. Could have said probable but there are so many DL/Edge defenders in this draft I think it just depends on which team likes who.

RougeDawg
01-20-2019, 09:00 AM
Allen is top 15 because this draft is lacking. We made him look all pro. Most teams overlooked him. He will be average NFL material.